Who is your confidant?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

love_comes_softly

Feb 13, 2019
Who is your confidant? Do you have one?

Is it a friend, a member of the church, a parent, sibling, spouse, boyfriend/girlfriend?

What makes them this go-to person? Has the person changed over time?

For you: Is it important or needed in your life to have this type of person?

Thanks for sharing!

Zan

Mar 15, 2019
My best friend is a guy who lives in Brazil that I've known for about 12 years since we started posting on a forum. He's the only friend I have that I wouldn't think twice about telling anything. I suppose the reason we keep in contact is we have very similar interests and struggles in life, so he's easy for me to identify with.

As far as family, I'm fairly close to my mother but there's a general air of keeping personal business to oneself... on the other hand they love to gossip incessantly, so I know any bit of information I feed to someone is going to be suddenly everyone's business.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
Outside of my Lord...

Usually, it is my Mama or 2 of my friends from HS, or my local sister friend. I can tell those 4 just about anything and they also come to me. My daughters too, for the most part. I have confided in a couple online ppl who have really helped give me some fresh perspectives. To be honest, I am pretty open in general, have found that sharing or not doesn't change the truth only its power over you. Sometimes though, I have learned being too open to ppl who don't really care can leave one a mighty vulnerable to being hurt so I'm learning to be a bit more wise and circumspect. I am so honored when ppl open up to me, and I feel close to those who seem interested in my thoughts as well. Someone online recently gave me some really sound advice thar helped me over a hurdle. I believe it was a God thing. Those in my life who have been a safe place to go have been such an inspiration in my desire to be the same for them and others. Do I need it...well it helps for sure. Being a single gal, I have been intentional in cultivating friendships. When I get down in the dumps though, I can isolate but I support the value of connection. I do realize it is important to learn how to be alone to tend to the most important connection of all, the one with our Lord and Savior.

Thanks for asking, now it is your turn..

Do you have places or a place to go? How important is it to you?

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
I really have no one but God, no one at all.

And I'm fine with that :)

S

Stranger36147

My sister. I can trust her to keep a secret. She really is my best friend.

Didymous

Feb 22, 2018
My best friend before I was a Christian is in prison for murder. We took different roads. Like Posthuman, God is my confidant. He already knows everything anyway.

Pipp

Majestic Llamacorn
Sep 17, 2013
Georgia
A long distance friend I've known about 10 years. This friend helped me learn to open up about how I feel. :)

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
My best friend
Shes tough, smart and trustworthy. I can count on her no matter what

My sweety
Without his calm nature and being my safe place away from everything i wouldnt find peace. Hes the best

My mom
Shes the iron hand that again and again brings me up to fight and not bacj down

Without them I wouldnt be here today. I praise God for putting them in my life

Aug 2, 2009
Donuts are my confidant. I can tell them anything. And they always make me feel better.. :sneaky:

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I have a confidant, yes. Who is it?

Well...

That's the kind of thing I only tell my confidant. :cool:

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
For 46 years, my confidant was a hand-knitted teddy bear my mom made when I was a year old. I told Teddy all my secrets. Over the years, Teddy got old and raggedy; he's gone now-- I buried him with Tequila in 2016 when I had her put to sleep..

love_comes_softly

Feb 13, 2019
Outside of my Lord...

Usually, it is my Mama or 2 of my friends from HS, or my local sister friend. I can tell those 4 just about anything and they also come to me. My daughters too, for the most part. I have confided in a couple online ppl who have really helped give me some fresh perspectives. To be honest, I am pretty open in general, have found that sharing or not doesn't change the truth only its power over you. Sometimes though, I have learned being too open to ppl who don't really care can leave one a mighty vulnerable to being hurt so I'm learning to be a bit more wise and circumspect. I am so honored when ppl open up to me, and I feel close to those who seem interested in my thoughts as well. Someone online recently gave me some really sound advice thar helped me over a hurdle. I believe it was a God thing. Those in my life who have been a safe place to go have been such an inspiration in my desire to be the same for them and others. Do I need it...well it helps for sure. Being a single gal, I have been intentional in cultivating friendships. When I get down in the dumps though, I can isolate but I support the value of connection. I do realize it is important to learn how to be alone to tend to the most important connection of all, the one with our Lord and Savior.

Thanks for asking, now it is your turn..

Do you have places or a place to go? How important is it to you?
I love what you wrote about the two sides of being open or closed up. What a great way to put it: "sharing or not doesn't change the truth only its power over you". This will be one of those things I ponder.

I share with my mum or my sisters usually. We know each other very well and they are usually very good at centering me. We kind of all do that for each other.

When I'm dealing with something more personal or I'm not comfortable sharing with my family, I have a friend from college that I reach out to. She does the same. The Lord has really blessed our friendship throughout the years and I'm so thankful for it. The only hard part is that we are at different places in life, she is married with kiddos and lives states away.

I think relationships/connections and having someone to go to is important. It doesn't even have to be for major issues, just having someone to listen and give you perspective is important.

H

Hamarr

Hmmm my dog? 😛. I do have a few people in support groups I am pretty open with. I used to overshare a bit with everyone, but I have generally learned to tone that back with most people.

Poinsetta

Nov 24, 2018
Hmmm my dog? 😛. I do have a few people in support groups I am pretty open with. I used to overshare a bit with everyone, but I have generally learned to tone that back with most people.
Same as same.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
I totally agree with you about the value of connection. It is such a blessing that you two gfs have found each other. Even just laughing with a gal pal can be medicine. It is also nice that you are so tight with your family.

Hey thanks for the encouragement, nice thinking a thought I ponder is also being traveled by another.

Krumbeard

Apr 15, 2019
Who is your confidant? Do you have one?

Is it a friend, a member of the church, a parent, sibling, spouse, boyfriend/girlfriend?

What makes them this go-to person? Has the person changed over time?

For you: Is it important or needed in your life to have this type of person?

Thanks for sharing!
Interesting question.

Well first, those things I know about myself that I don't like to think about but must and much less even hear out loud I say to God.

Other things, not that personal, but maybe getting close I will talk to my parents. They are good for support and prayers.

If I need to get some true honest straight to the point blunt answers, my friend and his wife are good for that. Especially her. There's no beating about the bush. And certainly not if you ask her honest opinion.

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
Interesting question.

Well first, those things I know about myself that I don't like to think about but must and much less even hear out loud I say to God.

Other things, not that personal, but maybe getting close I will talk to my parents. They are good for support and prayers.

If I need to get some true honest straight to the point blunt answers, my friend and his wife are good for that. Especially her. There's no beating about the bush. And certainly not if you ask her honest opinion.
I think I'd like to meet this woman.