Why won't guys make a move?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Mar 21, 2019
Honestly.
I am confused at the way people are responding to Subhumanoidal. It truly appears that some people have been selective in what they are reading. He's just saying that if you aren't dating, don't be so hyper-focused on finding someone to date and marry. Enjoy each day that you're given, make the most of it as a single person, don't allow these thoughts on dating and marriage to take all your energy and direct it away from your greater calling, especially the Great Commission. You may believe that everyone, everywhere is called to be married according to God's plan. But if that were true, then everyone everywhere would be married. Because they aren't, it isn't according to God's plan. If something is God's plan, it happens. Moving on.
I don't think the issue is so much what he says, as the way he says it. Some examples below.

It seems, by the responses to my post, people here can't distinguish between the concepts contentedly single vs the impatience and self punishment many singles inflict on themselves, causing them to waste years of their lives.
Numerous responses to my post were nothing more than 'fat people as lazy' responders and missing the point.
When someone takes such a whiny tone, I just can't help but disagree. His points might be valid, but to generalise and say people can't distinguish between comments (note the use of "people", not "some people"), and comparing responders to his posts as "'fat people as lazy' responders and missing the point" doesn't go very far toward obtaining agreement.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
I don't think the issue is so much what he says, as the way he says it. Some examples below.
When someone takes such a whiny tone, I just can't help but disagree. His points might be valid, but to generalise and say people can't distinguish between comments (note the use of "people", not "some people"), and comparing responders to his posts as "'fat people as lazy' responders and missing the point" doesn't go very far toward obtaining agreement.
Nothing about those comments is "whiny". It's calling out ridiculous responses. There is a lot of whining on this forum, but these two posts aren't examples of it.

Your reason for disagreeing with Sub's posts is patently ridiculous. Something you happen to disagree with isn't "whiny"; it's a different opinion. Instead of disagreeing (with no explanation, which is simply cowardly) how about quoting him yourself and explaining why you disagree with his posts... with something more than leftist millennial "I'm offended" non-logic.

Mar 21, 2019
Nothing about those comments is "whiny". It's calling out ridiculous responses. There is a lot of whining on this forum, but these two posts aren't examples of it.

Your reason for disagreeing with Sub's posts is patently ridiculous. Something you happen to disagree with isn't "whiny"; it's a different opinion. Instead of disagreeing (with no explanation, which is simply cowardly) how about quoting him yourself and explaining why you disagree with his posts... with something more than leftist millennial "I'm offended" non-logic.
Actually, it's not leftist because his free speech was not censored, and it's not cowardly, because everyone can see it was me who marked his statement as incorrect. I simply indicated his statement was wrong. As to why I don't get involved with him, but why I respond to you, see below.

Proverbs 26:3-4 A whip for the horse, a bridle for the donkey, and a rod for the backs of fools! Do not answer a fool according to his folly, or you yourself will be like him.

Proverbs 9:8 Do not rebuke mockers or they will hate you; rebuke the wise and they will love you.

melita916

Aug 12, 2011
I think the best thing to say is God’s will is good, pleasing, and perfect... whether one is single or married.

Jun 2, 2019
I know this is kind of silly but for a change if you are bored waiting why don't you move yourself xD entertain them so they would had an idea that you want them in

Well i've seen a lot of girls ask guys out themselves lol and experience that 7x myself so you could also experience what pain of rejection brings

Jeffender

Jun 11, 2019
Singleness is not preparation for marriage. That is a myth perpetuates by the church to suggest marriage is superior and more godly than singleness. Paul, the guy who wrote most of the NT would disagree.
Marriage is not a promise at all. I'm 43, never married, no prospects. Best thing you can do is stop waiting around and live your life.
So many Christian's waste their lives sitting around waiting for "the one" and put Themselves through a lot of emotional pain. And if they do ever meet someone 50% divorce.
So stop being indoctrinated by the false gospel of marriage pushes by the church, learn to be content where you're at and go enjoy the life you have, rather than wish you had a different life.