"Who is the Antichrist Aka the beast of Revelations?"

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jan 13, 2024
Exodus 20:8 - 20:11
Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.”
Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:”
“But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:”
“For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.”

Isaiah 58:13

“If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, from doing thy pleasure on my holy day; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the LORD, honourable; and shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own words:”

Exodus 31:16
“Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the sabbath, to observe the sabbath throughout their generations, for a perpetual covenant.”

Leviticus 23:3
“Six days shall work be done: but the seventh day is the sabbath of rest, an holy convocation; ye shall do no work therein: it is the sabbath of the LORD in all your dwellings.”

Exodus 31:16
“Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the sabbath, to observe the sabbath throughout their generations, for a perpetual covenant.”

Leviticus 23:3
“Six days shall work be done: but the seventh day is the sabbath of rest, an holy convocation; ye shall do no work therein: it is the sabbath of the LORD in all your dwellings.”

Mark 2:27
“And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath:”

Mark 2:28
“Therefore the Son of man is Lord also of the sabbath.”

Luke 23:56
“And they returned, and prepared spices and ointments; and rested the sabbath day according to the commandment.”

"Ok But the Sabbath was only for the Jews"

Acts 13:42
“And when the Jews were gone out of the synagogue, the Gentiles besought that these words might be preached to them the next sabbath.”

Keep in mind the Gentiles werent Jews

Romans 3:31
“Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.”

Revelation 14:12
“Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.”

John 15:10
“If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.”

John 14:15
“If ye love me, keep my commandments.”

It seems Clear that the old and new Testament are clear about the Sabbath

"Ok well Im still gonna worship on a different day."

1 John 2:4
'He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.”

"If the Sabbath is such a Big deal then why is Worshipping on Sunday popular and a tradition?"

In the year 321 A.D., Constantine decreed, "On the venerable day of the Sun let the magistrates and people residing in cities rest, and let all workshops be closed" (Codex Justinianus lib. 3, tit. 12, 3; trans. in Philip Schaff, History of the Christian Church, Vol. 3, p. 380, note 1).

*Mithraism, the worship of Mithra, the Iranian god of the sun, justice, contract, and war in pre-Zoroastrian Iran.
Mithraism, a sect of Zoroastrianism characterized by the worship of Mithra as the defender of the truth, was a monotheistic mystery religion prevalent in the Roman empire before the acceptance of Christianity in the fourth century.*

By the time Constantine was established as the emperor of Rome in the early fourth century, there was a decided division in the church as a result of all these factors. I think most of you know that Constantine was the first so-called Christian emperor of the Roman Empire. The story of his conversion has become very well known to students of ancient history. He was marching forth to fight the battle of Milvian Bridge when he had some kind of vision, and saw a flaming cross in the sky. Underneath the cross were the Latin words meaning “In this sign conquer.” Constantine took this as an omen that he should be a Christian, and his army as well. He declared all his pagan soldiers to be Christians, and became very zealous to build up the power and prestige of the church. Through his influence great blocks of pagans were taken into the Christian ranks. But, they were still pagan at heart, and they brought in much of the paraphernalia of sun-worship to which they continued to be devoted.

Looking a bit further into historical statements, Dr. William Frederick says: “The Gentiles were an idolatrous people who worshipped the sun, and Sunday was their most sacred day. Now in order to reach the people in this new field, it seems but natural as well as necessary to make Sunday the rest day of the church. At this time it was necessary for the church to either adopt the Gentile’s day or else have the Gentiles change their day. To change the Gentiles day would have been an offense and stumbling block to them. The church could naturally reach them better by keeping their day.”

The Catholic Mirror of September 23, 1894, puts it this way: “The Catholic Church for over one thousand years before the existence of a Protestant by virtue of her divine mission, changed the day from Saturday to Sunday.”
Second, from Reverend Steven Keenan’s Doctrinal Catechism we read this: “Question: Have you any other way of proving that the Church has power to institute festivals of precept? Answer: Had she not such power, she could not have done that in which all modern religionists agree with her; she could not have substituted the observance of Sunday, the first day of the week, for the observance of Saturday, the seventh day; a change for which there is no Scriptural authority.”

The Faith of Millions, p. 473. “But since Saturday, not Sunday, is specified in the Bible, isn’t it curious that non-Catholics who profess to take their religion directly from the Bible and not from the Church, observe Sunday instead of Saturday? Yes, of course, it is inconsistency but this change was made about fifteen centuries before Protestantism was born, and by that time the custom was universally observed. They have continued the custom even though it rests upon the authority of the Catholic Church and not upon an explicit text from the Bible. That observance remains as a reminder of the Mother Church from which the non-Catholic sects broke away like a boy running away from home but still carrying in his pocket a picture of his mother or a lock of her hair.”

"Sunday is our Mark of Authority the Church is above the bible, and this Transference of Sabbath is proof of that Fact." Catholic Record, Sept 1 1923

Justinian, the Roman Emperor, issued a decree in 538 AD making the pope supreme ruler in all religious matters. The pope was thus granted the use of civil power to enforce the church’s teachings. By the rule of law and under the threat of punishment, all must comply with the dictates of the pope as the infallible Vicar of Christ on Earth.

"The Pope is not simply the representative of Jesus Christ. On the Contrary, He is Jesus Christ, Under the Veil of the flesh." Pope Pius X

Daniel 7:25
“And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.”

Revelation 12:17
“And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.”

The papacy would speak “great words against the Most High,” not as an open opponent of God, but rather as a covert enemy of God claiming to be His one true representative on Earth. The papacy would defame the character of God by constructing a false doctrinal system that would portray God as a coercive monster whose wrath must be appeased by whatever deeds the church might dictate, not the least of which was paying the church cash money in exchange for God’s forgiveness or to pay off minutes, hours, days, or years of torture in purgatory for deceased loved ones.

In addition to the “great words” of theological distortion “against” the character of “the Most High” — which essentially equated to a powerful doctrinal system of emotional coercion — the church enforced its theology by means of civil legislation. This meant that the church could legally punish all those it deemed as dissenters and heretics — anyone who believed that God was better than the picture the papacy was painting. And the punishments ran the full gamut from excommunication and financial penalties to torture and execution.

Matthew 23:9
“And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.”

John 14:6
"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.”

"This is Just some Lame Conspiracy Theory the Dark Ages Never Happened."

Rome has been a government under the Popes for some twelve hundred years. (Source: Complete Works of the Most Rev. John Hughes, Archbishop of New York, 1866, Volume 2. pg. 778)

the right to her Temporal Sovereignty is an integral right of the Church as constituted by her Divine Founder. It has prevailed de facto for more than twelve hundred years, and has been possessed de jure by Divine Natural Law from the beginning of Christianity, ...". (Source: The Victories of Rome and the Temporal Monarchy of the Church, 5th edition, By Kenelm Digby Best, London, 1906, pg. xii.)​

Jan 13, 2024
Continued

In 1,799, Christian Thube, a pastor in Germany wrote in his book on Revelation (Anleitung zum Richtigen Versande de Offenbarung Johannis): "The beast has received a deadly wound, Rev. 13:12. It received the wound by the sword, verse 14 “this was fulfilled by the French who with sword in hand banished the pope and his cardinals from Rome, dissolving the papal States and erecting a so-called Roman Republic. “The present condition of the Papacy is the following; it received a wound by the sword and yet it is alive. How long this condition will continue and under which form this still continuing life will exist, is not yet to be decided with certainty. The deadly wound will be healed, but whether it will take a short or long time we do not know; nor do we understand now in which manner and by which process it will come to pass.” (pp. 123-124)]

"The (Roman Church-State) power became supreme in Christendom in 538AD, due to a letter of the Roman Emperor Justinian, known as Justinian's decree, which setup and acknowledged the bishop of Rome as the head of all churches. It gave the (Roman Church-State) political power, civil power, as well as ecclesiastical power. This letter became part of Justinians code, the fundamental law of the empire, and that year, pope Vigilius ascended the throne under the military protection of Belasarius (one of Justinians Generals)." (The History of the Christian Church, Vol.3

Harold Hemenway, a British-Israel pastor, the creator of "Can You Trust The Bible?" and author of 20 booklets and books. His web site is (british-israel.us), “From 538 to 1798 A.D. Church and State Were United - In 538 A.D., Justinian wrote a letter to the Pope offering to unite church and state. The Pope accepted. If we add 1260 SOLAR years we arrive at February 11th, 1798 when Napoleon's general Berthier took Rome and established the Roman Republic February 15th. Pope Pius VI was taken prisoner.”(Source: http://www.british-israel.us/31.html * According to Pastor Harold Hemenway, "most british-israel pastors agree with sda understanding of 1260 year periods").

"Im still gonna Worship on Sunday."

John 14:15
“If ye love me, keep my commandments.”
1 John 2:4
'He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.”

What is a Protestant?
a member or follower of any of the Western Christian churches that are separate from the Roman Catholic Church and follow the principles of the Reformation, including the Baptist, Presbyterian, and Lutheran churches

Hense the word PROTEST in the Word Protestant
Unfortunately many Churches have went back to the Catholic's Teaching

Jan 13, 2024
Continued

Revelation 13:4
“And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?”

Revelation 13:15
“And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.”

"But it never Happened."

Matthew 7:15
“Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.”

Luke 21:8
“And he said, Take heed that ye be not deceived: for many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and the time draweth near: go ye not therefore after them.”

We Catholics confess our sins to a priest because that’s the method of forgiveness that Jesus Himself established during His earthly ministry.
By confessing our sins to Jesus’ minister, His personal representative, we are confessing our sins to God through His priest whom He commissioned for this very purpose. -Good Catholic .com

Mark 2:7
“Why doth this man thus speak blasphemies? who can forgive sins but God only?”

"After approving blessings for same sex couples, pope asks vatican staff to avoid "Rigid ideologies"." -AP News

Leviticus 20:13
“If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.”

Leviticus 18:22
“Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.”

Romans 1:26
“For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:”

Romans 1:27
“And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.”

God Doesnt Change his Laws
Malachi 3:6
“For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.”

When Catholics pray to Mary they are not worshiping her, rather they are honoring her and asking for her intercession on their behalf — in fact, more than praying “to” her, we pray “with” Mary, asking her to pray with and for us.

“Never be afraid of loving the Blessed Virgin Mary too much. You can never love her more than Jesus did and if anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his mother, he will not have Christ for his brother.”

“Mary, Mother of Jesus, give me your heart so beautiful, so pure, so immaculate, so full of love and humility that I may be able to receive Jesus in the Bread of Life,love Him as You loved Him, and serve Him as You served Him….” St. Teresa of Calcutta

Ecclesiastes 9:5

“For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.”

Exodus 20:3-5
“Thou shalt have no other gods before me.”

"Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:”

“Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;”

God Doesnt Change his Laws
Malachi 3:6
“For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.”

Romans 3:31
“Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.”

Hosea 4:6 - My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.

Acts 17:30 - And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent"

I beileve the Pope is the Beast that is for told in History and Scripture
But the choice is yours if you agree with me or not

Matthew 7:21-23
“Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.”
“Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?”
“And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.”

montana123

Oct 9, 2021
The beast, anrtichrist, is the New Age Christ who will be of the new age movement that interprets all religions according to the occult and evolution, and people are evolving to be spiritual, and there is no personal God.

1 Timothy 4:1-5, 2 Timothy 4:2-4, relates this to us and the new age movement is the reason the world rebels against God.

Which they follow Lucifer believing he is a god, and an alien, that gave mankind intelligence, and will help the world to have peace, advance, and evolve, which they talk about the return of the gods.

They do not believe Lucifer is a fallen angel for they do not believe in a God but the God of forces or the power of nature.

The antichrist will not be anybody that we know, or have seen.

He is known as the man of sin the most arrogant, self exalting person, in the history of mankind.

He will not be involved with competing with people for positions, or being elected, for that is beneath him, so he will not be a military leader, or a politician, or a business man, or a religious leader, or anything else people compete in.

He will come in with a bang and do what no one else did and that is to negotiate peace in the Middle East resulting in a peace treaty, and to eventually rule the world a feat no other person has done.

He does not have to be a well known person being popular, or having influence, for he will be a man that will speak like no other person they have ever heard understanding dark sentences.

He will be considered a great man of peace, mesmerized by people, and become the biggest player on the world scene, and push the agenda of the new age movement to change the world to that belief system which he will think to change times, and laws.

The world will be split in to 10 sections which they will support the New Age Christ along with the Pope and Vatican.

The Roman Empire does not lose her dominion until Jesus puts the world down which will include all Caucasian led nations, and nations taken over by Caucasians.

Pope Francis elected 72% of the Cardinals so they would be in the majority position to elect the new Pope who will support the New Age Christ.

Since the Roman Catholic Church is their religious institution they will change along with them as they try to establish the new age movement in the world which is their religion, and reality now.

It is obvious when the Roman Empire embraced Christianity they did not get rid of their pagan, occult ways, and it became their foundation for the interpreting of scriptures, and they can sway along with the world.

Which they will sway to go along with the New Age Christ and the new age movement interpretation of the Bible.

Which the Pope will be the false prophet.

The Pope is not the antichrist for he is elected as a religious leader which the New Age Christ would not be involved with that and he does not want to only fool Christianity but all the religions.

The antichrist will not be a person that is involved with women, or has been involved with women, for he will have no desire of women.

Which some say Donald Trump, or Barak Obama, could be the antichrist, but they have been involved with women.

The same with Jared Kushner which some thought he was the antichrist although he did buy a building with the number 666 which he follows the Kabbalah which is a mystic, occult, interpretation of the Bible like the new age movement.

Which 666 is a number that exalts people which the occult believes in the power of numbers, and the adding, timing, and grouping of numbers, that they believe will give them more power.

6 is the number of a man, or the soul of a man, so the New Age Christ assigned himself the number 666, a triple 6, for he believes it will give him more power.

They want to convince the world to embrace the number 666 which will give the world the power to transform to having peace, and advancing, and people evolving to be spiritual.

It could be a coincidence that Jared bought the building with the number 666 but it may not be for I am sure he knows the significance of that number in the occult world.

We do not know who the antichrist is until he negotiates peace in the Middle East then we will know.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Justinian, the Roman Emperor, issued a decree in 538 AD making the pope supreme ruler in all religious matters.
Neither the pope, nor the Catholic Church, are the Antichrist. The Bible is very clear that the Antichrist is one man -- the Man of Sin, the Son of Perdition -- who will reign over all the inhabitants of the world for 3 1/2 years. So the Catholic Church cannot be the Antichrist.

As to the Christian day of worship, rest, and good works, it was already established as the first day of the week (presently called Sunday) by Christ, and all the apostolic churches gathered together on the first day of the week -- the day of Christ's resurrection.

rstrats

Aug 28, 2011
[QUOTE="Nehemiah6,

As to the Christian day of worship, rest, and good works, it was already established as the first day of the week (presently called Sunday) by Christ, and all the apostolic churches gathered together on the first day of the week -- the day of Christ's resurrection.[/QUOTE]

Just so it's understood that scripture is silent with regard to anyone doing that.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Just so it's understood that scripture is silent with regard to anyone doing that.
No. As a matter of fact the Scriptures are NOT silent about this matter. "The Lord's Day" is specifically mentioned in Revelation 1:10, and there are many Scripture passages confirming what I have said. Do your own research.

Jan 13, 2024
I disagree. It sounds like something Seventh Day Adventists overly promote. Too much hate for me to stomach.
I Just did Research why else would the popes Kill Millions of Protestants when they were reading the Bible even Though the Bible was forbidden to read
also i gave proof i can only hope people Listen i have done my work also its not hate its the reality i pray people wake up

Jan 13, 2024
Neither the pope, nor the Catholic Church, are the Antichrist. The Bible is very clear that the Antichrist is one man -- the Man of Sin, the Son of Perdition -- who will reign over all the inhabitants of the world for 3 1/2 years. So the Catholic Church cannot be the Antichrist.

As to the Christian day of worship, rest, and good works, it was already established as the first day of the week (presently called Sunday) by Christ, and all the apostolic churches gathered together on the first day of the week -- the day of Christ's resurrection.
who established that besides the Catholics themselves why would the jews worship on saturday if it wasnt the Sabbath

Jan 13, 2024
The beast, anrtichrist, is the New Age Christ who will be of the new age movement that interprets all religions according to the occult and evolution, and people are evolving to be spiritual, and there is no personal God.

1 Timothy 4:1-5, 2 Timothy 4:2-4, relates this to us and the new age movement is the reason the world rebels against God.

Which they follow Lucifer believing he is a god, and an alien, that gave mankind intelligence, and will help the world to have peace, advance, and evolve, which they talk about the return of the gods.

They do not believe Lucifer is a fallen angel for they do not believe in a God but the God of forces or the power of nature.

The antichrist will not be anybody that we know, or have seen.

He is known as the man of sin the most arrogant, self exalting person, in the history of mankind.

He will not be involved with competing with people for positions, or being elected, for that is beneath him, so he will not be a military leader, or a politician, or a business man, or a religious leader, or anything else people compete in.

He will come in with a bang and do what no one else did and that is to negotiate peace in the Middle East resulting in a peace treaty, and to eventually rule the world a feat no other person has done.

He does not have to be a well known person being popular, or having influence, for he will be a man that will speak like no other person they have ever heard understanding dark sentences.

He will be considered a great man of peace, mesmerized by people, and become the biggest player on the world scene, and push the agenda of the new age movement to change the world to that belief system which he will think to change times, and laws.

The world will be split in to 10 sections which they will support the New Age Christ along with the Pope and Vatican.

The Roman Empire does not lose her dominion until Jesus puts the world down which will include all Caucasian led nations, and nations taken over by Caucasians.

Pope Francis elected 72% of the Cardinals so they would be in the majority position to elect the new Pope who will support the New Age Christ.

Since the Roman Catholic Church is their religious institution they will change along with them as they try to establish the new age movement in the world which is their religion, and reality now.

It is obvious when the Roman Empire embraced Christianity they did not get rid of their pagan, occult ways, and it became their foundation for the interpreting of scriptures, and they can sway along with the world.

Which they will sway to go along with the New Age Christ and the new age movement interpretation of the Bible.

Which the Pope will be the false prophet.

The Pope is not the antichrist for he is elected as a religious leader which the New Age Christ would not be involved with that and he does not want to only fool Christianity but all the religions.

The antichrist will not be a person that is involved with women, or has been involved with women, for he will have no desire of women.

Which some say Donald Trump, or Barak Obama, could be the antichrist, but they have been involved with women.

The same with Jared Kushner which some thought he was the antichrist although he did buy a building with the number 666 which he follows the Kabbalah which is a mystic, occult, interpretation of the Bible like the new age movement.

Which 666 is a number that exalts people which the occult believes in the power of numbers, and the adding, timing, and grouping of numbers, that they believe will give them more power.

6 is the number of a man, or the soul of a man, so the New Age Christ assigned himself the number 666, a triple 6, for he believes it will give him more power.

They want to convince the world to embrace the number 666 which will give the world the power to transform to having peace, and advancing, and people evolving to be spiritual.

It could be a coincidence that Jared bought the building with the number 666 but it may not be for I am sure he knows the significance of that number in the occult world.

We do not know who the antichrist is until he negotiates peace in the Middle East then we will know.
20231125_100519.jpg

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
I Just did Research why else would the popes Kill Millions of Protestants when they were reading the Bible even Though the Bible was forbidden to read
also i gave proof i can only hope people Listen i have done my work also its not hate its the reality i pray people wake up
Just a name to add here, Martin Luther.

Mem

Sep 23, 2014
I disagree. It sounds like something Seventh Day Adventists overly promote. Too much hate for me to stomach.
It seems we get these groups in waves. For a while, there was the Black Hebrew Israelites and, lately, it seems time for the EGH White crowd. If there were rooms dedicated especially to these doctrines, people may visit but not many will stay. Afterall, home is where we find our rest, and working to rest is, well, it's counterproductive.

douggg

Oct 2, 2021
Jesus says not to hate so there is no hate Just truth
You copied and pasted what someone else said - and incorrectly attributed it to me.

I did not write this... "I disagree. It sounds like something Seventh Day Adventists overly promote. Too much hate for me to stomach."

Jan 13, 2024
You copied and pasted what someone else said - and incorrectly attributed it to me.

I did not write this... "I disagree. It sounds like something Seventh Day Adventists overly promote. Too much hate for me to stomach."
My bad i thought i was replying to that person