Why the New is better than the Old

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

RoboOp

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 4, 2008
Yes the New Covenant is way better than the Old Covenant.

Why? Because it's easier, it's simpler, it's faster, and it's more secure. And it just works way better.

You just believe. It's that simple, fast, and easy. ('Course you must truly believe in Jesus with all your heart, and He does the rest if we allow Him.) And no one can take us out of His hand -- completely secure. And it all just works. Even when we mess up, He makes it work.

And likewise the new CC is way better than the old CC.

Why? Because it's easier, it's simpler, it's faster, and it's more secure. And it just works way better.

Here are 12 examples, one a time, posted periodically in this thread. (Biblical number. I assume I can think of at least 12.)

Or maybe others can help. :)

RoboOp

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 4, 2008
#1 it's secure SSL

Since it's SSL it's more secure (or at least gives people that perception, or assurance, with the "Secure" symbol by the address instead of a scary "not secure" symbol Google Chrome started doing for non-SSL sites). and it's just up to par with current industry standards, as encouraged by Google.

More coming later, til I hit 12 :)

Last edited:

RoboOp

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 4, 2008
#2 with you always, everywhere

It's fully mobile friendly and full featured on mobile so it's always with you if you want it to be, via your mobile phone. Well, Christian friends, and new people to reach out to, wherever you are.

RoboOp

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 4, 2008
#3 more modern natural messaging

The "mail" is threaded as "conversations" (instead of a separate mail for every message like the old site) and you can even invite others into your mail conversation.

RoboOp

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 4, 2008
#4 you can more easily share your life (and be blessed by others sharing their life)

With the life-bits you can easily share bits of your life, for example snap photos or even snap videos on your phone, and share with CC fiends directly from your phone, pretty easily. Or share with others what you're watching (e.g. on YouTube) or listening to (e.g., really good Christian music).

RoboOp

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 4, 2008
#5 more "holy" and clean and friendly (and less "heresy")

Now all new threads are moderated (i.e., screened). (And also pictures, videos, etc.) Also all reports dealt with, one way or another, regarding abuse in the forum.

That is more of an administrative aspect, but the new site setup does better facilitate all of that on the administrative end of things, and probably also on the user end (e.g., making reports).

Last edited:

RoboOp

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 4, 2008
#6 more easily expressive reactions

You can "react" in a variety of expressive ways instead of just "like". Go ahead, react now! :)

RoboOp

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 4, 2008
#7 more fun and visual with the giphy's

Built-in giphy search (have you noticed)? Right there in the text editor.

Yay!

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
#4 you can more easily share your life (and be blessed by others sharing their life)

With the life-bits you can easily share bits of your life, for example snap photos or even snap videos on your phone, and share with CC fiends directly from your phone, pretty easily. Or share with others what you're watching (e.g. on YouTube) or listening to (e.g., really good Christian music).
ROFL @ "CC fiends"...

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
#5 more "holy" and clean and friendly (and less "heresy")

Now all new threads are moderated (i.e., screened). (And also pictures, videos, etc.) Also all reports dealt with, one way or another, regarding abuse in the forum.

That is more of an administrative aspect, but the new site setup does better facilitate all of that on the administrative end of things, and probably also on the user end (e.g., making reports).
This is good. At least now we don't have to wait for hours until a mod comes on, while a love spell troll creates tons of threads..

NotmebutHim

May 17, 2015
This is good. At least now we don't have to wait for hours until a mod comes on, while a love spell troll creates tons of threads..
Or ones which threaten us with visits from police and Marines...........

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Robo, why did we lose the Ladies forum? Is it gonna make an appearance here?

D

Depleted

And are Groups permanently gone or temporarily gone?

RoboOp

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 4, 2008
Robo, why did we lose the Ladies forum? Is it gonna make an appearance here?
Thanks for bringing that to my attention. It's not lost, but apparently not showing for ladies as it's supposed to. It doesn't show for men, not even me, so I wouldn't know the difference. Let me see about fixing that (a bit later).

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Thanks for bringing that to my attention. It's not lost, but apparently not showing for ladies as it's supposed to. It doesn't show for men, not even me, so I wouldn't know the difference. Let me see about fixing that (a bit later).
You're welcome, and thank you. :)

A

AuntieAnt

Yes the New Covenant is way better than the Old Covenant.

You just believe. It's that simple, fast, and easy. ('Course you must truly believe in Jesus with all your heart, and He does the rest if we allow Him.) And no one can take us out of His hand -- completely secure. And it all just works. Even when we mess up, He makes it work.
Halluljah! This is the best explanation of the gospel I've read on this site! Glory to God!

Putting on Christ.jpg

A

AuntieAnt

I love that CC is more secure now!! Also, soooo cool that new threads need approval now, making it harder for spammers, scammers & trolls to sabotage the site. :D(y) Praise God!!

trofimus

Aug 17, 2015
What about nationality/country flags? In the old app, it was immediately visible who is from where, right below their user icon. Will it be implented in the new app, too?

trofimus

Aug 17, 2015
#8 Alert when somebody quotes my post

Useful functionality, I will not miss something just because I forgot that I was involved in some conversation, anymore.