Why Won't I Vote for Trump?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
Why vote for Trump?

I have heard that if elected Trump would start WW3, he will wreck the economy, and he will jail his political opponents. So why vote for him, we already have that now.

Dec 9, 2011
Except when It comes to Trump saying something stupid.
Are you saying that Trump’s verbal attacks on people are provoked attacks?In my opinion everyone respects Trump first and are not the first to verbally attack so then your response would IMO be more accurate If you said when has Trump been polite.

Dec 9, 2011
since when has anyone been polite to trump? supporters don't count.
Are you saying that Trump’s verbal attacks on people are provoked attacks?In my opinion everyone respects Trump first and are not the first to verbally attack so then your response would IMO be more accurate If you said when has Trump been polite.

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
IMO Trump Is getting dEmonic spiritual help.
As unGODly as Trump Is,many Christians are choosing him rather than a different republican.
But isn't this the reason Jesus is the only one for Christians to trust in for salvation? The secret societies, or whoever are behind Trump, have given the people a choice between more of the same and even worse from the overtly Satanic uniparty, by voting for any Democrat or transparently obvious RINOs, or voting for the - as you say "unGODly" Trump (his only crimes being advocating for grabbing women in his youth, and perhaps being a touch arrogant?) - who likely will be the end of the Satanic uniparty, but may well introduce some new, more deceptive evil?

I think for any who believe in voting, the choice is obviously Trump, but I do understand those who won't vote because all options are evil. However, unless such decision also extended to past elections, I would also consider such people to be hypocrites.

timemeddler

Jul 13, 2023
I said NO ONE is being polite, duh,

timemeddler

Jul 13, 2023
stop being a psycho activist looking for a fight and learn to go do something vaguely constructive.

Dec 9, 2011
But isn't this the reason Jesus is the only one for Christians to trust in for salvation? The secret societies, or whoever are behind Trump, have given the people a choice between more of the same and even worse from the overtly Satanic uniparty, by voting for any Democrat or transparently obvious RINOs, or voting for the - as you say "unGODly" Trump (his only crimes being advocating for grabbing women in his youth, and perhaps being a touch arrogant?) - who likely will be the end of the Satanic uniparty, but may well introduce some new, more deceptive evil?

I think for any who believe in voting, the choice is obviously Trump, but I do understand those who won't vote because all options are evil. However, unless such decision also extended to past elections, I would also consider such people to be hypocrites.
I would IMO consider them to be hypocrites also🙂being Christian and choosing someone thats F A R away from any attributes that Jesus would smile upon.

DRobinson

Aug 23, 2023
I have come to the conclusion that it does not matter who is elected.
This nation is beyond saving.
God's judgment is soon coming.
I will no longer be a part of this madness every four years of choosing the less evil of those running.
I will not vote for anyone in the presidential election.

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
I would IMO consider them to be hypocrites also🙂being Christian and choosing someone thats F A R away from any attributes that Jesus would smile upon.
If one is prepared to go to war for his country, and many Christians seem to be, one logically should also be prepared to vote.

But I myself do favour more the side of staying out of the world's affairs. However, it is Christians who involved themselves in the world's affairs that we have to thank for not having (overt) slavery anymore. And probably other things too.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
If one is prepared to go to war for his country, and many Christians seem to be, one logically should also be prepared to vote.

But I myself do favour more the side of staying out of the world's affairs. However, it is Christians who involved themselves in the world's affairs that we have to thank for not having (overt) slavery anymore. And probably other things too.
The Holy Spirit is restraining evil on this earth through those who are filled with the Holy Spirit. When the restrainer steps aside, a reference to the rapture of those who are filled with the Holy Spirit (the vessels are filled with oil) that is when you see Antichrist revealed and all the evil released on this earth.

The Lord told us specifically to "occupy till I come" and He also said He was not taking us out of the world, but rather that we would be in the world but not of the world.

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
If someone refuses to vote for the "lesser of two evils",
they are assenting to the "greater of two evils."

If you are fine condoning the greater of two evils...
then go ahead.

Personally, that bothers me.

I'm not trying to disparage any of the people here,
I just think we need to think harder.

God Bless.

DRobinson

Aug 23, 2023
If someone refuses to vote for the "lesser of two evils",
they are assenting to the "greater of two evils."

If you are fine condoning the greater of two evils...
then go ahead.

Personally, that bothers me.

I'm not trying to disparage any of the people here,
I just think we need to think harder.

God Bless.

I disagree.
The way I see it is to condone an evil system that will not allow decent, God fearing people to be elected.
Evil is evil.
We may disagree who is the lesser of those who are evil, but evil is still the victor, and good continues to lose.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
But I myself do favour more the side of staying out of the world's affairs.
If you stay out of the world's affairs, how will you rebuke the works of darkness and expose the lies, deceit, and evil deeds of those in leadership?

John the Baptist had no problem exposing Herod's evil deeds, although he did pay a high price for it. Christ exposed the evil and hypocrisy of the religious leaders of His day and paid an extremely high price for it (although that was part of God's plan of salvation). The pastors who stood up to COVID tyranny also paid a high price for their stand.

We have seen an exponential increase in evil and perversion over the last few years, and more Christians should have been exposing it publicly. We do know why this is happening but that does not mean that we should not speak out.

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
I disagree.
The way I see it is to condone an evil system that will not allow decent, God fearing people to be elected.
Evil is evil.
We may disagree who is the lesser of those who are evil, but evil is still the victor, and good continues to lose.
Amen.

notmyown

May 26, 2016
I disagree.
Evil is evil.
well, a "good" choice has been removed from you, a bit like Joshua 24:15. :)
maxwel makes a very cogent point in that regard.

not saying anyone should go against conscience, however if we can't or won't hold our noses and choose the lesser evil, good still continues to lose.

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
If you stay out of the world's affairs, how will you rebuke the works of darkness and expose the lies, deceit, and evil deeds of those in leadership?
When I say stay out of the world's affairs, I mean choose one worldly side over another. John the Baptist didn't favour Pilate over Herod. He didn't try to kill Herod, or support Herod's enemies who did. He simply spoke the truth.

John the Baptist had no problem exposing Herod's evil deeds, although he did pay a high price for it. Christ exposed the evil and hypocrisy of the religious leaders of His day and paid an extremely high price for it (although that was part of God's plan of salvation). The pastors who stood up to COVID tyranny also paid a high price for their stand.
So speaking the truth and ignoring or disobeying illegal commands. Trying to vote for someone who supports, or be elected to support justice comes across to me as a fools' game.

We have seen an exponential increase in evil and perversion over the last few years, and more Christians should have been exposing it publicly. We do know why this is happening but that does not mean that we should not speak out.
I definitely agree. But probably this is as far as I'd go, although some Christians would go, or perhaps are called to go, further? Such as the one who decapitated the satanic idol recently, or those serving gaol time for the shut down of baby murdering factories in the past?

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
The Word of God says that HE puts them in (office) and takes them out. HE is the one I will trust!
Cause & Effect:
There are many areas in life where God allows us some choices, to either bless or curse ourselves through natural cause and effect.
A.) You can spend your Saturday at the gym getting healthy, or spend it drinking and smoking... your choice.
B.) You can get up and go to work on time, or go to work late and get fired... your choice.

Choice in Voting:
A.) If God CHOOSES to place us in a society where we have some ability to vote, then God has once again allowed us to bless or curse ourselves, in that domain, through natural cause and effect. If we have this kind of choice, it was God's will to allow it.
B.) God doesn't have to give us this particular choice, many nations through history never had this choice, and God may remove this choice... but for now God has placed us in a society where we have this choice.

Natural Destruction:
A.)
Often in scripture, and through history, God enacts his judgement by merely ALLOWING people to have what they want.
B.) We seem to be in that situation now.
C.) If we want to vote for an evil person, God will use that person to bring the destruction we deserve... and the fact we deserve destruction is proven by the fact we chose an evil leader.
D.) If however we vote for someone good, or even just "less bad", then we reap the natural consequence - we reap the natural "cause and effect" relationship of that choice which God has ALLOWED.

The philosophy of voting isn't complicated, yet we make it so:
A.)
If God places us in a society where we can make certain choices, and we choose evil... then we reap the reward of our evil choices.
B.) If God places us in a society where we can make certain choices, and we choose better... then we reap the reward of our better choices.

Conclusion:
1.)
Sometimes God does give us choices, and he allows us to initiate blessing or cursing by those choices.
2.) You can put your hand in a fire, or put it in your pocket... we all have choices like that.
3.) In societies where GOD ALLOWS US TO VOTE, GOD HAS AFFORDED US CERTAIN CHOICES - so we should be thankful, and wise, and make good use of those choices.

DRobinson

Aug 23, 2023
well, a "good" choice has been removed from you, a bit like Joshua 24:15. :)
maxwel makes a very cogent point in that regard.

not saying anyone should go against conscience, however if we can't or won't hold our noses and choose the lesser evil, good still continues to lose.
My point is simple.
When we vote for what we believe is less evil, good still loses.
I do not condemn anyone who chooses to vote for the lesser of the evil, just stating in my opinion to do so will never fix the problem.
I will no longer do as I have in the past so many times.