Why the Baptism with the Holy Spirit is not for Today

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

presidente

May 29, 2013
This is hearsay.
If you consider scripture to be "hearsay" and reject it how will you learn anything?

Why wouldn't the scriptures you quote and eisegete equally be 'hearsay'.

Jan 17, 2020
If you consider scripture to be "hearsay" and reject it how will you learn anything?

Why wouldn't the scriptures you quote and eisegete equally be 'hearsay'.
Tertullian got rolled by the Montanists cult. That's your proof?

Jan 17, 2020
There were people exercising spiritual gifts before 1901. Just studying the period just prior to it there was speaking in tongues- just one of the gifts. There are many more accounts of healing.
Ya.... the Irvingites and Darby's crew.

I

IFOLLOWHIM

What then was with the believers before 1901? Because your teaching was not before. In australia f.e. then no believer was found before 1908. Because the first person received the baptism with the Holy Spirit in 1908. All others then are wrong? No real believers ?

Who knows how many or when He's done a pouring out to His believers.
I know not anyone's heart only He does.
Everything He has for us is for ALL of us if we believe and recieve!
He said seek and you will find ask and it will be given.
When we allow our minds to become shadowed by man's or denominal doctrine outside the word the we cannot be led by the Spirit!

As some would say DONE AND DUSTED... Carry on in whatever way you choose.

wolfwint

Feb 15, 2014
There were people exercising spiritual gifts before 1901. Just studying the period just prior to it there was speaking in tongues- just one of the gifts. There are many more accounts of healing.
I was not questioning spiritual gifts before 1901. I was talking about a teaching about the baptising with the Holy Spirit which was not found before 1901.

wolfwint

Feb 15, 2014
Who knows how many or when He's done a pouring out to His believers.
I know not anyone's heart only He does.
Everything He has for us is for ALL of us if we believe and recieve!
He said seek and you will find ask and it will be given.
When we allow our minds to become shadowed by man's or denominal doctrine outside the word the we cannot be led by the Spirit!

As some would say DONE AND DUSTED... Carry on in whatever way you choose.
Yes, this is right. I agree with you. Thats why I trusting alone the word of God.

Timothy5378

Feb 3, 2020
Never does the Bible say that God ended much of the HS job gifts and Baptisim if the HS when the HS had just come down....no pay did the HS stop working 60 years after He came down because the scripture was complete

The Bible does not teach anything of the sort..the HS baptised me on the sofa while I was reading the Bible when I first got saved

So now are you going to say I'm P/C...im not

What was written in the NT is what works for today

People just don't want the NT life for its a low things and money lots of sharing the gospel life

People want what they want lots of money and pleasure

Or on this site conflict

We need not argue so much...each topic God has His truth from His Word and Himself to teach each verse

If we have 1000 threads people arguing opposite positions does that no prove the division

Jan 17, 2020
Never does the Bible say that God ended much of the HS job gifts and Baptisim if the HS when the HS had just come down....no pay did the HS stop working 60 years after He came down because the scripture was complete

The Bible does not teach anything of the sort..the HS baptised me on the sofa while I was reading the Bible when I first got saved

So now are you going to say I'm P/C...im not

What was written in the NT is what works for today

People just don't want the NT life for its a low things and money lots of sharing the gospel life

People want what they want lots of money and pleasure

Or on this site conflict

We need not argue so much...each topic God has His truth from His Word and Himself to teach each verse

If we have 1000 threads people arguing opposite positions does that no prove the division
Where are the signs and wonders of the Apostles now and in history if the gifts have not ceased? There's your proof if scripture doesn't settle it for you.

Timothy5378

Feb 3, 2020
Dave I have had the gifts myself 15 years now...just like the apostles had...i do not control it...God does...but rain stops...people get healed. Demons cast out and the gospel is preached

Jan 17, 2020
Dave I have had the gifts myself 15 years now...just like the apostles had...i do not control it...God does...but rain stops...people get healed. Demons cast out and the gospel is preached
Any Christian can cast out demons. If you had the gifts it would be the same as the Apostles had. You nor anyone else has these.

Timothy5378

Feb 3, 2020
Dave I do have them...how can you say what I do or do not have....are you blind and dumb....why argue with a person who has them???

Jan 17, 2020
Dave I do have them...how can you say what I do or do not have....are you blind and dumb....why argue with a person who has them???
Scripture says you don't have thm.

Timothy5378

Feb 3, 2020
Where David does it say that? answer...and I do have them David

Jan 17, 2020
Where David does it say that? answer...and I do have them David
It would be just like Acts and the Apostles if anyone had the gifts. Raising the dead and healing twisted limbs.....

Jul 23, 2018
Can you find an example from scripture where an Apostle was not involved in distributing the Baptism of the Holy Spirit? The "Gift" of the Holy Spirit is for all believers forever. But the Baptism was only for the 12 Apostles whom God gave it to at Pentecost, those at Cornelius' house, and any the Apostles laid hands on.
The very fact that it is happening today refutes your every erroneous theory.

Lets say God gives you a dream.
But here come the refuters.
They tell you "show me where anyone from iceland ever had a God dream in the bible."

Beyond obsurd

Jan 17, 2020
The very fact that it is happening today refutes your every erroneous theory.

Lets say God gives you a dream.
But here come the refuters.
They tell you "show me where anyone from iceland ever had a God dream in the bible."

Beyond obsurd
The gifts were meant to be seen. Where are they now? Invisible??

watcher2013

Aug 6, 2013
Is baptism essential for salvation? No. I would say though if Jesus did it as an example, Believers if given the opportunity should probably be immersed. It’s a true symbolic proclamation.
Jesus said...EXCEPT a man be born of WATER and SPIRIT..he canot enter the kingdom of God.
he also said...ye MUST be born again...
baptism is mandatory requirement...please watch the video.

Aerials1978

Dec 10, 2019
Jesus said...EXCEPT a man be born of WATER and SPIRIT..he canot enter the kingdom of God.
he also said...ye MUST be born again...
baptism is mandatory requirement...please watch the video.
I don’t watch YouTube clips for confirmation of my faith.

Jan 17, 2020
Scripture directly supports this outline of the Holy Spirit and Gifts in Acts. Everything else you hear today is added to scripture.
The gifts in Acts.png

The Gift of the Holy Spirit
I. given directly to all believers then and now for all time
II. Included the Baptism of the Holy Spirit for some during the first century

A. Given directly to the 12 Apostles
1. They spoke in tongues, prophesied and performed signs and wonders in Acts
a. Given to Philip by the Apostles.
b. He worked signs and wonders
c. Given to the Samaritans by the Apostles

B. Given directly to Paul as an Apostle
1. He worked signs and wonders
a. Baptism of the Holy Spirit Given to the Ephesians by Paul the Apostle