Why do people hate the Jews?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

MoonCresta

I live the Israelis - why wouldn't I? My Lord and Savior is Jewish!

I hear and see in print that some people hate the Jews, but they never give a coherent reason. Kinda like Trump haters. Never see or hear a good reason for the hate, but wow, is it ever there!

I really don't know why - can anyone help me on this?

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
we know the fruit of the Spirit, hate seems to be from the opposite camp, and there is no gray area in between, must be from the adversary.

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021

I hear and see in print that some people hate the Jews, but they never give a coherent reason. Kinda like Trump haters. Never see or hear a good reason for the hate, but wow, is it ever there!

Same reason that they hate Christians. Israel is visible testimony to God's power to keep His promises. The world is jealous. God chose to demonstrate His power and glory through a nation of nobodies while other empires have fallen. Don't be mislead, God has made Israel what it is, not their own wit and not the USA.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011

Jesus-Yeshua certainly did walk the earth in the body of the Tribe of Judah, however if you understand the Bible, you will understand He waas of the faith of Abraham, and there was not yet a body formed of denominations called Jewish.
Reference to the Jew in the New Testament is to those who are "praisers of God." Unhappily, the interpretation of this truth has been lost to making reference to a denomination at the time or to denominations now.

T

TheIndianGirl

I never understood it either. It could be due to a few reasons:

1) Jews are blamed for Jesus' death.
2) People are jealous of Jews, since Jews are generally rich and/or have powerful connections.
3) Muslims hate Jews because they believe Jews are trespassing on their Holy Land.

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
It's because Jews have been the perpetual out-group in almost any culture they saddle up with.

So they're either glamorized or villainized. Very little in between.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
there is always the spiritual foundation, recall how " we wage war not against flesh"? That is in this arena as well, the Jews are His Own, and Christians are grafted in. The U.S.A. was dedicated to God by President Washington at the church that still stands just a few blocks from the scene of 911. The only two nations with this spiritual foundation and dedication to the Creator.

Jul 9, 2020
Why do people hate jews? It basically comes down to this:

Despite being a small minority, they consistently work their way into positions of power in whatever country they happen to settle in. Once they start to wield control, they use that power to promote their own interests, which are often at odds with the interests of their host country. This creates a lot of animosity. The people of the host country eventual say "enough". That's why they've been kicked out of one place after another for thousands of years. It's didn't start with the Nazi's. Not by a long shot.

Here's what Martin Luther had to say about jews:
"What shall we Christians do with this rejected and condemned people, the Jews? Since they live among us, we dare not tolerate their conduct now that we are aware of their lying and reviling and blaspheming. If we do, we become sharers in their lies, cursing and blasphemy. Thus, we cannot extinguish the unquenchable fire of divine wrath, of which the prophets speak, nor can we convert the Jews. With prayer and the fear of God we must practice a sharp mercy to see whether we might save at least a few from the glowing flames. We dare not avenge ourselves. Vengeance a thousand times worse than we could wish them already has them by the throat. I shall give you my sincere advice:

First to set fire to their synagogues or schools and to bury and cover with dirt whatever will not burn, so that no man will ever again see a stone or cinder of them. This is to be done in honor of our Lord and of Christendom, so that God might see that we are Christians, and do not condone or knowingly tolerate such public lying, cursing, and blaspheming of his Son and of his Christians. For whatever we tolerated in the past unknowingly and I myself was unaware of it will be pardoned by God. But if we, now that we are informed, were to protect and shield such a house for the Jews, existing right before our very nose, in which they lie about, blaspheme, curse, vilify, and defame Christ and us (as was heard above), it would be the same as if we were doing all this and even worse ourselves, as we very well know.

Second, I advise that their houses also be razed and destroyed. For they pursue in them the same aims as in their synagogues. Instead they might be lodged under a roof or in a barn, like the gypsies. This will bring home to them that they are not masters in our country, as they boast, but that they are living in exile and in captivity, as they incessantly wail and lament about us before God.

Third, I advise that all their prayer books and Talmudic writings, in which such idolatry, lies, cursing and blasphemy are taught, be taken from them. (remainder omitted)

Fourth, I advise that their rabbis be forbidden to teach henceforth on pain of loss of life and limb. For they have justly forfeited the right to such an office by holding the poor Jews captive with the saying of Moses (Deuteronomy 17 [:10 ff.]) in which he commands them to obey their teachers on penalty of death, although Moses clearly adds: “what they teach you in accord with the law of the Lord.” Those villains ignore that. They wantonly employ the poor people’s obedience contrary to the law of the Lord and infuse them with this poison, cursing, and blasphemy. In the same way the pope also held us captive with the declaration in Matthew 16 {:18], “You are Peter,” etc., inducing us to believe all the lies and deceptions that issued from his devilish mind. He did not teach in accord with the word of God, and therefore he forfeited the right to teach.

Fifth, I advise that safe-conduct on the highways be abolished completely for the Jews. For they have no business in the countryside, since they are not lords, officials, tradesmen, or the like. Let they stay at home. (...remainder omitted).

Sixth, I advise that usury be prohibited to them, and that all cash and treasure of silver and gold be taken from them and put aside for safekeeping. The reason for such a measure is that, as said above, they have no other means of earning a livelihood than usury, and by it they have stolen and robbed from us all they possess. Such money should now be used in no other way than the following: Whenever a Jew is sincerely converted, he should be handed one hundred, two hundred, or three hundred florins, as personal circumstances may suggest. With this he could set himself up in some occupation for the support of his poor wife and children, and the maintenance of the old or feeble. For such evil gains are cursed if they are not put to use with God’s blessing in a good and worthy cause.

Seventh, I commend putting a flail, an ax, a hoe, a spade, a distaff, or a spindle into the hands of young, strong Jews and Jewesses and letting them earn their bread in the sweat of their brow, as was imposed on the children of Adam (Gen 3[:19]}. For it is not fitting that they should let us accursed Goyim toil in the sweat of our faces while they, the holy people, idle away their time behind the stove, feasting and farting, and on top of all, boasting blasphemously of their lordship over the Christians by means of our sweat. No, one should toss out these lazy rogues by the seat of their pants."

- The Jews and Their Lies.
Martin Luther

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
no idea..it doesnt seem rational because the Jewish people didint go round slaughtering others or bullying and enslaving people.

I think cos they werent 'white' in Nazi germany, they werent germans, they didnt assimilate into their culture, they spoke a different language, they kept apart.

where the Jews went to other lands cos of the diaspora, they just didnt fit into their host country, kept separate customs, ate different food and prayed to God instead of the idols that everyone else worshipped and prayed to. Book of Daniel kind of shows this. Daniel was put into the lions den cos it was a crime to not bow down before the idol when the music played for king nebuchadnezzar.

So maybe it was jealousy, a lot of cultures were not tolerant of different practices.

this not only goes for Jews but lots of other cultures, people just hate what they dont or refuse to understand.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Wait, people hate Jews?

I mean... I've seen it on TV, but I didn't think it was REAL! Nobody I know of around here hates Jews. I thought it was just the media trying to fill air time with sensationalism, like they always do.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Not that some hate people so much as some love hate and give it first place, luther's hate gave us ww2 and the adversaries attempt to destroy to turn the Chosen People into the valley of dry bones. The more I read of him the more I understand how thick between the ears are some of the lutherans I know, but look where they came from, pretty much "catholic lite", another religion when we are required to be in relationship.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
Hatred of the Jews was, is, and will always be Satanic in nature.

The Messiah came from Jewish heritage. The Messiah will cast Satan into the lake of 🔥

That’s more than enough reason for Satan to hate the Jews.

Christians of course should hate NO ONE, least of all Jesus’s human bloodline.

Matthew 25:
40 And the King will answer and say to them, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me.’

Jesus is speaking to the sheep here, but He differentiates between them, and “My Brethren”.

I believe He is referring to how Christians are treating His human bloodline. Especially during the Great Tribulation.

M

MoonCresta

Ok - thank you all for your replies. My uneducated opinion was that it was jealousy. Not the same kind of jealousy when I see a brother pulling up in a REALLY nice truck, but I was thinking it was jealousy all the same. Also group hate. Like I heard in a movie one time, "People are stupid - individually people are smart and intelligent, but collectively, we're pretty dumb." (paraphrasing)

(was that Men In Black?)

Regardless I'm standing with Israel. I've read stories about what happens to people that oppose them! :eek::)

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Wise decision Mooncresta, PennEd and all who are truly His.
blessings

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
no idea..it doesnt seem rational because the Jewish people didint go round slaughtering others or bullying and enslaving people.
We must be reading/have read different books; mine is called the Bible. What is yours called?

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
I think people think Jews are lazy, because they tend not to work on Saturdays. But this is just their religion, and they do work on Sundays instead. But then the same people think the Jews are sacrilegious, for profaning a holy day.

Also, the whole circumcision thing. I mean, everybody does it, but normal people have it done quietly in a hospital with a doctor and anesthetic. Jews turn it into a celebration and make it into a big show, and people get jealous that the Jew got a party and all the attention whilst most others would be lucky to get a lollypop and a "shush, shush, don't cry baby". Even this would probably be tolerable, but then to add insult to injury, Jews are often caught wearing those yarmulkes about the place. It just confuses people, and people can't figure out whether the Jews love silly hats on their heads - or abhor them.

I think the thing that tips most people over the edge though, is bacon. Jews don't eat bacon, because they claim it comes from pigs. However, when making this claim, most Jews have never tasted how good bacon is. For anyone who has tasted bacon, it is almost a certainty that someone who calls such delicious food unclean just cannot be trusted about anything.

If Jews would just learn to work on Saturdays, circumcise more quietly and enjoy a BLC toastie with the rest of us, I think this would go a long way to stopping the hatred.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
We must be reading/have read different books; mine is called the Bible. What is yours called?
Mine is called the Holy Bible.

Yours must just be a bible.

Joseph was hated by his own brothers because he was favoured by his dad. So it was probably just that.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Judah, the line that jewish people came from, became the rulers of Israel because of the blessing. He was the next eldest after Ruben, who slept with his dads wife apparently. Also Judah was merciful to Joseph after he realised everyone else was mean to him.

dysfunctional families huh?!

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Bilah - the concubine (lesser wife)

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
4 eldest sons by Leah - Judah was actually the fourth.
But simeon and Levi forfeited their blessing because of the cruelty they exhibited toward ther sister Dinahs boyfriend. (basically they killed him)

Judah got the lions share of the blessing to be rulers and kings by dad Jacob (Israel) and because he was merciful to Joseph the favoured son of Rachel.

Jesus is descended from Judahs line...