why

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

noblenut

Nov 29, 2017
why do christians think that sin is an unstoppable force that cannot be overcome, if that the case Jesus died in vain.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
Jesus suffered death to save us from the penalty that was due upon us because of our sins.. In that mission Jesus succeeded 100% for those that believe Him and trust in the Atonement He secured for the forgiveness of our transgressions....

When we are resurrected and transformed into perfect beings on the day of resurrection we will be sinless and that will be because we believed Jesus and trusted in what He did to cause that transformation to happen..

So on both counts Jesus did not die in vain.. His death saves us and will be the reason we shall be transformed into perfect sinless beings.. It's all because of His Work..

The problem people have is they get the timing wrong when it comes to when the death of Jesus will achieve the transformation of His followers into sinless beings.. If people think that the complete transformation happens on the day we believe and receive the Holy Spirit, they are sorely misguided.. If people are honest about their own thoughts and deeds they will know that they have not been transformed into perfect sinless beings..

noblenut

Nov 29, 2017
so why cant you stop sinning, its possible, Jesus said stop sinning, it doesn't happen straight away but through the renewal of your mind through the word and the maturity of knowing Jesus it is possible while we live to not sin, i am not talking about folly that we will always have but we can not sin deliberately and resist temptation and get to the point where we are not even tempted anymore, Jesus did not die so we are only forgiven but to free us from the power of sin and death and to break the yoke sin has over us.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
why do christians think that sin is an unstoppable force that cannot be overcome, if that the case Jesus died in vain.
How did you come up with that conclusion? Did you take a poll? I'm a Christian and I certainly don't believe that nonsense and haven't met any other Christians that believe that to be true.

Mar 10, 2019
I believe we are saved by our faith and our works, so as long some of us start believing and get working there's hope.