Why do so many Christians end up in Hell?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
I wrote that mostly for the one you labeled and condemned.
To answer your question, about as much as I suggested the other person care about what you said to him. That being, zero.
But we should care about what is written concerning what we both say and do. Which is why I included scripture.
I am no 1, but the bible is the word of God, and it would behoove us to both listen and do what is written in God's word.
Yes, the Bible is the word of God. However, this forum is intended for discussion, which includes opinions, views, perspectives and thoughts. So, you are welcome to share what you think, as am I.

Now... if you'd like to start fresh, I'm willing to give you the opportunity.

TLC209

Mar 20, 2019
Merced, CA
When you tried to add all the things you think you must do

If the foundation can be broken, then christ is broken.

I do not believe you cn fall off the foundation, Because christs foundation is secure, You fall on uneven unsecure ground, not on a firm foundation.
You havent made any point. You actually are arguing against Jesus and making a bad judgement.

LUKE 6
46 “So why do you keep calling me ‘Lord, Lord!’ when you don’t do what I say? 47 I will show you what it’s like when someone comes to me, listens to my teaching, and then follows it. 48 It is like a person building a house who digs deep and lays the foundation on solid rock. When the floodwaters rise and break against that house, it stands firm because it is well built. 49 But anyone who hears and doesn’t obey is like a person who builds a house right on the ground, without a foundation. When the floods sweep down against that house, it will collapse into a heap of ruins.”

How can someone say they belong to Jesus but doesnt DO what God asks from us. Someone who does what God says is likened to someone "building, digging, laying" all actions. All actions constructive to our foundation of Jesus.

You say you dont have to do anything. That my friend is YOUR ERROR. Not mine. We will do all that Jesus asks and commands because we belong to Him. He is what we base our foundation on. Everything we do must be through Him for Him. There are things God asks of us.

Someone who doesnt OBEY is likened to a person who doesnt have a foundation. And their ruin is great when they are hit with trouble. So clearly OBEYING is attributed to SOLID FOUNDATION.

I pointed out in my previous post that if we do things carnaly we can be building on our own merits and not leaning to God for guidance. When trouble hits a person can get discouraged. Ive seen people hit this one when we listen to our own devices and then question God why did He allow this to happen... this was not built in OBEDIENCE. This was what I was trying to say before you came at me harshly.

Good luck friend. You said I wasnt your brother in another forum. Clearly there is no love from your part. Take care.

E

eternally-gratefull

You havent made any point. You actually are arguing against Jesus and making a bad judgement.

LUKE 6
46 “So why do you keep calling me ‘Lord, Lord!’ when you don’t do what I say? 47 I will show you what it’s like when someone comes to me, listens to my teaching, and then follows it. 48 It is like a person building a house who digs deep and lays the foundation on solid rock. When the floodwaters rise and break against that house, it stands firm because it is well built. 49 But anyone who hears and doesn’t obey is like a person who builds a house right on the ground, without a foundation. When the floods sweep down against that house, it will collapse into a heap of ruins.”

How can someone say they belong to Jesus but doesnt DO what God asks from us. Someone who does what God says is likened to someone "building, digging, laying" all actions. All actions constructive to our foundation of Jesus.

You say you dont have to do anything. That my friend is YOUR ERROR. Not mine. We will do all that Jesus asks and commands because we belong to Him. He is what we base our foundation on. Everything we do must be through Him for Him. There are things God asks of us.

Someone who doesnt OBEY is likened to a person who doesnt have a foundation. And their ruin is great when they are hit with trouble. So clearly OBEYING is attributed to SOLID FOUNDATION.

I pointed out in my previous post that if we do things carnaly we can be building on our own merits and not leaning to God for guidance. When trouble hits a person can get discouraged. Ive seen people hit this one when we listen to our own devices and then question God why did He allow this to happen... this was not built in OBEDIENCE. This was what I was trying to say before you came at me harshly.

Good luck friend. You said I wasnt your brother in another forum. Clearly there is no love from your part. Take care.
1. I am sick of your peoples little games. Show me where i ever said a person does nothing, show me where i said there is such a thing as faith that has no works.
2. I can not be part of the foundation, if i am part of the foundation, the foundation weakens, and it will collapse and break up, because i am but a lowely sinner, it must be rooted and based in christ alone.
3. You want to stand on a weak foundation, once again feel free, but stop trying to lie about what i am saying, and stop trying to fool yourself into thinking you are standing on christ when you continue to talk about what YOU MUST DO!

no1

Aug 19, 2019
Yes, the Bible is the word of God. However, this forum is intended for discussion, which includes opinions, views, perspectives and thoughts. So, you are welcome to share what you think, as am I.

Now... if you'd like to start fresh, I'm willing to give you the opportunity.
Of course, we all are welcome to share our thoughts, within reason, but it should be based on our perspective and understanding of scripture, seeing this is a Christian forum.
We should let the bible do the talking for us. Wouldn't you agree?
I will talk to anyone, so long as they have honorable motives. If I think someone has evil intentions (not ignorant), whether they be smart or not, knowledgeable or not, I will not deal with them kindly.
Just as Paul did not speak kindly to Peter when saw him doing wrong.
My care is not for the strong, but for the weak, the ignorant, the sick, the hurting, the sensitive, those with low self esteem, the faithless, and those who are afraid to stand up for what they believe.
I am against those trying to force others to fall in line with their doctrines or teachings by shaming them into submission or silencing them.
The subject of the thread is,
"Why do so many Christians end up in Hell?"
I happen to believe some Christians go to hell, as well.
I believe that, because I believe what is written in scripture.
Not just the eternal life, if you believe in Jesus, part, but scripture written to believers, telling them "IF" they don't do or if the do do such and such, then they will not go to heaven.
Which takes precedence?

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Of course, we all are welcome to share our thoughts, within reason, but it should be based on our perspective and understanding of scripture, seeing this is a Christian forum.
We should let the bible do the talking for us. Wouldn't you agree?
I will talk to anyone, so long as they have honorable motives. If I think someone has evil intentions (not ignorant), whether they be smart or not, knowledgeable or not, I will not deal with them kindly.
Just as Paul did not speak kindly to Peter when saw him doing wrong.
My care is not for the strong, but for the weak, the ignorant, the sick, the hurting, the sensitive, those with low self esteem, the faithless, and those who are afraid to stand up for what they believe.
I am against those trying to force others to fall in line with their doctrines or teachings by shaming them into submission or silencing them.
The subject of the thread is,
"Why do so many Christians end up in Hell?"
I happen to believe some Christians go to hell, as well.
I believe that, because I believe what is written in scripture.
Not just the eternal life, if you believe in Jesus, part, but scripture written to believers, telling them "IF" they don't do or if the do do such and such, then they will not go to heaven.
Which takes precedence?
Scripture takes precedence, of course. Now... does Scripture tell us who, specifically, goes to hell? No. Rather, it tells us the behaviours and beliefs that are incompatible with eternal life with God. We are required to make some sort of qualitative judgment based on the information available to us, which is incomplete at best. In turn, that means we don't know for certain, especially with others who have claimed faith in Christ and not actively rejected Him.

no1

Aug 19, 2019
Then Christ is a lair regarding John 3:16
If that were the only scripture in the bible talking about salvation, then yes, He would have been a liar, but it is not the only passage. There too many 'IF" and contrary promises in the bible for John 3:16 to take precedence over them all.

TLC209

Mar 20, 2019
Merced, CA
My purpose is to share my belief, To try to show others what I believe and why I may not believe them, And hope to learn from them and they from me, I have actually changed alot of myu views since I have been here. Have you?

My goal was to try to get you to see the flaw in your reasoning from my point of view.

You say Christ is the foundation, but then after that, said all the things you must do. In other words. YOUR your foundation, Not christ.

I can only pray you see it. But since you are like so many others and can not handle when someoen disagrees with you. And take it as a personal attack. I can not see any possibility of you saying anything but your own view

If you do not like people disagreeing with you. Your in the wrong place.
The bible doesnt say the foundation can be broken. It says the house ONE BUILDS which is an action, that can show if it was built on Jesus Christ or not.

The one who truly builds on Christ will not be shaken. Then one who builds otherwise, Jesus is not the foundation and great ruin will come to that house.

So it depends on the person what house one builds. That is our actions and depends on US. NOT CHRIST. Jesus Christ can never be broken.

E

eternally-gratefull

The bible doesnt say the foundation can be broken. It says the house ONE BUILDS which is an action, that can show if it was built on Jesus Christ or not.

The one who truly builds on Christ will not be shaken. Then one who builds otherwise, Jesus is not the foundation and great ruin will come to that house.

So it depends on the person what house one builds. That is our actions and depends on US. NOT CHRIST. Jesus Christ can never be broken.
You missed the whole point

If you build your house on Christ, it will NEVER fall. No matter what the world sends at it.

If you build your foundation on self or religion. The house will crash and birn when trouble comes at it..

My foundation is christ, Thus my house will never fall.

But you think it can fall. That can only mean your foundation is not christ. I have no other way to interpret what you believe, because those are the two options.

E

eternally-gratefull

If that were the only scripture in the bible talking about salvation, then yes, He would have been a liar, but it is not the only passage. There too many 'IF" and contrary promises in the bible for John 3:16 to take precedence over them all.
You forgot all of John and his epistle, also eph 1 -2 romans and so many other passage that agree with John 3: 16..

Dec 12, 2013
Salvation is not losable..........end of story......

The following is a comparison between the bible and salvation losers......and make no mistake...this is exactly what they peddle and or how they butcher the word of God by their losable salvation....

Bible -->I will never leave thee or forsake thee
Salvation Losers ---->Jesus is a liar and will leave us and forsake us

Bible --->We are saved to the uttermost and kept by the power of God through faith
Salvation losers --->The power of God is weak and inept, we are not saved to the uttermost and GOD does not keep us

Bible -->Jesus begins, finishes and completes the work of faith in us
Salvation losers --->WE must maintain our faith because JESUS does not finish and complete the work of faith in us

Bible -->He that believes on the SON is having everlasting/eternal life
Salvation losers --->He that believes and MAINTAINS his belief on the SON is having temporal life based upon what he does or does not do

Bible -->Therefore we conclude a man is justified by faith without the deeds/works of the law
Salvation losers -->James out of context tells us we are justified by our works before God

Bible -->It pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
Salvation losers --->It pleased God by works, church membership, baptism, pew jumping, speaking in tongues, back flipping down the isle, saying 57 hail Mary's, taking the Lord's supper, keeping the sacraments and a dozen other religiously zealous man made efforts to save them

Bible -->NOTHING can separate us from the love of GOD
Salvation losers -->Numerous things can separate us from the love of GOD

Bible--->We are in the Son's hand, the Father's hand and NO AN can remove us from that position
Salvation losers -->The above is false, we can remove ourselves because God is weak and inept

Bible -->We are sealed unto the day of redemption
Salvation losers-->The seal of God can be broken because God is weak and inept

Bible --->
Where sin abounds, grace abounds the more
Salvation losers--> We qualify, quantify sin and God's grace only covers those small sins when we mess up and for sure we have never lost it, but eternal security believers lose it because they believe they can live any way they want and live like the devil

Bible --->He that believes on the Son is not condemned
Salvation losers --> Believers are condemned all the time and returned to being goats after becoming sheep

Bible --> I will lose nothing, but raise it up the last day
Salvation losers -->God loses people all the time because he is too weak to keep them saved

Bible--> We are born again from above by INCORRUPTIBLE SEED
Salvation losers --> We are not born of incorruptible seed, because that seed can be corrupted and one die lost after being born again

Bible --> The gifts and calling of God are irrevocable
Salvation losers -->God's free GIFT of salvation can be revoked because GOD will break ALL the above promises and send one to hell after being saved

ETC.............I dare to say that salvation losers are false.....and what they peddle is not of GOD and as blasphemous as it comes......the above is a SMALL sample of scriptural promises that MUST BE DENIED, REJECTED and or SWEPT UNDER THE TABLE to peddle a dime store salvation that cannot be found in the bible and or a dime store salvation that devalues the work, promises and ministry of CHRIST!!!!!!!

Dec 12, 2013
1. I am sick of your peoples little games. Show me where i ever said a person does nothing, show me where i said there is such a thing as faith that has no works.
2. I can not be part of the foundation, if i am part of the foundation, the foundation weakens, and it will collapse and break up, because i am but a lowely sinner, it must be rooted and based in christ alone.
3. You want to stand on a weak foundation, once again feel free, but stop trying to lie about what i am saying, and stop trying to fool yourself into thinking you are standing on christ when you continue to talk about what YOU MUST DO!
MANY will come before Christ peddling exactly what these guys are peddling.........we know their destiny......

Lord, Lord have we not done blah blah blah

Same dogma....

a. Claim faith "Lord, Lord"
b. They believe entrance based partially on what they have done (WORKS in the name of JESUS)

There is a reason the number is PLENTEOUS....most so called Christian religions peddle this dogma in some form or fashion....

The simplicity found in Christ--->It pleased GOD to save those that believe!!

E

eternally-gratefull

MANY will come before Christ peddling exactly what these guys are peddling.........we know their destiny......

Lord, Lord have we not done blah blah blah

Same dogma....

a. Claim faith "Lord, Lord"
b. They believe entrance based partially on what they have done (WORKS in the name of JESUS)

There is a reason the number is PLENTEOUS....most so called Christian religions peddle this dogma in some form or fashion....

The simplicity found in Christ--->It pleased GOD to save those that believe!!
And it scares the proud who think it is too simple.. Thats why the gate is wide..

Dec 12, 2013
And it scares the proud who think it is too simple.. Thats why the gate is wide..
I can tell you with 100% conviction.....I have placed full trust in the sufficiency of Christ to not only save my, but keep me saved....HE said he will LOSE NOTHING.......if salvation can be lost or forfeit, he indeed has LOST SOMETHING....NO one will convince me of a losable salvation.....the bible does not peddle that crap in any way, shape or form......it does teach the loss of reward, broken fellowship, getting your butt cheeks whipped off by God, possible disease (evidenced by David ad the Psalms), the loss of children (evidenced by David and the Psalms and Hosea) and even the forfeiture of physical life when all else fails when God moves to correct us if we are walking contrary.....BUT it does NOT teach the loss of salvation....A son BY BIRTH will ALWAYS be a SON BY BIRTH!

E

eternally-gratefull

I can tell you with 100% conviction.....I have placed full trust in the sufficiency of Christ to not only save my, but keep me saved....HE said he will LOSE NOTHING.......if salvation can be lost or forfeit, he indeed has LOST SOMETHING....NO one will convince me of a losable salvation.....the bible does not peddle that crap in any way, shape or form......it does teach the loss of reward, broken fellowship, getting your butt cheeks whipped off by God, possible disease (evidenced by David ad the Psalms), the loss of children (evidenced by David and the Psalms and Hosea) and even the forfeiture of physical life when all else fails when God moves to correct us if we are walking contrary.....BUT it does NOT teach the loss of salvation....A son BY BIRTH will ALWAYS be a SON BY BIRTH!
He never taught conditional life. He ALWAYS taught eternal life. Not based on our goodness, But based on his mercy and grace.

Dec 12, 2013
Salvation Losers pay attention.....WORD of the DAY

IRREVOCABLE
ametamelétos: not repented of
Original Word: ἀμεταμέλητος, ον
Part of Speech: Adjective
Transliteration: ametamelétos
Phonetic Spelling: (am-et-am-el'-ay-tos)
Definition: not repented of
Usage: not to be repented of, about which no change of mind can take place, not affected by change of mind.

For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable.

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
not of works, lest anyone should boast.

And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.

Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

Lightskin

Aug 16, 2019
Jesus being the King of kings and Lord of lords, the essence of all intellect and intelligence, would have then stated quite clearly, for God so loved the world that most people who believe in him would not perish but have everlasting life. Some unfortunate ones however would go to hell.

TLC209

Mar 20, 2019
Merced, CA
Salvation Losers pay attention.....WORD of the DAY

IRREVOCABLE
ametamelétos: not repented of
Original Word: ἀμεταμέλητος, ον
Part of Speech: Adjective
Transliteration: ametamelétos
Phonetic Spelling: (am-et-am-el'-ay-tos)
Definition: not repented of
Usage: not to be repented of, about which no change of mind can take place, not affected by change of mind.

For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable.

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
not of works, lest anyone should boast.

And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.

Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.
Based on everything youve stated even the believers who do works are also saved. Not otherwise like you state. If you believe you are saved and you cannot lose your salvation. So why would people who do works lose their salvation?

Kind of ironic to be peddling that catholics wont be saved? If they believe and choose to do works doesnt change Gods grace and mercy.

Why do you contradict your own belief by saying the ones who do works wont be saved? Salvation losers as you called them. How is that so? Does doing works cause someone to lose their salvation? That contradicts everything you said. Not sure I get where the logic goes with that one?