Why do so many Christians end up in Hell?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
U

UnderGrace

I disagree with you. Since the Lord shows a few of us in vision (check hell and heaven testimonies on youtube) that there are many in Hell already burning and tortured. Who will be resurrected to be judged? Those who will live in the 1000 year of reign of Christ.
"it's God's judgement to make" - of course only the Lord can judge but it is also up to Him if He want to reveal anything to us that takes place right now.
You may want to consider abondoning YouTube in favour of the Bible.

Sep 3, 2016
When people leave the Cross and turn to other things, which millions are now doing, the Scripture says of them: "Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils" (1 Timothy 4:1).

Needless to say, such individuals, as with the lukewarm and as with those who have a form of godliness, are labeled by the Lord as unsaved, despite their claims, and will not go in the rapture nor enter the strait gate and narrow way that leads unto life. Many people believe they are in Christ, but have a make believe salvation.

Many are proclaiming Christ, but forsaking the Cross (lukewarm). This is also called "spiritual adultery (Rom. 7:1-4)."

If you leave the Cross you enter death!

JSM

H

Hevosmies358

You may want to consider abondoning YouTube in favour of the Bible.
Nah I saw a youtube video that said you dont need the Bible just listen to what God tells you directly.

Just joking. But im not joking about people like that on youtube, if you dont believe me, look up "bible is mark of the beast". YES there are people saying that.

I wonder what happens when God tells these people different things, how do they check who is right? One who has the more fancy message, more polished?

Thats why the Bible is a good tool to have, we can go back and check what these prophets are saying. THE OT SAINTS (and in corinth in the beginning) HAD NO SUCH PRIVILEGE. How they ever knew who was a real prophet, is beyond me.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
We have a YouTube theologian here. He couldn't possibly have it wrong.

C

Cariad

Job was a human being, are you different species? If He needed permission for Job, He needs it for all other human beings.
Scripture doesn't say Satan needs permission every time. Satan was already going around the earth tempting people. That is why God asked him if he tried Job. Satan already tried but couldn't tempt Job due to God's blessings

preston39

Dec 18, 2017
We all are going through trials at certain points of our life when Satan makes requests of God to swift us and sadly many fall and do not stand up. Is it because they are lukewarm Christians or lacking of faith?

Both.
First, lacking of faith.
Luke warm Christians...I call them secular Christians....are acting as Christian..... outwardly only, with no internal spiritual commitment.
We have a big % of the "Christian Group".

preston39

Dec 18, 2017
Satan doesn't need permission from God to tempt us. This was one instance with Job where he went to God.

Not biblical.
Yes he does.
Nothing happens without ........G-d allowing it to happen.
If that were not the case the outcome of the war in Heaven would have been different.

You need to study scriptures.

U

UnderGrace

Nah I saw a youtube video that said you dont need the Bible just listen to what God tells you directly.

Just joking. But im not joking about people like that on youtube, if you dont believe me, look up "bible is mark of the beast". YES there are people saying that.

I wonder what happens when God tells these people different things, how do they check who is right? One who has the more fancy message, more polished?

Thats why the Bible is a good tool to have, we can go back and check what these prophets are saying. THE OT SAINTS (and in corinth in the beginning) HAD NO SUCH PRIVILEGE. How they ever knew who was a real prophet, is beyond me.
True, I have thought of this as well.

C

Cariad

Not biblical.
Yes he does.
Nothing happens without ........G-d allowing it to happen.
If that were not the case the outcome of the war in Heaven would have been different.

You need to study scriptures.
I love when people always throw in the you need to study scriptures as if someone doesn't. The argument I was making is Satan doesn't go to heaven every time he wants to tempt us. We also have free will to do whatever we want. God knows what is going to happen and doesn't intervene in some cases. This doesn't mean that Satan needs permission and go to heaven every single time he wants to do something.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
I am reading M. Scott Peck, M.D.’s book about the hope for healing human evil. He laments that the science of psychology has only accepted evil, never studied it.

In this book he points out that evil people are drawn to the church because they only lie to themselves and the world. In the church they can cover up their basic desire to harm. Scott points to pride as a major source of evil, humbleness and honesty is needed to combat it.

Dec 12, 2013
We all are going through trials at certain points of our life when Satan makes requests of God to swift us and sadly many fall and do not stand up. Is it because they are lukewarm Christians or lacking of faith?
No true Christian (a.k.a. believer will ever end up in hell and disregard post 2......the bible is clear...not only did Korah and his band go alive down into the PIT, JESUS was clear in Luke 16 when he spoke of the rich man and where he was at.....

E

eternally-gratefull

I might be not understanding a few things in the gospel but I see that you just want to imagine that everyone is going to heaven as this is the most outrageous lies of the devil and it is done subtlety so Christian won't do research about this matter. This is enough for the devil to drag most of us down when we die. Big and terrifying surprises are waiting for them when they realise that they are not in heaven. Huuuhhh! Open your eyes and start walking - asking the Lord to show you the truth about Christians going to hell in huge numbers.
1. I never said everyone is going to heaven
2. Satan will deceive. And if you are not open to see what others see. You are prone to his deception because his biggest discretion is pride

Once again not everyone who professes to be Christian is born again. Whoever has been born again shall never see hell

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
I disagree with you. Since the Lord shows a few of us in vision (check hell and heaven testimonies on youtube) that there are many in Hell already burning and tortured. Who will be resurrected to be judged? Those who will live in the 1000 year of reign of Christ.
"it's God's judgement to make" - of course only the Lord can judge but it is also up to Him if He want to reveal anything to us that takes place right now.
Strangers on youtube that you literally don't know from Adam, who are giving some personal testimony without any evidence, are NOT the kinds of things that constitute PROOF.

Lots of people in the world make all kinds of claims.
Simply choosing to believe some of them, without any justification, is not really a sound way to arrive at your beliefs.

The original apostles on the the other hand, were PROVEN to be speaking for God by the attendance of miracles.
Their ministries were attended by physical miracles, in the physical world, which were empirically provable.
God left us with NO DOUBT OF ANY KIND that these were his prophets, and they were speaking for him.

Some guy on youtube who just claims to have a vision... he just isn't in the same category.

You can believe whatever you want.
But to believe incredible claims with no proof or evidence of any kind...
that fits the definition of gullible.

preston39

Dec 18, 2017
I love when people always throw in the you need to study scriptures as if someone doesn't. The argument I was making is Satan doesn't go to heaven every time he wants to tempt us. We also have free will to do whatever we want. God knows what is going to happen and doesn't intervene in some cases. This doesn't mean that Satan needs permission and go to heaven every single time he wants to do something.
WOW...guess scripture is wrong then....and I won't buy that;

The Bible tells us that Satan is...." the accuser of the Christian (brethren)"....and that Christ sits on the right hand of G-d and is our intercessor...hired attorney.....if you will...and If we have repented of the charge when Satan enters the allegation of offense against us......Christ pleads our case and...."it is remembered no more". , et al.

So..Show scripture supporting your statement?

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
MORE:

When a complete stranger says something on youtube without any proof of any kind, that doesn't constitute proof.

It doesn't constitute PROOF.
It doesn't even constitute GOOD evidence.
It doesn't even constitute WEAK evidence.
It doesn't constitute any evidence at all.

It is just words... words spoken by someone you don't even know.

God tells us, in scripture, over and over, NOT to be ignorant, NOT to be deceived, NOT to just be believe whatever someone happens to say.

We are to be discerning.

preston39

Dec 18, 2017
timed out.....

......don't ask me to explain what communication system G-d has with Satan. ......because the Bible is somewhat pale on that info. Further, why do we need to know?

breno785au

Jul 23, 2013
Australia
Do you consider yourself one of them?

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI
1 John 2:19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI
1 Thessalonians 3:13 To the end he may stablish your hearts unblameable in holiness before God, even our Father, at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ with all his saints.

Jude 1:14 And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,

Scripture does not indicate that people are in hell at this time. Luke 16 speaks of the two compartments in the grave. Paradise was moved to heaven around the Resurrection and Ascension of Jesus.

Ephesians 4:8 Easy-to-Read Version (ERV)
8 That is why the Scriptures say,

“He went up high into the sky;
he took prisoners with him,
and he gave gifts to people.”

Luke 23:43 Then Jesus said to him, “I promise you, today you will be with me in paradise.”

2 Corinthians 12:3-4 And I know that this man was taken up to paradise. I don’t know if he was in his body or away from his body, but he heard things that he is not able to explain. He heard things that no one is allowed to tell.

Revelation 2:7 “Everyone who hears this should listen to what the Spirit says to the churches. To those who win the victory I will give the right to eat the fruit from the tree of life, which is in God’s paradise.