Why do christian women prefer a atheist/muslim husband?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
Uhh they don't? I haven't seen this at all. Wondering if this thread is trolling...
Yeah I was thinking the same thing. I'm pretty sure this isn't happening. So like you said, it kind of comes across as a troll post

Oct 23, 2022
Yeah I was thinking the same thing. I'm pretty sure this isn't happening. So like you said, it kind of comes across as a troll post
not trolling. thats how it is where i live, Sweden.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
Well it's my understanding that Sweden is they mostly secular country and they also have a lot of Muslim immigrants so maybe that's all that's available?

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
Almost Heaven West Virginia
KJ91,

I can understand that. That happens in America/ states too. It's more common than people care to admit. There are children that grow up in a "Christian" home that convert to all kinds of religions, including the Muslim sects. Your country is even more secular, so It stands to reason that there is a higher percentage of atheists and Muslims if they are welcome to settle there. We used to have wealthy Saudis that entered years ago that went to our colleges. I worked with a possible "christian" who had a Muslim boyfriend. The girl was planning on going into full time Christian service after graduation from Bible college. That's just one personal example.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
are you assuming christian women are not the prettiest?

hmmmm

sorry ladies. i apologise on behalf of men and say you are pretty
No such assumptions are being made.. Are you trying to get me in big trouble?? :ROFL:

Oct 23, 2022
Well it's my understanding that Sweden is they mostly secular country and they also have a lot of Muslim immigrants so maybe that's all that's available?
more like, if there is a place where there is christians, muslims and atheists, then women will prefer the muslims and ateist over christians.

we have around as many christians in Sweden as we have muslims and atheists.

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
Almost Heaven West Virginia
more like, if there is a place where there is christians, muslims and atheists, then women will prefer the muslims and ateist over christians.

Do you know how the statisticians defined Christian?

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011

How are you arriving at this data. How do you know anyone is atheist unless they tell you

ChrisTillinen

Sep 16, 2022

So is it "women" collectively that prefer Muslims and atheists over Christians? Or even the subsection of women who identify as Christian?

I'll assume that you think this holds even for Christian women since that's what you seemed to indicate earlier. Hmm, even though I'm from the neighboring country of Finland, I'm not that intimately familiar with everything that goes on in Sweden. Just based on my general impressions, I would suspect that the average Swedish Christian woman tends to be politically left-wing (certainly by American standards, probably even by Nordic standards). So perhaps there could be an element of "self-hate" with some Swedish Christian women, and it could then get redirected toward white Swedish Christian men in particular. It doesn't even have to be completely internalized. In a country that is heavily leftist and has only a minority (even if a relatively sizeable minority) of Christians, there can be social pressures from the non-Christians within the Christian women's circle of friends, etc.

Another factor to consider: the more conservative Christian women probably marry at a younger age on average than the leftist-liberal Christian ones. So they will be in the dating pool for a shorter period of time, and this can create a sort of biased perspective on the views of the total population of Christian women. There's also the phenomenon that on average, women tend to marry either "up" or at their own level (in terms of social status, etc) whereas men tend to marry either at their own level or "down". So probably many of the men who are left in the dating pool for longer periods are the ones who are (rightly or wrongly) considered "less desirable" by women in general. Many of the "most desirable" Christian men may be already married to the marriage-minded conservative Christian women.

So putting all of this together, it could be that there are enough factors in play to make your observations more believable than I initially thought. So I don't think I'm quite as skeptical of your claim now. Still I suspect there may be some level of exaggeration as to how common this is, but I could be wrong.

None of this is meant to say that I approve the prejudices that single Swedish Christian women may have against single Swedish men. I'm just trying to understand the phenomenon. Just on the basis of what I know about the situation in Finland, probably the vast majority of single Christian women who are serious about their faith would prefer a Christian man (all other things being equal). But they may be more open to dating non-Christians than in some other countries. As for women who are less serious about their faith but still identify as Christian, the partner's faith or lack thereof may be close to a non-issue but still most of them wouldn't actively prefer a non-Christian man, at least if they haven't had bad experiences dating Christian men.

Ilive4Jesus

Apr 30, 2022
Extremly many christian women are married with a non-christian man. Why cant christian women wait until the right christian man show up and marry him? Why are christian women so desperate to getting married so
fast?
:unsure: Maybe they don't want a virgin husband?
Maybe they want a man who is "experienced" and who "other women want/like" too?