Why hasn't Christ come yet?

  • Thread starter Thread starter phil112
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Christianity is about the spiritual, eternal kingdom of God, and the coming kingdom of heaven, when the Lord rules. Christ didn't monkey in politics or teach this. I don't know that there aren't those the Lord tasks with working in the political system, but the Bible presages corruption that will be as in the days of Noah, before He returns. No empire of man has not fallen, under the weight of its own corruption. Once the genie is out of the bottle, it doesn't get put back in. Andy of Mayberry is probably not coming back to prime time. The Bible is clear it's all going to hit the fan, before it gets better for the world, and the warring nations are put down, the goats removed.

There are those of a different viewpoint. I know I feel the Lord cannot come back quickly enough, that ISIS lop off the last head, that the weight of the evil curses and mass sufferings of this world be lifted and righteousness rule. Of course, the Lord works in His time, may have more to save that grace continue, but the Lord will pull the plug, regardless what man does, again, in His time. If the Antichrist is coming, let's get it over with, as I want to see the Lord Jesus ruling, not the failed systems of man, in the first place. The more people wring their hands over this mess, the more I'm thinking, "Hallelujah! One offense closer to the Lord doing something about it, then!" Because, the Bible states this falling away will come. Also, I don't have faith in men. It's not glass half empty: it's the reality.

History classes taught me one thing in neon, that, given enough time, we can royally muck up anything. The Founding Fathers have already rolled over in their graves, are probably spinning like an Iranian centrifuge in them, these days.

Let's heir your explanation of the scripture. I would love to heir your interpretation of it!!!
 
Jesusisall you seem to be highly regarded now I'm extremely curious about your perception of 2Tim.4:2

What? Highly regarded? (Looks for emoticon that jumps LOL! up and down, up and down, all over the screen...) You must have talked to somebody who went home, before I was thrown out. That verse?

2 Timothy 4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.

I guess just pretty much what it says. Preach the gospel, when it's convenient, when it's not, rain or shine: stick with it, because it's most important. Teach where led in the whole gospel, to walk in the light of one's sanctification, to do those things appropriate, to not do things inappropriate, point out sin and error, fervently teach all things Godly, that edify the Lord. Do it with patience, longsuffering, which maybe somebody out there can relate to (not my strong suit). Just things like that. But, this is about preaching the word, the centerpiece Jesus Christ and the gospel that saves, the cross, and things spiritual, of the Holy Spirit, not to fix the world, if that's where you're going. (Just don't, I say, I say, don't go there... I'm warning you... didn't take my meds...)
 
Jesusisall you seem to be highly regarded now I'm extremely curious about your perception of 2Tim.4:2

More than likely you got JesusIsAll confused with me because I am most highly regarded. I don't ask or seek to be, it just came to me. Folks here regard me as a most knowledgeable, wise, bright, brilliant, intelligent, and HUMBLE person. In all honesty, I am all that. ....and more. NOT! :D
 
What? Highly regarded? (Looks for emoticon that jumps LOL! up and down, up and down, all over the screen...) You must have talked to somebody who went home, before I was thrown out. That verse?

2 Timothy 4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.

I guess just pretty much what it says. Preach the gospel, when it's convenient, when it's not, rain or shine: stick with it, because it's most important. Teach where led in the whole gospel, to walk in the light of one's sanctification, to do those things appropriate, to not do things inappropriate, point out sin and error, fervently teach all things Godly, that edify the Lord. Do it with patience, longsuffering, which maybe somebody out there can relate to (not my strong suit). Just things like that. But, this is about preaching the word, the centerpiece Jesus Christ and the gospel that saves, the cross, and things spiritual, of the Holy Spirit, not to fix the world, if that's where you're going. (Just don't, I say, I say, don't go there... I'm warning you... didn't take my meds...)

Love the last bit.lmbo. No wonder so many like you. Now what about the rest of the text I tried to interprete. I'm never satisfied and there is nothing feminine about me. I'm a warrior in God's army as I hope you are too.
 
Love the last bit.lmbo. No wonder so many like you. Now what about the rest of the text I tried to interprete. I'm never satisfied and there is nothing feminine about me. I'm a warrior in God's army as I hope you are too.

I'm sorry, but I just saw a couple of your posts involving political matters, and was commenting from the viewpoint it's God that will have to fix this world, and the gospel being spiritual. It was crashing in to comment on that and don't know what "rest of the text" you're referring to is, wasn't prepared but to address your recent comments. Then the other guys coming in, something in the water maybe, but I'm just the straight man here, whatever is going on!
 
More than likely you got JesusIsAll confused with me because I am most highly regarded. I don't ask or seek to be, it just came to me. Folks here regard me as a most knowledgeable, wise, bright, brilliant, intelligent, and HUMBLE person. In all honesty, I am all that. ....and more. NOT! :D

We knew that couldn't be, because you aren't known for being among the ChristianChat sinless, who don't even go to the bathroom.
 
Well you came in time to help for some reason. You have been helpful. If you have said all you wish to say I'm thankful for it. If your willing to do more then go back and read chica's post. She sent it to criticize me. Instead all of it together supported my saying what I did. It surprised me when I read it.
 
Well you came in time to help for some reason. You have been helpful. If you have said all you wish to say I'm thankful for it. If your willing to do more then go back and read chica's post. She sent it to criticize me. Instead all of it together supported my saying what I did. It surprised me when I read it.

No, thank you, but I sort of shy away from pots swirling around I haven't caused, of effected. Less to repent of...
 
No, thank you, but I sort of shy away from pots swirling around I haven't caused, of effected. Less to repent of...

I'm a little confused as to why you would come to visit a chat that is such a boiling hot topic. Isn't this supposed to be a place to talk about the coming of Jesus once more to rule us. You did say you wish it would hurry up and happen.
 
I'm a little confused as to why you would come to visit a chat that is such a boiling hot topic. Isn't this supposed to be a place to talk about the coming of Jesus once more to rule us

I meant "caused, or effected." Getting weary in the 'ol bones. But, as to your comment, do you actually expect somebody to read pages of all that sort of thing? Isn't it enough I actually read what I was responding to, in your case? We must not ask too much, or expect too much. This is the web, you know. And, if you're a little confused, I'm a lot confused. So, you seem to be doing okay.
 
I meant "caused, or effected." Getting weary in the 'ol bones. But, as to your comment, do you actually expect somebody to read pages of all that sort of thing? Isn't it enough I actually read what I was responding to, in your case? We must not ask too much, or expect too much. This is the web, you know. And, if you're a little confused, I'm a lot confused. So, you seem to be doing okay.

Shot man just wait the bones get a lot worse in just a few moreyears. I'm 49 going on 70. So it would seem. I'm cool with what your saying. Just have to wait for another smart fool to come along. There all over the place!!!