Who/What is your fav Christian Metal / Industrial band or album???

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
y'all like gospel zombie metal?

[video=youtube_share;hpg5IGRX7a4]http://youtu.be/hpg5IGRX7a4[/video]

Z

zaoman32

Maybe I'm just getting old,but I haven't been "blown away" by a band in ages. Is it because all the newness of discovering awesome Christian bands is gone??? I remember when I first heard stuff like Saviour Machine,and Global Wave System,Living Sacrifice...those bands made my little metal/industrial heart leap for joy. Now,no bands really do that for me. Anyone else feel that way? Is the newness just gone or am I spoiled?
Probably just because christian metal has lacked to put out any good bands commercially since the glory days of SolidState circa '95-'98 roughly. Unashamed, Focal Point, Focused, Strongarm, Stretch Armstrong, Extol, Lengsel, Living Sacrifice, Training for Utopia, Zao...You know, the good stuff, before every christian metal band sounded like As I Lay Dying

Z

zaoman32

In case anyone missed this one. I love this band, thanks to Ugly for introducing us :*)

[video=youtube;Z5sbYD--2JY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5sbYD--2JY[/video]

I

iTOREtheSKY

Z-man...dunno if you ever heard of the secular band Behemoth,but AHTDU kinda has hints of them. Pretty sweet.

Z

zaoman32

Z-man...dunno if you ever heard of the secular band Behemoth,but AHTDU kinda has hints of them. Pretty sweet.
yeah, I'm pretty familiar with them, I thought the same thing actually haha. I know they have big influences from many of the non-christian black and blackened death bands like Behemoth and Watain.

I

iTOREtheSKY

I really enjoy Behemoth's music,but can't stand the lyrics,so this band is a nice substitute fo' sho'.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Maybe I'm just getting old,but I haven't been "blown away" by a band in ages. Is it because all the newness of discovering awesome Christian bands is gone??? I remember when I first heard stuff like Saviour Machine,and Global Wave System,Living Sacrifice...those bands made my little metal/industrial heart leap for joy. Now,no bands really do that for me. Anyone else feel that way? Is the newness just gone or am I spoiled?
i think you're probably spoiled & old (me too), or maybe because of the glut of hardcore that's out there now, but maybe it's because you didn't buy Grave Declaration's last album.

but 20 years ago, i was amazed that such bands existed. now finding some crazy gospel music isn't a "surprise" anymore. particular songs still blow me away, even by artists i've kept up with for a long time. i think what you're feeling might be like the "awe" of seeing the milky way in the sky in a very very dark place for the first time. it's still gorgeous every time, but the first time was amazing partly because before seeing it, you had no idea the night sky was so beautiful.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
*cough* the members of AHTDU and Grave Declaration are good friends *cough* the last Grave Declaration album is epic *cough*

[video=youtube_share;1goRI4wGH80]http://youtu.be/1goRI4wGH80[/video]

I

iTOREtheSKY

LOL post..I think yer' right,I am spoiled & old. Grave D...not bad,not bad. :) *passes you a Ricola for that nasty cough brother*

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
thanks!

fetching album cover too haha

(digs skeletons and also digs cathedrals)

Z

zaoman32

I think one of the guys from Antestor was on the new grave declaration album too...

S

ServantStrike

i think you're probably spoiled & old (me too), or maybe because of the glut of hardcore that's out there now, but maybe it's because you didn't buy Grave Declaration's last album.

but 20 years ago, i was amazed that such bands existed. now finding some crazy gospel music isn't a "surprise" anymore. particular songs still blow me away, even by artists i've kept up with for a long time. i think what you're feeling might be like the "awe" of seeing the milky way in the sky in a very very dark place for the first time. it's still gorgeous every time, but the first time was amazing partly because before seeing it, you had no idea the night sky was so beautiful.

I like this.

The novelty wears off, but you still love it when you hear it. It's just not "new" any more.

And lets be honest, if we did a show of hands, a lot of the people in this thread would raise their hands to the question "did you enjoy being a church rebel by listening to Christian metal?"

People in the church have (at least in many churches) started to accept that some like it hot, and some like it thermonuclear. They may still not enjoy metal, but the whole Jesus-rebel thing is gone.

U

Ugly

Sounds good, can't wait to hear the rest..

[video=youtube;KNdMnjn4wA4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNdMnjn4wA4[/video]

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
the Power of God - He is Alive!

[video=youtube_share;FGJgpLbHh3A]http://youtu.be/FGJgpLbHh3A[/video]

Nate83

Mar 29, 2014
Man there are 99 pages of this. Awesome. I can't exactly search every single post for what I'm looking for, so I'll just ask:

Do you guys know of any Christian Prog Rock/Metal bands in the mold of, say, Dream Theater, Tool, and Porcupine Tree? I'm not looking for vocalists that sound like a soprano from an 80's hair band, nor someone that just growls to blast beats 24/7. Just some talented musicians that actually make great music. I wouldn't mind stuff along the lines of older Project 86 either.

Last edited:

breno785au

Jul 23, 2013
Australia
Man there are 99 pages of this. Awesome. I can't exactly search every single post for what I'm looking for, so I'll just ask:

Do you guys know of any Christian Prog Rock/Metal bands in the mold of, say, Dream Theater, Tool, and Porcupine Tree? I'm not looking for vocalists that sound like a soprano from an 80's hair band, nor someone that just growls to blast beats 24/7. Just some talented musicians that actually make great music. I wouldn't mind stuff along the lines of older Project 86 either.
Check out Theocracy bro, Theocracy.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013

the last Extol album (self-titled) is very progressive. Mantric is a one-album (so far) side project of members of Extol that is very progressive, technical & in a few places very black and raw too. lyrically the Extol album is straightforward, but some reading-between the lines on the Mantric record is necessary to see the Christian perspective underlying the songs.

there's lots more of course, but check this out meanwhile:

[video=youtube_share;XYIbUVrSX_c]http://youtu.be/XYIbUVrSX_c[/video]

"there's no man beyond redemption
no words can undo the will of heaven..
"