Why do You love Christmas?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

JesusLives

Oct 11, 2013
Music I love all the music.....except you can keep the 12 Days of Christmas song and Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer....But the rest of the music......

Food then there is Food.....so much Food that we all go on diets January 2nd and sweat trying to loose what we gained until Dec 1st the following year.....

Presents then the presents.... buy them, wrap them and pay for them until Dec 1 the following year and we do it all over again....

What's not to like about Christmas.

Family oh yes, Family.....the gatherings and the embarrassing stories that happened throughout the year being replayed and it is good for a laugh or two and maybe the embarrassing uncle who says ....Pull my finger......

Ah, but the real reason for the season is the celebration of Jesus birth....no matter what the real birthday is most folks celebrate it on Christmas day and Thank God that Jesus was born and is our Savior giving us a way out of this sin sick world so that some day we can be reunited with God/Jesus and Holy Spirit and live with them again in a perfect setting that was the original intent of God in the first place.

Christmas a glorious time of year - What is not to love????

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
This reminds me of the Changing of a Light Bulb Thread....and a good reminder of why we should be thankful for Firemen.
Something's burning, something's burning
Something's burning and I think it's love

Last edited:

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Birds are flying south
The air is getting chill
If taxes haven't busted you
Then Christmas surely will

S

sassylady

I love blessing my children with things they don't expect.

I honestly do think about Mary and Joseph and Jesus being born. It is a wonderful, amazing thing to think on at any time of course.

S

Susanna

I’m gonna bump up my 2014 Christmas thread. Looks like I haven’t changed much in five years😁.

Aug 2, 2009
I thought this was a new topic, then I saw Roh_Chris and was like "I was just wondering about him yesterday! And he's back!" Then I saw the date... :geek:

S

Susanna

I thought this was a new topic, then I saw Roh_Chris and was like "I was just wondering about him yesterday! And he's back!" Then I saw the date... :geek:
I’m sorry, but in a moment of extreme selfishness I bumped up my own thread from the Stone Age😊.

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
Always bittersweet when the old threads are revived and we're reminded of friends who have moved on from CC (and the occasional troll the provided some good entertainment before they got banned).

Anymore I enjoy being able to play family Elf and get the perfect gifts for everyone. It's like getting paid to shop or more like getting free stuff and then giving it to people. And though I pretty much know what everyone is getting for Christmas that way, I don't mind that too much. Just fun to see everyone loving and enjoying their gifts.

M

morefaithrequired

Christmas Day? Its not that good any more to be honest. just reminds a childless couple they should have had kids.
i dont mind the lead up to Christmas. lots of optimism in the air. its beach weather too.

laughingheart

Sep 21, 2016
The heart of Christmas festivities are at mom's house. She bakes/cooks for days and we kids get to revert to being silly. and pampered (yes we help with cooking and clean up).
I stay at mom's and my sisters who live close, show up Christmas morning with their families. They are usually all in one piece jammies (though the men do tend towards wearing jeans). We tell the old stories (like the year one sister decided to be a vegetarian and the other sister chased her around with a piece of chicken - they were both laughing and shrieking) and jokes, and we relax. It feels warm and safe. You are accepted, loved and teased. I find I sleep a lot more because I am relaxed and happy. For a little while, the responsibilities of day to day life, finances, health, or anything that is heavy, can just take a break. There was this miracle that happened that changed everything and Christmas eve most of us go and sing carols at the church and hear the story again. Mom sits there beaming because she has her girls and grandchildren and we are all grateful. OK, the kids want to go open the one gift they get on Christmas eve, but they sing along too.
Christmas is special because our greatest blessings gather under one roof. We remember those who are no longer there and share their memories as they are never forgotten.

BrotherMike

Be Still and Know
Jan 8, 2018
Jesus bday and near my bday too and snow and Christmas music and traditions and kids faces light up opening gifts and giving and Christmas lights and... I’ll think of more later :) I gotta head to work!

BrotherMike

Be Still and Know
Jan 8, 2018
Christmas Day? Its not that good any more to be honest. just reminds a childless couple they should have had kids.
i dont mind the lead up to Christmas. lots of optimism in the air. its beach weather too.
If I was you, I would seek out some underprivileged kids and bless them with some gifts if you guys can. It will brighten their day and yours too! :)

M

morefaithrequired

If I was you, I would seek out some underprivileged kids and bless them with some gifts if you guys can. It will brighten their day and yours too! :)
thanks bro for the patronising advice but I think we will pass.

BrotherMike

Be Still and Know
Jan 8, 2018
thanks bro for the patronising advice but I think we will pass.
Was suggesting since you said you should of had kids. Of course don’t know your situation and it’s your choice. Merry Christmas!

Mel85

Daughter of the True King
Mar 28, 2018
Now, you cant post in this thread if you DO NOT like Christmas;). You have to love the idea of celebrating Christmas before even thinking of posting here. I do not want any negative posts to ruin my Christmas party. I do accept gifts:cool: (jk).

So, why do You love Christmas?
Because it brings family all together 👍🏽