I guess, I'm referring to healing, mostly. ☺My question for you is, what do you define a miracle to be?
Miracles are everywhere...we just have to choose to see it![]()
I guess, I'm referring to healing, mostly. ☺
Why Don’t We See Miracles Like the Apostles Did?
Are we not Spirit filled like they were or is it from lack of faith, prayer, or fasting?
I believe we experience some miracles but nothing like they did.
I guess the, "Jesus-style miracles" are the miracles I was referring to not seeing. ☺Obviously, these Jesus-style miracles are not going on today. The age-old answer given by us who view the Charismatic beliefs as false doctrines (with all due respect) is...that these 'over-the-top' miracles were used during the transition phase in the first years of the Christian era...as a means of Christianity getting its foot in the door (so to speak).
For example, if the "Charismatic" gifts were still in operation today...then we should be able to see wave after wave of hundreds and thousands of Charismatic missionaries going off to all the lands of the world and BEING ABLE TO INSTANTLY SPEAK ALL THE LANGUAGES without going to any language institute. That isn't happening.
In dramatic contrast to all these pseudo-miracles we can see on our Sunday morning cable channel TV church shows, Jesus' miracles had a number of distinctive features not being seen on BennyHinn TV (or several dozen others like him);
Jesus would walk into a community and (read carefully) choose someone to heal WHO WAS PREVIOUSLY KNOWN TO THE ENTIRE COMMUNITY. And NOT necessarily a 'believer'.
That would mean...someone claiming a gift of healing would need to select a well-known handicapped person -- Stevie Wonder, Joni Eareckson-Tada, famous wounded war veterans...who have missing eyeballs, severed spinal cords, etc..
THAT...is a Jesus-style miracle. Not this nonsense you see on a Benny Hinn show or other televised "healing" church services...where they find some guy completely unknown to the audience, pay him $20 to hobble into the sanctuary with a walker, he then gets his 'healing touch', and proceeds to dramatically toss the walker across the stage as though there has been a healing.
I'm sorry, you lost me. LolWhy don't we see Jesus in human flesh?
Why don't we get to witness Him crucified?
Why Don’t We See Miracles Like the Apostles Did?
Are we not Spirit filled like they were or is it from lack of faith, prayer, or fasting?
I believe we experience some miracles but nothing like they did.
It certainly is still 100% valid to have the elders anoint with oil and pray over someone who has an illness or malady (James 5:14). But that's quite a bit removed from the dramatic over-the-top miracles performed by Jesus and some of the disciples in the earliest days of the Christian era.I guess the, "Jesus-style miracles" are the miracles I was referring to not seeing. ☺
Why Don’t We See Miracles Like the Apostles Did?
Are we not Spirit filled like they were or is it from lack of faith, prayer, or fasting?
I believe we experience some miracles but nothing like they did.
The reality is that no one can walk up to any sick person in their own mind and will - and heal them. All the gifts of the Spirit are as He wills - not us - so, the challenge for others to go and heal Joni or Stevie Wonder is foolishness and not based on anything real. It is as the Spirit wills. We don't "dictate" the manifestation of the gifts of the Spirit.
Faith also comes from hearing. if you were told there are no more miracles anymore - there would be no faith. Jesus went to His home town and He could do no mighty miracles there and He marveled at their unbelief.
Actually on youtube there are many examples of real healings. God is still in the miracle working business. It's His nature to heal and restore people.
How does a person know for sure they have received the Holy Spirit?
How does a person know for sure they have received the Holy Spirit?
How does a person know for sure they have received the Holy Spirit?