Why don't people ever want to discuss REAL things? Things that Jesus taught?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Nov 11, 2018
Is it fear? Fear of our own sins? Cause we all have them. We have to work past that. And quick'like in a hurry... cuz He is coming :)

B

Blackpowderduelist

Indeed he is coming. But I don't think we will nor need to have all our issues worked out. He will finish that work in us if we just trust..

Nov 11, 2018
Well lets start with Genesis 1:1.
You first.
Oh you want my confession? Well that's such a long list. I can't even begin... but I'll tell you this, my list is soooooooooo long, that if He forgave even me, He is for SURE a benevolent God. If you want the actual list of my sins, you better be prepared for a book... and yet, even through those sins, I was looking to Him to save me... and for some incredibly unknown reason, He graced me with the Holy Spirit. I still can't figure out why to this day. Like, even though Jesus came to save us.......I feel like ....but really? me too? cuz I've been the stupidest doof imaginable! I have done things that make my head spin, especially when I realized He saw them all... and I'm still confounded thinking... really? why me, Lord? I was a complete basket-case? Why would u do this for me? I still don't get it. Do you realize how many ppl have sinned "less" than me... and still, He showed me the way? And there is no way that I can figure to get un-confused by it. I think, I have seen nice ppl, but I was not one. I was merely a blind one. And I think, "Oh my Lord, what on earth did you see in me to make you want to help me?" I just sit here shaking my head as I type thinking, I might never get it. But you know what? He still did it. He still graced me. and I feel like I should give it back. I should say, "Good God in heaven, I am so not worthy, that I don't even want to defile your world.... still, (trying not to cry)... He seems to have said, "It's okay, I love you anyway." Yep, there's the tears, cuz if you really see God's true grace.... it can make a person bawl.... cry so hard.... wondering the whole time... why?" And yet... being appreciative... but the appreciation falls beneath the tears ... that make me still say... Why? I mean I love you... but why? I didnt do nearly enough to receive this.... and still... thank you... but i'm going to be in shock for a good long time i think

Nov 11, 2018
To express regret to a person you have violated against. If you have offended God the purpose is to show remorse for the wrongdoing you have done.
To express regret to a person you have violated against. If you have offended God the purpose is to show remorse for the wrongdoing you have done.
I see confession as much bigger... when we meet someone, who is erring, if we confess our sins, we can help them see that they are not alone, and that we have overcome our own tribulations. We can teach them, that there are ways to get over it. But we have to do it with kindness and humility, or it will likely be... a competition of wills. Ergo, we should sometimes bury our will, if we can use it, to strengthen another will. But... catch 22.... don't give what's Holy to dogs. So, I think we can't generalize... but we must take each situation day by day, and wait for the Lord to lead us.... in all situations :)

oyster67

May 24, 2014
But I don't think we will nor need to have all our issues worked out.
Some are deadly and need immediate attention. Bitterness against God is an example (unless you are a good-to-go hyper-Calvinist with their bagful of RC indulgences).

Nov 11, 2018
Heh, some ppl have so much chance to give back.. and miss it.... they just choose brain over heart everytime. smh. sad

oyster67

May 24, 2014
I will confess that my worries about money fly in the face of trusting Jesus to take care of me. This impedes spiritual growth. If we do not take these things to the Lord on this side. We may have regrets later on.

Be kind to others while they live instead of poo-whooing about it over their casket later.

Do the work appointed us NOW...

John 4:35 Say not ye, There are yet four months, and [then] cometh harvest? behold, I say unto you, Lift up your eyes, and look on the fields; for they are white already to harvest.

John 9:4 I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.

Our potential is only limited by not dealing with the small stuff so we can get on with the big job.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Then what is the point of confession?
What do you mean by "real" things? Or are you just looking for one big confession-fest? The things which Jesus taught are being discussed, and the errors which false teachers taught (and still teach) are also being discussed.

Edify

Jan 27, 2021
I could be worse... we could be arguing in the Not By Works thread. That would be a lot to repent of. ;)

Mar 4, 2020
Is it fear? Fear of our own sins? Cause we all have them. We have to work past that. And quick'like in a hurry... cuz He is coming :)
If you've sinned once, even once, all bets are off. The only way to be saved is through faith because there's not enough good things you can do to undo your singular sin. Either we're saved by faith in Christ our we aren't.

The Good News is that we are saved by faith in Christ. Trust in this singular promise of God and you will be fine.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
I try to focus on salvation and grace because I am far to focused on my sins countless days and nights seeing myself as a disgusting worm lower than the dirt recently I even had a spiritual attack where I was so mad at myself I cpondemned myself and wanted to make sure I was to beaten down inside to even try to stand up again because of how disgusted I was with myself to be honest I believe it was demonic in nature because the absolute hate and anger was abnormal terrifying even

Some avoid noticing their own sins and others like me focus to much on them seeing every flaw everything broken everything that isn't him but I can't tell you how many times when this happens to me that I am embraced in his warmth and love and amazed that he has no ill will against me and when I ask why I am reminded of the matter of the heart.

He looks to the heart and molds and judges the heart when one has a repentant heart then even when they do sin they are forgiven as if it never even happened in his eyes it never did, it isn't about getting everything in order or fixing what we are lacking the holy spirit does that in us with time it isn't about sin it is about what he did and how he now sees us.
Instead I would advise to follow your heart because when all your heart sees is him when all that you desire more than life or all the treasures in heaven is him sin has no power over you you are perfect and so precious to him and he knows the devotion and affection in your soul for him
In a way I am blessed to always struggle with this, he keeps teaching me this same lesson over and over again but those who drwon in their weakness and their flaws are all the mopre grateful for his grace and love