Why did Almighty GOD not destroy/kill satan before Adam was created?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

Joey1964

Satan was kicked out of heaven before Adam was created, at least that is how I understand it. Of course I am not questening Almighty GOD's reason for letting him live, but I sometimes wonder why was he not destroyed/killed immediately. Is it because all creation will live forever, be it in heaven or in hell?

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
He will also say to those on the left hand,
‘Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels'
(Matthew 25:41)
This is the second death, the lake of fire
(Revelation 20:14)
a place is prepared for Satan.

the plain answer to your question is because it is the perfect thing to do, however trite it may sound: because God is perfect, and what He does is perfect.
so the real question is how is it good and perfect that man should be placed in time, and fall under sin, in a universe in which at the culmination of time, those who believe are redeemed, being saved by God laying His own life down in mercy towards them, defeating what had appeared to be the power of sin and death to separate God's creation from Himself & from life.

one aspect is apparent when we consider who's seeing all this happen. all the angels, who had witnessed Satan's rebellion. they see all of time played out; they are watching from beginning to end what the LORD does. so all of time is like a courtroom, and Satan's accusations against God are heard, he is allowed to present his case against God, and it is refuted. the salvation of man is the refutation of "the lie" of Satan - essentially Satan charges that there is no solution to 'the problem of sin' and Christ, the Lamb slain from the foundation, is revealed as the very solution: He is Salvation.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Satan was kicked out of heaven before Adam was created, at least that is how I understand it. Of course I am not questening Almighty GOD's reason for letting him live, but I sometimes wonder why was he not destroyed/killed immediately. Is it because all creation will live forever, be it in heaven or in hell?
excellent question :)

CS1

May 23, 2012
this is a good question which many have answered or tried to. God loves to make an open show of all other gods or those who think they are God /a god. As the devil did. Yes, the angel knows as Lucifer fell before the creation of man.

The ultimate slap in the face to Satan is the creation of man. God was not caught off guard by the devil's rebellion and his angels.

The devil thought he did something in helping the fall of man as the devil knows much about falling.

Yet the plan of God was to always be the one to save HIS creation man. The devil hates us because God did for us what HE would not do for the devil, save him from the payment of his sin to GOD.
The devil aka satan which means adversary of God and HE is the Accuser of the US trying to find a weakness in God's word and truth.

The devil fully expects God to do to us what HE did to Satan, and it drives him crazy to know God will never forgive him as God will forgive the man who places their trust in Christ's payment on the Cross.

The devil has no hope, we do, he has no salvation, we do, and he has no peace, we do.

We were created for God's good pleasure and to make a show of the devil openly. The only thing the devil has is deception and lies. he is a murderer and the father of lies. Jesus defeated HIM and now time is very short.

Aaron56

Jul 12, 2021
God's plan from the beginning was to live, by His Spirit, within the temple not made with hands: the temple constructed of living stones, of which we (believers) are part. By this, we have fellowship with Him.

He also ordained that the ekklesia (church) would put on display the vast wisdom of God to the witness of men and the principalities and powers in the heavenly places.

For reference:

"Coming to Him as to a living stone, rejected indeed by men, but chosen by God and precious, you also, as living stones, are being built up a spiritual house, a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ."

"..and to make all see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the ages has been hidden in God who created all things through Jesus Christ; to the intent that now the manifold wisdom of God might be made known by the church to the principalities and powers in the heavenly places, according to the eternal purpose which He accomplished in Christ Jesus our Lord..."

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Many ponder and even rail against God while pondering the question of evil, and
seeing how fully corrupt humanity is can be quite daunting and extremely discouraging
at times, and yet it remains, that suffering is often a cause of people turning to God,
and His revealed written Word proclaims His faithfulness in rewarding those who seek Him.

It is also fairly widely and/or generally accepted that man, were he without the ability to
choose, would simply be a puppet, rather like a hostage taken captive for love, though there
is a paradox, for clearly God chooses us for salvation before we ever choose to love God.

James 4:8 + Psalm 34:18:)

Jul 16, 2021
Good question!
I certainly agree with Posthuman that God is perfect and everything he does is without sin. He has the right to make the decisions He wants to as creator. His questioning of Job in chapter 38 is good place to go to remind us that we did not give Him counsel when He formed the universe. He does not require our advice in deciding how to provide.
I also believe that God allowed Satan and his demons to survive (live seems antithetical to the idea of hell) because he wanted mankind to make a free choice to worship Him or not. He gave that choice to Satan and his followers and to us because He wants willing faith and grateful service. Glorify, praising and serving God was the angels reasonable response to their creator Lord. Not eating of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil was an act of worship by Adam and Eve. Faith, respect and love for God willingly doing what the creator had every right to expect.
God does not want robots, people fearfully or reluctantly believing in and worshipping Him. This love is the fulfillment of the Law. See Deuteronomy, Jesus' words and Saint Paul. Deuteronomy 6:4-7, Matthew 22:37-40, Mark 12:30-31, Luke 10:27; Romans 13:10.

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
My best of reasoning says it is related to the free will of mankind. God wanted humans to have the ability to truly love Him. True love comes from choice. The Devil was also given free will to obey or disobey. God saw all of this before it all occurred. He used the Devils rebellion against him and as a tool for seeing who will seek to be righteous/ holy. As sin can not be in the place of a all holy perfect God. It is a way to separate the goats from the lambs. The weeds from the wheat, the dead branches from the vine. He is working amidst the evil to bring about good and patiently waiting for the full number of believers who He has foreseen. Then once the Devil has no more people to corrupt as the full number of believers have been saved, God will bring eternal judgment on the Devil.

Aaron56

Jul 12, 2021
If I may: all angels are ministering servants. As members of the house of God, the angels were likewise charged with serving the saints. This was intolerable to the devil who declared: "I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God".

oyster67

May 24, 2014
In order for man to choose to follow the Lord, men must have a choice to choose from.

Joshua 24:15 And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that [were] on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
If I may: all angels are ministering servants. As members of the house of God, the angels were likewise charged with serving the saints. This was intolerable to the devil who declared: "I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God".
Was/is Satan not also an angel?

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
Satan was kicked out of heaven before Adam was created, at least that is how I understand it.
No satan was not banished from heaven before Adam was created.. If you read the book of Job you will read that satan had access to the throne room of God in heaven at the times of Job..

Job 1: KJV
6 "¶ Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them. {7} And the LORD said unto Satan, Whence comest thou? Then Satan answered the LORD, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it."

Of course I am not questening Almighty GOD's reason for letting him live, but I sometimes wonder why was he not destroyed/killed immediately.
Satan made a claim to Godhood.. Now God knows that satan and the angels cannot be Gods equal to God.. They are created beings.. Now God could have destroyed satan on the spot.. But would the heavenly host ( the angels ) have believed that's claim was false simply because God destroyed him??? Would the angels have thought that satans claim was right and that God because of his awesome power eliminated satan to unjustly shut him down and from that moment on God would only rule them through fear of destruction??

God chose to make a demonstration a stage where the claims of satan to Godhood could be tested and shown to be false.. That stage was the Universe and we humans play our roles in this revelation of the truth.. That God is perfect and justified to be the one and only God of all existence and that satan's claim to Godhood has no legitimacy..

For our part we live here for a short time we suffer what we suffer we enjoy what we enjoy and we decide to believe God or believe satan.. And then comes eternity where we shall spend it either with God or with satan depending on whom we believe and trust..

Is it because all creation will live forever, be it in heaven or in hell?

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Satan was not destroyed immediately because of an express purpose of God that has yet to be fulfilled.

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
It is the deepest answer there is . . . there is an Eternal, pre-written Plan:

Ephesians 3:11 NLT - "This was his eternal plan, which he carried out through Christ Jesus our Lord."

We must know this Plan. If we don't know of this Plan, how can we say that we know the Gospel?

ewq1938

Oct 18, 2018
Satan was kicked out of heaven before Adam was created, at least that is how I understand it.
Satan was not kicked out of heaven before Adam was created since he was seen in heaven in the book of Job and even spoke to God. Satan is kicked out of heaven after a war in heaven in Revelation 12. That's LONG after the death and ascension of Christ, and some unknown time before the Great Tribulation begins but it says he has a short time.

Rev 12:7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,
Rev 12:8 And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.
Rev 12:9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
Rev 12:10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.
Rev 12:11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.
Rev 12:12 Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.
Rev 12:13 And when the dragon saw that he was cast unto the earth, he persecuted the woman which brought forth the man child.
Rev 12:14 And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent.
Rev 12:15 And the serpent cast out of his mouth water as a flood after the woman, that he might cause her to be carried away of the flood.
Rev 12:16 And the earth helped the woman, and the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed up the flood which the dragon cast out of his mouth.
Rev 12:17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
Satan was not kicked out of heaven before Adam was created since he was seen in heaven in the book of Job and even spoke to God. Satan is kicked out of heaven after a war in heaven in Revelation 12. That's LONG after the death and ascension of Christ, and some unknown time before the Great Tribulation begins but it says he has a short time.

Rev 12:7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,
Rev 12:8 And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.
Rev 12:9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
Rev 12:10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.
Rev 12:11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.
Rev 12:12 Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.
Rev 12:13 And when the dragon saw that he was cast unto the earth, he persecuted the woman which brought forth the man child.
Rev 12:14 And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent.
Rev 12:15 And the serpent cast out of his mouth water as a flood after the woman, that he might cause her to be carried away of the flood.
Rev 12:16 And the earth helped the woman, and the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed up the flood which the dragon cast out of his mouth.
Rev 12:17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.
Would you say that the Devil has access to both earth and Heaven simultaneously?

ewq1938

Oct 18, 2018
If Satan is kicked out of Heaven in Revelations 12, is the Devil in Heaven now?

That would depend on when that kicking out happens. IMO it was in the recent past but it could also be yet in the future.