Why is the church so accepting of divorce and remarriage?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
Pat robinson supported Newt Gingrich, even though he married 3 times and divorced his first two wives then they became sick. Not to mention the number of Pastors who supported Trump, no matter when he said or did. Sto[ supporting the man. You may support some of the ideas they have, but not when they go against scripture.
And Mike Pompeo is supposedly an evangelical Christian. He is even supposedly pre-trib!
Never, ever share a flea-bitten bed with sleazy politicians. If they get out of line.....fire them.

BTW.....it is inconceivable that Pompeo could possible be saved given the fact he was head of CIA and State Department. Waaaaay too many dirty deeds are done day in and day out. He would have to do what Matthew did......quit, walk away, depart from the old life.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
if you are a wolf yourself though, admit it and save everyone the misery of watching you attempt to devour the sheep.

Becase thats what it comes across as.

JohnB

Jul 31, 2022
Calif
Sorry I am not a fan of Mark Driscoll and his ridiculous eisegesis.

“Jesus Christ commands you to do this.” he states in his sermon.

No one wonder the church is such a mess with such idiocy at the pulpit.

Resting in the shade and eating fruit could just as easily, and more readily, be read as a symbol of comfort, peace, and joy.

Driscoll has no clue, but an obvious agenda, too bad you are caught up in it.
Read the Jewish commentaries on this verse.

JohnB

Jul 31, 2022
Calif
I'm not married and have no interest in dating or getting married. I used to try very hard to date and find someone to marry and it never happened. Now that I'm not trying I have to beat them off with a stick, seriously. I'm not bragging; I'm not really even that good looking. I'm just saying Locoponydirtman is right.
I have done both, looked for years and not looked for years, Both ended with the same results...nothing.

JohnB

Jul 31, 2022
Calif
I think it's something the OP has to get over.

churches don't tell people who they can or can't marry as far as I know.
If you are under 18, usually its your parents influencing you. After 18 you can marry whoever you want. If you marry someone your parents don't approve of, then its really on you to deal with that.

If your parents are dead, or both parents are dead, nobody is going to care that much. Honestly.
The desires for companionship have never left. Sometimes they are very strong, sometimes they are not so strong. But always there.

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
I have done both, looked for years and not looked for years, Both ended with the same results...nothing.
You're probably scaring them off. Women have a very good radar for when a guy is just trying to score.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
Look on a legit Christian Filipina marriage site. Lots of legit ladies there looking for an honest marriage.
That is where my wife and I got together.....

Jan 27, 2023
I agree, I get really disappointed when a church leader supports any politician. I understand supporting ideas, but not the politician.
Do you not know what God says about government brother? all authority has been given to Jesus. the government is on his shoulders. promotion comes from the Lord. All authority is from God and people will be judged according to what they have done and doing evil in authority is even worse. wickedness reigns because justice is not expedited quickly. politics should be run and is ordained by Gods heart and especially a person in authority is put there by God, (unless you cheat the system but even then is allowed by God), justice without righteousness is just revenge. we are to pray for all authority so we can live a peaceable life. Romans 13:1
Every person is to be in subjection to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those which exist are established by God.

Source: https://bible.knowing-jesus.com/topics/Respecting-Authority

JohnB

Jul 31, 2022
Calif
Do you not know what God says about government brother? all authority has been given to Jesus. the government is on his shoulders. promotion comes from the Lord. All authority is from God and people will be judged according to what they have done and doing evil in authority is even worse. wickedness reigns because justice is not expedited quickly. politics should be run and is ordained by Gods heart and especially a person in authority is put there by God, (unless you cheat the system but even then is allowed by God), justice without righteousness is just revenge. we are to pray for all authority so we can live a peaceable life. Romans 13:1
Every person is to be in subjection to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those which exist are established by God.

Source: https://bible.knowing-jesus.com/topics/Respecting-Authority
Do you know how the book of Daniel describes human governments? They are described as beasts.

JohnB

Jul 31, 2022
Calif
Look on a legit Christian Filipina marriage site. Lots of legit ladies there looking for an honest marriage.
That is where my wife and I got together.....
At this point I could not afford that. I'm on Social Security and what I earn from part time work.

JohnB

Jul 31, 2022
Calif
I don't need to, unlike you, I have not need to superimpose on scripture what I want it to say.
So you define the scriptures yourself? You don't look at other sources?

JohnB

Jul 31, 2022
Calif
You're probably scaring them off. Women have a very good radar for when a guy is just trying to score.
I am not scaring them off. In my 30's and 40's I was told many times, "John you have everything I'm looking for, but you have never been married and don't have children" The one thing they looked for was the one thing GOD kept me from.

JohnB

Jul 31, 2022
Calif
And Mike Pompeo is supposedly an evangelical Christian. He is even supposedly pre-trib!
Never, ever share a flea-bitten bed with sleazy politicians. If they get out of line.....fire them.

BTW.....it is inconceivable that Pompeo could possible be saved given the fact he was head of CIA and State Department. Waaaaay too many dirty deeds are done day in and day out. He would have to do what Matthew did......quit, walk away, depart from the old life.

Have these Pastors forgotten, we are not citizens of this world and we are not to get entangled in the affairs of this world.

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
I am not scaring them off. In my 30's and 40's I was told many times, "John you have everything I'm looking for, but you have never been married and don't have children" The one thing they looked for was the one thing GOD kept me from.
You've said many time here you wish you were married so you could have sex. What woman doesn't want to hear that? And you obsess about it constantly on here. I think I'm beginning to see the problem.

Jan 27, 2023
Do you know how the book of Daniel describes human governments? They are described as beasts.
do you not know that they will belong to the Lord. Rev 11:15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever. satan started out as a snake and ended up as a dragon all because of the authority we have given to him. not by power not by might but by my Spirit say the Lord.

JohnB

Jul 31, 2022
Calif
do you not know that they will belong to the Lord. Rev 11:15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever. satan started out as a snake and ended up as a dragon all because of the authority we have given to him. not by power not by might but by my Spirit say the Lord.

JohnB

Jul 31, 2022
Calif
The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord

JohnB

Jul 31, 2022
Calif
You've said many time here you wish you were married so you could have sex. What woman doesn't want to hear that? And you obsess about it constantly on here. I think I'm beginning to see the problem.
Jesus and Paul were very clear, the main purpose of marriage is to have sex. To control those desires.

Do not deny yourselves to each other, unless you first agree to do so for a while in order to spend your time in prayer; but then resume normal marital relations. In this way you will be kept from giving in to Satan's temptation because of your lack of self-control.
1 Corinthians 7:5