Why do many stumble at 3 of the 5 gifts?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

tribesman

Oct 13, 2011
Apostles and prophets today? OK. Let's go with that. But not in all with the exactly same function as in biblical times.

JGPS

Banned
Jan 11, 2013
? The church no longer needs leaders or inspired speakers?

Elizabeth619

Jul 19, 2011
Not going to bother with my post concerning Titus and Epaphroditus eh?
I believe I was responding to Markum. Not you. Every one of my responses has been to Markum. Not you.

I actually have no desire to respond to you due to your attitude, and constant condescending comments toward others who you disagree with, but I will comment that you are incorrect to assume they were apostles. They assisted Paul, but did not fill all the qualifications of an apostle who is appointed by divine authority.

JGPS

Banned
Jan 11, 2013
I believe I was responding to Markum. Not you. Every one of my responses has been to Markum. Not you.
Open forums are not your freind then :(

I actually have no desire to respond to you due to your attitude,
And yet you do.
and constant condescending comments toward others who you disagree with,
You read too much into text. I beleive its the to the point nature of my posts that offends you more than anything, when we clear the red herrings it hurts your case grievously...
but I will comment that you are incorrect to assume they were apostles.
Scripture states they where, its just lost in translation. Use of a concordance or literal translation will show you that it is in fact what scriputre says, not an assumption.

They assisted Paul, but did not fill all the qualifications of an apostle who is appointed by divine authority.
As per the topic of this discussion, your assumption as to what qualifies someone to be an apostle is an assumption and unscriptural. Assuming your point without considering the evidence is why you don't get along well with me. I have not been uncourtious to you on the whole.

G

GreenNnice

Sigh, let's all just agree to disagree...

apostle is someone who is 'sent by God.'

If you believe that people today being sent by God into the missions fields, into their career fields, as 'sent,' good? If not, good, too.

One seems to me a way of faith and one seems a way of disbelief, but, it's not salvation issue, it's simply an understanding of how, to me, anyway, God works the same yesterday, as today, as forevermore.

An apostle is not telling us new doctrine, as stilledwater says, I agree, an apostle in today's times is simply following the Lord's instruction for his life, I just see no argument here, we are not arguing about apostles doing things of New Testament time revelation, of course, but, arguing of current times revelation, as someone sent by God, in and of itself, is truly an awesome thing, to be appointed to do some work and CLEARLY see what that work is, hmm, let me think on that a minute, AWESOME! Didn't take a minute did it, truth be told, didn't take me even a second, but my fingers couldn't type fast enough :D
Don't quench the Spirit, pray without ceasing, give thanks to Christ Jesus all the time, in your life, be a 'pure vessel,' who is following His will for his/her life. I can guarantee you will be 'sent' and it may not be to the office of 'apostle,' but 'teacher,' evangelist,' 'pastor,' 'prophesier,' will be you, IF you are in Him. I think people get scared and think that they are not following Him because they don't see the glistening 'drops' of Scripture impacting his/her life now. But, remember , faith is trusting in the unseen, understanding the 'seen is temporal.' Paul makes that point TWICE in his epistle--in Corinthians and Hebrews, if not mistaken-- that really should tell you how important he wants to get that specific point across to all.

Of course, he who is Paul wrote inspiredly from He who was in Him and He who is in you, in YOUR 'temple,' that right there takes a lot of faith. Wow! The Holy Spirit wants to be in me ! The Holy Spirit KNOWS our bodies are where He belongs, IF you belong to Him :)

Last edited by a moderator:
P

Powemm

All that is good, all that is kind, all that is peaceful, all that is joyful, all that is loving... Think upon these things.. For they ARE the fruits of the spirit ... He who became sin, sees no sin in you...
It is written: Go and do likewise

G

GreenNnice

All that is good, all that is kind, all that is peaceful, all that is joyful, all that is loving... Think upon these things.. For they ARE the fruits of the spirit ... He who became sin, sees no sin in you...
It is written: Go and do likewise
attagirl, way to bring some peace to this power-full issue of man following God's will for power given (received) in this day and age to do wonders that are , like yesterday, to be done FOR His glory . Or, not. (Yawn.) Well, I have to be objective, right :D