Why do so many Christians end up in Hell?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

RickStudies

Sep 10, 2019
Why do you not leave then?

Why are you staying ?
Have you no joy here?
No one is keeping you , go rest in our LORD , and be thankful for God in ALL things...
Well I quit trying to contribute interesting Bible passages so I`m just here to amuse myself at this point. A friend of mine took a lot of delight at my expense when I showed him some of the rediculous remarks made about me here. That lightened me up a bit. I am enjoying my self today, before, not so much. It`s been a disappointment.

I did post something of a serious nature on a blog page but I`m not going to talk to anybody about what it means. It`s sort of a riddle.

RickStudies

Sep 10, 2019
[found another one]

[quoting]

"Translation History

"The first seven English translations of apostasia all rendered the noun as either “departure” or “departing.” They are as follows: Wycliffe Bible (1384); Tyndale Bible (1526); Coverdale Bible (1535); Cranmer Bible (1539); Breeches Bible (1576); Beza Bible (1583); Geneva Bible (1608).[7] This supports the notion that the word truly means “departure.” In fact, Jerome’s Latin translation known as the Vulgate from around the time of A.D. 400 renders apostasia with the “word discessio, meaning ‘departure.’”[8] Why was the King James Version the first to depart from the established translation of “departure”?

"Most scholars say that no one knows the reason for the translation shift. However, a plausible theory has been put forth by Martin Butalla in his Master of Theology thesis produced at Dallas Theology Seminary in 1998.[9] It appears that the Catholic translation into English from Jerome’s Latin Vulgate known as the Rheims Bible (1576) was the first to break the translation trend. “Apostasia was revised from ‘the departure’ to ‘the Protestant Revolt,’” explains Butalla. “Revolution is the terminology still in use today when Catholicism teaches the history of the Protestant Reformation. Under this guise, apostasia would refer to a departure of Protestants from the Catholic Church.”[10] The Catholic translators appear eager to engage in polemics against the Reformation by even allowing it to impact Bible translation. By 1611, when then original version of the King James Bible came out, the translators changed the English translation tradition from “departure” to “falling away,” which implied “apostasy.” Such a change was a theological response to the Catholic notion that the Reformation was a revolt against the true church; instead, Protestants saw Catholic beliefs as “the falling away” or “the great apostasy. This would mean that the shift in translation was not based upon research of the meaning of the original language but as a theological polemic against the false teachings of Romanism.

"It is well established that E. Schuyler English is thought to be the first pretribulationist to propose that “the departure” in 2 Thessalonians 2:3 was a physical departure and thus a reference to the pre-trib rapture. However, history records that at least a couple of men thought of this idea before English’s series of article in 1950.[11] J. S. Mabie is said to have presented the view that “the departure” refers to the rapture as early as 1859 during a prophecy conference in Los Angeles.[12] He later wrote his view in an article published in November 1895 in a periodical called Morning Star.[13] Another pre-English proponent of “the departure” as the rapture was John R. Rice in a book in 1945.[14]"

--Dr Thomas Ice, "The “Departure” in 2 Thessalonians 2:3", https://www.pre-trib.org/articles/all-articles/message/the-departure-in-2-thessalonians-2-3/read

[end quoting]
Tell what all that is supposed to mean in English!!! It`s too hard for me to follow all that.

What is the falling away in your view?

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
[found another one :D ]

646 apostasía (from 868 /aphístēmi, "leave, depart," which is derived from 575 /apó, "away from" and 2476 /histémi, "stand") – properly, departure [...]; apostasy – literally, "a leaving, from a previous standing."

[or, lit. "a standing away [from a previous standing]" -- apo stasia (see apo stasis)]

Liddell and Scott, in their Greek-English Lexicon (1871; page 93), has listed under "apostasia,"... "later form for apostasis; and under "apostasis,"... "2. departure or removal from."

Adding this:

"By this the Holy Spirit was signifying that the way into the holy places has not yet been made manifest, the first tabernacle still having a standing [*G4714 - stasin/stasis (from the base of "histemi [G2476]") - "an insurrection, dissension; originally: standing, position, place"], which is a symbol [parable/illustration/figure/similitude] for the present time..." Hebrews 9:8-9a

Wm Kelly makes the point that this verse refers to the "tabernacle" in the wilderness, not the later Temple, due to the evidence in vv.2-4 (re: the furnishings, etc...) I had made a post on that too, somewhere... :D

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
You are totally wrong! 1 Timothy 4:1 "1Now the Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith, ..." this faith is the true faith in Jesus. They had it once but then they departed from it. So they were true believer in the beginning but later they left it for some reasons (money, power, wealth, etc.)
"the faith" as used in scripture, refers to "that body of truth [as found in the NT, following His death/resurrection/exaltation]"... not to one's "personal faith" ("belief/trust" [in Christ])... so it is speaking of how some shall "depart from 'that body of truth'" (this does not require that they ever possessed/exercised personal faith in Christ and His finished work alone, for salvation... And this then describes much of what is called "Christendom"--those who come in His name, but are not vitally connected with Him [same goes for the term "lukewarm" used in Revelation])

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
Hey man, that wasn't meant to be an insult. ;) Again, I have every confidence in you... You CAN read it and grasp the point being made by that writer... I'm not going to do your homework for you... (that's if you are interested in what I am presenting there... If you're not, that's perfectly okay by me! :) )

RickStudies

Sep 10, 2019
"the faith" as used in scripture, refers to "that body of truth [as found in the NT, following His death/resurrection/exaltation]"... not to one's "personal faith" ("belief/trust" [in Christ])... so it is speaking of how some shall "depart from 'that body of truth'" (this does not require that they ever possessed/exercised personal faith in Christ and His finished work alone, for salvation... And this then describes much of what is called "Christendom"--those who come in His name, but are not vitally connected with Him [same goes for the term "lukewarm" used in Revelation])
Ok, but Jesus said He would spew them out of His mouth. Sounds like departure from the faith to me.

And what about this, from same passage of scripture. Tell me what you believe this is,

11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

RickStudies

Sep 10, 2019
Hey man, that wasn't meant to be an insult. ;) Again, I have every confidence in you... You CAN read it and grasp the point being made by that writer... I'm not going to do your homework for you... (that's if you are interested in what I am presenting there... If you're not, that's perfectly okay by me! :) )
I was just kidding, I joke a lot but my humor comes off bad online usually. part of my many character defects I guess.

E

eternally-gratefull

God shines the light on darkness , the shame is on you...

Your heart revealed what was is hidden , you kind of gloated in your post...
He has no problem judging others

But he can not admit he does the very things he judges others of doing

Sounds lik some others who have graced our humble chatroom huh?

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
I`ve taken a few liberties due to the hostility I`ve encountered. I`m not really a gloater. Consider this:

10 For his letters, say they, are weighty and powerful; but his bodily presence is weak, and his speech contemptible.

13 This witness is true. Wherefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith;

Paul was known to be rude, often unpleasant. I`m my case I said nothing that could be considered a personal attack until I had been abused quite a bit. Even then, my retaliation pales in comparison to what has been said to and about me. Before all that I was just talking Bible.
You are not Paul , and you have no patience with others who are in Christ...

Paul was never RUDE , he was BOLD , big diff...

E

eternally-gratefull

Why do you not leave then?

Why are you staying ?
Have you no joy here?
No one is keeping you , go rest in our LORD , and be thankful for God in ALL things...
I sometimes think it is all a joke to him,, see how many christians he can make look foolish or something,

E

eternally-gratefull

You are not Paul , and you have no patience with others who are in Christ...

Paul was never RUDE , he was BOLD , big diff...
Paul also practived what he preached

And if he made a mistake he owned up to it.

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017

Hi EG my brother in Christ...
I have no idea about chat rooms ...xox...

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
I was just kidding, I joke a lot but my humor comes off bad online usually. part of my many character defects I guess.
Me too (re: the bold), so I can definitely relate.

But my comment here was about your "angry" [-face] thing... is this what you are referring to? (or, a comment/post by you... that I'm missing??)

RickStudies

Sep 10, 2019

At the end of the day I judge no one and go to bed forgiving those who trespass against me and always praying that God will be merciful to the world. I wish nothing for you but God`s mercy in spite of whatever evil is in your heart towards me.

RickStudies

Sep 10, 2019
Me too (re: the bold), so I can definitely relate.

But my comment here was about your "angry" [-face] thing... is this what you are referring to? (or, a comment/post by you... that I'm missing??)
I gave you a happy face so let`s skip it.