Why is saying "I'm sorry" not enough?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
You have a pride problem. God hates such. There is good information in those folders for anyone. I am 72-years-old and have kept learning and changing daily. I will obey 2 Timothy 3:5 in relation to you.
I have a lot of problems but don't believe pride is one of them.

It just puzzles me when a member's post contains in incredible amount of bible verses and expects it to be useful to another member. It may be more effective to just post a couple at a time to the specific area of interest and expand upon that.

I'm not saying that the verses you posted are not useful but rather that it would take weeks and months to absorb the verses you supplied let alone try to consider a practical application in one's spiritual life.

Posting the index of a topical bible is not very useful to me. In other words, regarding the posting of specific bible verses short and sweet is perhaps the way to go.

Congrats on reaching the age of 72 though. I'm sorry if my responses came off as being personally critical of you because that was not my intention. I am a lover of the bible as well.

I will consider the pride thing too.
:)

Oct 24, 2018
BibleLoverBill. If you're not sorry, why would you turn from your sin to strive for righteousness? (Repenting) You said so yourself that's what it means.
Do you want to live Biblically or not? Many who say "I'm sorry" just do that to keep friendship. There is no confession of wrong or change to righteousness. I was married to 2 women like that. Why should they want to change if they don't think they said or did anything wrong? Saying "I'm sorry" was just their way to go on for their selfish desires. They didn't want to let God be at the top of the marriage triangle; they liked being on the top.

Oct 24, 2018
I have a lot of problems but don't believe pride is one of them.

It just puzzles me when a member's post contains in incredible amount of bible verses and expects it to be useful to another member. It may be more effective to just post a couple at a time to the specific area of interest and expand upon that.

I'm not saying that the verses you posted are not useful but rather that it would take weeks and months to absorb the verses you supplied let alone try to consider a practical application in one's spiritual life.

Posting the index of a topical bible is not very useful to me. In other words, regarding the posting of specific bible verses short and sweet is perhaps the way to go.

Congrats on reaching the age of 72 though. I'm sorry if my responses came off as being personally critical of you because that was not my intention. I am a lover of the bible as well.

I will consider the pride thing too.
:)
You are a false accuser and not Christ-like. I will ignore you from now on. 2 Timothy 3:5

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
You are a false accuser and not Christ-like. I will ignore you from now on. 2 Timothy 3:5
I took considerable thought in writing what I thought was a thoughtful response to your post but I guess that I was wrong about that.

Someone that offers critique of your presentation does not make them a false accuser. Exactly what did I accuse you of? I was merely offering my own personal insight on the use of scripture as I thought that would benefit you in your ministry of sorts

Regarding this particular verse in 2Timothy I don't see how that I have presented myself as having a form of godliness. This makes you a false accuser but that's alright because no one is perfect, including myself for I have also admitted that I have problem areas in my life that need to be address in a spiritual matter. God will just simply appoint another to take your place as one offering useful spiritual counsel that can be of use in a practical spiritual sense to further His kingdom.

As for being on ignore, believe me, I have been a member for over 5 years and that doesn't bother me a bit. Reading your posts through the months had me believing that we were somewhat on the same spiritual track but sadly, I was wrong once again. My bad.

F

FullyLoved

Do you want to live Biblically or not? Many who say "I'm sorry" just do that to keep friendship. There is no confession of wrong or change to righteousness. I was married to 2 women like that. Why should they want to change if they don't think they said or did anything wrong? Saying "I'm sorry" was just their way to go on for their selfish desires. They didn't want to let God be at the top of the marriage triangle; they liked being on the top.
Thanks for being concerned about my well being with Jesus, BibleloverBill. You can rest assured that I have no friends and my selfish desires are A-okay PTL.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Perhaps they were perceptive in that you did not accept them for who they were and felt pressured by you by forcing the change that you yourself decided was necessary to conform to your particular spiritual perception. What do you mean by living biblically? Most of the people in the bible lived in abject misery, pain, and suffering. Personally, I would rather live spiritually but that's just me.

F

FullyLoved

You come here like a hungry shark. Catch up with Jesus and save your fake love please. It is disgusting.

F

FullyLoved

No. But if you can't tell sarcasm maybe you should wait before you jump me.

F

FullyLoved

She's actually one of the nicest and least judgemental members of this site and one of my favorite peeps.
I'm not so good with people. I am sorry for snapping at you leastamongmany I took it directly. I have that problem too.

F

FullyLoved

I'm not so good with people. I am sorry for snapping at you leastamongmany I took it directly. I have that problem too.
There are too many "christians" on this site.

F

FullyLoved

Bill,
While what you say is true partly, it's not right for you to see all women through that lens. There are some people who do just say "I'm sorry" when they don't mean it, just as there are people who say it and do truly mean it. You attach motivation based on the way they make you feel, if a woman is domineering I wouldn't say that makes her desires selfish. For some women (like me) there runs a sort of need to be independent/ in control of their life and circumstances. Not all women are like that, but you were drawn to those types for some reason or other. After thinking about what you said, I understand why you feel that way. I see a lot of people just jump into relationships and dates without even getting to know each other. Friendships that develop and deepen, should always come before romantic relationships, and then from romantic relationship should lead up to marriage. It is wise that you should really learn to know a person before committing your life to them. Plus nobody likes to be in a friendship or marriage that is constantly accusatory from past wounds. I understand your pain but you also need to allow God to work through the people you feel "there is no confession of wrong or change to righteousness", and also pray for them, because prayer is a powerful thing. Something that I need to work on doing myself.

Oct 24, 2018
Bill,

While what you say is true partly, it's not right for you to see all women through that lens. There are some people who do just say "I'm sorry" when they don't mean it, just as there are people who say it and do truly mean it. You attach motivation based on the way they make you feel, if a woman is domineering I wouldn't say that makes her desires selfish. For some women (like me) there runs a sort of need to be independent/ in control of their life and circumstances. Not all women are like that, but you were drawn to those types for some reason or other. After thinking about what you said, I understand why you feel that way. I see a lot of people just jump into relationships and dates without even getting to know each other. Friendships that develop and deepen, should always come before romantic relationships, and then from romantic relationship should lead up to marriage. It is wise that you should really learn to know a person before committing your life to them. Plus nobody likes to be in a friendship or marriage that is constantly accusatory from past wounds. I understand your pain but you also need to allow God to work through the people you feel "there is no confession of wrong or change to righteousness", and also pray for them, because prayer is a powerful thing. Something that I need to work on doing myself.

For Proverbs 17:17, 1 Corinthians 13:4-8 Friendship

(by Bill Stevenson)

Note: This is my adaptation of the “A Friend” list (which I did not write). As you read it, think about you in relating to your spouse or, if you are not married, in relating to your best friend. I believe that only true Christians with Holy Spirit guidance (by living Proverbs 3:5-6) can eventually live it with the help of the Holy Spirit and God's Word.

>> >>> > As a Proverbs 17:17 Friend, I will try to....

A>>> Accept the other person as he or she is.

B>>> Believes in the other person.

C>>> Calls the other person just to say “Hi”.

D>>> Doesn’t give up on the other person.

E>>> Envisions the whole of the other person (even the unfinished parts).

F>>> Forgives the other person’s mistakes.

G>>> Gives to the other person unconditionally.

H>>> Helps the other person.

I>>> Invites the other person over.

J>>> Just enjoys “being” with the other person.

K>>> Keeps the other person close at ”heart” by thinking thankfully of him or her often.

L>>> Loves the other person for who he or she is.

M>>> Makes a difference in the other person’s life.

N>>> Never judges the other person in a condemnatory way,

but appropriately teaches discerning right and wrong.

O>>> Offers the other person any needed support.

P>>> Picks the other person up by humor, encouraging, etc.

Q>>> Quiets the other person’s fears.

R>>> Raises the other person’s spirits.

S>>> Says nice things about the other person.

T>>> Tells the other person the truth when he or she needs to hear it.

U>>> Understands the other person.

V>>> Values the other person.

W>>> Walks beside the other person.

X>>> X-plains things the other person doesn’t understand.

Y>>> Yearns to maintain friendship with the other person.

Z>>> Zaps the other person back to reality (not verbally or physically violently).

Best Love and Need in ETRLF-- https://app.box.com/s/dpskrblf1wi86kworal4y3x8xawdz2oh

Love in the New Testament-- ETRSF & questions (34 pgs.)-- https://app.box.com/s/lnle9zh5zwyxc2k3h74o14xz7n1dgfgb

The very best of marriages-- https://app.box.com/s/vdrwk9e13dlotos52zv2wvjj5ld3bq0c

‘Promise’ and 'Vow' Bible Study Tool in ETRSF (17 pages)-- https://app.box.com/s/l2o89xdjis8kn730slp3oqc7bbqp086c

Wonderful Spousal Goals in ETRLF-- https://app.box.com/s/1pb6hitkcyzojgahnkm8uuc50b9cma39

I just wanted a woman to live Proverbs 3:5-6 and Jude 20-23 and the following:

Ideal goals for every spouse that you should be able to say of God the Father too:

B -- I believe in you. I will boast about you because I appreciate you.

E -- We can endure anything together. I always enjoy being with you.

S -- I will stand-up and stand-by you whenever necessary. You completely satisfy me.

T -- I will tolerate your unusual or strange habits. I am thankful for all of you.

F -- I am so happy because you have let me become completely familiar with you. You are fantastic.

R -- I rejoice for every smile and touch from you. We can have daily revival.

I -- You are plenty intelligent enough for me. I greatly enjoy all types of intimacy with you.

E -- You give me so much excitement and hope. Special energy comes from you and goes into me.

N -- No one but you is the best for me. Nothing can stop my love for you.

D -- You are the dearest being in the world. You are the best divine blessing for me every day.

F

FullyLoved

For Proverbs 17:17, 1 Corinthians 13:4-8 Friendship

(by Bill Stevenson)

Note: This is my adaptation of the “A Friend” list (which I did not write). As you read it, think about you in relating to your spouse or, if you are not married, in relating to your best friend. I believe that only true Christians with Holy Spirit guidance (by living Proverbs 3:5-6) can eventually live it with the help of the Holy Spirit and God's Word.

>> >>> > As a Proverbs 17:17 Friend, I will try to....

A>>> Accept the other person as he or she is.

B>>> Believes in the other person.

C>>> Calls the other person just to say “Hi”.

D>>> Doesn’t give up on the other person.

E>>> Envisions the whole of the other person (even the unfinished parts).

F>>> Forgives the other person’s mistakes.

G>>> Gives to the other person unconditionally.

H>>> Helps the other person.

I>>> Invites the other person over.

J>>> Just enjoys “being” with the other person.

K>>> Keeps the other person close at ”heart” by thinking thankfully of him or her often.

L>>> Loves the other person for who he or she is.

M>>> Makes a difference in the other person’s life.

N>>> Never judges the other person in a condemnatory way,

but appropriately teaches discerning right and wrong.

O>>> Offers the other person any needed support.

P>>> Picks the other person up by humor, encouraging, etc.

Q>>> Quiets the other person’s fears.

R>>> Raises the other person’s spirits.

S>>> Says nice things about the other person.

T>>> Tells the other person the truth when he or she needs to hear it.

U>>> Understands the other person.

V>>> Values the other person.

W>>> Walks beside the other person.

X>>> X-plains things the other person doesn’t understand.

Y>>> Yearns to maintain friendship with the other person.

Z>>> Zaps the other person back to reality (not verbally or physically violently).

Best Love and Need in ETRLF-- https://app.box.com/s/dpskrblf1wi86kworal4y3x8xawdz2oh

Love in the New Testament-- ETRSF & questions (34 pgs.)-- https://app.box.com/s/lnle9zh5zwyxc2k3h74o14xz7n1dgfgb

The very best of marriages-- https://app.box.com/s/vdrwk9e13dlotos52zv2wvjj5ld3bq0c

‘Promise’ and 'Vow' Bible Study Tool in ETRSF (17 pages)-- https://app.box.com/s/l2o89xdjis8kn730slp3oqc7bbqp086c

Wonderful Spousal Goals in ETRLF-- https://app.box.com/s/1pb6hitkcyzojgahnkm8uuc50b9cma39

I just wanted a woman to live Proverbs 3:5-6 and Jude 20-23 and the following:

Ideal goals for every spouse that you should be able to say of God the Father too:

B -- I believe in you. I will boast about you because I appreciate you.

E -- We can endure anything together. I always enjoy being with you.

S -- I will stand-up and stand-by you whenever necessary. You completely satisfy me.

T -- I will tolerate your unusual or strange habits. I am thankful for all of you.

F -- I am so happy because you have let me become completely familiar with you. You are fantastic.

R -- I rejoice for every smile and touch from you. We can have daily revival.

I -- You are plenty intelligent enough for me. I greatly enjoy all types of intimacy with you.

E -- You give me so much excitement and hope. Special energy comes from you and goes into me.

N -- No one but you is the best for me. Nothing can stop my love for you.

D -- You are the dearest being in the world. You are the best divine blessing for me every day.
Why do you feel the need to adapt something you didn't write?