Who was Moses speaking to?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Victor1999

Jul 8, 2019
Hello,

The strangers among the Hebrews were gentiles who lived with them.

Mar 28, 2016
Hello,

The strangers among the Hebrews were gentiles who lived with them.
They were strangers to each other. Some had the Spirit of Christ from both camps. God looks on the heart that he creates anew...

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
God is not a man as us. He is a supernatural Spirit like not other.

The gospel has nothing to do with the flesh of any nation. . . . as if God was served by human hands in any way shape or form to begin with.

We walk according to the 20/20 prescription he gave us called "faith". It is used as a parable opens the eyes of our new hearts and gives us ears to hear what the Spirit is saying to us.

2 Corinthians 4:18 While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

Like how beautiful are their feet of those who bring the good news.(gospel) Seeing prophecy is not after their mouth .

You could say how beautiful are the feet of Francis the talking Donkey. I don't think donkeys or lambs are considered Jewish.

Numbers 22:28 And the Lord opened the mouth of the ass, and she said unto Balaam, What have I done unto thee, that thou hast smitten me these three times?
Garee, is the thread topic the new covenant in Christ's blood? No. The thread topic is "Who was Moses speaking to?" Once you grasp that, you will be less likely to waste your time arguing with me. Hopefully.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Do you think the Hebrew God, speaking to the Hebrews excludes you, so you are not included in what this Hebrew God tells the Hebrews?
There is no such thing as "the Hebrew God". That was an invention of theological liberals who put the one true and living God on the same level as all the other pagan gods. There is only one God (the Godhead of Father, Son, and Holy Spirit), and while He elected Israel to be His instrument on earth as a witness to the true God, He has revealed Himself to all men. But Israel failed to do what God wanted.

ROMANS 1
18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;
19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.
20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

ACTS 17
24 God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;
25 Neither is worshipped with men's hands, as though he needed any thing, seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things;
26 And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;
27 That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:
28 For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.
["his offspring" = created in His image]
29 Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.
30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:
31 Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
Where people get confused is God set up Israel to be a special nation. As a special nation, God gave them certain promises, And he said if you want to live out these promises, this is what I want you to do.

Trying to say we as christians should live out those things given to Israel is like saying people in Australia should bow down to american values, pay their taxes, and obey their laws, In Australia.

it does not work that way.
What doesn't add up in this line of reasoning about scripture is all the many times scripture tells us that it is for Israel and the stranger.

Also, we say that the OT is scripture, breathed by the Lord. The Lord created all people, he is the creator. Why would God exclude almost everyone from learning about Him? The people of national Israel make up only a tiny section of the world. People do not question that the NT is for everyone, yet many keep the ancient idea that until Christ, scripture was only for Israel.

Because during the years of the OT every person, Jew and gentile, believed that each nation had their own God and would not consider accepting a God of another nation, God worked with the nation He created to be His nation. That was the perception people had, but the truth was that God was the one true God of every human. God tells us so over and over as in Numbers 15: 15 One ordinance shall be for you of the assembly and for the stranger who dwells with you, an ordinance forever throughout your generations; as you are, so shall the stranger be before the Lord. 16One law and one custom shall be for you and for the stranger who dwells with you.’ ”

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
They were strangers to each other. Some had the Spirit of Christ from both camps. God looks on the heart that he creates anew...
Nobody in Moses' time had the Spirit of Christ. Please try to follow the script.

7seasrekeyed

Nobody in Moses' time had the Spirit of Christ. Please try to follow the script.
I'm still trying to figure out what the spirit of Christ from both camps is and how a person could have both means

maybe he means testaments

or maybe he meabs Israelite and none Israelite

or maybe he spun the wheel again

I'm thinking he would actually like people to follow his own 'script'

I actually don't like those frenetic gifs.

7seasrekeyed

We walk according to the 20/20 prescription he gave us called "faith". It is used as a parable opens the eyes of our new hearts and gives us ears to hear what the Spirit is saying to us.
20/20 prescription

is this about voting?

notuptome

May 17, 2013
Who was there when Moses spoke?

For the cause of Christ
Roger

Mar 28, 2016

I am following the scriptures according to the prescription as the law of God.(sola scriptura) .It would seem you are chasing after the flesh for some reason? Did you apply the prescription in 2 Corinthians 4:18. It helps us get the unseen eternal spirit of the matter.(the gospel) For some reason the literalist dare no go to the unseen eternal ? They it would seem miss out on the gospel understanding hid from literalist.

If any man has not the Spirit of Christ he does not belong to Christ . . . to include born again Moses who had the Spirit of Christ in him working with him to both will and perform the good pleasure of God.(imputed righteousness . He will rise on the last day and receive the promised new incorruptible body

God had favor (grace) on Abel as it is written but Cain received no mercy.

Romans 8:9 But you are not ruled by your sinful selves. You are ruled by the Spirit, if that Spirit of God really lives in you. But whoever does not have the Spirit of Christ does not belong to Christ.

Simply enough ?

E

eternally-gratefull

What doesn't add up in this line of reasoning about scripture is all the many times scripture tells us that it is for Israel and the stranger.

Also, we say that the OT is scripture, breathed by the Lord. The Lord created all people, he is the creator. Why would God exclude almost everyone from learning about Him? The people of national Israel make up only a tiny section of the world. People do not question that the NT is for everyone, yet many keep the ancient idea that until Christ, scripture was only for Israel.

Because during the years of the OT every person, Jew and gentile, believed that each nation had their own God and would not consider accepting a God of another nation, God worked with the nation He created to be His nation. That was the perception people had, but the truth was that God was the one true God of every human. God tells us so over and over as in Numbers 15: 15 One ordinance shall be for you of the assembly and for the stranger who dwells with you, an ordinance forever throughout your generations; as you are, so shall the stranger be before the Lord. 16One law and one custom shall be for you and for the stranger who dwells with you.’ ”
It was for Israel and the stranger WHO LIVED IN THE LAND.

Context always must be taken into account, Refusing to do this does not help

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015

Also, we say that the OT is scripture, breathed by the Lord. The Lord created all people, he is the creator. Why would God exclude almost everyone from learning about Him?
God didn't exclude anyone from learning about Him, but He did make His covenant only with Israel. He gave Israel specific laws, which He did not give to everyone. That seems to be the root of your confusion.

When you were a child, your parents gave you rules. Those rules were not given to other children in your neighbourhood, and those other children, though they may have learned from the rules your parents gave you, were never subject to your parents' rules (unless they visited your house). Their relationship with your parents is not based on rules.

The analogy isn't perfect, of course, but hopefully it brings light upon your confusion.

Sipsey

Sep 27, 2018

Isa. 49

6 The Lord said to me,
“I have a greater task for you, my servant.
Not only will you restore to greatness
the people of Israel who have survived,
but I will also make you a light to the nations—
so that all the world may be saved.”
7 Israel's holy God and savior says
to the one who is deeply despised,
who is hated by the nations
and is the servant of rulers:
“Kings will see you released
and will rise to show their respect;
princes also will see it,
and they will bow low to honor you.”
This will happen because the Lord has chosen his servant;
the holy God of Israel keeps his promises.

Mar 28, 2016
20/20 prescription

is this about voting?
Amen we must be careful how we hear or say we hear. We know the result in the garden .

LOL yes A I will obey the prescription as it is written . . or B I will literally make it to no effect and not seek the spiritual understanding. A or B ?

Its about a spiritual book written by the unseen Spirit His book of the law. . . . . opening eyes and giving ears to someone's newly created heart .Hiding the gospel from those literalize the parables which without Christ spoke not.

Isaiah 29:18The deaf will hear the words in the book. The blind will see through the darkness and fog.

They it would seem refuse to search as for silver or gold "the hidden gospel understanding". called hidden Manna in the book of Revelation. They will not apply the prescriptions of faith but would rather walk by sight glorying in the flesh. .

So in turn they invent the idea of "sign gifts" as in out of sight out of mind (no faith) the unseen understanding needed to believe God (again not seen ) In the end the literalist to give those who a lliterize a self edifying a unknown or a wonderment boost.

If it is not one of the prescriptions designed for walking by faith (believing God not seen . Then what is its purpose of the prescription ? A or B ?

That eternal glory is much greater than our troubles. So we think about what we cannot see, not what we see. What we see lasts only a short time, and what we cannot see will last forever. 2 Corinthian 4:18 EVS

18 While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.2 Corinthian 4:18 KJV

Mar 28, 2016
God didn't exclude anyone from learning about Him, but He did make His covenant only with Israel. He gave Israel specific laws, which He did not give to everyone. That seems to be the root of your confusion.

When you were a child, your parents gave you rules. Those rules were not given to other children in your neighborhood, and those other children, though they may have learned from the rules your parents gave you, were never subject to your parents' rules (unless they visited your house). Their relationship with your parents is not based on rules.

The analogy isn't perfect, of course, but hopefully it brings light upon your confusion.
The gospel according to location and not the whole world ? Why would we walk by sight? The gospel for the whole neighborhood of believers. One is our Father in heaven .

Yes he gave the covenants to born again Israel (inward Jew not in respect to that seen). Having the name changed from Jacob, a outward Jew in respect to his flesh seen previously called the deceiver under the father of lies the god of this world..

God wrestled him down and pinned the new name Israel that represents those born again . He had to walk around with a limp to remind him to walk by faith (the unseen Holy place of God. And was again renamed his bride in Acts calling her Christian .meaning resident of the city named after her bloody husband Christ. She as a city of residents will come down on the last day. The former things will not be remember or ever come to mind as a new creation . Not rebuilt or reconditioned from the flesh of any nation. No flesh and blood as rudiment s of this world .That's for the philosophies of men that walk after the things seen the temporal. No faith for them .

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
The gospel according to location and not the whole world ? Why would we walk by sight? The gospel for the whole neighborhood of believers. One is our Father in heaven .
Wow... you really don't get the program here.

The topic of discussion in this thread is NOT the covenant in Christ's blood. Rather, it is the old covenant made with ethnic Israel. Why are you having so much trouble with this concept?

Yes he gave the covenants to born again Israel...
Until Christ's death, there was no such thing. How could God make a covenant with a people who don't exist?

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
It was for Israel and the stranger WHO LIVED IN THE LAND.

Context always must be taken into account, Refusing to do this does not help
Someone is refusing? You are WAY out of line with this post.

I have gone back and read many scripture verses that is God speaking to us about strangers, and it seems to me that God is letting us know that He is God of all people, created all people, and speaks to all people. God has God principles that simply are His principles and the OT tells us about these principles. The only thing I see different about God for the Hebrews and the gentiles is that God takes special care of the Jews because He uses them to tell us about those principles that are God principles. God asks us to be thank the Jews for this, also.

E

eternally-gratefull

Someone is refusing? You are WAY out of line with this post.
Why because I disagree wiht you? You have a complex?

Sorry, But I am correct. The law was given for them to live blessed in the LAND.. I have no land to live in. So those laws do not apply to me.

I have gone back and read many scripture verses that is God speaking to us about strangers, and it seems to me that God is letting us know that He is God of all people, created all people, and speaks to all people. God has God principles that simply are His principles and the OT tells us about these principles. The only thing I see different about God for the Hebrews and the gentiles is that God takes special care of the Jews because He uses them to tell us about those principles that are God principles. God asks us to be thank the Jews for this, also.
Strangers is not the context her, The law is. And why strangers are to also follow this law.. which was given for the LAND.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
Why because I disagree wiht you? You have a complex?

Sorry, But I am correct. The law was given for them to live blessed in the LAND.. I have no land to live in. So those laws do not apply to me.

Strangers is not the context her, The law is. And why strangers are to also follow this law.. which was given for the LAND.
What is out of line in your post is personal accusations.

If you want to believe the OT is speaking to land you have every right to say so.