WHY THE KING JAMES VERSION?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Oct 31, 2011
DiscipleDave; ]Are you saying then that thousands of people who did read it and trust it, were wrong to do so?

Do you believe we are in the last days?

Does the generation that live in the last days going to produce BETTER and more accurate Bible Translations? or is it more likely that the generation of the last day people are going to interpret it in such a way that will be beneficial to those living in the last days?

Doesn't Jesus describe the people in the last days? And this generation we are going to trust with NEW interpretations of the Bible.

Which is more likely to be the one you pick.

1) a translation that was not interpreted by the last days generation or
2) a translation that came out of the last days generation?

So my question is , if you do not trust the KJV which has been around for over 400 years, but instead would trust versions that come out of this last days generation. Are you then saying that all those who did read the KJV and trusted in it for their Salvation, and Truly believed it was the Word of God, were wrong to read it and trust it?

which brings me to another question: If those prior to 1970, who did indeed read and trust the KJV Bible, were wrong to do so, were they truly Saved or not?

my point is, if they (those prior to 1970 who did trust the KJV) were Saved because of the KJV, what has changed? Could i not read and Trust the KJV just as they did prior to 1970 and still go to Heaven just as all those who read and trusted the KJV will also go to Heaven.

If then they, who trusted the KJV, were Truly Saved because they read it and trusted it, can't you also read it and trust it and be Saved even as they were, or do you believe they were not Truly Saved because they trusted the KJV which was not to be trusted?

Prior to 1970 the KJV was and without doubt considered the Word of God, but somehow people changed it, the KJV somehow was demoted, was no longer considered the Word of God as it was before. Might this be because the last days generation stepped in, and decided the KJV was in need of improvement, based solely on what man believed to be the Truth, based on man's interpretation of the Word of God.

To me it is ironic. Scriptures over and over again put down those who are learned, yet these are the very people that we (the last days generation) listen to fullheartedly. It is the learned who came up with the new translations, the LEARNED, who we (according to Scriptures) are to be weary of. To me that is ironic indeed.
Dave, I do believe we are in the last days, and I see all around me signs of it as the bible tells us to look for. I don’t believe that all of us are lost, God always has a remnant. I think the Lord is very close to that remnant now, and has opened up information for them to use with new findings of old writings. Ancient languages can be read now, for the first time. I think this information was opened up by God for our benefit, to give us an added way to know Him better.

At the same time that I would not read the KJV, now, or think the Lord wants me to, I think God gave it to the times it was for and it was used by God for a blessing. Even though God tells us over and over not to persecute the Jews, and lets us know to let Him take care of the problems they have with not understanding, and that Christ and the Father are one, many to this day do not hear God tell them that. No gentile could read those scriptures with understanding in the 15th, 16th, 17th, or 18th centuries. Since the Holocaust people can read those scriptures. Now they need a translation that does not need to be careful of anything it says about Jews or their life, but report just exactly as it was originally written. We have those translations.

I think we have to walk carefully with our Lord, now more than ever being we are in the last days. It is true there are so many ideas that say they are from God and don’t follow scripture. But I think we have truly Godly men, and truly Godly translations of the bible. The KJV had a fault that was corrected. I read the best corrected ones I can find, not the KJV.

DiscipleDave

Sep 4, 2012
Dave, I do believe we are in the last days, and I see all around me signs of it as the bible tells us to look for. I don’t believe that all of us are lost, God always has a remnant. I think the Lord is very close to that remnant now, and has opened up information for them to use with new findings of old writings. Ancient languages can be read now, for the first time. I think this information was opened up by God for our benefit, to give us an added way to know Him better.

At the same time that I would not read the KJV, now, or think the Lord wants me to, I think God gave it to the times it was for and it was used by God for a blessing. Even though God tells us over and over not to persecute the Jews, and lets us know to let Him take care of the problems they have with not understanding, and that Christ and the Father are one, many to this day do not hear God tell them that. No gentile could read those scriptures with understanding in the 15th, 16th, 17th, or 18th centuries. Since the Holocaust people can read those scriptures. Now they need a translation that does not need to be careful of anything it says about Jews or their life, but report just exactly as it was originally written. We have those translations.

I think we have to walk carefully with our Lord, now more than ever being we are in the last days. It is true there are so many ideas that say they are from God and don’t follow scripture. But I think we have truly Godly men, and truly Godly translations of the bible. The KJV had a fault that was corrected. I read the best corrected ones I can find, not the KJV.
Very well said, and who am i to dispute what God allows to be found today? i am not saying we should not believe new found manuscripts or scrolls. But our discussion was on the KJV. Other books of the Bible and other manuscripts that are found can be beneficial to ones understanding, this i am not disagreeing with. but your statement that you do not read or Trust the KJV, this is what i responded to. You say above the KJV had a fault that was corrected, what fault was that can i ask? For besides punctuation, and irrelevant trivial things, i find no fault in it at all. i believe even as thousands of Saved Christians believed before me, that the KJV is indeed the Word of God. and when i stand before God on Judgement Day, it will be accounted to be for righteousness, for i believed by Faith that it was indeed the Word of God, despite if man says it is wrong. It is what God left for me to study and to come to His understanding of the Truth. i myself, know that it is the Word of God, and God has put His seal and stamp on it. Now being that He has done this, it seems to me, man will try to do whatever he can to unseal it, unstamp it. satan himself can appear as an angel of light, yes? he can also come up with an ancient manuscript to cause many to be confused and fall away from the Word of God.
Ancient manuscripts are fine and dandy i believe, as long as they add up to what the Word of God teaches, if the manuscript contradicts the Word of God, i do not believe the manuscript over the KJV.

Seriously to know ones enemy is the best way to beat him, if you were satan, and you could not get rid of the KJV, what are some things you might do, to get people to stop reading it? Stop believing it? The biggest thing he did, which by the way is brilliant on his part, is coming up with evolution, if he can prove to the world, or make them believe in evolution, then the Bible will be put up for question. If the world is billions of years old, how then can the Bible be true? So now we have translations of the Bible which teach Genesis is a story, an analogy, a parable, or symbolism. If satan can't get rid of the Word of God (KJV) then he will do the next best thing he can possibly do and that is to come up with counterfeits, anything he can do to get people away from the Word of God.
It is written over and over again to have one mind, to think the same thing. Prior to 1970 the Church had exactly one mind, what was considered the Word of God, and that was the KJV. Now though, oh my, we are so divided it is appalling. Can't even sit in a Bible Study without getting confused while reading along with each other, because one person has a KJV another has American Standard version, another the NIV. Now you hear "Well mine says .... .... .. " this is not of God. who is the author of confusion? NOT God. Do you really think it was God's plan for thousands of different translation to come about? This was never His intentions, it is however satans intentions, it causes doubt of the KJV, confusion to which version is the best, which version is right? All of this is not of God but of satan.
Well i better stop it is 2:30 here and i am tired now. Please visit my website, for on it i write what He has told me to write.

^i^

May 25, 2010
I'm convinced that the KJV is the TRUE and Infallible Word of GOD for both historic and biblical reasons which i have already described on this site some time ago, for this is a continually debated topic.

Just as there is One Body (the Church), One Spirit, One Hope, One LORD, One Faith, One Baptism (Holy Spirit), One GOD and Father of All (Eph4:4-6), I also believe the LORD speaks with One Voice through One Book: and only those His Faithful followers will hear His Voice and heed HIS Calling. But one thing is certain about man and the TRUTH: he can never be trusted with it. And it is for this reason alone that GOD wrote us THE BOOK on TRUTH: and not only that we should have the TRUTH, whereby we might be saved, but also so we might be held accountable to it, so GOD could judge the wicked. Man, indeed, is the most subtle creature GOD created, using 'religion' to deceived and enslave the simple-minded masses; and this tormented world with its plethora of false religions is the evidence of this subtlety.

P.S. Adam is the devil because it was he who told Eve the perverted commandment she quoted to the Serpent (Gen3:1-3), who was Adam in the flesh, not a snake (myth).