why do god support genocide?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
You're using a tree analogy? Really? OK.

Did you create the tree first?
'
poems are made by fools like me,
but only God can make a tree
- Joyce Kilmer

God planted the tree, and God pruned His tree.
analogously, the thread title is asking '
why God murders trees?' -- a loaded question.

Lightskin

Aug 16, 2019
Study the doctrine of eternal punishment. It's broader than you think.
Translation: what you preach is not scripturally based. Thanks for playing.

Mar 5, 2020
Study the doctrine of eternal punishment. It's broader than you think.
I did that bit of searching as you suggest.
https://www.chabad.org/library/article_cdo/aid/1594422/jewish/Do-Jews-Believe-in-Hell.htm
Do Jews Believe in Hell?
What Is the Jewish Belief on Hell?
By Aron Moss
Dear Rabbi,
Do Jews believe in Hell? I am not planning any trips there or anything, but I have heard conflicting reports about its existence.

Answer:
We do believe in a type of Hell, but not the one found in cartoons and joke books. Hell is not a punishment in the conventional sense; it is, in fact, the expression of a great kindness.
The Jewish mystics described a spiritual place called “Gehinnom.” This is usually translated as “Hell,” but a better translation would be “the Supernal Washing Machine.” Because that’s exactly how it works. The way our soul is cleansed in Gehinnom is similar to the way our clothes are cleansed in a washing machine.
Put yourself in your socks’ shoes, so to speak. If you were to be thrown into boiling hot water and flung around for half an hour, you might start to feel that someone doesn’t like you. However, the fact is that it is only after going through a wash cycle that the socks can be worn again.
We don’t put our socks in the washing machine to punish them. We put them through what seems like a rough and painful procedure only to make them clean and wearable again. The intense heat of the water loosens the dirt, and the force of being swirled around shakes it off completely. Far from hurting your socks, you are doing them a favor by putting them through this process.
So too with the soul. Every act we do in our lifetime leaves an imprint on our soul. The good we do brightens and elevates our soul, and every wrongdoing leaves a stain that needs to be cleansed. If, at the end of our life, we leave this world without fixing the wrongs we have done, our soul is unable to reach its place of rest on high. We must go through a cycle of deep cleansing. Our soul is flung around at an intense spiritual heat to rid it of any residue it may have gathered, and to prepare it for entry into Heaven.
Of course, this whole process can be avoided. If we truly regret the wrong we have done and make amends with the people we have hurt, we can leave this world with “clean socks.”
That’s why our Sages said, “Repent one day before you die.” And what should you do if you don’t know which day that will be? Repent today.
See What Happens After We Die? from the Jewish Death and Mourning section.

Mar 5, 2020
'
poems are made by fools like me,
but only God can make a tree
- Joyce Kilmer

God planted the tree, and God pruned His tree.
analogously, the thread title is asking '
why God murders trees?' -- a loaded question.
I'm aware of the question. The point however is, as pertains to the God factor behind the question of global genocide and other such acts as recorded, why would God murder the any tree or all tree's for being what God created as a tree. Living and being all that a tree is meant to be in order to fulfill the very meaning of tree, created first as a tree made by the tree maker to resemble and bear the sameness as that tree maker.

Aerials1978

Dec 10, 2019
Probably another baiting post, but still a good question. If God created humans, can’t He take it away life at His choosing? God is the standard of all, so everything that deviates from that is what is evil.

Mar 5, 2020
Probably another baiting post, but still a good question. If God created humans, can’t He take it away life at His choosing? God is the standard of all, so everything that deviates from that is what is evil.
That's putting it in a box and tied with a big fat ribbon no one can miss. God creates all, God can kill all, because God is God and it is all his to do with as he will.

Here's another box to consider. And all these things are to make you all think just a bit beyond what you've demonstrated here in these boards so far. Particularly the self righteous that make discussions that intend to condemn, judge, and belittle those whom they choose. But hey, God like, right? They make a discussion, they dislike a certain bunch of people, so they can cut down that certain bunch of people all they like because it is the discussion of their creation.

Here is another box. The bible says, God does not change. Everyone here is agreed?
But God did change. That's why it is called the new testament that overcame the old one. That's why you all don't kill animals now to cover the faults your God given nature can't help but have and act out and on accordingly, because God killed himself to change the old law he created himself.
But God does not change? God is not a man that he should lie?

Blade

Nov 19, 2019
Hmm kill? What did Christ say about Laz? Said hes sleeping. Everything God creates is life. No one dies.. poof gone for ever. We always look at this through the natural. This is not the real realm. This is just a time bubble.

Apr 15, 2017
1. The Flood (Genesis 6-8)
2. The cities of the plain, including Sodom and Gomorrah (Genesis 18-19)
3. The Egyptian firstborn sons during the Passover (Exodus 11-12)
4. The Canaanites under Moses and Joshua (Numbers 21:2-3; Deuteronomy 20:17; Joshua 6:17, 21)
5. The Amalekites annihilated by Saul (1 Samuel 15)
If a son was walking in the park with his father and a man ran up to stab the son, and his father put the man down, would the son say to the father you are cruel, or would he thank his father for saving his life.

God puts down a 1000 people to save 10,000 people physically, God puts down a 1000 people to save 10,000 people to be right with Him, which is the true benefit.

If God did not intervene in the Old Testament more people would of been hurt, killed, and perverted from the truth.

2Sa 24:14 And David said unto Gad, I am in a great strait: let us fall now into the hand of the LORD; for his mercies are great: and let me not fall into the hand of man.

God is not cruel but people are cruel, which David sinned against God so God gave him a choice on what punishment would be given, and David said the punishment should come from the LORD for He is merciful where people would not be but as merciful.

Act 17:29 Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.
Act 17:30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent.

God basically left the nations alone as far as going against them for their wrong doing for He winked at their ignorance.

But if a nation or kingdom got too big having a negative affect on people on a large scale, hurting people, and killing people, and perverting the ways of God, especially if they went against Israel, and perverted Israel from the truth, God would allow them to be taken down by other nations.

And God would always protect Israel from their enemies if they gave heed to the truth for that was a promise of God to Israel, and Jesus was coming from the nation of Israel.

If God did not protect Israel from their enemies they would of probably been wiped out.

And God said He does not change, so the sons of Jacob are not consumed, and Paul said God has not cast away His people that He once foreknew so God is still protecting them from being wiped out, but they suffered because they lost God's protection against their enemies because of their rejection of Christ, but they will never be wiped out.

For God said if the ordinances of heaven are still in affect then His covenant is still with Israel, and they shall never cease from being a nation, which God will bring all the Jews to their land in the future, which will happen by way of a peace treaty between the Jews and Palestinians which the Gentile nations will see to it all the Jews are back on their land for that is what the New Age Christ wants, but God means it for the good of the Jews.

Dan 4:1 Nebuchadnezzar the king, unto all people, nations, and languages, that dwell in all the earth; Peace be multiplied unto you.
Dan 4:2 I thought it good to shew the signs and wonders that the high God hath wrought toward me.
Dan 4:3 How great are his signs! and how mighty are his wonders! his kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and his dominion is from generation to generation.

Dan 4:36 At the same time my reason returned unto me; and for the glory of my kingdom, mine honour and brightness returned unto me; and my counsellors and my lords sought unto me; and I was established in my kingdom, and excellent majesty was added unto me.
Dan 4:37 Now I Nebuchadnezzar praise and extol and honour the King of heaven, all whose works are truth, and his ways judgment: and those that walk in pride he is able to abase.

Dan 7:4 The first was like a lion, and had eagle's wings: I beheld till the wings thereof were plucked, and it was lifted up from the earth, and made stand upon the feet as a man, and a man's heart was given to it.

God even flourished the kingdom of Babylon greatly, and is the greatest Gentile kingdom that is referred to as gold, and rode on eagle's wings because they had the revelation of God, but when the king died and his son took over he blew it and put false gods above the God of Israel, or stopped acknowledging Him, and the eagle's wings were plucked, and then Babylon became known as the kingdom of man in opposition to God's ways.

So God caused a Gentile kingdom to prosper to be the greatest of all Gentile kingdoms, and when they blew it God allowed the Medes and Persians to take the kingdom.

God only went against nations and kingdoms, and a large group of people if they had a negative impact on people by hurting them, killing them, and spreading their false religious ways to far which would hinder the operation of God on earth, especially if it affected Israel whether physical hurt, or perversion from the truth.

If God did not intervene in the Old Testament more people would of been hurt, killed, and perverted from the truth.

Everything that God does on earth is for the benefit of people for their physical lives, and spiritual lives.

Gen 6:5 And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

Gen 6:11 The earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence.
Gen 6:12 And God looked upon the earth, and, behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted his way upon the earth.

Gen 6:8 But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD.

Before the flood the earth was corrupt, for all flesh corrupted his way upon earth, and was filled with violence, and the wickedness of people were great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of their heart was only evil continually.

In that condition there was no one that could be saved for they were evil all the time, and violent with each other, so it could not continue on that way with no one turning to God, so God caused a flood to take them out.

But it was because the world was in no position to be saved, and would keep going on like that and they were cruel to each other, and wicked all the time.

So God started with Noah and his family to repopulate the earth, and after the flood God said He would never flood the earth again.

18:2 And he lift up his eyes and looked, and, lo, three men stood by him: and when he saw them, he ran to meet them from the tent door, and bowed himself toward the ground.

God appeared in flesh to Abraham with 2 of His angels that were in flesh.

Gen 18:20 And the LORD said, Because the cry of Sodom and Gomorrah is great, and because their sin is very grievous;
Gen 18:21 I will go down now, and see whether they have done altogether according to the cry of it, which is come unto me; and if not, I will know.
Gen 18:22 And the men turned their faces from thence, and went toward Sodom: but Abraham stood yet before the LORD.

The 2 men went towards Sodom, and the LORD talked to Abraham.

Gen 18:32 And he said, Oh let not the Lord be angry, and I will speak yet but this once: Peradventure ten shall be found there. And he said, I will not destroy it for ten's sake.

Which God said He will not overthrow the cities if there were any righteous there.

Which God would test the city by the 2 men of how the city reacted to them, so God was giving them a chance to not be overthrown.

The 2 men stayed with Lot, and the whole city compassed his house and said, bring out those men that we may know them, which they wanted to have sex with the men, but Lot said leave them alone for they are my guests, but take my 2 daughters and have sex with them.

But the men insisted that Lot bring out the men, and not one person cried out and said let us not do this wicked deed, but all were of one accord to either have sex with the men, or agreeing with it, and then God knew there were not any righteous there and the 2 men got Lot and his family out of there and overthrew them.

They were terribly wicked in more ways than homosexuality, and God did not want their ways to spread upon the earth, and He gave them a chance to be saved for if there were a few righteous He would of not overthrown it.

It comes down to the fact that God left people alone, but if they have a negative impact on people on a large scale, especially if it affected Israel He would allow them to be taken down, but it was all for the benefit of the people that they had a negative impact on.

The Amalekites would not change and having a negative impact on people, and God knew the children would grow up with the same mindset as the adults and they would continue on having a negative impact.

If God did not take down the Amalekites they would of done more damage to people than what was done to the Amalekites.

Do you see the logic now.

Continued,

Apr 15, 2017
Continued,

The nation of Egypt enslaved the Jews, and made them do hard labor and they built cities and pyramids for the Jews, and were treated like dirt for the Egyptians looked down on them as inferior.

And people don't think God has the right to do something about it, and they will justify Egypt when they were beating Jews, and killing them, making them do hard labor against their will.

I think Egypt is the bad guy here, and God is justified.

There would of been more Jews hurt, and killed, then the Egyptians that God went against, for God would of not taken out as many Egyptians and what the Egyptians took out of the Jews had God not delivered them.

Again if God did not intervene more people would of been hurt, or killed, which would be the Jews in this case.

God is not cruel, but people are cruel.

Again the Canaanites would be the same scenario for if they were not a terrible people like the other people that God allowed to be taken down God would of not allowed the Jews to take the land of Canaan, but would of given them another land for God would not go against a people that are decent, but would only go against them if they were terrible, and to a high degree.

The fact that God gave the Jews the land of Canaan testifies they were a terrible people.

Also even though Egypt done those cruel things to the Jews, and made them slaves, God told the Jews to treat the strangers in their land as themselves giving them mercy and favor, for they were a stranger in Egypt, which further testifies that God only gave the land of Canaan to the Jews because the Canaanites were a terrible people, and to a high degree.

People have been warring for years on this earth, being cruel, hurting people, killing people, making them slaves, pushing for power to conquer lands, and have control and rulership over other people, and enforcing their ways upon other people, all for their selfish, arrogant, and self exalting ways which there is no excuse to be that way according to God.

But then they want to say God is a war monger when all He was doing is protecting people from being hurt, and perverted from the truth, and taking out less people than they would of taken out if God did not stop them.

I do not think God is the bad guy here, but I think mankind is to blame.

And do people forget that God created all things not people, so He owns it all.

So how come mankind can war on earth hurting people, but God cannot especially when He does it to protect people, but people do it to exalt themselves and have power over people.

1Co 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.

God is sure right about this for what kind of logic is people saying God is a warmonger when people have been warring with each other for years, and the biggest war that has ever been fought is the new age movement that say peace for the world, and the New Age Christ pushes the new age movement agenda until it becomes popular, and the nations leaders go by it and then they make war against all the people that oppose them saying this is what the God of forces, the evolutionary process wants for they believe they are still evolving to be greater and spiritual.

And then God will step in and stop them and put and end to their folly.

But is God the bad guy or are they the bad guy.

They are the bad guy not God.

Because it is funny how mankind can war to have their ways on earth, but God cannot put people down to have His ways on earth, when it is all about the benefit of people.

I do not understand their reasoning that say God is a warmonger, and cruel, for it does not make sense seeing the nature of mankind and what they do.

God owns it all but He cannot put down people to save other people, but mankind can war all for their self exalting ways and hurt people and it is alright.

This world is weird, but the Bible says the natural man does not understand the things of God, and we sure know that is true for they are the true warmongers, and cruel.

God is not a warmonger but a life preserver.

Mar 5, 2020
Continued,

The nation of Egypt enslaved the Jews, and made them do hard labor and they built cities and pyramids for the Jews, and were treated like dirt for the Egyptians looked down on them as inferior.

And people don't think God has the right to do something about it, and they will justify Egypt when they were beating Jews, and killing them, making them do hard labor against their will.

I think Egypt is the bad guy here, and God is justified.

There would of been more Jews hurt, and killed, then the Egyptians that God went against, for God would of not taken out as many Egyptians and what the Egyptians took out of the Jews had God not delivered them.

Again if God did not intervene more people would of been hurt, or killed, which would be the Jews in this case.

God is not cruel, but people are cruel.

Again the Canaanites would be the same scenario for if they were not a terrible people like the other people that God allowed to be taken down God would of not allowed the Jews to take the land of Canaan, but would of given them another land for God would not go against a people that are decent, but would only go against them if they were terrible, and to a high degree.

The fact that God gave the Jews the land of Canaan testifies they were a terrible people.

Also even though Egypt done those cruel things to the Jews, and made them slaves, God told the Jews to treat the strangers in their land as themselves giving them mercy and favor, for they were a stranger in Egypt, which further testifies that God only gave the land of Canaan to the Jews because the Canaanites were a terrible people, and to a high degree.

People have been warring for years on this earth, being cruel, hurting people, killing people, making them slaves, pushing for power to conquer lands, and have control and rulership over other people, and enforcing their ways upon other people, all for their selfish, arrogant, and self exalting ways which there is no excuse to be that way according to God.

But then they want to say God is a war monger when all He was doing is protecting people from being hurt, and perverted from the truth, and taking out less people than they would of taken out if God did not stop them.

I do not think God is the bad guy here, but I think mankind is to blame.

And do people forget that God created all things not people, so He owns it all.

So how come mankind can war on earth hurting people, but God cannot especially when He does it to protect people, but people do it to exalt themselves and have power over people.

1Co 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.

God is sure right about this for what kind of logic is people saying God is a warmonger when people have been warring with each other for years, and the biggest war that has ever been fought is the new age movement that say peace for the world, and the New Age Christ pushes the new age movement agenda until it becomes popular, and the nations leaders go by it and then they make war against all the people that oppose them saying this is what the God of forces, the evolutionary process wants for they believe they are still evolving to be greater and spiritual.

And then God will step in and stop them and put and end to their folly.

But is God the bad guy or are they the bad guy.

They are the bad guy not God.

Because it is funny how mankind can war to have their ways on earth, but God cannot put people down to have His ways on earth, when it is all about the benefit of people.

I do not understand their reasoning that say God is a warmonger, and cruel, for it does not make sense seeing the nature of mankind and what they do.

God owns it all but He cannot put down people to save other people, but mankind can war all for their self exalting ways and hurt people and it is alright.

This world is weird, but the Bible says the natural man does not understand the things of God, and we sure know that is true for they are the true warmongers, and cruel.

God is not a warmonger but a life preserver.
So much for the pro life brigade claiming God is on their side huh?
Bad reference there what with Egypt and all.

Exodus. God killed the first born of every Egyptian family so that Pharaoh would free the slaves God let be enslaved to the Pharaoh's for hundreds of years. Then in Exodus and Leviticus and other books, God instituted rules for the Hebrews when making people their slaves.

Jan 17, 2020
I did that bit of searching as you suggest.
https://www.chabad.org/library/article_cdo/aid/1594422/jewish/Do-Jews-Believe-in-Hell.htm
Do Jews Believe in Hell?
What Is the Jewish Belief on Hell?
By Aron Moss
Dear Rabbi,
Do Jews believe in Hell? I am not planning any trips there or anything, but I have heard conflicting reports about its existence.

Answer:
We do believe in a type of Hell, but not the one found in cartoons and joke books. Hell is not a punishment in the conventional sense; it is, in fact, the expression of a great kindness.
The Jewish mystics described a spiritual place called “Gehinnom.” This is usually translated as “Hell,” but a better translation would be “the Supernal Washing Machine.” Because that’s exactly how it works. The way our soul is cleansed in Gehinnom is similar to the way our clothes are cleansed in a washing machine.
Put yourself in your socks’ shoes, so to speak. If you were to be thrown into boiling hot water and flung around for half an hour, you might start to feel that someone doesn’t like you. However, the fact is that it is only after going through a wash cycle that the socks can be worn again.
We don’t put our socks in the washing machine to punish them. We put them through what seems like a rough and painful procedure only to make them clean and wearable again. The intense heat of the water loosens the dirt, and the force of being swirled around shakes it off completely. Far from hurting your socks, you are doing them a favor by putting them through this process.
So too with the soul. Every act we do in our lifetime leaves an imprint on our soul. The good we do brightens and elevates our soul, and every wrongdoing leaves a stain that needs to be cleansed. If, at the end of our life, we leave this world without fixing the wrongs we have done, our soul is unable to reach its place of rest on high. We must go through a cycle of deep cleansing. Our soul is flung around at an intense spiritual heat to rid it of any residue it may have gathered, and to prepare it for entry into Heaven.
Of course, this whole process can be avoided. If we truly regret the wrong we have done and make amends with the people we have hurt, we can leave this world with “clean socks.”
That’s why our Sages said, “Repent one day before you die.” And what should you do if you don’t know which day that will be? Repent today.
See What Happens After We Die? from the Jewish Death and Mourning section.
The Talmud says Jesus is in hell boiling in excrement. They certainly do believe in hell.

Jan 17, 2020
Translation: what you preach is not scripturally based. Thanks for playing.
This is why I want you to learn for yourself. You probably won't believe me if I spell it out.

Lightskin

Aug 16, 2019
This is why I want you to learn for yourself. You probably won't believe me if I spell it out.
I like a great deal of what you share but adamantly disagree with you regarding believers in Jesus Christ suffering any form of punishment in the hereafter.

Jan 17, 2020
I like a great deal of what you share but adamantly disagree with you regarding believers in Jesus Christ suffering any form of punishment in the hereafter.
I did not say they did. They receive more or less reward based on their works.

“Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble; Every man’s work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man’s work of what sort it is. If any man’s work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. If any man’s work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.” 1 Corinthians 3:12–15 (KJV 1900)

Just as there are degrees of suffering in hell.

“Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city.” Matthew 10:15 (KJV 1900)

Lightskin

Aug 16, 2019
I did not say they did. They receive more or less reward based on their works.

“Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble; Every man’s work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man’s work of what sort it is. If any man’s work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. If any man’s work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.” 1 Corinthians 3:12–15 (KJV 1900)

Just as there are degrees of suffering in hell.

“Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city.” Matthew 10:15 (KJV 1900)
You initially stated people with more sins suffer more in hell. You were asked to supply the scriptural source and you did not. I acknowledge you did not mention Christians suffering, but I would still like to see your scriptural source pertaining to different levels of eternal punishment.

Jan 17, 2020
You initially stated people with more sins suffer more in hell. You were asked to supply the scriptural source and you did not. I acknowledge you did not mention Christians suffering, but I would still like to see your scriptural source pertaining to different levels of eternal punishment.
God considers believers perfect in Christ who PAID for our sins = no punishment due.

Melach

Mar 28, 2019
why not? people are really annoying. cant blame God