Why is Homosexuality a Sin?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
D

Depleted

Well simply because it reverses Gods created order. God instituted marriage between a man and a women and therefore the context has been set and one of Gods means of blessing is through marriage.

Also with that being said God has done it like so because anything more or less than that opens us up even more to harm and damage. Marriage as God as the bedrock acts as a refuge against sin, especially sexual sin.

SO concluding with that marriage also entails a spectacular reward that is reserved only for a newly wed husband and wife. That is the intimacy and the expression of love between both the man and the women. This in essence reserves both great joy and pleasure without breaking Gods commandments. Something you cannot do as a homosexual because it is not recognized by God as an expression of love but rather lust because it goes against what God instituted.
Comment on the underlined part: Ahhh, nuts! Once we pass newlywed status, no more "spectacular reward?" :eek:

I never got that memo. (Nor do I want it. lol)

Just messing with you. I take that as you were thinking it out while writing and forgot to consider this works even after being married a while. ;)

J

jennymae

It tears apart family every which way. It destroys the person himself/herself every which way. (Life expectancy lowers by 1-2 decades because of legitimate health concerns -- AIDS IS a homosexual disease. That it has entered into the hetrosexual community means that there are bisexuals too -- and the degradation needed to pursue such encounters and being so unsure of yourself that you cannot identify with your gender is so bad it often leads to suicide.) And it destroys society. In the course of history, every civilization that ever accepted homosexuality was already on a path of death.

A better question is why should we boister up two people in serious need of mental and emotional help to get them to marry someone equally as dangerous to themselves? How can that ever become a healthy marriage? How can that be healthy for a family? How can that be healthy for society?

God's law makes sense.
I agree, but I wouldn't be using the word "marriage". Marriage is between man and woman. Whenever two people of the same gender are getting together I'll say it is a civil union. As for the rest of your post you are absolutely right.

D

Depleted

Why is anything a sin? Its against Gods Word and his precepts. Thats it in a nutshell. We dont question Gods commands.
I do. And he often answers. Job did, and, boy, oh boy, did he get a thorough answer. Lots of people question God. He often answers. Even Paul got his answer, and knew he was stuck with that thorn in his side for the rest of his flesh-life. God's got no problems with being asked. He might choose not to answer, but he's got no problems being asked.

D

Depleted

I agree, but I wouldn't be using the word "marriage". Marriage is between man and woman. Whenever two people of the same gender are getting together I'll say it is a civil union. As for the rest of your post you are absolutely right.
When our city was considering same-sex marriages one of our councilman sent out his quarterly newsletter. He was for same-sex marriage because marriage "sanctifies." I was tempted to ask him to look up the word "sanctified."

Oh, and now he is our mayor. Yippee. :rolleyes:

I really do think it's all right -- politically -- for same-sex couples to have the benefit of being considered next-of-kin to make medical decisions, and even get the other's pension if one dies when they're married, but, in my mind, it should be the same laws for anyone shacking up. It's called "common-marriage." And the law says "after seven years of cohabitating." It's certainly not real married, nor is it sanctified by God.

And the common-marriages bite us in the rear-end too. God's like that. Go against his will, and there are negative consequences before and after death, (until he saves us from ourselves.)

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
When our city was considering same-sex marriages one of our councilman sent out his quarterly newsletter. He was for same-sex marriage because marriage "sanctifies." I was tempted to ask him to look up the word "sanctified."

Oh, and now he is our mayor. Yippee. :rolleyes:

I really do think it's all right -- politically -- for same-sex couples to have the benefit of being considered next-of-kin to make medical decisions, and even get the other's pension if one dies when they're married, but, in my mind, it should be the same laws for anyone shacking up. It's called "common-marriage." And the law says "after seven years of cohabitating." It's certainly not real married, nor is it sanctified by God.

And the common-marriages bite us in the rear-end too. God's like that. Go against his will, and there are negative consequences before and after death, (until he saves us from ourselves.)
It's called "lewd and lascivious cohabitation " here and we don't legally recognize a common law marriage in virginia. Fornication and adultery are still crimes in the Commonwealth.

D

Depleted

It's called "lewd and lascivious cohabitation " here and we don't legally recognize a common law marriage in virginia. Fornication and adultery are still crimes in the Commonwealth.
Not that much of a crime. My brother and his live-in (now, ex-gf) were able to buy a house together. Bit him too. The relationship didn't work out, and, sure enough, they lost the house.

Nov 14, 2016
God designed marriage to form families-----be fruitful and multiply----a man and women---Jesus talked about--- from the beginning it was not so----speaking about divorce and God's original marriage plan...He condemns same sex relations---it goes against His original design---God's Word is clear on this subject--- even if we don't fully understand it --- God's Word stands--- same pressure on heterosexuals---- no fornication ( sex outside marriage)...

laoshanlung

Apr 21, 2015
Nope! Haven't read ONE thread on this yet... probably me just being stupid and not using the search bar again... oops.

N

NewWine

It's wrong simply because it goes in direct contrast of what God intended for humanity. Eve was part of Adam, and was separated physically only. They were one to God. Two men or two women cannot possibly make that possible, physically, emotionally or spiritually. Man completes woman just as woman completes man.

It's a minconception of the mind. It's people thinking they know better than God how things should go. That line of thinking alone makes it sinful. God is the designer and creator....I would think He would know best how things should go.
Peace!!

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
you gotta work on your dang attitude.almost every time you answer your disrespectful. not sarcastic, but disrespectful. Knock it off

Nope! Haven't read ONE thread on this yet... probably me just being stupid and not using the search bar again... oops.

U

Ugly

you gotta work on your dang attitude.almost every time you answer your disrespectful. not sarcastic, but disrespectful. Knock it off
Yeah 'knock it off' sounds so respectful. You make a thread complaining about how others talk yet you are no different. You have regular run ins with people and have been called out by how you treat people. Perhaps you should check yourself before criticizing how others talk.

K

kaylagrl

Yeah 'knock it off' sounds so respectful. You make a thread complaining about how others talk yet you are no different. You have regular run ins with people and have been called out by how you treat people. Perhaps you should check yourself before criticizing how others talk.
Ugly,you yourself have been called out a time or two yourself,no? Things get heated when we discuss.Thats different then people being intentionally rude. Not making any comment on or to the OP. Just saying I dont think what you just said was necessary considering you have asked me to give a pass to a particularly rude person on this site because that is just their nature. Demi is straight forward but not intentionally rude. That is her nature.

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
Well I guess some people dont like the truth to be told. Especially not in a direct manner. I guess I should start giving out bouquets to the people who insult and are disrespectful rather than (for once like here) call in out. Maybe that will help.

Ugly,you yourself have been called out a time or two yourself,no? Things get heated when we discuss.Thats different then people being intentionally rude. Not making any comment on or to the OP. Just saying I dont think what you just said was necessary considering you have asked me to give a pass to a particularly rude person on this site because that is just their nature. Demi is straight forward but not intentionally rude. That is her nature.

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
And that comes from you :rolleyes:
I have no problem to say that in my comment I worded it more harshly than I would usually do. Maybe it did the opposite of what it should have. If it offends anyone, Im sorry that was not my intent.
But still. Take out the beam out of your eye before you pick on others.

NotmebutHim

May 17, 2015
Now, back to the topic at hand......

Anything that disrupts God's order is sin, and homosexuality is definitely one of those things.

Which brings me to something I've mentioned before: We as Christians are often accused of harping on or dwelling on homosexuality (to the exclusion of other sins) and appearing hypocritical. But that's because the ball has been thrown in our court and we've chosen to play. Or more accurately, the gauntlet has been thrown down.

So don't throw the ball our way and then get mad when we play with it.

$0.02

EarsToHear

Jan 14, 2016
Keep in mind that government, which the courts are part of, is one of Satan’s hidden dynasties. That in mind, what does God's Word, in part, have to say about this?

Galatians 6:7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

Leviticus 18:22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

Leviticus 20:13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Romans 1:24-27
24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10
9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

2 Timothy 3:1-7
1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,
7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

P.S. For every positive there is a negative. Many atheists help fulfill the negative side of God’s Word.

N

NewWine

It also says in Ecclesiastes that there is nothing new under the sun, so this topic has been broached and debated since the writings of Paul.....is my best thought.

D

Depleted

Domino effect.

(Four people now calling the person before us disrespectful, when "respectful" just isn't our forte'. lol)

D

Depleted

Well I guess some people dont like the truth to be told. Especially not in a direct manner. I guess I should start giving out bouquets to the people who insult and are disrespectful rather than (for once like here) call in out. Maybe that will help.
I prefer Stargazer lilies. :)