Who Justifieth the Ungodly

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Mar 23, 2016
Your claim that faith = works does not line up with Scripture. Romans 4 tells us faith ≠ works:

Romans 4:

3 For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.

4 Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt.

5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

Good passage which I agree with

Then you finally agree fath ≠ works.

I have always agreed with scripture
Then you can stop with your fallacious "faith is law" nonsense.

Mar 23, 2016
all for whom Christ died
John 1:29 The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

John 3:16-17 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

1 John 2:2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of
the whole world.

Mar 23, 2016
the verse is saying that the one believing has been born of God.
1 John 5:1 Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him.

you gonna accuse the 1 John 5:1 folks of "Justification by keeping the law" ... or is that accusation only for those of us on this thread who do not fall for your erroneous dogma???

Ephesians 4:14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive

Mar 23, 2016
got it ... you can provide nothing to support your claim.
Except the things you yourself post
you are the one who submitted the post:

Christs death was worthless.

You can provide no post submitted by me which proves up your accusation and you will not find any post submitted by me which corroborates your claim.

So again, those words came directly from your keyboard ... you are the only one who has made that blasphemous statement in this thread.
Do you believe a sinner Christ died for can die
Excerpt from "What is the unpardonable sin / unforgivable sin?"

The only unpardonable sin today is that of continued unbelief. There is no pardon for a person who dies in his rejection of Christ. The Holy Spirit is at work in the world, convicting the unsaved of sin, righteousness, and judgment (John 16:8). If a person resists that conviction and remains unrepentant, then he is choosing hell over heaven. “Without faith it is impossible to please God” (Hebrews 11:6), and the object of faith is Jesus (Acts 16:31). There is no forgiveness for someone who dies without faith in Christ. God has provided for our salvation in His Son (John 3:16). Forgiveness is found exclusively in Jesus (John 14:6). To reject the only Savior is to be left with no means of salvation; to reject the only pardon is, obviously, unpardonable.

Mar 23, 2016
The death of Christ ... results in their Legal Justification
Justification results from faith in the One Who justifies.

All your attempts to eliminate the faith issue fail because Scripture tells us in numerous places:

Romans 5:1 Therefore being justified by faith

brightfame52

Nov 21, 2020
renewed

got it ... you can provide nothing to support your claim.
Nor can you provide anything to deny that claim. You believe sinners Christ died for, wind up lost anyway. His death was worthless, thats what it equates to.

brightfame52

Nov 21, 2020
brightfame52, I do not know how you are submitting your posts, but you are not capturing statements properly.

In your Post #2197, you submitted the following:

it appears that you are responding to something I posted. However, you have combined a statement you made with my reply to you.

You said:

I replied:

When you combine your statement with my statement, it appears that I submitted both statements (which I didn't).

I replied to your Post #2216 where you did the same thing.

However, I am no longer going to respond to posts you submit like that. I will point out that you have botched your response, but I'm not going to take the time to figure out who said what.

You need to take the time to learn how to submit posts so that it is clear as to who said what.
Hogwash, you know what Im saying. The Gospel is hidden to them that are Lost period, matters not who hides it, its hid, and they lost.

brightfame52

Nov 21, 2020
renewed

nope ... you're teaching your limited atonement erroneous dogma. You are to align your dogma to Scripture and where your dogma does not align with Scripture, you are to let go of the error.

You hold on to your error and manipulate Scripture to align with your dogma ... shameful way to handle the Word of God.
Yes Im preaching the Gospel to you right now, and you see your response to it. Limited atonement is a very important Gospel Truth.

brightfame52

Nov 21, 2020
The word "of" is not in the text. The text reads:

pistis iēsous christos
faith Jesus Christ

What is clear from the text is that the promise is given to those who believe.

Galatians 3:22 But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.

nope ... you just continue to reject the truth that faith ≠ works.

Romans 4:5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

Clearly faith is not works. You do understand that the word "believeth" [Greek pisteuó] is the verb form of the Greek word pístis (faith), yes?
Its the Faith of Jesus Christ Genitive case, His Faithfulness, all whom He died will be given Faith to believe

brightfame52

Nov 21, 2020
renewed
nope ... you just continue to reject the truth that faith ≠ works.

Romans 4:5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

Clearly faith is not works. You do understand that the word "believeth" [Greek pisteuó] is the verb form of the Greek word pístis (faith), yes?
You teach erronously that Faith is a condition men meet to get saved, thats works, thats law keeping.

brightfame52

Nov 21, 2020
renewed

the bible is a external revelation, words written on paper.
Scripture is the Word of God.

Scripture is more than just "words written on paper".

You have such a low opinion of Scripture, the Words of God that God gave to mankind.
The bible is a external revelation, it takes the Spirit to Illuminate ones understanding of the scripture. Jesus had to supernaturally open up some folks understanding so they could understand them Lk 24:44-45

44 And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.

45 Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,

Yes the scriptures are the word of God, hence one must be born of God to understand them. The natural man cant understand the things of God 1 Cor 2:14

brightfame52

Nov 21, 2020
renewd

"they save no one" is nothing but a lie from the pit. The problem is not with Scripture. The problem is that folks don't open the Book and read it.
The scripture doesnt save anyone, the Christ it reveals does. Thats your problem, faith in things, not in Christ. Thats why you believe sinners Christ died for are still lost in their sins.

brightfame52

Nov 21, 2020
renewed

What is "disrespectful to the Spirit of Truth" is to have the Bible, the Word of God, "setting around collecting dust".
Yes its disrespectful to the Holy Spirit, who Christ gives His People to lead them in the truth of scripture, yet you say any natural man can pick it up, knock dust off it, and read it and understand it with his spiritually darkened mind and heart.

brightfame52

Nov 21, 2020
renewed
Because you spewed your lie that the Word of God "takes no effect inwardly"
Studying the word hasn't helped you one bit since you still believe Jesus died for sinners and His Death didnt bring about their eternal Salvation.

brightfame52

Nov 21, 2020
Again, just because you misinterpret Scripture to claim that faith = works, when Scripture plainly tells us faith ≠ works does not mean I am entangled in your error.
You condition salvation on your act of believing, thats works. Its law !

brightfame52

Nov 21, 2020
renewed

your "human faith" fallacy has been proven to be in error as there is only one faith (Eph 4:5).

your "faith is law keeping" fallacy has been proven to be in error as Scripture is clear that faith ≠ works (Rom 4:5).

Your erroneous dogma does not hold up under the scrutiny of Scripture
Oh no, you rode this pony in town, so deal with it. You condition salvation on human faith, thats Law keeping Matt 23:23

23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

See Faith is a requirement under the Law !

brightfame52

Nov 21, 2020
The gift of salvation is wholly by grace through faith.
Its funny how people can make their mouth say anything, and yet deny it in the next breath. You my friend advocate Salvation conditioned on man, your act of believing. Thats works and flat out denies your statement here.