Why do so many girls / women expect a man

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
May 3, 2013
Se called back.

2:25 min on the phone... a new record.

Today! Feb 14 12:07 am

"Casi me dormía, arrullado con sus palabras."

May 3, 2013
La cosa va x aquí...

Photo0815.jpg

Recuerda a la esposa de Lot: Once is enough.

D

didymos

(Por favor en Inglés)

May 3, 2013
Gotta abide by CC rules though.
4. English, please.
Please speak mostly English in the chat rooms so that others can understand you. At least please do not dominate the voice/video chat (or text chat) with conversation in another language.

D

didymos

4. English, please.
Please speak mostly English in the chat rooms so that others can understand you. At least please do not dominate the voice/video chat (or text chat) with conversation in another language.
It makes sense that the same rules apply for the forums, except for the ones for specific nationalities. If everbody starts talking their own lingo CC will turn info the tower of Babel: no more discussion possible.

May 3, 2013
Who knows!

But I don´t discuss at this corner, I talked to myself and you paid attention to my silence.

¡Gracias! De igual manera.

May 3, 2013

Was bedeutet hier ein:
De minske wikt, dochs God beskikt.

IDEAtor

Aug 15, 2012
...to make them to cheer up or to lagh?

"...he must be able to make me laugh."

Is it that they normally are too serious? (or bored)

Most women I know tend to be bossy or grumpy (even my mom) but I see that statement (above) too common, on a written form, and seldom heard, by their lips.

If any is kind enough, to know it for sure, I beg he /she to click on "LIKE" to be warned someone has a clue to this that puzzled me, today (Feb 12, 2014)

Thanks!
Laughing is fun, can be physiologically healthy, it can be social ("Hey, honey, check out this week's comic strip."), it can remind one of past settings of comfort and security (I remember camp counselors getting to have an ice-cream party and tell jokes and laugh some funny events together.) Laughing calls for acceptance. (For instance, "If a guy can make me laugh, then he will probably accept my laughter." ) The "make me" laugh can be code for, "I want him to be able to connect with me in intentional conversation and during random circumstances; I want him to be logical and laugh with me at the illogical." It can also mean, "I want him to have compassion and help me through rough times, stressful times, by helping me look at the bright side of a dark cloud." Laughing means so much.

It can be taken too far, as can being serious. It can be the goal rather than a means to relating or thinking more positively. It can be unabashedly at the expense of others. It can be for life noise, like when people leave the TV on as a filler. We can laugh and pretend everything is ok, even though real mouths are really hungry for bread-- and real souls are seeking the Lord (but do not know it Him they are seeking).

I just wrote some ideas that came to mind. They are not meant to be read as "the law on laughter."
They are just ideas in a forum.

In closing, some of the funniest people are godly men and women. But some of the funniest people are also the most depressed, avoiding pain, while not accurately attending a deeper problem. If you are one of these people, thanks for your humor; you are appreciated and God loves you.

--IDEA

May 3, 2013
Laughing is fun, can be physiologically healthy, it can be social ("Hey, honey, check out this week's comic strip."), it can remind one of past settings of comfort and security (I remember camp counselors getting to have an ice-cream party and tell jokes and laugh some funny events together.) Laughing calls for acceptance. (For instance, "If a guy can make me laugh, then he will probably accept my laughter." ) The "make me" laugh can be code for, "I want him to be able to connect with me in intentional conversation and during random circumstances; I want him to be logical and laugh with me at the illogical." It can also mean, "I want him to have compassion and help me through rough times, stressful times, by helping me look at the bright side of a dark cloud." Laughing means so much.

It can be taken too far, as can being serious. It can be the goal rather than a means to relating or thinking more positively. It can be unabashedly at the expense of others. It can be for life noise, like when people leave the TV on as a filler. We can laugh and pretend everything is ok, even though real mouths are really hungry for bread-- and real souls are seeking the Lord (but do not know it Him they are seeking).

I just wrote some ideas that came to mind. They are not meant to be read as "the law on laughter."
They are just ideas in a forum.

In closing, some of the funniest people are godly men and women. But some of the funniest people are also the most depressed, avoiding pain, while not accurately attending a deeper problem. If you are one of these people, thanks for your humor; you are appreciated and God loves you.

--IDEA
Thank you, sir! Those ideas + sharing them is very welcome.

Allow me eleborate: When I started the thread I felt there were a big amount of ladies expecting a lot UNILATERALLY and it seemed it was men´s burden and their main responsability... Now my mind changed, partly dued to a better understanding of our ways to convey our ideas and expectations since we, men, also would appreiate that character or "feature" in any person, whatever the sex: No one would like or love a gumpy person and, most of those who are humbly smart, funny, etc., could be sought or liked, to some extent.

I, for example, like Adam Sandler´s movies. I don´t know how he´s personally, but there are things in his humor I would appreciate, same way those ladies he often had in his movies, because I have liked those girls characters and "features" and hollywood knows things well to sell whatever thing that could be sold out (with those exception each would acknowledge personally).

Jesus seemed to be funny, sometimes (Mat 7:4). I bet David did more funny things (1Sa_21:13)... ¿How come a boring person would lead thousands of people if they were grumpy? David got a lot of people because he had something good God had given him, same way Mary, Martha and Lazarus enjoyed Jesus´humor.

Last edited:
May 3, 2013
By the way! Rereading this "If a guy can make me laugh, then he will probably accept my laughter."... I remembered that two months or more, I was met with a little girl sat next to her mom in the subway. The moment she saw at my face she offered me the most kind and sweet smile I have seen ever (such as those babies who stared at you and suddenly smiled at you).

Each time I remember what little girl conversed with me those minutes I find myself smiling. :eek:

Yeraza_Bats

Dec 11, 2014
I dont mind that a girl says "he must be able to make me laugh", because I would also say "she must be able to make me laugh" :p

H

HistoryMaker

I think for me I want a guy who has God at the center of his life cause then the laughter and all that is needed just comes naturally

May 3, 2013
I think for me I want a guy who has God at the center of his life cause then the laughter and all that is needed just comes naturally
That´s you who are smart!

I have seen a lot a persons who don´t look funny, though they are full of joy, easy to cope with but Yeraza bat hit the nail: There should be mutuality. If I gave, I except to receive something good in turn, but the job of "happiness" do not depend on a person solely or unilaterally and, if God is "out" no real joy could be possibly expected for sure.

Thanks!

H

HistoryMaker

I couldnt imagine asking for a guy to be funny that's like forcing someone to fit a mold no expectations of what a guy should do for me makes it even better when he actually shows good traits then I am surprised and left in awe of who is he versus disappointed that he isn't what I want him to be

May 3, 2013
I couldnt imagine asking for a guy to be funny that's like forcing someone to fit a mold no expectations of what a guy should do for me makes it even better when he actually shows good traits then I am surprised and left in awe of who is he versus disappointed that he isn't what I want him to be
Good! Perhaps you are that meek.

By June 2014 it downed on me that someone wanted me to be the one she thought I "should" be... Soon after I knew she wanted another person, not the one she actually have met and, as far as my memory goes back, I never enjoyed those persons who wanted me to be another way around and, if I was near someone, it was because I accepted them. It wasn´t that I had hopes to change them, because if I cannot not change myself, easily, how come will I change another person?

you are all right!