Who is the Angel Michael?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

FollowtheShepherd

Sep 15, 2019
Don't forget the question mark - "who is like God?" Of course, the answer to this rhetorical question is no one is like God. I was once in a discussion with a Seventh Day Adventist who left out the question mark and the end result was him stating that the proper meaning of the name "Michael" is one who is "as" God. I'm not implying you teach that too, but it can result in a different meaning and lead to confusion.

The name for "Micah" is also "who is like God?" I did not hear the Seventh Day Adventist claim that Micah was "as" God as well.
Psalms 113:1-9, " 1 Praise the LORD! Praise, O servants of the LORD, praise the name of the LORD! 2 Blessed be the name of the LORD from this time forth and forevermore! 3 From the rising of the sun to its setting, the name of the LORD is to be praised! 4 The LORD is high above all nations, and his glory above the heavens! 5 Who is like the LORD our God, who is seated on high, 6 who looks far down on the heavens and the earth? 7 He raises the poor from the dust and lifts the needy from the ash heap, 8 to make them sit with princes, with the princes of his people. 9 He gives the barren woman a home, making her the joyous mother of children. Praise the LORD!

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Michael, or One Who is Like God………..

When Jesus was seen walking onthe waters of Galilee, and it was reported bby one disciple to the others they sai it was not Jesus but rather it was His Ghost. In some translations it read itmust have been His angel.

We see in the Word the word Angel used squite differently than it is taught in this centure. A time machine is not necessary to understand the possibilities, but some thinking, meditating, is very useful in this regard.

I have always suspected Michael to be one of the manners in which Yahweh chose to appear. Possibly Gariel also, and of course Raphael...……….all Angels with attributes of our Maker Who will be what He will be.

I am over the top believing my all powerfal Father appears in any manner He will be, and I cannot question Him on that- Praise God, He is worthy, not we….amen.

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
I loved @GracethroughfaithinChrist answer to my question.....Hebrews 1:4-14.

Hebrews 1:4-14 King James Version (KJV)
4 Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.

5 For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?

6 And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.

7 And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire.

8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

9 Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

10 And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands:

11 They shall perish; but thou remainest; and they all shall wax old as doth a garment;

12 And as a vesture shalt thou fold them up, and they shall be changed: but thou art the same, and thy years shall not fail.

13 But to which of the angels said he at any time, Sit on my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool?

14 Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?

I firmly believe now that the Archangel Michael CANNOT be Yeshua/Jeshua or God in "angelic flesh" because the Archangel Michael is NOT TO BE WORSHIPED by the angels and scripture NEVER tells us to worship Michael.

When John bowed down and started worshiping an angel in Rev. 19, the angel immediately stopped him and said:

Revelation 19:10 King James Version (KJV)
10 And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

We know that ONLY GOD IS TO BE WORSHIPED and the angel told John to worship Yeshua/Jesus NOT ANY ANGEL.

Yeshua/Jesus Christ is to be worshiped because He is God. The Archangel Michael is NOT to be worshiped because he is NOT God.

Thank you all for your scriptures and replies - @Deut, @Ahwatukee, @p_rehbein, @KJV1611, @Lightskin @Magenta, @Mii, @JaumeJ, @Nehemiah6 ! :love:(y)

bluto

Aug 4, 2016
Michael, or One Who is Like God………..

When Jesus was seen walking onthe waters of Galilee, and it was reported bby one disciple to the others they sai it was not Jesus but rather it was His Ghost. In some translations it read itmust have been His angel.

We see in the Word the word Angel used squite differently than it is taught in this centure. A time machine is not necessary to understand the possibilities, but some thinking, meditating, is very useful in this regard.

I have always suspected Michael to be one of the manners in which Yahweh chose to appear. Possibly Gariel also, and of course Raphael...……….all Angels with attributes of our Maker Who will be what He will be.

I am over the top believing my all powerfal Father appears in any manner He will be, and I cannot question Him on that- Praise God, He is worthy, not we….amen.
What your saying does not make any sense. This is not a matter of God can do what He wants so He appears as an angle. God created all the angels and not only that but the "one and only" physical manifestation of God is His Son Jesus Christ. Read John 1:18 and/or 1 Timothy3:16.

And regarding the word for angel in the Hebrew it is "malak." Now, this word simply means "messenger." The word does refer to actual angels like Michael or Gabriel or it can refer to human beings. This is the case at Malachi 3:1, "Behold, I am going to send My "malak/angel/messenger," and he will clear the way before Me. This is referring to John the Baptist and John is no actual angel but he is a messenger.

Continuing on with Malachi 3:1, "And the Lord whom you seek, will suddenly come to His temple; This is referring to the Son Jesus Christ and is backed up at Mark 1:1-4. (continuing on), and the "malak/angel/messenger" of the covenant, in whom you delight behold, He is coming, says the Lord of hosts."

So who is the messenger of the covenant and where in the Bible was this covenant made and to whom? The covenant that God made with Abraham can be found at various places in the book of Genesis. One of those places is at Genesis 15:18, Genesis 17:10 and at Genesis 22 when the angel of the Lord/the preincarnate Jesus Christ who is clearly identified as God swore the oath to Abraham that He/God will multiply Abraham's seed Genesis 22:18. And as I said in my other post in this thread the writer of Hebrews backs this up, Hebrews 6:13-14, and at Luke 1:72-73.

The other thing I said is the fact that "angels" no matter who it is CANNOT SWEAR AN OATH ON BEHALF OF GOD, PERIOD." I do not see why this is so hard to understand? The way the word "malik or angel" is used depends on the context of how it is used. Two more points, Malachi, by whom the book of Malachi was written, well his name comes from the word, "malak" and of course Malachi is a human being/prophet/messenger. Also, "THE" angel of the Lord, Jesus Christ "NEVER" appears in the New Testament as the angel of the Lord or functioning as the angel of the Lord. :eek:

IN THE ANGEL OF THE LORD,
bluto

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
The word, angel, is misunderstood mby many. It is used in place of spirit at times.

Because God informed Moses "i aM THAT I aM," hE WILL MANIfesst Himself at any given time in any manner He sees fit. The three Angels that camae down to Abraham, and other examplses permeate the Word, dI believ.e

E

eternally-gratefull

I asked this question because in Revelation 19 when an angel refers to itself as a fellow servant and instructs John that together (human and angels) worship Yeshua/Jesus Christ.

We know there was a war in heaven and Satan took 1/3 of the angels. We know that ONLY Michael can defeat Satan in the angelic realm.

Is it possible that The Word took on “angelic flesh” and dwelt among them? ....and was called Michael?
Where do you read took on angelic flesh? He took on human flesh

Michael and Gabriel are two arch angels.

hence created beings (the term arch angel is a title or place of power or rank)

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Correct. There is no such thing as "angelic flesh" for the simple reason that angels are SPIRIT BEINGS.

When angels appear to men in Scripture, they assume a human form and speak ordinary human language.

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017

Michael and Gabriel are two arch angels.

hence created beings (the term arch angel is a title or place of power or rank)
Hi EG - no worries, read post #23. It's the conclusion I came to after reading scripture.

Sep 14, 2019
my thinking on this subject is that most angels are created beings such as Satan. Genesis tells us that the Serpent was the most "crafty" of all God's creation. Since Michael fought Satan it is assumed that these are two angels who were created for their specific purpose. one to help carry out God's will and the other to oppose God's will. This creates the spiritual battle that we all have to struggle with. There are angels who have freedom of thought, will and choice but are usually very obedient to their mission. Even though they are very obedient they still have the freedom to choose to carry out their assignment or not and sometimes the freedom to carry out their mission according to their own conscience.

Then there are other angels who are created spiritual beings who are more like spiritual robots. They do not have freedom of choice, will or thought. There will carry out there instructions to the best of there ability regardless of any moral issues that may arise just as their "programmed" to perform. I believe that the "inhabitants of the earth whose names are not written in the book of life during the great tribulation are soulless creatures with human form and inhabited by this type of angel. In other words these inhabitants of the earth will be soulless spiritual robots with human form but only able to carry out the most basic instincts of their flesh.

Then there are some spiritual beings who part of divinity such as the 7 spirits of God. I don't know what else to call these beings but angels of God. God divides himself into separate and distinct beings who have a sense of divinity about them and deserve our respect and worship because they really are God. I don't believe these angels are created beings because they were not really created. Their existence is part of who God is including their eternality. The LORD the God of Israel (not the state of Israel) is one of these beings and was (maybe still is) on the throne in heaven.

Blessings to you!

bluto

Aug 4, 2016
The word, angel, is misunderstood mby many. It is used in place of spirit at times.

Because God informed Moses "i aM THAT I aM," hE WILL MANIfesst Himself at any given time in any manner He sees fit. The three Angels that camae down to Abraham, and other examplses permeate the Word, dI believ.e
Ok jaumel, let me try to explain this another way. You just said, "The three Angels that camae down to Abraham, and other examplses permeate the Word, dI believ.e" I believe your referring to Genesis 18. So, can you please tell me from reading Genesis 18 that all three persons who came to Abraham are angels? In other words, how did you come to that conclusion? I am not trying to put you down or put you on the spot, rather I am really trying to help you understand how to properly understand scripture by reading the context, that's all. :eek:

IN THE ANGEL OF THE LORD,
bluto

Deuteronomy

Jun 11, 2018
Arch simply means principle or CHIEF.
Angel simply means MESSENGER.
Jesus was the angel of the Lord throughout the Old Testament.
Jesus was the ARCH (chief) ANGEL (messenger) of the Lord throughout the Old Testament.

arch (adj.)

1540s, "chief, principal," from separate use of the prefix arch-, which is attested from late Old English (in archangel, archbishop, etc.). The prefix figured in so many derogatory uses (arch-rogue, arch-knave, etc.) that by mid-17c. it had acquired a meaning of "roguish, mischievous," softened by 19c. to "saucy." The shifting sense is exemplified by archwife (late 14c.), variously defined as "a wife of a superior order" or "a dominating woman, virago." Related: Archly; archness.
Hi KJV1611, the chief Archangel was Lucifer, until he fell. Gabriel the messenger, like Michael, is also an Archangel. So Biblically, we know of three Archangels.

Do you believe that whenever any of them appear in the Bible that it's actually Jesus who appears instead (because they are ~all~ Archangels)? If not, why not .. well, at least as far as Gabriel is concerned anyway :unsure:.(because the idea of Jesus being Lucifer just seems too far-fetched, well, except in the case of our Mormon friends, I guess, where I believe he is held in pretty high regard as Jesus' brother, if memory serves).

Thanks!

~Deut
p.s. - does your church teach that Jesus is Michael? And if so, and if you don't mind telling me, which church/denomination do you belong to? Thanks again :)

Deuteronomy

Jun 11, 2018
Hi @Lafftur, I just found this definition for Michael the Archangel in one of my commentaries on Daniel 10 and thought it might be helpful.

Michael—that is, “Who is like God?” Though an archangel, “one of the chief princes,” Michael was not to be compared to God. ~Jamieson, R., Fausset, A. R., & Brown, D. (1997). Commentary Critical and Explanatory on the Whole Bible (Vol. 1, p. 643).

~Deut

Jude
9 Michael the archangel, when he disputed with the devil and argued about the body of Moses, did not dare pronounce against him a railing judgment, but said, “The Lord rebuke you!”

Apr 15, 2017

Just as God took on “flesh” and became “human,” could God also take on angelic flesh and become “angelic”?

Is Michael “God in angelic form”?

No wrong or right answers here - just thoughts and opinions........let everyone speak and respect each other. :love:(y)
Gen 18:1 And the LORD appeared unto him in the plains of Mamre: and he sat in the tent door in the heat of the day;
Gen 18:2 And he lift up his eyes and looked, and, lo, three men stood by him: and when he saw them, he ran to meet them from the tent door, and bowed himself toward the ground,
Gen 18:3 And said, My Lord, if now I have found favour in thy sight, pass not away, I pray thee, from thy servant.

Gen 18:22 And the men turned their faces from thence, and went toward Sodom: but Abraham stood yet before the LORD.
Gen 18:33 And the LORD went his way, as soon as he had left communing with Abraham: and Abraham returned unto his place.

God appeared to Abraham in a fleshy body with 2 of his angels who were in fleshy bodies, which God talked to Abraham, and the 2 angels in the form of men went to Sodom to find out if there were any righteous there by how they treated them.

Which Lot took the 2 men in to his house, and the whole city surrounded Lot's house and said bring those men out so we may know them, which they wanted to have sex with them, but Lot offered his daughters to them instead but they insisted the men be brought out.

The whole city surrounded Lot's house and not one person said let us not do this wicked deed, but they were all in one accord to either participate or in agreement with it so then God knew that there was no righteous there and overthrew them.

Gen 14:18 And Melchizedek king of Salem brought forth bread and wine: and he was the priest of the most high God.
Gen 14:19 And he blessed him, and said, Blessed be Abram of the most high God, possessor of heaven and earth:
Gen 14:20 And blessed be the most high God, which hath delivered thine enemies into thy hand. And he gave him tithes of all.

God appeared in a fleshy body to Abraham as Melchizedek, which Jesus is made after the order of Melchizedek forever, and Jesus is God manifest in the flesh, so Melchizedek cannot be an ordinary human but must be God in a fleshy body.

Jdg 13:2 And there was a certain man of Zorah, of the family of the Danites, whose name was Manoah; and his wife was barren, and bare not.
Jdg 13:3 And the angel of the LORD appeared unto the woman, and said unto her, Behold now, thou art barren, and bearest not: but thou shalt conceive, and bear a son.

Jdg 13:17 And Manoah said unto the angel of the LORD, What is thy name, that when thy sayings come to pass we may do thee honour?
Jdg 13:18 And the angel of the LORD said unto him, Why askest thou thus after my name, seeing it is secret?
Jdg 13:21 But the angel of the LORD did no more appear to Manoah and to his wife. Then Manoah knew that he was an angel of the LORD.
Jdg 13:22 And Manoah said unto his wife, We shall surely die, because we have seen God.

Pro 30:4 Who hath ascended up into heaven, or descended? who hath gathered the wind in his fists? who hath bound the waters in a garment? who hath established all the ends of the earth? what is his name, and what is his son's name, if thou canst tell?

This could be a manifestation of God in angelic form, especially when Manoah said we have seen God, and the angel said why ask after my name, seeing it is secret, which the name Jesus could not be known until the New Testament.

Which the prophet Agur asked what is God's name, and what is His Son's name if you can tell which it was secret in the Old Testament until the time of Mary to conceive, like the name Jehovah was secret until God was ready to take the Jews out of Egypt.

Dan 10:13 But the prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me one and twenty days: but, lo, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me; and I remained there with the kings of Persia.

Dan 10:21 But I will shew thee that which is noted in the scripture of truth: and there is none that holdeth with me in these things, but Michael your prince.

I do not believe Michael is a manifestation of God but only an angel, and all the manifestations of God in the Old Testament are temporary, and only Jesus is permanent.

And Michael is mentioned in the New Testament as existing so he is an angel, and not a manifestation of God.

Also he is described as Israel's prince that fights against the evil spirits in favor of Israel, the Jews, and if he was a manifestation of God he would be king, not a prince.

Also it says that Michael is one of the chief princes which means there is more than one.

Isa 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Jesus is known as the Prince of Peace according to His humanity, with a capital letter, where Michael is the prince that helps Israel with a small letter denoting no deity is involved with Michael although he is an angel that is more powerful than humans, and he is on God's side.

Jud 1:9 Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee.

Michael said to the devil the Lord rebuke thee, but if he had been God in visible manifestation as an angel He would of said I rebuke thee.

Eze 28:1 The word of the LORD came again unto me, saying,
Eze 28:2 Son of man, say unto the prince of Tyrus, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Because thine heart is lifted up, and thou hast said, I am a God, I sit in the seat of God, in the midst of the seas; yet thou art a man, and not God, though thou set thine heart as the heart of God:
Eze 28:3 Behold, thou art wiser than Daniel; there is no secret that they can hide from thee.

Eze 28:11 Moreover the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,
Eze 28:12 Son of man, take up a lamentation upon the king of Tyrus, and say unto him, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Thou sealest up the sum, full of wisdom, and perfect in beauty.
Eze 28:13 Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created.
Eze 28:14 Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.
Eze 28:15 Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.
Eze 28:16 By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned: therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire.
Eze 28:17 Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness: I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay thee before kings, that they may behold thee.

Gabriel and Michael are angels although up high in the ranks, but it appears that Lucifer was the greatest angel of all who influenced the king of Tyrus, and will influence the man of sin, New Age Christ in the future.

Dan 8:16 And I heard a man's voice between the banks of Ulai, which called, and said, Gabriel, make this man to understand the vision.

Dan 9:21 Yea, whiles I was speaking in prayer, even the man Gabriel, whom I had seen in the vision at the beginning, being caused to fly swiftly, touched me about the time of the evening oblation.

Luk 1:19 And the angel answering said unto him, I am Gabriel, that stand in the presence of God; and am sent to speak unto thee, and to shew thee these glad tidings.

Rev 12:7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,
Rev 12:8 And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.

Dan 10:13 But the prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me one and twenty days: but, lo, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me; and I remained there with the kings of Persia.

Gabriel appears to be a messenger where Michael appears to be an angel of battle.

But Michael is not a manifestation of God but an angel, although he probably is the greatest angel for it says Michael and his angels when he fights against the fallen angels.

Whispered

Aug 17, 2019
www.christiancourier.com

Just as God took on “flesh” and became “human,” could God also take on angelic flesh and become “angelic”?

Is Michael “God in angelic form”?

No wrong or right answers here - just thoughts and opinions........let everyone speak and respect each other. :love:(y)
I think God can do anything.
As regards Michael, I know the Jehovah Witnesses believe Jesus was the same "person" as the Archangel Michael. I don't know if there is any other Christian religious group that teaches this.

Apr 15, 2017

I hate to say it but do you drink alcohol when you post JaumeJ because you post like this a lot where there is many mistakes that seem out of the ordinary covering more than misspelled words.
Jesus was the angel of the Lord all throughout the Old Testament and no I am not a JW. :)

Gen 22:11 And the angel of the LORD called unto him out of heaven, and said, Abraham, Abraham: and he said, Here am I.
Gen 22:12 And he said, Lay not thine hand upon the lad, neither do thou any thing unto him: for now I know that thou fearest God, seeing thou hast not withheld thy son, thine only son from me.

The angel (messenger) of the Lord called out to Abraham and the angel (messenger) said I know you fear God (the Father) because you have not withheld him from ME (God the son).

This flies in the face of "MAINLINE" Christianity so you will get nothing but accusations of being a JW and rude comments from the "scholars" here.

I believe Michael is Jesus Christ because Jesus Christ STOOD UP (Daniel 12:1) on the cross and delivered his people.

Thank you for having the guts to even ask the question. :)
God's name represents His character, and of His attributes of His blessings to people.

The name Jehovah could not be known until God was ready to deliver the Jews from Egypt, and the name Jesus could not be known until God was ready to give people eternal life.

Eph 1:20 Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,
Eph 1:21 Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:

Jesus is the name above all names, not only in this world, but in the world to come.

So how can Jesus be Michael when the name Michael would not even do justice for the greatness of the name Jesus.

If Jesus is above the name Jehovah then how can Jesus be Michael, for Jesus is the greatest name ever revealed by God to humanity in this world, and the world to come the New Jerusalem.

Also Jesus said He came in the Father's name, Hebrews said the Son inherited the name from the Father, and John said that the Holy Spirit comes in the name of Jesus.

Contrary to what some people believe Jesus is the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost, and do they not all have something to do with our salvation, which there is no other name whereby we are saved but the name Jesus.

Are we saved by the Son alone, or do we need the Holy Spirit to be saved.

And the prophet Agur asked what is the His name, the Father, and what is His Son's name if you can tell, which means the Father and Son would share the same name, and God the Father would reveal a new name to the Jews other than Jehovah.

Which the Father said in Isaiah that He would reveal a new name to the Jews and speak to them, which Jesus told Philip if he has seen Him he has seen the Father, and the words that He speaks are not His own, but the Father that dwells in Him, He does the works.

Jesus is the greatest name ever known to humanity from God and God's name represents His character like He said He placed His name in Jerusalem, so how can Jesus be Michael when it would not represent the greatness of Jesus when His name is way above the name Michael.

Rev 19:11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
Rev 19:12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.

To know God's name is to know His character, and attributes that are given by that name by personally experiencing those attributes, which the name Jesus gives us spiritual blessings, and eternal life, but does not give us the experience of the attributes of God in power, and intelligence that is far above us, and greater than us, for we will never have all of God's power, or intelligence.

Jesus has a name that no person knows but he Himself, which means this name represents Jesus further in greatness, and glory as being God that we can never know, for to know that name is to receive the blessings of God in His power, and intelligence that we can never attain unto, and God will not allow us to attain unto, an there is no way that we can attain unto that glory being mere human.

So how can Jesus be Michael when He has a name that is so far above the name Michael that it is ludicrous for anybody to even think that Jesus is Michael.

1Ti 6:14 That thou keep this commandment without spot, unrebukeable, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ:
1Ti 6:15 Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords;
1Ti 6:16 Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.

Some people do not even understand the greatness of Jesus, and He dwells in the light that no person can approach unto, and no person has ever seen Jesus, and no person will ever see Jesus, for He is an invisible Spirit that showed a visible manifestation of Himself.

Dan 10:21 But I will shew thee that which is noted in the scripture of truth: and there is none that holdeth with me in these things, but Michael your prince.

Also Michael is prince with a small p for He has no deity.

Isa 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

But Jesus is Prince with a capital P for the man Christ Jesus' deity is God, for He is God manifest in the flesh.

Michael is only a created angel and has no deity as God, and is not a manifestation of God.

Rev 12:7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,
Rev 12:8 And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.

Also this war has not happened yet, and is in the future, which the fallen angels will have no more place in heaven, but Satan is the prince of the power of the air right now which is considered heaven, which God dwells in the 3rd heaven where Satan does not dwell, which the devils will be cast to earth which becomes their holding cell and Satan appears as the man of sin to deceive all people who do not love God.

So if Michael is Jesus in the Old Testament then why is Michael around in the future along with Jesus.

Why are Jesus and Michael separate beings in the future if Jesus is Michael.

Along with all the many scriptures that state the greatness of Jesus, and Him being God, and all the great attributes of Him that could not be attributed to Michael.

Jesus is not going to take a step down, and He could not anyway for He is God, and God does not change, nor would He want to take a step down.

The Bible says that Jesus is made greater than the angels so He cannot be Michael which the Bible plainly states Michael is an angel.

FollowtheShepherd

Sep 15, 2019
Jude 1:9 But when the archangel Michael, contending with the devil, was disputing about the body of Moses, he did not presume to pronounce a blasphemous judgment, but said, “The Lord rebuke you.”

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
I think God can do anything.
As regards Michael, I know the Jehovah Witnesses believe Jesus was the same "person" as the Archangel Michael. I don't know if there is any other Christian religious group that teaches this.
Read post #23.....I state my conclusion. :)(y)

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
Jude answer this question clearly!!
Also, Hebrews 1:4-14 answers it very clearly. (Refer to post #23.)

Yet, when we focus on “worship,” ONLY GOD is to be worshiped.

No where in scripture does it say to worship the Angel Michael, therefore, he is NOT God and NOT to be worshiped.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
My practice ahs always been never to hold someone elses's shortcomings in graqmmar or spelling aginst them.

As for my understanding of the Word, I do not conclude anything unless the Holy Spirit has given it to me, and then it is no my conclusion it is of the dDHoly Spirit. Until the Holy Spirit gives uinderstanding I only go so far as to determine, that is make determinations for it is not mne to conslude about kGod's Word without confirmation by the Holy Spirit, then it is God's conclusion for me,not mind.

I was blessed to read the Word in Hebreew before my vision went and also I was a languag/linguistics major at the University of Illinois, Chamapign-Urbana which does not qualify my uinderstanding one bit, but I have read the Word in four languages, for my own benefit, not that it is necessary for anyone to even be able to read to understand our Fasther's message when He wills it.

So no, I do not drink, and unless I hear in my text aloud a screaming error, I do not generally correct my bad spelling.