Why are Christians the least loyal friends?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

umzza

Jan 10, 2015
Of all the people i have known, the more devout a Christian someone is the less loyal of a friend they are. Why?

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
I'm sorry that is your experience. I know it hurts. I am so sorry. Big hugs.

I have known unchristian behavior, some from me, some from others. The stuff that points away from Him is the broken condition of humanity. Every time you see this kind of behavior, remember that they need our prayers love and mercy. I know it isn't always easy but it is an opportunity, each and every time, to grow our own softened hearts in Him, to grow a greater capacity to love, to forgive, and to serve, regardless the return. After all, just think how much a softened strength given from Him can point to Him.

Love you and Hugs. I hope you are going to have q good Thanksgiving. I shall keep praying.

If you need to talk, I want to listen.

Locutus

Feb 10, 2017
Of all the people i have known, the more devout a Christian someone is the less loyal of a friend they are. Why?
Possibly because they become very dogmatic in all their life, everything they believe in (about the world, life etc.) becomes black and white, so even thieir friends ideas, feelings and behaviour comes under the scrutiny of their dogmatism.

Hevosmies

Sep 8, 2018
Remember that most professed Christians are fakes and nominal/cultural Christians. (Im talking USA here, not so in China etc)
That weeds out a good % of everyone you will ever meet who is a "Christian".
Thats the most likely reason.

If you are an atheist, another reason could be that these are truly saved Christians, and you are not comfortable around them because they dont like to go and get drunk with you or will warn you of sin.

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013

If all of my devout Christians friends had a problem with me, errr....

I might go through a quick check list just to make sure the problem wasn't me.

Just to be safe.

Locutus

Feb 10, 2017
If all of my devout Christians friends had a problem with me, errr....

I might go through a quick check list just to make sure the problem wasn't me.

Just to be safe..
It's you Max, it's you not them.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Wow..............u iz really, really phishing ain't ya...........goodness..............

Apparently, you have not known many devout Christians.........and, given the questions you pose here, I must say I am not surprised

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Do you guys..............CC Members...........not see that this person, and a few others ask such questions, and then disappear? Would it not be more prudent to wait until they ACTUALLY engage in conversation before the rush to respond?

just thinking

A

Ariel82

Is that true about me?

A

Ariel82

Do you guys..............CC Members...........not see that this person, and a few others ask such questions, and then disappear? Would it not be more prudent to wait until they ACTUALLY engage in conversation before the rush to respond?

just thinking
Or maybe listen before jumping time conclusions?

A

Ariel82

FYI. I consider Umzza my little sister we have known each other via CC for 8 years.

She has been an encouragement when folks on here were really mean to me and though she gets depressed sometimes. She is still a great person.

Just wanted to stand up and say that

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
FYI. I consider Umzza my little sister we have known each other via CC for 8 years.

She has been an encouragement when folks on here were really mean to me and though she gets depressed sometimes. She is still a great person.

Well, it is good that you know her........AND.....given that we have gone to the politically correct way of presenting screen names and personal information about members, it is not always easy to discern the goodens from the not so goodens.
She could have been a wee bit more forthcoming in her OP, right? And, given the number of not so goodens that have been posting here with exactly the same M.O. it is not a great leap to believe that a negative comment about Christians be seen as pfishing.

As she is a friend to you, perhaps you could assist her and teach her about how to present her comments? Sad that she gets depressed, but why blame Christians? Anyway, I won't belabor the point, and I hope you can be an encouragement to her at this point in her life........

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013

Umzza has been making a lot of very odd posts lately.
She seems more than a little depressed.

If you are her friend, you should try really hard to reach out to her.

A

Ariel82

How do you reach out to someone a world away?

Oct 28, 2018
Possibly because they become very dogmatic in all their life, everything they believe in (about the world, life etc.) becomes black and white, so even thieir friends ideas, feelings and behaviour comes under the scrutiny of their dogmatism.
I agree with the OP, and from my experience you've hit the nail on the head.

I hate to say it, but many (most) Christians won't be with you through thick and thin.

Oct 28, 2018

just thinking
I see what you're saying, but if nobody responds who are they supposed to have a conversation on here with...

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
Sometimes the most devout Christians are that way because they are very faulty people who know only too well that they need the Atonement of the LORD Jesus more then others..

Some people who are very faulty when it comes to human to human relationships will cling to God as their only Friend because they know God is long suffering towards their wonky personalities and loves them anyway, when no other human does or would..

It's the sickest people who know they need the Doctor the most..

Others have answered covering other possibilities.. like religious pride and being unaccepting and unforgiving of others faults, that some ultra religious people with very strict standards tend to become..