Why do people hate the Jews?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

EnglishChick

Apr 20, 2021
England UK
Ok - thank you all for your replies. My uneducated opinion was that it was jealousy. Not the same kind of jealousy when I see a brother pulling up in a REALLY nice truck, but I was thinking it was jealousy all the same. Also group hate. Like I heard in a movie one time, "People are stupid - individually people are smart and intelligent, but collectively, we're pretty dumb." (paraphrasing)

(was that Men In Black?)

Regardless I'm standing with Israel. I've read stories about what happens to people that oppose them! :eek::)
Good for you @mooncresta. Me too!

EnglishChick

Apr 20, 2021
England UK
Not that some hate people so much as some love hate and give it first place, luther's hate gave us ww2 and the adversaries attempt to destroy to turn the Chosen People into the valley of dry bones. The more I read of him the more I understand how thick between the ears are some of the lutherans I know, but look where they came from, pretty much "catholic lite", another religion when we are required to be in relationship.
I have a lot of respect for Luther's views on salvation and his part in the reformation but I cannot stomach his hatred of the jews. Anti-Semitism should not be part of any Christians mindset. Or any racism come to that

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021
I live the Israelis - why wouldn't I? My Lord and Savior is Jewish!

I hear and see in print that some people hate the Jews, but they never give a coherent reason. Kinda like Trump haters. Never see or hear a good reason for the hate, but wow, is it ever there!

I really don't know why - can anyone help me on this?
Israel should not exist. It survives by God's grace and through many miracles. Ishmael was the founder of the Arab tribes and there was enmity between Isaac and Ishmael from the beginning.

Israel is God's visible evidence that He can and does fulfill His word. Much of the world does not want to know God or His ways. When the Jews were scattered after Rome destroyed the nation, God still blessed them. Many became jealous, especially as Jews tended to remain aloof from everyone else. Jews became the world's financiers. If Hitler had treated the Jews the same as other Germans, he may well have won WW2. But Hitler hated the Jews and blamed them for all the world's problems. Little did he know that his evil prompted the world to bring about the creation of Israel.

The current nation of Israel is much smaller in area than the are that God gave to Israel when they left Egypt. Those who oppose Israel, oppose God. And that is exactly why people are turning on Israel. As the "Christian" nations desert Christian principles, they are less inclined to be sympathetic to Israel. While Sunni Muslim countries are starting to have business and diplomatic relations with Israel, it is purely pragmatic. The power of Shia Iran scares Sunni Islam and Israel is the only country with the ability to restrain Iran.

Mar 4, 2020
"why do people hate the X group?"

Unfortunately, everyone is hated by someone.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
any hate is from the realm of darkness, God's realm is love.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Beware of those who say they are Jews but are not, rather they are an assembly of Satan.

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI
"
In 1930 Rutherford produced a larger volume on the same theme called Life.But suddenly he repudiated his beliefs respecting the Jews. Life was withdrawn from circulation,[2] and in 1932 Rutherford proclaimed that "fleshly Israel" had no specific role to play in salvation history. He wrote:

The Jews were evicted from Palestine and `their house left unto them desolate' because they rejected Christ Jesus, the beloved and anointed King of Jehovah. To this day the Jews have not repented of this wrongful act committed by their forefathers. Many of them have been returned to the land of Palestine, but they have been induced to go there because of selfishness and for sentimental reasons.
During the long period elapsing from the time of their expulsion to the present day the Jews have not "borne the shame of the heathen" for Jehovah's sake, nor for the name of Christ. During all this period of time, and particularly during the World War, the true followers of Christ Jesus devoted to God, and to his kingdom, have been bearing the shame of the heathen and have been hated by all the nations for Christ's sake and the sake of Jehovah's name. (Matt. 24: 9: Mark 13: 13)
In contrast to this, during the World War the Jews received recognition of the heathen nations. In 1917 the Balfour Declaration, sponsored by the heathen governments of Satan's organization, came forth, recognized the Jews, and bestowed upon them great favors. In this the seventh world power [the British Empire] took the lead. Now Big Business and other wings of Satan's organization place the Jews alongside of and in the same category as the Gentiles. Heretofore even God's people have overlooked the fact that the affairs of God's kingdom with reference to the things of the earth are of far greater importance than the rehabilitation of that little strip of land on the eastern side of the Mediterranean sea. The Jews have received more attention at their hands than they have really deserved. Therefore this prophecy [of Isaiah] must have its chief fulfillment upon the true people of God's kingdom which are now on earth."​
https://www.bible.ca/jw-penton-3rdreich.htm

K

kaylagrl

"
In 1930 Rutherford produced a larger volume on the same theme called Life.But suddenly he repudiated his beliefs respecting the Jews. Life was withdrawn from circulation,[2] and in 1932 Rutherford proclaimed that "fleshly Israel" had no specific role to play in salvation history. He wrote:

The Jews were evicted from Palestine and `their house left unto them desolate' because they rejected Christ Jesus, the beloved and anointed King of Jehovah. To this day the Jews have not repented of this wrongful act committed by their forefathers. Many of them have been returned to the land of Palestine, but they have been induced to go there because of selfishness and for sentimental reasons.​
During the long period elapsing from the time of their expulsion to the present day the Jews have not "borne the shame of the heathen" for Jehovah's sake, nor for the name of Christ. During all this period of time, and particularly during the World War, the true followers of Christ Jesus devoted to God, and to his kingdom, have been bearing the shame of the heathen and have been hated by all the nations for Christ's sake and the sake of Jehovah's name. (Matt. 24: 9: Mark 13: 13)​
In contrast to this, during the World War the Jews received recognition of the heathen nations. In 1917 the Balfour Declaration, sponsored by the heathen governments of Satan's organization, came forth, recognized the Jews, and bestowed upon them great favors. In this the seventh world power [the British Empire] took the lead. Now Big Business and other wings of Satan's organization place the Jews alongside of and in the same category as the Gentiles. Heretofore even God's people have overlooked the fact that the affairs of God's kingdom with reference to the things of the earth are of far greater importance than the rehabilitation of that little strip of land on the eastern side of the Mediterranean sea. The Jews have received more attention at their hands than they have really deserved. Therefore this prophecy [of Isaiah] must have its chief fulfillment upon the true people of God's kingdom which are now on earth."​
https://www.bible.ca/jw-penton-3rdreich.htm
Would you agree or disagree with his opinion?

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
I really don't know why - can anyone help me on this?
There may be many reasons for the irrational hatred of Jews and they go all the way back to the time of Israel in Egypt.

1. God chose Israel (the Israelites, later on called "Jews") as a special nation in contrast to all the Gentile nations. And He placed His favor over Jerusalem and Palestine. Thus the surrounding nations automatically became enemies of the Jews.

2. When Christ was on earth, the Jewish religious leaders hated Him and plotted to have Him killed. They managed to influence the Jewish mob to call for His crucifixion, and the mob cried out that His innocent blood should upon their heads and the heads of their children. This became a reality after the Jews were exiled from Judea and went to Europe.

3. Europe became "Christian" continent and the Europeans became anti-Semitic. They persecuted and discriminated against the Jews, which meant that the Jews were constantly harassed and troubled. In spite of this God enabled them to prosper and they became the bankers and merchants of Europe, until they were in control of European business and industry.

4. Hitler and Stalin were demonically (or Satanically) controlled individuals who focused on hating Jews and inciting hatred against them. So anti-Semitism intensified and brought about the Holocaust.

5. At the same time certain Jews cannot be excused from inciting hatred against themselves by the things which they did. Communism was primarily a Jewish movement which destroyed Russia and is now destroying America.

6. The majority of American billionaires and millionaires are Jews. But they do not work for the good of America. Rather they spend their billions undermining the United States. This creates hatred for the Jews in general.

7. Hollywood and the media are also controlled by wealthy Jews, who are also engaged in destroying America. So that creates more hatred.

8. Jews have generally favored and supported the Democratic party, and this party is dedicated to the destruction of America also. This further creates hatred for Jews. The funny thing is that these American Jews also hate Israel and would rather support the enemies of Israel. Bernie Sanders is a good example.

9. There is a small cabal of extremely wealthy Jews who are essentially Satanists. Their main goal in life is to enslave the world and to establish totalitarianism in all the free countries. The Rothschilds are the leading family in this conspiracy, but George Soros is not too far behind. Bill Gates is also a Jew who pretends to be a Gentile. The majority of corporations in America are owned by two major corporations, which in turn are controlled by the Rothschilds. All the mainstream media dismiss this as "conspiracy theories" but the book Planet Rothschild: The Forbidden History of the New World Order confirms that there is much truth to this.

10. As far as Christians are concerned we are to love the Jews and seek for their salvation and their wellbeing. Which means that governments which support Israel should be encouraged to continue doing so. Whether we admit it or not, Israel could not have survived for 70 years unless God's had had been over it.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Just as with Americans, Chinese, Europeans and on down the line, there are good Jews and there are bad Jews.

Takepeople as they come to you, individually.

Remember we are told this somewhat in the Book, Revelation, "Beware of those who say they are Jews but are not. Rather they are a synagogue of Satan."

Learn what this means.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Beware of those who say they are Jews but are not. They are a synagogue of Satan. You will know them by their works.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
my first ancestor in the U.S. was a Rosenberg or Rosenberger, perhaps I have lineage with the chosen ones as well.

Jul 9, 2020
@shittim
Hey man. I shouldn't have posted that. I had anticipated you laughing and saying something like "Ya we always thought something was a little off with aunt Ethel."