why can no one give straight answers

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

jb

Feb 27, 2010
...man wrote the bible...
Man certainly penned it, but he did not inspire it. ALL the Bible is inspired by God and the Scriptures are the eternal voice of God to His people and should be read every day! 2Tim 3v16, 1Peter 2v1-3.

The Christian life is about a relationship, a LOVE relationship with God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit, He longs to have fellowship with you and this is done through prayer. Psalm 24v1-6, Isaiah 40v31, Phil 4v6, 1Thess 5v17

Also know that God the Father loves YOU like He love Jesus (John 17v23) and Jesus loves YOU as the Father loves Him and He is NOT ashamed to call YOU brother, the great LOVE that God has for you is demonstrated at a place called Calvary, where the Lord Jesus died upon a cross to make atonement not only for your sin, but for the sin of the world! John 3v16, 15v9, Rom 5v8, Heb 2v11.

Even now you are a child of God! John 1v12, 1John 3v1,2.

You state you have no decent Churches around you, if that is the case, do you know of any other (born again) Christians in your vicinity, if so, you can gather together for fellowship in each other's house for prayer, Bible study, singing hymns/choruses and just general fellowship, as this is what the early Chuch did, they met in their own homes. Rom 16v5

You can find a few simple studies Here, Here, Here, Here and Here that will help you with your faith.

Yahweh Shalom...

G

GraceRevelation

I'm really glad that you have decided to try and focus on God. I'm not sure exactly what's going on in your life, nor do I need to know. I'm going to simply say that you should take your eyes off your worldly problems and stick them on Jesus. It's all about the Grace of God and understanding God's love for you. Focus on Jesus and everything else will fall into place. When you make HIM your #1 in life the blessings of God will hunt you down (in a good way) :) Faith is thinking well of God.

Look up Joseph Prince I believe he will really bless you.

H

HEknowsme

Ronnie,

Looking outside our own needs and giving time to others in our devotion to God brings us closer to God . Look at how Christ ministered to the needy . Missionary work is as simple as sharing“If you spend yourselves in behalf of the hungry and satisfy the needs of the oppressed, then your light will rise in the darkness.” Isaiah 58:10
Praying in all things hoping in all things.
Are you actively involved in doing the things that God wants you to do? If not, ask Him to show you what to do. Then be sure to do it, and watch His light shine!

…Let your gentle spirit be known to all men. The Lord is near. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:5-7
Prayer always brings us closer to Christ. Straight up. Stand firm in the gospel and enter into the peace of Christ.

Peace be with you.

T

TTS

Here is your straight answer, if you want to get closer to Jesus Christ, read his word (The Bible KJV). Maybe you should start reading the book of Phillipians.

Another thing, you could do to really get things going is pray for your wife or ex-wife. Maybe, you are angry with God, you are not the first and you certainly will not be the last. God Bless.

P

princeofpeace

Ronnie I think i know where youre coming from so let me put it ths way. This is gonna sound crazy to some but here goes anyways.....Let's pretend the Bible was written by a circus clown who committed several murders. Now Ronnie this means everything is basically made up right it cant be true, but this is what I want you to do. Read all of Matthew and see how Jesus Christ lives and ask yourself is this how every person should live on earth. If you believe it is does then does it really matter if it was written by a murderous circus clown. It is either the truth or it isn't. I'm telling you th truth the moment before i was saved i said I don't care if this Jesus is a made up character or not all i know is that this is how man should live. as soon as I came to this realisation I was saved, I was filled with the Holy spirit, and was filled with complete peace and love that I have never experienced in my entire life. After this it became quite evident that Jesus was real and that he is the God of this universe, but first i had to realise what i was lacking. I wasn't living like Christ. The bible seems very complicated at times I know but it all just reveals the simple fact that Christ is Life, now live like Him. The rest gets revealed to you once u make the 180 degree turn to Him

Last edited by a moderator:
E

ElizabethPeter

God knows the heart, and God knows who His people are long before they ever do. He looks for a seeking heart, a lost sheep, someone that is desperate for His help and unlike the world, they are willing to admit that. God reveals in the strangest ways, and through different kinds of people. You're looking for the truth. And many will claim that they know the truth. But in the end, it's better to have faith in God than to trust man. Rely on God, and not on man. Look for your answers in His word, with an open mind and an open heart with the help and guidance of the Holy Spirit. Then you'll see God's promises coming to pass your life. We can all claim to be close to God, but only God knows who is close to Him, and only those few will actually know. Like I said, the Lord reveals in the strangest ways. If you've any questions, pm me.

God bless you.