Why do people say that the soul don't die .When the BIBLE says, GOD says ALL souls are mine, the soul that sineth it shall die,

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jan 4, 2020
washburn Tn
GOD told Adam that he would die, Satan told Eve that she would surely not die, Who do you believe ???????
If you believe that the soul, doesn't die, Who dose that ,say you believe, GOD OR Satan ???????

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Why do people say that the soul don't die .When the BIBLE says, GOD says ALL souls are mine, the soul that sineth it shall die
All you have to do is substitute "people" or "persons" for "souls", and the meaning is quite clear.

What that means is that the eternal destiny of all people is in the hands of God. Those who sin and remain in their sins will be eternally separated from God. While physical death is for all human being, eternal death (the second death) is only for those who have not been saved by grace, and been born again.

Souls and spirits are imperishable. Their eternal destiny is either in Heaven or in Hell.

Nov 16, 2019
GOD told Adam that he would die, Satan told Eve that she would surely not die, Who do you believe ???????
If you believe that the soul, doesn't die, Who dose that ,say you believe, GOD OR Satan ???????
Remember, 'life and death' also refers to the quality of life.
Eternal life/death is a quality of life as much as it is an everlasting life/death.

Jan 4, 2020
washburn Tn
All you have to do is substitute "people" or "persons" for "souls", and the meaning is quite clear.

What that means is that the eternal destiny of all people is in the hands of God. Those who sin and remain in their sins will be eternally separated from God. While physical death is for all human being, eternal death (the second death) is only for those who have not been saved by grace, and been born again.

Souls and spirits are imperishable. Their eternal destiny is either in Heaven or in Hell.
IF I'm separated and not dead ,This makes GOD a lier, THIS IS believeing Satan over GOD, GOD said that you will die,
Satan is the one that said that they would surly not die, So this puts you believing Satan And not GOD,

Shell not the day of the Lord be darkness in not light even very dark and no brightness in it, This is what happens when we don't stand on the word of GOD,

Jan 4, 2020
washburn Tn
Remember, 'life and death' also refers to the quality of life.
Eternal life/death is a quality of life as much as it is an everlasting life/death.
Where in the BIBLE do you get that the soul & spirit is imperishable BUT from Satan, HE is the one that said that you would surly not die.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
To the title, it is foretelling the fate of all unsaved…………….

Jan 4, 2020
washburn Tn
Where in the BIBLE do you get that the soul & spirit is imperishable BUT from Satan, HE is the one that said that you would surly not die.
We don't have immortality ,The only way we can have immortality is through JESUS, Paul says that we put on immortality, THIS means that we don't have immortality, WE HAFT TO GET IT FROM JESUS , And he is only going to give it to those that obey HIM,

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
i never said souls don't die.

i said living and dying are not the same as existing.

you exist in life, or you exist in death.

Jan 4, 2020
washburn Tn
To the title, it is foretelling the fate of all unsaved…………….
They will die, this means to PERISH, WHEN something perishes, IT is gone back to the earth, LIKE GOD says'

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are.
And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.
(Revelation 20:10)
@bud62

tell me how a soul can be tormented day and night forever and ever if they cease to exist?

Jan 4, 2020
washburn Tn
They will die, this means to PERISH, WHEN something perishes, IT is gone back to the earth, LIKE GOD says'
Their fate is they are going to die, which is to perish, to perish is to be gone.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Their fate is they are going to die, which is to perish, to perish is to be gone.

If anyone worships the beast and his image, and receives his mark on his forehead or on his hand, he himself shall also drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out full strength into the cup of His indignation. He shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb. And the smoke of their torment ascends forever and ever; and they have no rest day or night, who worship the beast and his image, and whoever receives the mark of his name.
(Revelation 14:9-11)

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013

And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.
(Matthew 25:46)
who is punished eternally?
imaginary souls who do not exist?
or souls who exist eternally in the punishment of the second death?

Jan 4, 2020
washburn Tn
The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are.
And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.
(Revelation 20:10)
@bud62

tell me how a soul can be tormented day and night forever and ever if they cease to exist?
I do not believe that you have study in the BIBLE on the word forever, a lot of the time it is not eternity
When this world is destroyed, How could you say, that time was still going. when it started with this world
, Don't you think that it makes since that when this world ends, that time will end also. And it also go's right a long with the BIBLE.

Jan 4, 2020
washburn Tn
If anyone worships the beast and his image, and receives his mark on his forehead or on his hand, he himself shall also drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out full strength into the cup of His indignation. He shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb. And the smoke of their torment ascends forever and ever; and they have no rest day or night, who worship the beast and his image, and whoever receives the mark of his name.
(Revelation 14:9-11)
Time started at creation, so it will end when GOD destroys this world,

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
But whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to stumble, it would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck, and he were thrown into the sea. If your hand causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter into life maimed, rather than having two hands, to go to hell, into the fire that shall never be quenched — where
‘Their worm does not die
And the fire is not quenched.’
And if your foot causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life lame, rather than having two feet, to be cast into hell, into the fire that shall never be quenched — where
‘Their worm does not die
And if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out. It is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye, rather than having two eyes, to be cast into hell fire — where
‘Their worm does not die

(Mark 9:42-48)

how long does it take to burn up a soul?
20 minutes?
an hour?
a year?
a million years?
so why is this fire never quenched if these souls don't even exist anymore after a half an hour?

how do these worms consume these souls forever if the souls don't even exist after a week?

is Jesus ignorant? was Isaiah, whom He quotes, speaking nonsense?
or are existence & life/death separate issues?

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
I do not believe that you have study in the BIBLE on the word forever, a lot of the time it is not eternity
o that's too bad :(

i really thought Christ had promised us eternal life, to live forever

i guess you are telling me God, who lives forever, really doesn't - just 'for a lot of time'
and when He says we will have eternal life He just means we'll reach a ripe old age before we don't exist anymore?

oh -- or are you using a double standard to support your unscriptural position of cessation of existence?
making God speak out of both sides of His mouth?

Jan 4, 2020
washburn Tn
And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.
(Matthew 25:46)
who is punished eternally?
imaginary souls who do not exist?
or souls who exist eternally in the punishment of the second death?
The BIBLE says that there will be no more death, It will be the last enemy put under foot. And here you are saying that it will never end, GOD says it will, And I believe GOD,

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
The BIBLE says that there will be no more death, It will be the last enemy put under foot. And here you are saying that it will never end, GOD says it will, And I believe GOD,
God says the wicked will go into eternal punishment forever and ever.

you say it's only a little while and then they don't exist.

you need to re-evaluate your position; you're contradicting Christ.

death is not ceasing to exist. the lake of fire is the second death and God says those cast in it - even death itself - are tormented forever and ever. eternally existing in a state of death, separated from the presence of God. they become as cinder and ash - existing as cinder and ashes.

been trying to explain this to you for weeks now, but you reject every scripture i remind you of without even pausing to consider.
maybe it's time i stop.

Jan 4, 2020
washburn Tn
But whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to stumble, it would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck, and he were thrown into the sea. If your hand causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter into life maimed, rather than having two hands, to go to hell, into the fire that shall never be quenched — where
‘Their worm does not die
And if your foot causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life lame, rather than having two feet, to be cast into hell, into the fire that shall never be quenched — where
‘Their worm does not die
And if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out. It is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye, rather than having two eyes, to be cast into hell fire — where
‘Their worm does not die
(Mark 9:42-48)

how long does it take to burn up a soul?
20 minutes?
an hour?
a year?
a million years?
so why is this fire never quenched if these souls don't even exist anymore after a half an hour?

how do these worms consume these souls forever if the souls don't even exist after a week?

is Jesus ignorant? was Isaiah, whom He quotes, speaking nonsense?
or are existence & life/death separate issues?
Quenched means that it can not be put out, But it don't mean that it don't go out, And you can see this in the BIBLE,A few times, HAPPEN Just like Sodom & Gomorrha , suffering the vengeance of eternal fire, it's not burning today, it what the fire dose that's eternal, not the fire it's self that eternal, When the fire burns the wicked to ashes, this will be eternal punishment, not the fire.