Why do Christians believe in a place of torment called Hell?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Evmur

Feb 28, 2021
London
christianchat.com
I believe this is when the wailing and gnashing of teeth happens among the unbelievers (who are called the dead even as resurrected beings), who will surely know what fate awaits them. As Paul said, It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God. How long judgment itself takes is anybody's guess. We are told that all is exposed and laid bare. Gosh, for how many people??? Millions? Billions? LOL. Not that this is a laughing matter, no. It could take as we say in our modern vernacular, "forever." Believers have nothing to fear in the judgment, for our sins have already been dealt with, and it is only our works for the Lord which are weighed. I found it odd (and illogical!) that non-believers would complain about being barred from "heaven," as if they thought God should allow them entry into His house when they deny His very existence!
The whole church once believed that when Jesus comes He comes to reign for a 1, 000 years but in the 4th century the church decided to drop the teaching in favour of Amillennialism .

Re-discovering the Millennial doctrine has opened a whole new understanding of the 2nd coming for me, I am set FREE from believing that millions and millions of human souls will spend eternity in hell. The wicked will go there.

Because when He comes next He comes not to judge but to take us home and to deal with sin and to begin to reign in righteousness from Jerusalem ... and the rest of mankind can come in.

After the 1, 000 years comes the resurrection of the living and the dead and we come with Him to judge. Therefore.

Therefore the church cannot be those who are represented by the sheeps on His right hand, we are already saved and will have been with Him for a 1, 000 years. We are represented by "these My brethren"

Those sheeps are the meek who shall inherit the earth ... the goats represent the wicked and they are a minority.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
The whole church once believed that when Jesus comes He comes to reign for a 1, 000 years but in the 4th century the church decided to drop the teaching in favour of Amillennialism .

Re-discovering the Millennial doctrine has opened a whole new understanding of the 2nd coming for me, I am set FREE from believing that millions and millions of human souls will spend eternity in hell. The wicked will go there.

Because when He comes next He comes not to judge but to take us home and to deal with sin and to begin to reign in righteousness from Jerusalem ... and the rest of mankind can come in.

After the 1, 000 years comes the resurrection of the living and the dead and we come with Him to judge. Therefore.

Therefore the church cannot be those who are represented by the sheeps on His right hand, we are already saved and will have been with Him for a 1, 000 years. We are represented by "these My brethren"

Those sheeps are the meek who shall inherit the earth ... the goats represent the wicked and they are a minority.
I have never felt led to study such teachings as Amillennialism or Millennialism. I have read Revelation a number of times and have some favorite verses from it but overall and generally speaking when I see people arguing over such things as are written in a highly symbolic and apocalyptical book? It often gets ugly because many cannot disagree without making derogatory remarks of a personal nature, regardless of the topic at hand, and I know many find this off-putting and discouraging, while others seem to revel in it. Thank you for being one of the good guys :D I appreciate it :)

Revelation 22:16-17

Isaiah 45:22 + Revelation 3:20 :)

Evmur

Feb 28, 2021
London
christianchat.com
I have never felt led to study such teachings as Amillennialism or Millennialism. I have read Revelation a number of times and have some favorite verses from it but overall and generally speaking when I see people arguing over such things as are written in a highly symbolic and apocalyptical book? It often gets ugly because many cannot disagree without making derogatory remarks of a personal nature, regardless of the topic at hand, and I know many find this off-putting and discouraging, while others seem to revel in it. Thank you for being one of the good guys :D I appreciate it :)

Revelation 22:16-17

Isaiah 45:22 + Revelation 3:20:)
Yo Maggie

You definitely have a ministry here on CC.

When you read the Millennium as The Kingdom of Heaven or as The glory that is to be revealed you see it is in every page of the NT.

No wonder the crowds came running when Jesus came preaching "the Kingdom of Heaven is at hand" for the Jews knew it was what Isaiah prophesied that Israel would become the greatest nation and Jerusalem the capital of the world and Messiah would reign in peace and prosperity and righteousness for all and all the nations would flock to Jerusalem to learn about God ... no more war.

That's what we's supposed to be preaching, That's what the world longs for.

It is delayed but still it will come to pass. We have it spiritually but then what we have spiritually will become the reality manifest to all. We are not sent to establish this kingdom but to bear witness to Jesus who is it's King.

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
Death now is not the end of existence. So why should the second death be the end of existence? If God wanted to destroy all who reject Christ, why bring them to face judgement? The word makes it clear that there are degrees of punishment for unbelievers. There is little point if all who reject Christ are annihilated. It is a great mystery and no, I am not a universalist. However, God has a plan for the unsaved. They will have to exist for eternity knowing that they rejected Christ. That is punishment enough, I reckon.
Eternal life is the inheritance of the Children of God. Where is justice to torment someone for 70 years in a fallen world for ever. God speaks of the second death.
But its your thing what you want to believe

Mar 4, 2020
If it were God's intention to annihilate the unrepentant sinner why would He resurrect them? why not just leave them dead? They are resurrected and go away into eternal punishment.
They initially go to hell for not being found in Christ. They temporarily die in hell, after a period of torment, to later be resurrected to face judgment.

How is this possible? It's what the Bible says. If God can create the universe out of nothing then it shouldn't be a problem to resurrect a body and soul that has been destroyed.

This is all about righteousness. People need to understand what is happening and why.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
They initially go to hell for not being found in Christ. They temporarily die
in hell, after a period of torment, to later be resurrected to face judgment.

How is this possible? It's what the Bible says. If God can create the universe out of nothing
then it shouldn't be a problem to resurrect a body and soul that has been destroyed.

This is all about righteousness. People need to understand what is happening and why.
Amen. God's revealed written Word makes clear that those who reject Him do so knowingly, since:
The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of His hands.
And:
What can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. For His invisible
attributes, namely, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the
creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse.

What does the man of un/disbelief do throughout his lifetime? Make excuses why not to believe!
I know because I was once one of them. Thank you God, for calling me out of my rebellion.

Mar 4, 2020
Amen. God's revealed written Word makes clear that those who reject Him do so knowingly, since:
The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of His hands.
And:
What can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. For His invisible
attributes, namely, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the
creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse.

What does the man of un/disbelief do throughout his lifetime? Make excuses why not to believe!
I know because I was once one of them. Thank you God, for calling me out of my rebellion.
I got some Bible exposure as a teen, but didn't really look at it again until I was an adult.

What I've found is that a lot of things in the Bible that people say are true are misrepresented or missing from the text.

Eternal torment in hell is definitely a doctrine of man. I think hell will be painful, but people do perish there, are destroyed, and ultimately experience death.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I got some Bible exposure as a teen, but didn't really look at it again until I was an adult.

What I've found is that a lot of things in the Bible that people say are true are misrepresented or missing from the text.

Eternal torment in hell is definitely a doctrine of man. I think hell will be painful, but people do perish there, are destroyed, and ultimately experience death.
I was raised in a fairly strict religious home environment... nothing too extreme but we did attend church regularly in our Sunday best of course, and received the sacraments and observed the traditional holidays (which I do have fond memories of) quite faithfully... but it was a fairly legalistic system and I was not born again, so by the time I was 16 I was ready to bolt, being bored by the repetition of it all and realizing I really neither believed nor understood any of it... and I was allowed to stop attending. However, when I would subsequently meet someone who was brought up with no belief in God, it struck me as very strange! This was close to fifty years ago and these days it is not so unusual for people to be raised as atheists even if many of today's atheists were yesterday's pew warmers... a fact which I would point out to atheists who would claim Hitler was a Christian simply because he was raised in a Christian home! Ha. Being raised in a Christian home does not make one a Christian.

But I was curious, and knew there was something, having had various spiritual experiences from the age of being a young girl, but could not accept that it was the Biblical God or believe that there was much value or Truth to be found in the Bible. I got entangled in many things: alcoholism, drug addiction, bad/abusive relationships, new age spiritism, occultism, mysticism, shamanism, while I was seeking and searching for answers, which all eventually and inevitably came to a head when God repeatedly, powerfully, profoundly, and personally revealed himself to me, the last time truly literally as if a question were being put to me, of: will you believe? I found could not. Even then I was :censored::censored::censored: not willing to surrender my life to Him until some inexplicable things happened which I could understand only in light of the Truth of Scripture. It took quite a while but I was finally able to realize, while going through the Alpha Course (for I had started attending Christian services), which seemed geared to convincing people of the Truth of God's revealed written Word, that I no longer needed any more convincing. Oy! So I can understand how rebellious and recalcitrant and reluctant people are to believe, how stubbornly set against Him the natural man can be. My first few years online as a Christian were almost exclusively devoted to dialoguing with non-believers.

So, we have no excuse! How I characterize some of those seeking years now is by acknowledging that I was aware of something existing beyond/behind/alongside the material world; and in earnestly desiring to know what that was, my seeking was sincere and diligent... which Scripture promises God will reward! For God knows we are not seeking Him, yet the Truth I was seeking was surely embodied in the Person and work of Jesus Christ, for there is none other. The question at the heart of man's seeking is undeniably, what is the purpose of life, and that question cannot satisfactorily be answered unless the God question is addressed quite thoroughly.

The idea of hell no doubt scares people, and it is true too that fear of God is the beginning of wisdom :);):)

So as much as I dislike and disbelieve and find the idea of eternal conscious torture and torment to be un-Biblical and abhorrent, I can still see that the doctrine itself, even if erroneous and detestable, may serve a purpose in the grand scheme of things, for we know that God works all things together for the good of those who love Him, who are called according to His purpose :)

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Still, I think it dishonors God :(

awelight

Aug 10, 2020
I think it is a better punishment and more merciful.i don't believe and scripture states that Satan and the demons are delivered up, that is the " Second Death" It says "Death" it means Satan too. They aren't going to be given the blessing if tormenting humans in hell, that is what they like. Everyone who rejects God and the Gospel get nothing. They Get non existence and that is Death, including Satan. They can die with the help of God, otherwise Jesus wouldn't of said " fear God, who CAN destroy both body and soul in Gehenna, the lake of fire. They are swallowed up in victory. Death and He'll, it states in Revelation. These are not my words or ideas, that is What God says.
In reading your posts, the first thing I would like to comment on, is how tiresome people are with promoting God's Love and Mercy ABOVE His other Attributes. He is a GOD of Judgement. He is also a GOD of Wrath. His attribute of Love is not greater than His other attributes. They are equal in every sense.

In order that God might show His Love, Scripture teaches that He first had to satisfy His Holy Justice. This is a Biblical Fact, look it up. His Holy Justice was satisfied in Christ Jesus for many.

BUT what about the judgement of those who are not saved?

It has become quite a "FAD" today to believe in eternal "destruction" verses eternal "punishment". Of course, those who are not saved, would like to believe in eternal destruction because this is a far better end than eternal punishment. Without getting into a lot of back and forth on Scripture: I submit - this is the problem with the concept of "eternal destruction".

1) God is Eternal
2) That which God brings into being, will continue forever because what God creates is Eternal with Him. Once God creates with the spoken Word, He cannot take it back. He speaks out of His Eternal being, not out of a Temporal existence like ourselves. What we say today, we may change tomorrow. This cannot happen to an Immutable God.
3) God may, at His pleasure, alter what has been created. This in no way alters what God said before. Example: If God said, "Let there be light." Light will be forever. However, God is free to move the light where He pleases. The source of the light can change, from a natural source to a Divine source for instance. God cannot say: "Let there be Darkness where there was Light." because this would put His Eternal Decrees at odds with one another.
4) Sin is against an Eternal God. Thus, once a sin is committed, it continues with God unless it is covered by an eternal sacrifice.
5) Jesus Christ's Eternal Righteousness wrought out on the Cross for many, is the Eternal Covering for those who are saved.
6) For those who are Lost... Their sins remain uncovered with an Eternal God.
7) God's Holy and Eternal Justice, requires that those who have their sins remaining - MUST pay for those sins eternally. Since their sins are against and with an Eternal God - the punishment must be equal to the crime.

God breathed life into Adam and he became a living soul. In no other earthly created beings, is it said that God breathed into them. (Sorry, your cat or dog is not going to be waiting for you in Heaven). That breath (the soul), is Eternal because it came from an Eternal Source. The Soul will remain forever. The body will change, for there is an Eternal Body for the saved in Glory and an Eternal Body for the lost in punishment. This is why the term Resurrection is used for both. Both will put on a body not made by humanity but right from God.

This subject is to complicated to go into every detail and pull every Scripture verse but I hope you see what I am getting at.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
I have always been close to God my entire life and the God I know does not plan to torment people who reject him for all eternity. I know what is taught and the scriptures that those who teach this use, can you tell me how a wonderful and loving God would torment forever. Putting something bad to sleep forever and out of its misery, like a dog with rabies, is merciful. Please explain without scripture (because I know the verses well) ...explain by your experience and relationship with God what he revealed to you about this. I don't understand, the God I know is not like this. I do believe there is a judgment and evil people who reject him will not have a good end, but not that way.
Because Jesus taught about eternal damnation and they believe the lords word and before that it’s in the prophets and after that it’s in the epistles

hell was created for Satan and the angels who followed him

“Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

…And these shall go away into everlasting punishment:

but the righteous into life eternal.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭25:41, 46‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Belief is why people believe that

“But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God; Who will render to every man according to his deeds: To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:

But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath, Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile;

But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile: For there is no respect of persons with God.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭2:5-11‬ ‭KJV‬‬

It’s throughout the Bible is most likely why they think that it’s more that they just believe the word of God and don’t “ out think it “ and don’t make our thoughts his thoughts

Ahwatukee

Mar 12, 2015
The whole church once believed that when Jesus comes He comes to reign for a 1, 000 years but in the 4th century the church decided to drop the teaching in favor of Amillennialism .

Forgive me, as I may be reading your post wrong. I agree with everything else you wrote, but why would the millennial teaching set you free from believing that millions and millions of human souls will spend eternity in hell? Who are the millions and millions that you were referring to?

Ahwatukee

Mar 12, 2015
Thank you, that is what I saw in scripture too.
The "Second Death" is another name representing the lake of fire. It says nothing about annihilation or anyone ceasing to exist.

Think about it: the previous poster attempted to show that the term "Second Death" as meaning annihilation. Yet, when they died the first death, i.e. the death of the body, they still existed. Scripture makes clear that those who take part in the Second Death will be conscious and aware, existing forever. As I made clear in an earlier post, scripture states that those who are cast into the Lake of fire will be tormented "Day and night" with the smoke of their torment ascending up forever and ever. In order to be tormented day and night, one would have to be existing in order to experience that. Why do you ignore these supporting words within the context? Is it because they do not support your belief?

================================================================================
And a third angel followed them, calling out in a loud voice, “If anyone worships the beast and its image, and receives its mark on his forehead or on his hand, he too will drink the wine of God’s anger, poured undiluted into the cup of His wrath. And he will be tormented in fire and sulfur in the presence of the holy angels and of the Lamb. And the smoke of their torment rises forever and ever. Day and night there is no rest for those who worship the beast and its image, or for anyone who receives the mark of its name.”

"And the devil who had deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and sulfur, into which the beast and the false prophet had already been thrown. There they will be tormented day and night forever and ever."
=====================================================================

No as true believers in Christ, we have the hope of eternal life. However, those who die in their sins will be cast into the lake of fire where they will be conscious and aware forever and every. The same punishment that Satan and his angels about suffer, is the same punishment that his followers will suffer. As I made clear before, in order to have 'No rest Day or Night" one would have to be existing in order to experience that. Have you lost all reasoning and logic? Those scriptures alone should be enough to give you understanding of eternal punishment.

"They will suffer the penalty of eternal destruction, separated from the presence of the Lord and the glory of His might" - 1 Thess.1:9

HELPS Word-studies
ólethros (from ollymi/"destroy") – properly, ruination with its full, destructive results (LS). 3639 /ólethros ("ruination") however does not imply "extinction" (annihilation). Rather it emphasizes the consequent loss that goes with the complete "undoing."

If you will notice what I have highlighted in red above, the definition of the word olethros translated as 'destruction' in the scripture above, does not imply 'extinction" (annilation). Since this is the definition of the word, should you not pay attention to it and apply it to the meaning of their destruction as stated in the scripture above? In other words, since the word olethros does not imply annihilation, then we cannot apply that as the meaning of those who are being destroyed and therefore must mean something else, said meaning being complete loss of well being, eternal ruination.

ewq1938

Oct 18, 2018
Because Jesus taught about eternal damnation and they believe the lords word and before that it’s in the prophets and after that it’s in the epistles

hell was created for Satan and the angels who followed him

“Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

…And these shall go away into everlasting punishment:
The punishment is death, a death that is everlasting. No possible resurrection from that death.

Rev 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
Rev 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

It's not the second life but second death.

Ahwatukee

Mar 12, 2015
The punishment is death, a death that is everlasting. No possible resurrection from that death.

Rev 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
Rev 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

And just as the spirits of the wicked are conscious and aware after the first death, so will they also be conscious and aware in the second death. Otherwise, if we were to use your reasoning, after the first death people should become nonexistent.

The event of the rich man and Lazarus is a good example of this: Both the rich man and Lazarus died, yet their spirits were down in Hades. The rich man could see Abraham, had a conversation with him and was in torment in the flames. However, those who believe in annihilation distort and circumvent this scripture by making it a parable in order to get rid of the information contained in it.

Second Death = Conscious eternal existence in separation from God in the lake of fire

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020

“And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭9:27‬ ‭

“Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life;

and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.”
‭‭John‬ ‭5:28-29‬ ‭KJV‬‬

again we have to hear and believe the gospel or it is foolishness to us . If we hear it and then say “ no that’s not true “ it’s never going to open our eyes to the truth .

When our body dies it erodes to nothing but our spirit goes here it’s an appointment our living souls all face and it’s a jidgement in the soul accounting for what we have done while in our body

“For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences.”
‭‭2 Corinthians‬ ‭5:10-11‬ ‭KJV‬‬

the gospel offers us an escape through remission of sins but everyone great and small good and evil has to appear and be judged for things done on earth .

“And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭20:12-15‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Accepting and believing the gospel is this other promise

“Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.”
‭‭John‬ ‭5:24‬ ‭KJV‬‬

the punishment isn’t what you think or I think it’s what the lord clearly said throughout the prophets and epistles the exact same judgement Jesus preached and taught us to accept now so we can go to him without sin

Mar 4, 2020
“And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭9:27‬ ‭

“Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life;

and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.”
‭‭John‬ ‭5:28-29‬ ‭KJV‬‬

again we have to hear and believe the gospel or it is foolishness to us . If we hear it and then say “ no that’s not true “ it’s never going to open our eyes to the truth .

When our body dies it erodes to nothing but our spirit goes here it’s an appointment our living souls all face and it’s a jidgement in the soul accounting for what we have done while in our body

“For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences.”
‭‭2 Corinthians‬ ‭5:10-11‬ ‭KJV‬‬

the gospel offers us an escape through remission of sins but everyone great and small good and evil has to appear and be judged for things done on earth .

“And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭20:12-15‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Accepting and believing the gospel is this other promise

“Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.”
‭‭John‬ ‭5:24‬ ‭KJV‬‬

the punishment isn’t what you think or I think it’s what the lord clearly said throughout the prophets and epistles the exact same judgement Jesus preached and taught us to accept now so we can go to him without sin
Then we agree with Jesus that those who hear Jesus' words, and believe on Him that sent Jesus, will have everlasting life. All others will be condemned to death with no chance of having any sort of eternal life in hell.

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.”‭ ‭John‬ ‭5:24‬ ‭KJV‬‬

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI
There is no life outside of Christ. One must be born again (Jesus said so!). The physical comes
first, and then? The Spiritual. If one has not been born again of the Holy Spirit of God, they pass
into the second death at the end of this age following the resurrection and judgment of all,
because they have willingly, knowingly, and persistently denied knowledge of God, Who ALONE
is immortal.
These things are all quite explicitly stated in Scripture. Many teach contrarily to these things.

You use the word annihilation, but generally speaking, I do not. I prefer to
use Biblical words, such as those given in the multitude of verses I provided.

As a Christian, I have never denied the Deity of Christ.
The name of your doctrine is formally called annihilation. In Church History it is a very novel and recent doctrine.

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI
Christianity was born from Judaism. Though you'll encounter Antisemitism in some churches that deny this. Those are not actual churches of Christ and his word.

Jesus, Emmanuel, Yeshua (Joshua), was a Jew. He was born into an observant family, he taught from the scrolls, bible, in the Temple, and many of his parables were a reflection of those in the Torah.

There is no Hell as Christians know it in Judaism.
Hell was invented by the cult of Zoroastrianism first. Then it was tweaked by the pagan organized sect claiming the teachings of Christ as their own, Roman Catholicism. Also, called the Roman Rite.

Fear is a great persuader.
Which is why the church burned their enemies alive before those gathered in the villages where the church ruled.

A sort of example if you will, of the torture and suffering Hell will bring them for eternity and without ceasing. Unlike that poor screaming one lashed to the pyre.

If they really wanted to terrorize their victim and the witnesses they used green wood. This burns slower and it takes longer for their victim to be consumed.

If it is true God predetermined whom he would save, then he also predetermined whom he would not save. There exist confessions that proclaim that as well.

If Hell is believed to exist then God's trait as Omni-benevolence cannot.

There is an old truth that warns, if you believe in a god that thinks like you do and hates all the same people, you've made a god into your image and likeness.

I've known many a Christian like that.

Trust God is better than what many people need to believe is their god.
Otherwise, who will save you from that one but coming to realize him to be false.

Stay happy and in peace.:D
I forget where did Joseph name Jesus Emmanuel ??? I agree Jesus is God. I just don't see the Father of Jesus naming him Emmanuel.

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI
1 + 1 = 3? :giggle:

The biggest lie of the devil is still believed to this day:

New International Version
You will not certainly die,” the serpent said to the woman.

New Living Translation
You won’t die!” the serpent replied to the woman.

English Standard Version
But the serpent said to the woman, “You will not surely die."

Berean Study Bible
You will not surely die,” the serpent told her.

King James Bible
And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:

New King James Version
Then the serpent said to the woman, “You will not surely die.

New American Standard Bible
The serpent said to the woman, “You certainly will not die!

NASB 1995
The serpent said to the woman, “You surely will not die!

NASB 1977
And the serpent said to the woman, “You surely shall not die!

Amplified Bible
But the serpent said to the woman, “You certainly will not die!

Christian Standard Bible
“No! You will certainly not die,” the serpent said to the woman.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
No! You will not die,” the serpent said to the woman.”

American Standard Version

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
And the Serpent said to the Woman, “You shall not really die:

Brenton Septuagint Translation
And the serpent said to the woman, Ye shall not surely die.

Douay-Rheims Bible
And the serpent said to the woman: No, you shall not die the death.

English Revised Version

Good News Translation
The snake replied, "That's not true; you will not die.

GOD'S WORD® Translation
"You certainly won't die!" the snake told the woman.

International Standard Version
"You certainly will not die!" the Shining One told the woman.

JPS Tanakh 1917
And the serpent said unto the woman: 'Ye shall not surely die;

Literal Standard Version
And the serpent says to the woman, “Dying, you do not die,

NET Bible
The serpent said to the woman, "Surely you will not die,

New Heart English Bible
And the serpent said to the woman, "You won't surely die,

World English Bible
The serpent said to the woman, "You won't surely die,

Young's Literal Translation
And the serpent saith unto the woman, 'Dying, ye do not die,
Fun Fact: In binary 01 + 10 = 11 which is 3 in decimal.