Who will populate the earth in the 1000 year Reign

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Mdennis1

Feb 4, 2020
There is no 1000 year reign. If there were, flesh and blood cannot inherit it. Only saints in glorified bodies. This means when Satan is loosed he would have saints in glorified bodies attacking other saints in glorified bodies until the Lord returns.

The 1000 years = the binding of Satan. Not the kingdom. Satan attacks the kingdom when the 1000 years end.
Jesus said when he returns the last enemy to be conquered is death..

R

Reba1

General question :

When in your beliefs is the resurrection ?
What happens after the resurrection?
Maybe i can be a bit more clear . I am asking for your thoughts, your views, to be laid out in a very simple form.
AS as example the birth life death of Christ is simply laid out . He was born lived in Egypt , Galilee, died at the hands of the Romans etc. was resurrected .

3angelsmsg

Mar 1, 2018
Love is patience and kind. And seek not its own. It is not so important to win the argument. It is about the type of spirit we display in stressful and time of severe pressure.

R

Reba1

Love is patience and kind. And seek not its own. It is not so important to win the argument. It is about the type of spirit we display in stressful and time of severe pressure.
The purpose of some questions is not to win an argument but to understand the other poster.

Jan 17, 2020
General question :

Maybe i can be a bit more clear . I am asking for your thoughts, your views, to be laid out in a very simple form.
AS as example the birth life death of Christ is simply laid out . He was born lived in Egypt , Galilee, died at the hands of the Romans etc. was resurrected .
I'm not sure who you are asking. But the resurrection happens on the last day.

R

Reba1

General question :

A general question to any/everyone to learn the views of others i am asking for a reply of anyone who wishes to respond.

Mdennis1

Feb 4, 2020
If you read that right ,JESUS comes from heaven HIMSELF , AND HE gethers the CHURCH , Then GOD brings the CHURCH to heaven, HE dose not bring the church with HIM , YOU are miss lead there , You are not getting the whole meaning there.
Here is a possible order...
1000 years reign then satan will be loose in a little season...those who still alive except for the saints will be decieved by satan...then they will go against the saint encamped in the city.
Then the Day of the Lord (mentioned by peter) where elements shall melt and then the old earth will passed away.
All the wicked will be resurrected and face the great white throne judgement and shall be cast in the lake of fire.
Then the new earth and heaven without the moon, the sun, the sea
But there will be water in it.
Then from heaven then New Jerusalem will come down.

There are many scriptures that always talk about this age and the age to come , including Jesus himself
Also wheat and chaff, The righteous and the wicked etc always happen at his return. Then is no real indication from Jesus that any christian alive will be raptured, and miss the great tribulation. At Jesus return scripture says the nations of the earth will mourn and then his angles will gather his elect and for the sake of the elect those days will be shorten a summary of it from Matthew 24. Granted no one myself included has it completely right. The rapture verse if you want to call that... can very clearly not mean a rapture from the tribulation..There is a lot of supporting scripture to argue differently.. Maybe another time. Gods blessing

Mar 28, 2016
The 144,000 are male Jews. They're not part of the body of Christ who have been caught up. Yes, Jacob's trouble, not the Church's trouble.
Because we are to walk by faith and not after what the eyes see. We are warned of numbering neither people or time.

When looking a that metaphoric number word 144, 000 it represents the unseen chaste virgin bride, the church . In that way the scriptures uses a male as mankind to represent his chaste virgin bride .This is because as new creatures we are no longer typified male nor female Jew nor gentile, but the church. They are not literally virgin men in that parable . But virgins not having fornicated with other gods other than our living God, Christ Jesus. The spiritual meaning hid in those parables.

The language in Revelation is signified. It sets that prescription up in the opening verse .The Holy Spirit not only inspired it but also signified it.

Revelation 1:1 King James Version (KJV) The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:

The verses below help us to recognize the bride of Christ signified as the the church. The city prepared as the bride signified as the mother of us all in Galatians 4.

The Holy Spirit gives us two parables to help us understand by faith that mystery. Paul is used to signify the mother of us, as lively stones that do make up spiritual house of God, the church. Working with the gospel seed a mother in pains hoping Christ will be formed and a mother to send off as a chaste virgin with her new husband Christ.

2 Corinthians 11:2For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.

Galatians 4:19-26 My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you, I desire to be present with you now, and to change my voice; for I stand in doubt of you. Tell me, ye that desire to be under the law, do ye not hear the law?
For it is written, that Abraham had two sons, the one by a bondmaid, the other by a freewoman. But he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of the freewoman was by promise. Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar. For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children. But
Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.

The 144, 000 the signified number no man could number . The mother of us all Galatians 4 (Christians)

Revelation 7 ;9 After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;

E

eternally-gratefull

The purpose of some questions is not to win an argument but to understand the other poster.
Wish more people understood this

R

Reba1

What if anything comes after the last day, in your opinion?

Jan 17, 2020
What if anything comes after the last day, in your opinion?
The universe explodes according to Peter and the New Heavens and Earth are formed where believers live forever in happiness.

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
^ Consider the following... notes on the word "DISSOLVED" in 2 Peter 3:10-12 [2x in kjv, 3x in other versions] - (we'll see if this long post will "fit" in one or in two posts :D )

Isaiah 24 -

17 Terror and pit and snare await you,
O dwellers of the earth.
18 Whoever flees the sound of terror
will fall into a pit,
and whoever climbs from the pit
will be caught in a trap.
For the windows of heaven are open,
and the foundations of the earth are shaken.
19 The earth is utterly broken apart,
the earth is split open ['clean dissolved' in the kjv; H6565 - parar],
the earth is shaken violently.
20 The earth staggers like a drunkard
and sways like a shack.
Earth’s rebellion weighs it down,
and it falls, never to rise again.
21 In that day the LORD will punish [comp Rev19:19,21/15:14-16/20:5]
the host of heaven above
and the kings of the earth below.
22 They will be gathered together
like prisoners in a pit.
They will be confined to a dungeon

and punished after many days. [comp this SECOND "punish" word with the LATER GWTj Rev20:11-15, as I've mentioned in the past]
23 The moon will be confounded
and the sun will be ashamed;
for the LORD of Hosts will reign
on Mount Zion and in Jerusalem,
and before His elders with great glory
. [the "GLORIOUS" kingdom, on the earth; the EARTHLY MK age--see Matt25:31-34 "the throne of His glory" which is an earthly-located throne]

[and]

Isaiah 34, in part [be sure to read BOTH CHPTS of chpt 34 AND chpt 35, not just verse 4!] -

Judgment on the Nations

1 Come near, O nations, to listen;
pay attention, O peoples.
Let the earth hear, and all that fills it,
the world and all that springs from it.
2 The LORD is angry with all the nations
and furious with all their armies.
He will devote them to destruction;a
He will give them over to slaughter.
3 Their slain will be left unburied,
and the stench of their corpses will rise;
the mountains will flow with their blood.
4 All the stars of heaven will be dissolved.
The skies will be rolled up like a scroll,
and all their stars will fall [comp the usage of the word "stars" in Dan8:10-12]

like withered leaves from the vine,
like foliage from the fig tree.

[again, see the remainder of these two chapters, and not just verse 4a Peter points out, to get the "whole picture"]

[and]

Psalm 75:3 kjv -
3 The earth and all the inhabitants thereof are dissolved: I bear up the pillars of it. Selah.

[and all of Ps75 in the bsb version]

God’s Righteous Judgment
(Romans 2:1-16; Jude 1:3-16)
For the choirmaster: To the tune of “Do not Destroy.” A Psalm of Asaph. A song.

1 We give thanks to You, O God;
we give thanks, for Your Name is near.
The people declare Your wondrous works.
2 “When I choose a time,
I will judge fairly
3 When the earth and all its dwellers quake ['are dissolved' in the kjv ^ ; H4127 - mug - to melt],
it is I who bear up its pillars.
Selah
4 I say to the proud, ‘Do not boast,’
and to the wicked, ‘Do not lift up your horn.
5 Do not lift up your horn against heaven
or speak with an outstretched neck.’”
6 For exaltation comes neither from east nor west,
nor out of the desert,
7 but it is God who judges;
He brings down one and exalts another
8 For a cup is in the hand of the LORD,
full of foaming wine mixed with spices.
He pours from His cup,
and all the wicked of the earth
drink it down it to the dregs.
9 But I will proclaim Him forever;
I will sing praise to the God of Jacob.
10 “All the horns of the wicked I will cut off,
but the horns of the righteous will be exalted
.”

[and]

2 Peter 3:11-12 - ["dissolved" is used 3x in the ylt version, so in v.10 there also https://biblehub.com/interlinear/2_peter/3-10.htm , I've included here, below]

10 [ylt] and it will come -- the day of the Lord -- as a thief in the night, in which the heavens with a rushing noise will pass away, and the elements with burning heat be dissolved, and earth and the works in it shall be burnt up [*note: see below].

11 [kjv] Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,

12 [kjv] Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

[*note on v.10's phrase: "shall be burnt up" is the Greek word "G2147 - heurethēsetai"; but the words in the text can be translated "[works] NOT [G3756] [WILL] BE FOUND [G2147]" -- (see quoting BibleHub, below)

"3756 [e]
ouch
[οὐχ]
not
Adv
2147 [e]
heurethēsetai
εὑρεθήσεται .
will be found
V-FIP-3S

https://biblehub.com/interlinear/2_peter/3-10.htm ]

Journeyman

Jan 10, 2019
Does anyone else get as frutrated as I do when people can not seem to answer simple questions?

Gen 12
Get out of your country, From your family And from your father’s house, To a land that I will show you.
2 I will make you a great nation;

I will bless you And make your name great; And you shall be a blessing.
3 I will bless those who bless you, And I will curse him who curses you; And in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed.”

we see here two promises in Gods origional covenant with abraham

1. he will give him land and make him a (singular) nation
2. He will bless all the nations on earth through his seed.

the first promise is a physical gift To one of his sins and their families.
the Econ’s promise is a spiritual gift to all mankind

he continues this

Chapter 15: 17 And it came to pass, when the sun went down and it was dark, that behold, there appeared a smoking oven and a burning torch that passed between those pieces. 18 On the same day the Lord made a covenant with Abram, saying:

“To your descendants I have given this land, from the river of Egypt to the great river, the River Euphrates— 19 the Kenites, the Kenezzites, the Kadmonites, 20 the Hittites, the Perizzites, the Rephaim, 21 the Amorites, the Canaanites, the Girgashites, and the Jebusites.”

this concerns the first promise, a physical promise to one son and his families also not.

This is an UNCONDITIONAL covenant. Or as some call it, an I WILL or one sided covenant God did not say, If you and your family does this, I WILL do that, he said I WILL

he continues later

gen 17 - As for Me, behold, My covenant is with you, and you shall be a father of [b]many nations. 5 No longer shall your name be called [c]Abram, but your name shall be [d]Abraham; for I have made you a father of [e]many nations. 6 I will make you exceedingly fruitful; and I will make nations of you, and kings shall come from you. 7 And I will establish My covenant between Me and you and your descendants after you in their generations, for an everlasting covenant, to be God to you and your descendants after you. 8 Also I give to you and your descendants after you the land in[f] which you are a stranger, all the land of Canaan, as an everlasting possession; and I will be their God.”

here again we see two different aspect. A father of many nations (he had many sone, who grew into many nations.

Then we have one nations, who is given the land of Canaan. How long did God say this gift would be there’s? Until they sinned? Until they angered God and he took it away from them? Until they did this or that?
No!

In Gods words

As an everlasting possession;

now. one more time

can you tell me where in these promises EVERYONE on earth is promised the land of Canaan?

I will be waiting
Canaan, the promised land, is a figure of the Kingdom of God. In leaving Ur, God was telling Abraham to leave the world of idolatry behind. Your belief that Jews will inherit the promises of God without faith in Christ is what Judaism teaches and is heresy.

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
Your belief that Jews will inherit the promises of God without faith in Christ is what Judaism teaches and is heresy.
^ that's the problem. NO ONE is saying that. ;)

If you think that is what is being said, you've grossly misunderstood the viewpoint you are so strenuously arguing against.

[one of the purposes for the trib yrs is to bring Israel into the new covenant... "faith" is certainly involved!]

R

Reba1

^

[one of the purposes for the trib yrs is to bring Israel into the new covenant... "faith" is certainly involved!]
show the Scripture which speaks of something other then the Cross and HIS blood for Salvation. What you are saying is those who give of human blood their blood will have salvation.

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
show the Scripture which speaks of something other then the Cross and HIS blood for Salvation.
I never suggested there is.

What you are saying is those who give of human blood their blood will have salvation.
I'm not sure why you are suggesting this, when (in my earlier post... well, not sure which thread) I said not everyone in the trib years will die, but that there are a number of passages showing the "still-living persons" having come through the trib years, to ENTER the MK in their mortal bodies [these saints / believers (ONLY) do]; I gave the example of Daniel 12:12 "BLESSED is he that waiteth and cometh to the 1335 days" (alongside about 8 or so other verses also speaking of the same "BLESSED"/their ENTRANCE into the MK age upon His "RETURN" to the earth... another example being Lk12:36-37,38,40,42-44 ["BLESSED" vv.37,43 and parallels elsewhere], where v.36 says, "when he will RETURN FROM the wedding"... THEN the meal! [the G347 "shall sit down [around a table/at a meal]" of other passages, or "the wedding FEAST/SUPPER [on the earth]" of yet other passages)

Last edited: