Why do women like men?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Sisters, the brothers are eagerly awaiting your praises.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
This post made me smile! :D

I would like to answer this question from the perspective of friendship rather than romance. I was thinking of 3 guy friends here on CC whom I have known for years and things that I admire about them.

Just in case they would like to remain anonymous (maybe they don't want to be incriminated for talking to me, lol,) I will just describe them as:

1. Friend #1 -- Almost every single day, he takes the time to send me a few comics he thinks I will enjoy and will brighten my day. But he's also very no-nonsense and not afraid to tell me, "Hey, you need to stop hanging on to this (situation) and just let it go," as he did very recently. It had nothing to do with him, he just listened to how I was reacting and had no qualms about telling me that he thought I was going about it the wrong way.

2. Friend #2 -- I actually wrote him the other day to tell him thank you for something he had done that I had forgotten about, but was reminded as I sorted through some old keepsakes. Not only is he kind, God-fearing, and funny, but he once took the time to write out the alphabet (and English translation) of his own native language. Communication, especially handwritten, is precious to me. He even took the time to make a recording of him reading the Bible in his own language, which is an absolute treasure.

In the midst of today's crazy gender politics, I have a running joke with my friends that yes, I have indeed developed an attraction to men who are bi... As in, Bi-Lingual!

3. Friend #3 -- This is someone whom I admire because he's slightly older than me and has a lot of life experience. I have often asked his advice and opinions about various social issues, political news, life circumstances, and things like car repairs and home maintenance. I really appreciate that he's been through a lot, but is always willing to share and does so in a kind, humble way. Even when I ask what must seem like the most obvious or naive questions, he always answers in a way that never makes me feel stupid for asking.

He does what I would call the exact opposite of "mansplaining," and that's one of the reasons I respect him so highly.

Now of course, I appreciate my female friends, too, but since this thread is asking why women like men...

These are just a few of the many amazing qualities some of the men I am blessed to know have, and they keep my hopes alive that somewhere amidst the insanity of this life, men and women can still edify and complement one another -- which is what God intended.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Well, not really. Mostly we will be watching to find out what we are doing right and should keep doing. ;)

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Women like men cause somebody has to squish the spider.
I can handle spiders, but if it's a frog, toad, or mouse....

Yes, I will yelp "like a girl," cower behind you, and insist that you get rid of it by any means necessary.

stilllearning

Oct 4, 2021
I can handle spiders, but if it's a frog, toad, or mouse....

Yes, I will yelp "like a girl," cower behind you, and insist that you get rid of it by any means necessary.
There is a ugly rumor out there started by my so called friends, that says I sound just like a 8 year old girl screaming when I come across a snake........LOL

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
There is a ugly rumor out there started by my so called friends, that says I sound just like a 8 year old girl screaming when I come across a snake........LOL
Even from the time I was a kid, my favorite part of any zoo has always been the reptiles. The bigger and scarier, the better. But I always wondered what I would do if I saw them in the wild.

I lived in a place for a short time where it was totally normal - and expected - to see alligators in bodies of water that you passed by on a daily walk or even just out to get the mail. I found them utterly fascinating and would stop to take pictures, but of course, I kept a healthy distance.

The closest I've gotten to a snake was when my Mom quick pulled me out of the path of one while we were on a walk (causing me to get a good near-cussing out by a passing bicyclist,) but it was just a small garter snake and for some reason, didn't startle me all too much -- maybe because I had a bit of a warning.

But if I should catch a glimpse of the long, sleek tail of a rodent or the ugly, coarse bumps on the back of a toad -- you can bet I'll run away screaming!

J

JAPOV

Sorry to butt in... but I thought half of you were men :eek:

Jan 5, 2022
"A higher plane," hehe
www.youtube.com
Even from the time I was a kid, my favorite part of any zoo has always been the reptiles. The bigger and scarier, the better. But I always wondered what I would do if I saw them in the wild.

I lived in a place for a short time where it was totally normal - and expected - to see alligators in bodies of water that you passed by on a daily walk or even just out to get the mail. I found them utterly fascinating and would stop to take pictures, but of course, I kept a healthy distance.

The closest I've gotten to a snake was when my Mom quick pulled me out of the path of one while we were on a walk (causing me to get a good near-cussing out by a passing bicyclist,) but it was just a small garter snake and for some reason, didn't startle me all too much -- maybe because I had a bit of a warning.

But if I should catch a glimpse of the long, sleek tail of a rodent or the ugly, coarse bumps on the back of a toad -- you can bet I'll run away screaming!
I love reptiles. I love amphibians too, though. What I'm not as keen on is stuff with hair. Some of those things I like from a distance, though. I do like dogs, cats, and sometimes people. But creepy things with hair are the worst, so SPIDERS are just UGH!

Except this spider:

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Sorry to butt in... but I thought half of you were men :eek:
You're saying this as if it's a bit of some shocking revelation? :unsure::LOL:

6 people have answered this thread.

4 of them have been men.

I guess I'm confused as to why you seem surprised that yes, half, and in fact, more than half of the people who have answered here ARE indeed men? :ROFL:

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
I love reptiles. I love amphibians too, though. What I'm not as keen on is stuff with hair. Some of those things I like from a distance, though. I do like dogs, cats, and sometimes people. But creepy things with hair are the worst, so SPIDERS are just UGH!

Except this spider:
Not to worry.

I'll handle the spiders. :D

You don't like creepy things with hair...

But what about Cousin It?! :cry:

Jan 5, 2022
"A higher plane," hehe
www.youtube.com
Not to worry.

I'll handle the spiders. :D

You don't like creepy things with hair...

But what about Cousin It?! :cry:

Well, I guess I'd say creepy is as creepy does. Cousin It seems pretty harmless. But if he's gonna crawl across my face at 3AM, we're gonna have some serious problems.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Just wondering if cousin IT was male or female. I mean, hard to tell. I dont like to assume only females have long hair. Lions have manes but lionesses dont.

J

JAPOV

I'm sooooo confuuuused! :cry:

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
yes Im not sure about the spiders. Spiders are my friends, they eat the flies.
so if a man wants to swat flies he's very welcome to for me.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I always thought it strange that girls dont like boys and the boy dont like the girls in primary school....but when they go to high school its the boys who chase after the girls. And the girls then start liking them. What has changed. Did the boys become less gross?
Did the girls become less whiny?

yea complete mystery. As far as I know nothing really has changed, The boys just cover up their bad smells with deoderant and the girls just start gossiping on social media instead of giggling and snickering with each other in little girl groups.