Who Justifieth the Ungodly

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

brightfame52

Nov 21, 2020
renewed

now you're making satan more powerful than the gospel (which is the power of God unto salvation – Rom 1:16).
Slander, satan works for God. Its you who makes satan more powerful than God since you advocate sinners who Christ die for remain in unbelief and consequently die in their sins.

But the Christ I preach, destroyed the works of the devil, rendering it impossible for any sinner Christ died for to remain in unbelief.

So if and when you say a sinner Christ died for can and shall die in their sins in unbelief Jn 8:24, you give satan the victory over the Cross !

brightfame52

Nov 21, 2020
Of course you agree …

John Gill (23 November 1697 – 14 October 1771) was an English Baptist pastor, biblical scholar, and theologian who held to a firm Calvinistic soteriology.

brightfame52 ... you continue to ignore what God tells us in Romans 1. Those who reject will be held responsible for their own sins:

Romans 1:

18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold [Greek katechō] the truth in unrighteousness;

19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.

20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse

vs 18 – the words "who hold" are translated from the Greek word katechō which means to suppress, restrain, hinder. God reveals Himself to all mankind and some restrain the truth. They reject God and God allows them to reject Him.

vs 20 – those who reject are without excuse. They are inexcusable. The Lord Jesus Christ died for all sin of all mankind (all descendants of Adam). When a person rejects, there is no other sacrifice for sin, so their sin remains.
The elect sinners Christ died for, those sins are not laid to their charge. Christ bare their iniquities, and so they are Justified before God by the Blood and Righteousness of Christ. No sinner Christ died for can perish for suppressing the Truth, or any kind of rejection of God. They are Justified from all unrighteousness and ungodliness.

brightfame52

Nov 21, 2020
renewed

It is written

John 8:24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.
Thats simple, if they believe not its because they are not of the Sheep Christ died for, so yes they die in their sins Jn 10:26

26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you

brightfame52

Nov 21, 2020
renewed
The only unpardonable sin today is that of continued unbelief. There is no pardon for a person who dies in his rejection of Christ. The Holy Spirit is at work in the world, convicting the unsaved of sin, righteousness, and judgment (John 16:8). If a person resists that conviction and remains unrepentant, then he is choosing hell over heaven. “Without faith it is impossible to please God” (Hebrews 11:6), and the object of faith is Jesus (Acts 16:31). There is no forgiveness for someone who dies without faith in Christ. God has provided for our salvation in His Son (John 3:16). Forgiveness is found exclusively in Jesus (John 14:6). To reject the only Savior is to be left with no means of salvation; to reject the only pardon is, obviously, unpardonable.
https://www.gotquestions.org/unpardonable-sin.html
There is no unpardonable sin for the Elect Christ died for, Christ took away all their sins. A sinner Christ died for will not die in unbelief, because Christ took it away, and gives them Faith to believe. One of Christs Sheep can never die in unbelief.

brightfame52

Nov 21, 2020
renewed

John 1:29 The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God,
which taketh away the sin of the world.

John 3:16-17 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

1 John 2:2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

Thats the saved world of Gods Elect !

brightfame52

Nov 21, 2020
renewed says:

The gospel is not hid.
The scripture says 2 Cor 4:3

3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:

Now who should I believe ?

brightfame52

Nov 21, 2020
renewed

Romans 1:17 does not say the gospel of Christ must be revealed.
It says it is revealed to Faith !

Rom 1:17

17 For therein[The Gospel of Christ] is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

The Gospel of Christ and the Righteousness it reveals, is not something men can know naturally.

brightfame52

Nov 21, 2020
renewed

Luke 24:27 And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.
Yeah He did, after He opened up their understanding Lk 24:44-46

44 And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.

45 Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,

46 And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behooved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:

Christ must supernaturally open our understanding to receive the Gospel of Himself !

Man naturally cant understand the scriptures, the basic truth of the Gospel 1 Cor 2:14

14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Natural men like the jews, have a veil over their minds to Christ and Spiritual things 2 Cor 3:14

But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ.

Gentiles mind are blinded Eph 4:18

Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart:

This verse applies to jews and gentiles by nature.

brightfame52

Nov 21, 2020
renewed

In the Book of Job (which is considered by some to be the oldest book in the Bible), Job says:

Job 19:

25 For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:

26 And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God:
Job was one of Gods Elect and was given Faith in Christ, Like Moses or David or any other Believer in the OT

brightfame52

Nov 21, 2020
renew

As far as the gospel, God did not hide, does not hide, will not hide the gospel. If God were to hide it, it would stay hidden ... just as the hidden wisdom of God stayed hid until God revealed it to His holy apostles and prophets.
Yes God does hide the Gospel from men Matt 11:25

At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.

And Jesus Thanked His Father that He hid Gospel Truth from some, and He revealed it to babes

And God hasnt given for all men to know the Glorious Gospel Matt 13:11

He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.

brightfame52

Nov 21, 2020
renewed

The word "mystery [Greek mystērion]" does not appear in 2 Cor 4:3, nor does it appear in the whole chapter.
It doesnt have to be, the truth of something hidden is. Mystery means:

a mystery or secret doctrine
Usage: a mystery, secret, of which initiation is necessary; in the NT: the counsels of God, once hidden but now revealed in the Gospel or some fact thereof; the Christian revelation generally; particular truths or details of the Christian revelation.

Now the Gospel is hid to the lost. The word hid means:

to cover
Usage: I veil, hide, conceal, envelop. to hide, veil, i. e. to hinder the knowledge of a thing: perfect passive The Knowledge of the Truth has been concealed to them that are Lost !

brightfame52

Nov 21, 2020
renewed

Read the next verse, brightfame52:

2 Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.
That doesnt change nothing, all men naturally are under the control/power of satan Eph 2:2-3

2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

Who is the prince of the power of the air ? Its satan, Jesus said of him Jn 12:31

Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out.

The devil works right along with the purpose of God, for ultimately God blinds men, the devil can do nothing save what God permits him, read the book of Job to understand that. Job 1-2

brightfame52

Nov 21, 2020
renewed

Christ in Paul is not the gospel. Christ in the believer is the riches of the glory of the mystery:

Colossians 1:

26 Even the mystery [not "gospel"] which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:

27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory
Your confused. Christ must be revealed in a person, just like to Peter Matt 16;16-17

16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

Faith in Christ as the Son of the Living God, thats a Spiritual Knowledge that must be revealed in a person. People cant just naturally read the scriptures and believe in Christ' Jesus had to supernaturally open up peoples understanding to believe the things of Christ Lk 24:45-46

45 Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,

46 And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behooved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:

You put a lot of confidence in the flesh, the natural man. That just doesnt work in True God revealed Christianity !

brightfame52

Nov 21, 2020
renewed

The word kalyptō does not appear in 1 Cor 2:7, nor does it appear in the whole chapter.
It doesnt have to.kryptō does 1 Cor 2:7

7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:

The Gospel is hidden wisdom spoken in a mystery, and its only ordained unto the Church. Its pre-decided who will believe and preach the Gospel

Krypto means:

1. to hide, conceal, to be hid
  2. escape notice
  3. metaph. to conceal (that it may not become known)
The Gospel of Christ is hidden from the natural man.

brightfame52

Nov 21, 2020
renewed quoted

1 Corinthians 15:
1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures
Thats not understood by the natural man. Jesus had to open up mens understanding to understand that very Gospel Lk 24:44-46

44 And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.

Men naturally dont understand the Gospel in the scriptures. Christ must supernaturally open up our understanding. Today He does it by the power of the Spirit when He regenerates us by the Spirit.

brightfame52

Nov 21, 2020
renewed

Romans 10:
9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
This describes the regenerated person being converted, he or she has been given a new regenerated heart.

Man naturally cant believe with his wicked uncircumcised heart. Man by nature cant believe unto righteousness, in fact righteousness must first be revealed to faith Rom 1:1:16-17

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

Rom 10:9-10 is describing an Justified regenerated man or woman ! Of course I know you dont understand that.

brightfame52

Nov 21, 2020
renewed

now you're making satan more powerful than the gospel (which is the power of God unto salvation – Rom 1:16).
No, the lost person Christ didnt die for, You make satan more powerful than Christ since you teach there are people He died for, who will nevertheless be lost in their sins in unbelief.

brightfame52

Nov 21, 2020
renewed

r-i-g-h-t
... cuz God's Word is so ineffective against the all powerful satan.
Thats what you believe and teach, since you say Christ died for people who will nevertheless go to hell for their sins, following satan into the lake of fire.

brightfame52

Nov 21, 2020
renewed

and under your rendering of Scripture, they'll remain lost because you teach the lies of satan ... that the gospel is "hidden wisdom to the natural man" ... that mankind "do not have to believe it, accept itor do anything but continue being ungodly sinners".
Any sinner Christ didnt die for and redeem will remain unregenerate/ lost. You say and teach that a person Christ died for can remain, unregenerate and lost, go figure . You give satan, the world, and the flesh victory over Christ !