Why do so many Churches teach a salvation doctrine opposed the the one Jesus taught?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
K

kaylagrl

You seem to be forgetting that the Five Solas say "Christ alone", "grace alone", and "faith alone". Which means that salvation by grace through faith is in Christ ALONE (and includes His finished work of redemption). "Not by works of righteousness which we have done".

Not of good that I have done, nothing but the Blood. That's why the hymns are so important.

Chester

May 23, 2016
You seem to be forgetting that the Five Solas say "Christ alone", "grace alone", and "faith alone". Which means that salvation by grace through faith is in Christ ALONE (and includes His finished work of redemption). "Not by works of righteousness which we have done".
I am not forgetting that at all. Salvation cannot be by grace alone if it by faith alone. Saying it is by 5 "alones" is contradictory.

But you may it say it that way if you want. That is man's doctrinal way of saying it. I will just say as Paul says that we are saved by grace through faith and not of works.

Chester

May 23, 2016
Not of good that I have done, nothing but the Blood. That's why the hymns are so important.
LOL! Now we can add a sixth sola to our doctrinal statement - By the blood alone

Sep 6, 2014
Amen.

Romans 5:1-2
Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: 2By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

Some here are just parroting the old, stale, recycled words from the council of Trent.

"Canon 9. If anyone says that the sinner is justified by faith alone, meaning that nothing else is required to cooperate in order to obtain the grace of justification, and that it is not in any way necessary that he be prepared and disposed by the action of his own will, let him be anathema."
source

Romans 3:24

Being justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: 25Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in His blood, to declare His righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; 26To declare, I say, at this time His righteousness: that He might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

27Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.

Iconoclast

May 27, 2017
Sure, there is nothing wrong with the law. I don't know what your last sentence means. "Ate under law"?
I have fat fingers,, the r and the t are next to each other, right? Are under law to Christ.

Feb 24, 2022
I believe you are mistaken.
Which of the 10 commandments can we disobey?
Eight out of the ten are negative, which means things that are off limit, only two are positive - worship on the sabbath day and work on other six days; honor mother and father, which can also be extended to all the elders. How many can at least obey these two?

Iconoclast

May 27, 2017
Eight out of the ten are negative, which means things that are off limit, only two are positive - worship on the sabbath day and work on other six days; honor mother and father, which can also be extended to all the elders. How many can at least obey these two?
Thanks for your response.
Christians are not lawless, but we obey Gods commands

Dec 9, 2011
I find many church doctrines are founded solely upon Paul's epistles, leaving the teachings of Jesus Christ as a mere footnote. One would think, they believe Paul is their savior, and Jesus the apostle of Paul. But worse yet, those who trust in these teachings are like blind men walking in the desert.

Paul is a great teacher...and one of my favorites, but teaching Paul without founding his teachings on what Christ taught his disciples, is like trying to teach Algebra to someone who doesn't know how to Add and Subtract. This is why the mainstream churches teach, the Christian is not under Gods Law, simply because Paul taught, "We are not under Law, we are under Grace." When it is this very Law which brings the believer their salvation.
IMO,Some believe that since the same GOD that spoke In the OT Is the same GOD that's speaks In the NT and since the WORD of GOD does not change,we should keep trying to keep the law And still be under Grace even though GOD has counted all as coming up short under law.

K

kaylagrl

IMO,Some believe that since the same GOD that spoke In the OT Is the same GOD that's speaks In the NT and since the WORD of GOD does not change,we should keep trying to keep the law And still be under Grace even though GOD has counted all as coming up short under law.
Is this what the Word says? That we should try and keep the law?!

Nov 17, 2017
There are 3 laws:
Religious (ceremonial) Law
Civil Law
Moral Law

Which are you free from?

Dec 9, 2011
Ok, but we know that we can't keep the law. That's why Jesus came. :)
I agree.💯Have you ever heard a denomination called hebrew Israelites. They STRONGLY believe In keeping the law that GOD gave Moses even though they don’t keep the law and can’t keep It In a way GOD would accept,which would be perfection.

Romans 7:20-23
King James Version

20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.

22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:

23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.