Why did god create dinosaurs and cavemen?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

Tintin

Why try to reconcile evolution with God's Word?

Oct 14, 2013
I talk about this in the chat room with voice. Its not always easy to convey a message the right way here. And its a lot of typing. That's why i like the chat room
what your favaourite dinasour anyway ?

Oct 31, 2011
The atmosphere of the earth was much different before the flood than it is now. The world was covered with mist, for instance. The air quality had to be much different. Now, doctors are using chambers that change pressure and air quality to heal such as cancers and burns. Animals could have grown differently in that atmosphere. Certainly, men achieved ages unheard of today.

King David talked of living in a cave for awhile. The 100 prophets lived in caves to escape Jezebel. Lot lived in a cave with his two daughters.

Oct 14, 2013
The atmosphere of the earth was much different before the flood than it is now. The world was covered with mist, for instance. The air quality had to be much different. Now, doctors are using chambers that change pressure and air quality to heal such as cancers and burns. Animals could have grown differently in that atmosphere. Certainly, men achieved ages unheard of today.

King David talked of living in a cave for awhile. The 100 prophets lived in caves to escape Jezebel. Lot lived in a cave with his two daughters.
God cut man lifespan but not the animals ? why ?

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
Yes, the behemoth isn't an elephant or hippopotamus. They would've been well-known. Also, while large they're not especially large like the behemoth. And the leviathan wasn't a crocodile, it was something far greater.
Leviathan was probably something nasty, dangerous, and poisonous... it must have lived in Australia.

T

Tintin

Yes, long ago, we had a giant goanna (monitor lizard) called the Megalania prisca, which grew up to 9 metres in length.

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
Yes, long ago, we had a giant goanna (monitor lizard) called the Megalania prisca, which grew up to 9 metres in length.
Nothing could grow up to 9 meters in America...

we don't have meters here.

R

reject-tech

As far as the dinos go

Some say they were created and died before man was created (that the creation days are not 24 hour periods)
Some say they lived with man (this would also mean the days were not 24 hours, and/or that they became extinct much later than scientists say)
Some say they never existed (hard for me to believe that one)

The point of the dinosaur fossils is this -
God made dinosaurs and left nothing but bones, to see how you personally will deal with conflicting theories.
It's to see if you will believe anything you hear, or ponder ways that it all fits together. Whether or not you ever come to the right conclusion or any conclusion at all on some things doesn't matter so much as the fact that you search for answers.
That ability is a simple reminder that you are above animals.

And if you need the dinosaur answer to "prove" or "disprove" God, then you are chasing an aspect of God instead of God Himself. And it's really rare that you can "convert" anyone with it, be it to God or away from God.

I don't worry about it too much, but my guess is that they were made and died on day five with their remnants overlapping with man on day six. Long "day" theory.

Oct 14, 2013
Leviathan was probably something nasty, dangerous, and poisonous... it must have lived in Australia.
Do you think the continents always existed or was there one whole giant landmass

Oct 14, 2013
As far as the dinos go

Some say they were created and died before man was created (that the creation days are not 24 hour periods)
Some say they lived with man (this would also mean the days were not 24 hours, and/or that they became extinct much later than scientists say)
Some say they never existed (hard for me to believe that one)

The point of the dinosaur fossils is this -
God made dinosaurs and left nothing but bones, to see how you personally will deal with conflicting theories.
It's to see if you will believe anything you hear, or ponder ways that it all fits together. Whether or not you ever come to the right conclusion or any conclusion at all on some things doesn't matter so much as the fact that you search for answers.
That ability is a simple reminder that you are above animals.

And if you need the dinosaur answer to "prove" or "disprove" God, then you are chasing an aspect of God instead of God Himself. And it's really rare that you can "convert" anyone with it, be it to God or away from God.

I don't worry about it too much, but my guess is that they were made and died on day five with their remnants overlapping with man on day six. Long "day" theory.

This is why it is discusss long day watttttttttt

T

Tintin

Do you think the continents always existed or was there one whole giant landmass
I'm not sure, but the worldwide flood would've affected the landmasses greatly. Creation scientists believe that roughly 70 percent of the earth was land and 30 percent water, before the Flood. Since the Flood, that ratio has more or less been reversed.

T

TaylorTG

@Caiden
That was a really informative thread! That's crazy about the dragons and stuff, and it makes a lot of sense. I wonder why god killed them
If dragons and dinosaurs really did roam through this Earth, then it would make prefect sense that God would kill them all before he would create us humans.

I for one would never want to see a T-rex smacking down my front door.

Why did God bother to create these creatures anyway? I assume God knew that us humans would be curious about our environments, including the deep underground. God probably let these dinosaurs and dragons roam the Earth with the intention of us being able to find fossils and such in the far future, thus enjoying our discoveries.

Any other theories?

S

Sonpointer

I don't get why this matters. Even if evolution does exist, who started it? Even an accidental collision that started all of creation had to be placed there by somebody. That would be God. We don't exist in a vacuum, and we don't come from a vacuum. Or a mop. :)

T

TaylorTG

@Sonpointer
According to the Big bang theory, our universe came about from a group of gaseous explosions. Scientists have yet to prove the source of these gaseous explosions, correct?

answer to me: That's because those gases came from another universe.
my reply: And where did that other universe come from?
answer to me: another explosion of gases, duh.
my reply: how did the first universe come about then?
(Awaiting reply)

2Thewaters

There are no cavemen.
They are fiction drawings from a tooth they found

T

TaylorTG

@2Thewaters
Nonsense! Humans have obviously took shelter in caves at some period in time. We're the only animals that can draw, and today's archaeologists found drawings on the walls in caves.

Using caves as outposts as a smart move by our ancient ancestors. Our enemies would be forced to dive into the caves to catch us, and they would fall directly into our traps.

R

reject-tech

This is why it is discusss long day watttttttttt
Well, He could have made it all in literal 24 hour days, and seeded it with objects like dinosaur bones and things that carbon date to long ages just to make it look billions of years old and muck with scientists that want to disprove Him and substitute evolution for creation.
I don't have a problem with that.

For that matter, we could have all been created 1 second ago pre-loaded with memories of things that never happened, in the midst of physical objects that never existed.
But somehow I doubt it.

Regardless of the time factor, what spiritual growth that changes the heart comes from the creation story?
When I stopped reading it the same way I did dozens of times before and began to look for something that explains me and other people, I started finding better things. I no longer fret over dinosaurs and whether or not Adam had a protruding jaw and hairy back. :p

Nothing could grow up to 9 meters in America...

we don't have meters here.
Ever notice that "American Standard" toilets list liters per flush before gallons per flush? :mad:

Huckleberry

Aug 25, 2013
I'm wondering if anyone can explain why god made dinosaurs and cavemen?
The word "dinosaur" was coined in 1841 by a British paleontologist named Sir Richard Owen. Prior to that, giant lizards were historically referred to as "dragons". Dinosaurs and dragons are the same animal.

Here's some good reading:
Dinosaurs and the Bible - Answers in Genesis

"Cavemen" are simply men who dwelt in caves.
They were not "prehistoric".
There is no such thing as "prehistoric".
The Bible gives us History from "the beginning".
There are probably people living in caves today.
Heck, I'd live in a cave, but my wife wants drywall and paint, so there's that.

R

reject-tech

Heck, I'd live in a cave, but my wife wants drywall and paint, so there's that.
Would be pretty awesome and "beardly" wouldn't it.

Hey, you can have relatively dry walls and paint all kinds of things in a cave.
Make her a promise and start packing. lol.

T

TaylorTG

@Huckleberry
I wouldn't live in a cave, but I sure would want to camp inside one.

Many thanks for providing that link to: 'answeringenesis'