Wife and Pet

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 26, 2017
In your opinion
A. Should a man name his wife, like he names his pet?
B. Should a man name his pet, when Adam already named them?

(Genesis 2:19)
Out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field and every bird of the air, and brought them to Adam to see what he would call them.
And whatever Adam called each living creature, that was its name.

(Genesis 3:20)
And Adam called his wife’s name Eve, because she was the mother of all living.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
In your opinion
People are given names shortly after birth, though endearments are often used in place of using a person's name, such as "Snookums" or "Honey." For instance, when I begin a conversation with my daughter on the phone, I often start by saying, "Hello dear." Is there a problem with giving pets names? Is it a pagan practice, or something to be avoided for some reasom?

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
In your opinion

Out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field and every bird of the air, and brought them to Adam to see what he would call them.

Let me introduce you to a concept of logic called a false dichotomy (aka false dilemma, bifurcation, or fallacy of the excluded middle). This is at least the third post you have made using this method.

"The bifurcation fallacy is committed when a false dilemma is presented, i.e. when someone is asked to choose between two options when there is at least one other option available. Of course, arguments that restrict the options to more than two but less than there really are are similarly fallacious." (source: Logical Fallacies

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
Let me introduce you to a concept of logic called a false dichotomy (aka false dilemma, bifurcation, or fallacy of the excluded middle). This is at least the third post you have made using this method.

"The bifurcation fallacy is committed when a false dilemma is presented, i.e. when someone is asked to choose between two options when there is at least one other option available. Of course, arguments that restrict the options to more than two but less than there really are are similarly fallacious." (source: Logical Fallacies

Dino,

Although this is a very good explanation of a false dilemma (a problem which occurs on cc constantly) the propositions in the OP are actually so incongruent I'd probably ask him to further clarify his point before doing the analysis.

7seasrekeyed

well now....

should every woman on earth be named Eve then? cause, dude, dat's what your sayin...

notuptome

May 17, 2013

Wow like dropping some knowledge into CC. LOL. Good job.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

notuptome

May 17, 2013
well now....

should every woman on earth be named Eve then? cause, dude, dat's what your sayin...

This demands a congressional investigation and probably a special prosecutor to be assigned. Could be of global significance.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

7seasrekeyed

This demands a congressional investigation and probably a special prosecutor to be assigned. Could be of global significance.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

well if we don't find the glue, it's gonna get sticky!

7seasrekeyed

wait....sorry...this one is better for you

Saturn

Apr 30, 2014
In your opinion

Yes and yes

In fact he should name his wife and pet the same thing!

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I wonder how many children receive the endearment of "Boo-Boo"?

7seasrekeyed

and.....for that matter.....who ya calling a dog?

Prov910

Jan 10, 2017
New world record for dumbest CC thread evar! CONGRATULATIONS!! :)

melita916

Aug 12, 2011
what is this? I don't even...

my husband had a cat. he named him Cat.

7seasrekeyed

what is this? I don't even...

my husband had a cat. he named him Cat.

oh that's close to one we had

named him KC...Kitty Cat

true story

Status
Not open for further replies.