Why do Calvinists believe things the bible doesnt say ?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
And, again, none of these scriptures implies let alone explicitly states any "ability " of natural man to "make a free-will choice" for Jesus. There simply are none such scriptures. And who can "do truth" and come to the light but the children of God? None else can or will.
Without free will, where does evil come from?

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
Here is a quick answer.
https://www.gotquestions.org/free-will.html
I also have about 4 other threads that I have debated in great detail.
God has free will. We were created in His image. Lucifer also chose to rebel. God gave Adam and Eve a choice. God chose the nation of Israel but disobedience and Prophet after prophet called them to repent and choose the 1 and only God. Joshua tells the Jews to choose on that day which God they would follow. Then scripture after scripture in the NT calls for repentance and belief which is redundant if they couldn't choose.

God wishes all of mankind to be saved. Is God powerless to do so? Or we have a choice. Christ died for all of mankind but not all are saved. Leaving a choice. God draws all men so that none are without excuse. How are none without excuse if they didn't have a choice?

How are people accountable to sin, if no choice? God's Spirit first draws mankind because we were wicked and dead to sin, no one would respond. Out of foreknowledge, God knows the elect. God predestined a plan of salvation that came to be through Jesus Christ.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
And, again, none of these scriptures implies let alone explicitly states any "ability " of natural man to "make a free-will choice" for Jesus. There simply are none such scriptures. And who can "do truth" and come to the light but the children of God? None else can or will.
I would love to see from calvinists verses that SAY what you believe / teach , and not Just syllogism and inference ?

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
Why do Calvinists believe things the bible doesnt say ?

Perhaps for the same reason

Arminians believe things the bible doesn't say.
Arminius was a Calvinist. Arminianism is wrong for the same reasons Calvinism is wrong . Jacob never quite made his way out of Augustines theology .

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Arminius was a Calvinist. Arminianism is wrong for the same reasons Calvinism is wrong . Jacob never quite made his way out of Augustines theology .
What are you, and do you or any of us have perfect doctrine?

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
I'm trying to not Join any ism or be influenced by any .
Well, if you manage to gather enough followers like Luther or Calvin did, people will end up calling it 'Throughfaithism'. lol

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
Well, if you manage to gather enough followers like Luther or Calvin did, people will end up calling it 'Throughfaithism'. lol
God forbid . Its the bible every time. Its all im trying to point to .

Platosgal

Mar 17, 2020
My guess is no one on this thread has read the Institutes of Christianity or any of Calvins writings
My guess is neither has any
Folk who say they are " Calvin- ists"

My suggestion is
Instead of finding all the nit picking
Difference
We all go the reality that no one really knows much more than
John 3:16
Intellectual banter will not save the lost
Neither will Christians fighting over
Details of unseen concepts
Only
Faith
Hope
And
Love
( According to Agustine) is answer

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
My guess is no one on this thread has read the Institutes of Christianity or any of Calvins writings

My suggestion is
Instead of finding all the nit picking
Difference
We all go the reality that no one really knows much more than
John 3:16
Intellectual banter will not save the lost
Neither will Christians fighting over
Details of unseen concepts
Only
Faith
Hope
And
Love
( According to Agustine) is answer
Its far simpler than that . Check if the bible says Any of the TULIP . The message to the lost is that Jesus has died for ALL . There's no good news in Calvinism.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
I've read most of it and notice the topic of Predestination doesn't come up until Book III.
Judging by the way Reformed Baptists speak (which are not true Calvinists), you'd think it was in Book I of the Institutes.
Also have read The Belgic, Heidelberg, Westminster and the 1689. But it really proves little.

Platosgal

Mar 17, 2020
Its far simpler than that . Check if the bible says Any of the TULIP . The message to the lost is that Jesus has died for ALL . There's no good news in Calvinism.
TULIP is not a Calvin idea
Its American