Who Made Official, December 25th As The Birthday Of Jesus Christ?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Truth7t7

May 19, 2020
a little early for a Christmas bashing thread?

true though, that 'religious' holidays are not common this time of year :unsure:
How's is telling the "Truth" about anything bashing as you suggest :)

Yes Christmas is a fabrication created by man, and primarily the "Roman Catholic Church"

Christmas, Easter, Sunday Observance, And Infant Baptism All Belong To Rome, Its Time To Stand Up For This Factual Truth And Be Counted

Ephesians 4:24-25KJV

24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.
25 Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour: for we are members one of another.

S

SophieT

How's is telling the "Truth" about anything bashing as you suggest :)

Yes Christmas is a fabrication created by man, and primarily the "Roman Catholic Church"

Christmas, Easter, Sunday Observance, And Infant Baptism All Belong To Rome, Its Time To Stand Up For This Factual Truth And Be Counted

Ephesians 4:24-25KJV
24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.
25 Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour: for we are members one of another.
you should change your name to opinion. your truth is not THE truth. bah humbug :LOL:

you must be bored to start yet another Christmas thread

Truth7t7

May 19, 2020
hark the herald angels sing.....hush angels...somebody does not like your celebrating, so leave the skies and nothing to rejoice about

same for the resurrection. nothing to see there either
Oh I forgot, the female Angel's with long hair and harps, cant forget those on the ole pagan "Christmas Tree", Big Smiles :)

Jeremiah 10:2-5KJV
2 Thus saith the Lord, Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen are dismayed at them.
3 For the customs of the people are vain: for one cutteth a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the axe.
4 They deck it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers, that it move not.
5 They are upright as the palm tree, but speak not: they must needs be borne, because they cannot go. Be not afraid of them; for they cannot do evil, neither also is it in them to do good.

S

SophieT

Oh I forgot, the female Angel's with long hair and harps, cant forget those on the ole pagan "Christmas Tree", Big Smiles :)

Jeremiah 10:2-5KJV
2 Thus saith the Lord, Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen are dismayed at them.
3 For the customs of the people are vain: for one cutteth a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the axe.
4 They deck it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers, that it move not.
5 They are upright as the palm tree, but speak not: they must needs be borne, because they cannot go. Be not afraid of them; for they cannot do evil, neither also is it in them to do good.
well there is the proof of your own beliefs

I never mentionned female angels, long hair or harps. however the Bible does bring angels into the picture

I don't think I have ever come across any positive remarks by you. if you believe in Christ, as you do say you do, it does not seem you are very happy about, let alone living the joy filled life

you don't believe in the infilling of the Holy Spirit and castigate all who do, you don't think Christ's birth is worth remembering and the resurrection is also not worth paying attention to

yeah. gee...I can't understand why everyone doesn't just pull a long face and make believe they have something to rejoice in

and again, half of your posts to others consist of you MAKING UP THINGS NO ONE EVER SAID. does not do much for your cred

Hallelujah! Christ is risen indeed!

Truth7t7

May 19, 2020
and again, half of your posts to others consist of you MAKING UP THINGS NO ONE EVER SAID. does not do much for your cred

Hallelujah! Christ is risen indeed!
Pinocchio's Nose Grew A Foot On That "False Claim" :eek:

B

Blackpowderduelist

The bishop of Rome only began to have power after the Frankish King Pepin freed Rome from the Lombards, in 752. He gave land and money to the Bishop of Rome to Stephen 2, in 756. This gift and guarantee in 756 provided a legal basis for the creation of the Papal States, and began the rise of power and temporal rule and secular authority of the Pope.
This came after almost 400 years of suppression by the Germanic rulers who took over when they sacked Rome during the reign of Romulus.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
"Truth"

Once again, there is no biblical instruction for the Church to observe the "Resurrection" of Jesus Christ

Jesus Christ gave a clear directive to the Church

(This Do In Remembrance Of Me)
It doesn't reflect well on you when you repeat yourself without adding anything of value to the conversation. You would be considered a fool (or worse) if you did this in real life.

As for your persistent yelling and misuse of brackets and quotation marks, that just demonstrates that you are stubborn and unteachable. I'm beginning to suspect that you have serious problems with social interaction, and use this site to bolster your low self-esteem.

S

SophieT

Pinocchio's Nose Grew A Foot On That "False Claim" :eek:
not at all. you just don't see how you try to make believe you alone have any truth about anything

you exaggerate, twist and add to what others say. oh not every post, but enough so that it has become a habit of yours

Truth7t7

May 19, 2020
not at all. you just don't see how you try to make believe you alone have any truth about anything

you exaggerate, twist and add to what others say. oh not every post, but enough so that it has become a habit of yours
False Accusations, Despising Truth And Good

2 Timothy 3:2-3KJV
2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,

S

SophieT

2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
you are flat out busted dude. anyone can and does read what you write and see what I say is true

as for your inability to hold a civil conversation, well that is not surprising either

telling someone they despise truth and good is really not what we might expect from someone who thinks they are so righteous

you sound very unhappy and seem to want to create the same self righteous attitude in others and upon not suceeding, you get rather angry and use heavy type as though that might carry weight to your opinions

that might work in your circle, but you have no control over others here. freedom of thought is not your forte when you find it in other people apparently

S

SophieT

As a general aside to the whole thing, I find that people who use scripture to insult and correct are often very intolerant of what others think or believe and go so far as to condemn them as though they somehow stood in judgement of others with God's blessing

An actual teacher of the word will have patience, love and concern for the ones they are speaking to and not get angry or attempt to control other people.

Of course we know who the accuser actually is and therefore when you find a person accusing and trying to take the place of God in your life, you should understand they are acting outside of scripture and desire to control others which is never a godly motive.

S

SophieT

I read a lot of statements about paganism being tied to Christian events on here. Paganism (in all its forms) exited long before Christianity.

No matter what day you pick as Christmas or Easter, I’m positive you can find a Pagan event that coincided with it at some point in history. There are only so many days and seasons to choose from, all of which you can find some pagan celebrating something.

and don't you know it

there are some folks who seem to revel in trying to correct others rather than have an actual discussion

you know them by their insults and intolerance of other people :giggle:

Truth7t7

May 19, 2020
As a general aside to the whole thing, I find that people who use scripture to insult and correct are often very intolerant of what others think or believe and go so far as to condemn them as though they somehow stood in judgement of others with God's blessing

An actual teacher of the word will have patience, love and concern for the ones they are speaking to and not get angry or attempt to control other people.

Of course we know who the accuser actually is and therefore when you find a person accusing and trying to take the place of God in your life, you should understand they are acting outside of scripture and desire to control others which is never a godly motive.

DeanM

May 4, 2021
A local church, along with celebrating the ressurection, has an easter egg hunt around the church yard. Anyone think Jesus is offended by little kids laughing and running about looking for colored eggs? And Christmas. I bet the Lord hates seeing Johnny and Susie getting Chrstmas presants the day after the Christmas Eve service.

CS1

May 23, 2012
there are many secular regurgitated things Christians like to say that is not founded in truth.

The truth is we do not know when Jesus was born. The Bible doesn't provide that information. Secondly, there is nothing pagan about honoring the birth of the Lord. Angels did, wise men did, shepherds did, Prophets spoke of it. The early church combated paganism and it was for that reason the church chose a day to bring attention to the Salvation that came into the world.

The day is not important as is the truth of the one who was born. And why he was born.

Wansvic

Nov 27, 2018
I don't either, but the truth of Gods words find the observance of Christmas or Easter have no biblical instruction

1 Corinthians 11:23-26KJV
23 For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, that the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread:
24 And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.
25 After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, this cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.
26 For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come.
I believe you are missing a vital point. Celebrations that expose people to the story of the Lord Jesus is a good thing. It is a way to "preach" to people who may not otherwise enter a church to hear about the savior. Removing Christmas and Easter messages no matter their origin takes away the avenue for many to hear. Why do you think so many fight to remove Christ from Christmas, etc.?

Keep in mind that Jesus' instruction, "do this in remembrance of me" is directed to those who have already accepted the call to come to Him.

S

SophieT

Removing Christmas and Easter messages no matter their origin takes away the avenue for many to hear. Why do you think so many fight to remove Christ from Christmas, etc.?
so much truth right there. further, people have said the same in other Christmas and Easter basing threads

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
It is "official" only by convention and national declarations. It's the day on which most Christians celebrate the incarnation of Jesus Christ. Do you think there is a better day to do so?
I've always thought if we're going to celebrate His birth at all it should be during a more realistic month or season. Everyone knows His birth could not have been on the pagan holiday on which Christmas now falls. If we're supposed to be dedicated to truth, why not celebrate on a more truthful day and month? ;)

Truth7t7

May 19, 2020
there are many secular regurgitated things Christians like to say that is not founded in truth.

The truth is we do not know when Jesus was born. The Bible doesn't provide that information. Secondly, there is nothing pagan about honoring the birth of the Lord. Angels did, wise men did, shepherds did, Prophets spoke of it. The early church combated paganism and it was for that reason the church chose a day to bring attention to the Salvation that came into the world.

The day is not important as is the truth of the one who was born. And why he was born.

23 For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, that the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread:
24 And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.
25 After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, this cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.
26 For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come.

Truth7t7

May 19, 2020
I believe you are missing a vital point. Celebrations that expose people to the story of the Lord Jesus is a good thing. It is a way to "preach" to people who may not otherwise enter a church to hear about the savior. Removing Christmas and Easter messages no matter their origin takes away the avenue for many to hear. Why do you think so many fight to remove Christ from Christmas, etc.?

Keep in mind that Jesus' instruction, "do this in remembrance of me" is directed to those who have already accepted the call to come to Him.
Matthew 28:18-20KJV
18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.