Why did the Most High God create sin?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Mem

Sep 23, 2014
I was given the better phrase I referred to earlier in regard to my hesitance to agree that God is "responsible for" everything. I am most confident, rather, in saying that God "is involved" in everything, including dealing with sin by way of creating evil as sin involves evil but evil doesn't necessarily involve sin. I think the confusion enters in when some see evil as an adjective while others view it as a noun. For example, although man may be evil (adjective) by sinning God's is not evil (adjective) that He would bring sin upon men nor for bringing evil (noun) upon men because of sin. No, He is good in doing so (justice), and exceedingly abundant in goodness in refraining from doing so (mercy). But to in order to to deny any personal responsibility for sin, the God given gift of free will has to be reduced to nonexistent. Yet, receiving God's grace involves acknowledgment of our sin and need for the mercy of the evil (adjective and noun) Christ endured (justice) for us (mercy). The evil Jesus endured involved none of His own sin. This might qualify in saying He took responsibility for our sin, but then that would equate to us taking responsibility for our righteousness, and that just doesn't sit right... so there is definitely something just off about putting it that way.

soberxp

May 3, 2018
IF you create T-800 for home work,then T-800 kill you, will you say that you create Evil ?
God has never created evil. Evil comes from ourselves.
God should not be understood to create evil just because he created the tree of good and evil.
In terms of the concept of time,seems as Double slit interference experiment.
The results have been made before observation.the tree of good and evil has been made before we fall.
God's plan for salvation has been start before eat The fruit of the tree of good and evil.
God is truly omniscient and omnipotent,
Almighty god, have mercy on us.
God is good!

Rondonmon

May 13, 2016
Oh, ok. So how does your favorite translation phrase Isaiah 45:7?
It's not about a FAVORITE, I don't trust men, the KJV was translated by English gents, who tried very hard, but if they got things wrong 3 percent of the time it's still wrong. The Hebrew language had only 4000 words. They use one word and it might have 50 different meaning (no kidding) YOWM doesn't;t really mean Day, now it's used for Day (of course) more than a month, year, Season or X Period of time, because days are discussed more. But whenever YOWM is used, the writer is speaking about a TIME PERIOD IN GENERAL, and one has to fill in the blank, or the writer does it for you, som just because a YOWM is used, it doesn't;t mean DAY....it can mean Month, Year, or in the Creation of the Universe, billions of years, the first YOWM had to last 9.2 billion years because from the time the Universe was created 13.7 billion years ago unto the Earth was formed 4.5 billion years ago, was a 9.2 Billion year gap. So, the FIRST YOWM (period of time( was 9.2 billion years). Moses had no way of understanding how to fill in the blank, so it's just a YOWM unexplained, but now we know the time gap don't we? Thus the FIRST YOWM lasted 9.2 billion years etc.

You seem t take the English and really trust it, I trust the original Authors INTENT, not the translator's translations. The Original author Isaiah was a man of God, the translators might have been drunks for all we know

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
It's not about a FAVORITE, I don't trust men, the KJV was translated by English gents, who tried very hard, but if they got things wrong 3 percent of the time it's still wrong. The Hebrew language had only 4000 words. They use one word and it might have 50 different meaning (no kidding) YOWM doesn't;t really mean Day, now it's used for Day (of course) more than a month, year, Season or X Period of time, because days are discussed more. But whenever YOWM is used, the writer is speaking about a TIME PERIOD IN GENERAL, and one has to fill in the blank, or the writer does it for you, som just because a YOWM is used, it doesn't;t mean DAY....it can mean Month, Year, or in the Creation of the Universe, billions of years, the first YOWM had to last 9.2 billion years because from the time the Universe was created 13.7 billion years ago unto the Earth was formed 4.5 billion years ago, was a 9.2 Billion year gap. So, the FIRST YOWM (period of time( was 9.2 billion years). Moses had no way of understanding how to fill in the blank, so it's just a YOWM unexplained, but now we know the time gap don't we? Thus the FIRST YOWM lasted 9.2 billion years etc.

You seem t take the English and really trust it, I trust the original Authors INTENT, not the translator's translations. The Original author Isaiah was a man of God, the translators might have been drunks for all we know
You've made yourself very clear. You don't need to attempt to teach me anything in the future. Thank you.

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
Ohhh. what a nice Christian attitude we have this Sunday morning.
And the creepy attitude above that you have displayed is why you don't need to teach me anything again. If fact, I'll sweep the dust of you off of my feet as well and cast you into the Ignore List . . . something that Paul taught me to do.

oyster67

May 24, 2014
And yes, that means all y'all are perverts...
Yup. That's why we need to yield to the Spirit's leading and control. Oh, how I long for that day when I shall be glorified.

James
4:1 From whence [come] wars and fightings among you? [come they] not hence, [even] of your lusts that war in your members?
4:2 Ye lust, and have not: ye kill, and desire to have, and cannot obtain: ye fight and war, yet ye have not, because ye ask not.
4:3 Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume [it] upon your lusts.
4:4 Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.
4:5 Do ye think that the scripture saith in vain, The spirit that dwelleth in us lusteth to envy?
4:6 But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.
4:7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
4:8 Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse [your] hands, [ye] sinners; and purify [your] hearts, [ye] double minded.
4:9 Be afflicted, and mourn, and weep: let your laughter be turned to mourning, and [your] joy to heaviness.
4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.
4:11 Speak not evil one of another, brethren. He that speaketh evil of [his] brother, and judgeth his brother, speaketh evil of the law, and judgeth the law: but if thou judge the law, thou art not a doer of the law, but a judge.

oyster67

May 24, 2014
And the creepy attitude above that you have displayed is why you don't need to teach me anything again. If fact, I'll sweep the dust of you off of my feet as well and cast you into the Ignore List . . . something that Paul taught me to do.
Oh my!:eek: Where have I heard that one before?:unsure:

oyster67

May 24, 2014
That's a rather interesting thing to assume, and falsely judge, from a "Senior member."

To the ignore list you go for such a harsh attitude. Good luck to ya.
What does one do when he runs out of people to ignore?

oyster67

May 24, 2014
It's pretty simple, a Holy God doesn't create Evil, God being eternal and Holy means Evil has always existed. It's the opposite of God, it's just that simple.
Evil is not opposite God. Evil is under God, just like everything else is...

Isaiah
45:5 I [am] the LORD, and [there is] none else, [there is] no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me:
45:6 That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that [there is] none beside me. I [am] the LORD, and [there is] none else.
45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these [things].
45:8 Drop down, ye heavens, from above, and let the skies pour down righteousness: let the earth open, and let them bring forth salvation, and let righteousness spring up together; I the LORD have created it.
45:9 Woe unto him that striveth with his Maker! [Let] the potsherd [strive] with the potsherds of the earth. Shall the clay say to him that fashioneth it, What makest thou? or thy work, He hath no hands?
45:10 Woe unto him that saith unto [his] father, What begettest thou? or to the woman, What hast thou brought forth?

oyster67

May 24, 2014
us modern guys who have computers, we can study these things like no Generation before us, we have it made.
It is the Holy Spirit, not computers, that gives a man understanding in discerning the written Word of God.. There is nothing wrong with your KJV. It simply verifies and validates and testifies of the complete and total sovereignty of our Maker.

oyster67

May 24, 2014
God is Light, and in Him is no darkness
Yes, true, but He created darkness as well. God is over all...

Isaiah
45:5 I [am] the LORD, and [there is] none else, [there is] no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me:
45:6 That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that [there is] none beside me. I [am] the LORD, and [there is] none else.
45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these [things].
45:8 Drop down, ye heavens, from above, and let the skies pour down righteousness: let the earth open, and let them bring forth salvation, and let righteousness spring up together; I the LORD have created it.
45:9 Woe unto him that striveth with his Maker! [Let] the potsherd [strive] with the potsherds of the earth. Shall the clay say to him that fashioneth it, What makest thou? or thy work, He hath no hands?
45:10 Woe unto him that saith unto [his] father, What begettest thou? or to the woman, What hast thou brought forth?

Gardenias

Oct 27, 2020
U.S.A.
God gave the LAW to the OT to REVEAL sin,it is still our taskmaster. Jesus brought abundant GRACE to take the PENALTY of sin !

oyster67

May 24, 2014
the first YOWM had to last 9.2 billion years because from the time the Universe was created 13.7 billion years ago unto the Earth was formed 4.5 billion years ago, was a 9.2 Billion year gap. So, the FIRST YOWM (period of time( was 9.2 billion years). Moses had no way of understanding how to fill in the blank, so it's just a YOWM unexplained, but now we know the time gap don't we? Thus the FIRST YOWM lasted 9.2 billion years etc.
Another victim of Scofield's "Bible". (and, of course, the evil one's of this world that successfully tempted him to compromise.)

BigSky2021

Apr 23, 2021
I have some ideas about all of this but it's very "meta" and contains some conjecture and interpretations.

"In the Beginning. . . " I read this as "Beginning (of the Current Age)". There have been previous Ages.

"the Earth was without form and void" Void of all life, due to the previous Judgement (of the previous Age) which wiped the slate clean

Consider what Jesus said regarding the Saints' glorified bodies at the Resurrection of the Dead:

ResLikeAngels.png

Pure conjecture on my part, but I entertain a belief that the Saints and good Angels will see the Earth become "without form and void" (again) and witness the birth of a new Age. A new Heaven and new Earth.

Perhaps then, the Angels good and bad (demons) including Lucifer, were surviving remnants judged worth to remain in Heaven after the last Age/Judgement/Creation before "inequity was found" in (some of) them.

Created beings will always carry the potential for inequity. But seems that there is a "pruning" process that occurrs periodically. This theme is found with Noah and the Flood and carries into Revelation of the End of the Current Age. My conjecture is that this occurred in a past (pre-Creation) Age also.

- my $0.02

oyster67

May 24, 2014
Ohhh. what a nice Christian attitude we have this Sunday morning.
I love you, brother. I was just bringing out the point that when modern science conflicts with God's Word, God's Word is always true. A morning is always a morning. An evening is always and evening, and a day is always a day. You can always trust that your KJV is true. You can always trust that the deceiver that deceives this world today is a liar...

Romans
3:3 For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect?
3:4 God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.