Why Come Here?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
good I’m glad I don’t want any more enemies here 😁 I’m actually gonna part for awhile and appreciate your posts here I enjoy them God bless icedaisy
Thank you. God bless you. Hope to see you back soon. :giggle: I know what you mean about feeling the need to take a break.
Sad though isn't it?[/QUOTE]

not really honestly I’m back to work and feel like I say too much at once often so was thinking it would be good to let it settle in anyone who may have been willing to hear whatever they found worth hearing

I have been here a lot over the last couple weeks , my dad was in icu and we have COVID restrictions where I can’t be there or in the waiting room

I’ve been worried so I had to just fill up on the word and prayer and make calls when I can he just got out PRAISE THE GOOD AND AWESOME LORD !!!! who answers us when we call out to him constantly

That’s really the reason I’ve been here so often lately whe. I stopped for long at all o was being attacked by the enemies lies and worries but it carried me through to stet emerged I. Scriptures and when I do that I can’t not share it somewhere

this place has been helpful through this time for sure I feel as if I’m becoming a point of contention for sins and don’t want that and I end up irritated ect and participate in the same ridiculous arguments so o can’t really claim I have t been part of it also

but I think God knows we’re trying to get right between each other even if we’re not wuote there yet as a group I will be reading all the great posts here and will be back when I’m able

I appreciate you and many others here for your patience with my foolishness and support whenever I recognize it

Onward Christian soldier

Icedaisey

Jul 19, 2021
Thank you. God bless you. Hope to see you back soon. :giggle: I know what you mean about feeling the need to take a break.
Sad though isn't it?
not really honestly I’m back to work and feel like I say too much at once often so was thinking it would be good to let it settle in anyone who may have been willing to hear whatever they found worth hearing

I have been here a lot over the last couple weeks , my dad was in icu and we have COVID restrictions where I can’t be there or in the waiting room

I’ve been worried so I had to just fill up on the word and prayer and make calls when I can he just got out PRAISE THE GOOD AND AWESOME LORD !!!! who answers us when we call out to him constantly

That’s really the reason I’ve been here so often lately whe. I stopped for long at all o was being attacked by the enemies lies and worries but it carried me through to stet emerged I. Scriptures and when I do that I can’t not share it somewhere

this place has been helpful through this time for sure I feel as if I’m becoming a point of contention for sins and don’t want that and I end up irritated ect and participate in the same ridiculous arguments so o can’t really claim I have t been part of it also

but I think God knows we’re trying to get right between each other even if we’re not wuote there yet as a group I will be reading all the great posts here and will be back when I’m able

I appreciate you and many others here for your patience with my foolishness and support whenever I recognize it

Onward Christian soldier[/QUOTE]Thank you for sharing that with us. Wise words.
I'm very glad to hear the blessed good news about your dad. Stay Blessed.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
Please don't believe that all are Christians here. You can tell the sheep from the wolves by the teeth. Scattering the flock, and attacking is what brings them here. Just hit ignore. That's the best solution.
And a very good solution. Our Lord lets them choose to be wolves, we should also allow them to choose this.

The Lord goes to great length to explain what God sees as murder and many who accept Christ as Savior so they are our brother and sister "murder" other Christians with their judgments. That takes God's grace and giving up self to take on Christ in order to handle.

wattie

Feb 24, 2009
New Zealand
I was ignorant when I came here. I wanted to study scripture calmly and in love and never dreamed that denominational Christians would lash out at me with such vehemence. There has been enough of that in my life and that is put away. There are hateful things that could be said about any group I've ever encountered. It feels awful to put people on ignore because what they say is offensive because someday they might say something of value. Some shout what they know because that is the way they learned it from the pulpit. Some of us have experienced so much hate and violence that Suicide "for me" once seemed the only choice. I'm not there now. I plead the blood of Jesus the Christ as my covering.

Perhaps I am not tough enough to remain here?
Here ... as in christianchat.com?

This site is all over the place with different types of christianity.. best not to put all your christian spiritual growth advice into this site!

Although that may not be what you mean. Do you mean here.. as in your local community?

Katia

Aug 29, 2021
PDX
Here ... as in christianchat.com?

This site is all over the place with different types of christianity.. best not to put all your christian spiritual growth advice into this site!

Although that may not be what you mean. Do you mean here.. as in your local community?
After considerable reflection, it seems clear that I am firmly non-denominational. Everything a Pastor says, I question. From here on, I will make strong use of the Ignore button. I want to know God and him more fully. The KJV is a flawed resource but It seems good enough to start me on my way. Most people are clueless about what an Abrahamic follower is. The Jews, the Christians, and the Muslims all claim Abraham. Perhaps it is not Abraham (Abram) but perhaps it is those who he encountered and destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah? The Priest of Salem, and Jesus the Christ are who I wish to cling to. Amen

Nov 26, 2012
After considerable reflection, it seems clear that I am firmly non-denominational. Everything a Pastor says, I question. From here on, I will make strong use of the Ignore button. I want to know God and him more fully. The KJV is a flawed resource but It seems good enough to start me on my way. Most people are clueless about what an Abrahamic follower is. The Jews, the Christians, and the Muslims all claim Abraham. Perhaps it is not Abraham (Abram) but perhaps it is those who he encountered and destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah? The Priest of Salem, and Jesus the Christ are who I wish to cling to. Amen
I understand where you’re coming from. There are many unanswered questions regarding the Christian faith. The KJV did a good job but not a perfect job translating Scripture from original meaning. To answer your title question directly, this is why to come here. People who question, like you and I, find each other. Perhaps you have answers I need and I have answers you need. Your “about” page claims you are unsure if you are Christian. What does being Christian mean to you?

Evmur

Feb 28, 2021
London
christianchat.com
I was ignorant when I came here. I wanted to study scripture calmly and in love and never dreamed that denominational Christians would lash out at me with such vehemence. There has been enough of that in my life and that is put away. There are hateful things that could be said about any group I've ever encountered. It feels awful to put people on ignore because what they say is offensive because someday they might say something of value. Some shout what they know because that is the way they learned it from the pulpit. Some of us have experienced so much hate and violence that Suicide "for me" once seemed the only choice. I'm not there now. I plead the blood of Jesus the Christ as my covering.

Jesus puts up with our bad manners too, more than that He loves us.

Katia

Aug 29, 2021
PDX
I understand where you’re coming from. There are many unanswered questions regarding the Christian faith. The KJV did a good job but not a perfect job translating Scripture from original meaning. To answer your title question directly, this is why to come here. People who question, like you and I, find each other. Perhaps you have answers I need and I have answers you need. Your “about” page claims you are unsure if you are Christian. What does being Christian mean to you?
If it were not for Jesus the Christ, I would be Muslim. They believe in Jesus but just not the Son of God. I love the modesty, the way of praying but sadly most Muslims rely on Mullahs or Imams to council them, just like most Christians rely on a Pastor. I believe in Jesus the Christ as the Son of God but am not Trinitarian. I reject the Christian idea that since the book of Acts, we can do almost anything we want to do.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
muslim belief is that God is so vast He is unknowable, Christ is the only begotten Son of God and the only way to be one with the Father, when we accept Him and make Him Lord of our lives He indwells us.
All others seem to promote works, that you can work your way to Heaven. NOT TRUE! There in is the lie of ALL the others.
blessings

wattie

Feb 24, 2009
New Zealand
If it were not for Jesus the Christ, I would be Muslim. They believe in Jesus but just not the Son of God. I love the modesty, the way of praying but sadly most Muslims rely on Mullahs or Imams to council them, just like most Christians rely on a Pastor. I believe in Jesus the Christ as the Son of God but am not Trinitarian. I reject the Christian idea that since the book of Acts, we can do almost anything we want to do.
So who do you believe are the Father and Holy Spirit?

In scripture....

'There are three that bare record in heaven, and these three are one'

'Let us make man in our image'

Jesus... 'before Abraham was I AM'

Katia

Aug 29, 2021
PDX
So who do you believe are the Father and Holy Spirit?

In scripture....

'There are three that bare record in heaven, and these three are one'

'Let us make man in our image'

Jesus... 'before Abraham was I AM'
I do not see the three as ONE. Matt 3:7 This is my Son in whom I am well pleased. For me, this clearly shows that they are two. The Holy Spirit is poorly defined, a point of confusion for me. 1 John 5:7 These three are one, for me simply shows that they agree on all things.

That is the way I see things and I do not demand that anyone agree with me. Call me rebellious if you wish.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Jesus teaches in John 16 that when Holy Spirit comes He will guide us in all truth for He will speak not on His own but what is given Him.

MatthewWestfieldUK

May 13, 2021
Candles are quiet. Dogs loudly bark when scared.
The world needs candles. Takes breaks or message people directly.
But don't go.

P

pottersclay

Tough enough...o saint just by confessing your weaknesses your stronger than most.
Are your replies and comments biblical? Are they scripture? Do they hold to foundational truth? If so .....have at it.
Jesus said we will be hated because he is hated so count your blessings...😜😜😜😜

laymen

Apr 6, 2014
faithlife.com

Gal 6:4 But let every person carefully scrutinize and examine and test his own conduct and his own work. He can then have the personal satisfaction and joy of doing something commendable [in itself alone] without [resorting to] boastful comparison with his neighbor.
5 For every person will have to bear (be equal to understanding and calmly receive) his own [little] load [of oppressive faults].
6 Let him who receives instruction in the Word [of God] share all good things with his teacher [contributing to his support].

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
I believe in Jesus the Christ as the Son of God but am not Trinitarian.
Not Trinitarian in the sense that Jesus is NOT God Himself?

Katia

Aug 29, 2021
PDX
Not Trinitarian in the sense that Jesus is NOT God Himself?
I just rely on scripture. "This is my Son in whom I am well pleased". The meaning is clear.

Katia

Aug 29, 2021
PDX
I've talked to Pastors and Priests about their experiences in Seminary. It was disillusioning.