Will faith-healers step out in faith and heal Corona virus victims? I doubt it.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
...and justvas we have all been wrong so can be the ones with a prophetic mantle.

All prophecy is to be judged.
No prophet is 100% correct.
WRONG. The Prophets of old whose oracles we read in the OT were never wrong, otherwise his Word is untrustworthy. Those who claim to hear from God had better speak in accordance with God's Word and not their puffed up pride.

Isaiah 8:20 (KJV) To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

Jul 23, 2018
Folks do not need to be getting up saying God told them something when he did not. Those fakers are the cause that the rest judge the gifts so harshly. Some of these mega churches look more like cults than actual Christians. Some folks are worshiping these fakers just like they are some kind of god, when in all actuality if those folks were ever exposed to the real genuine Spirit of God they would be afraid and hopefully repent. Doesn't appear to me that God is in this multi-million dollar industry...No where have I read anything like that in the New Testament...Also aren't teachers held to a higher standard?
I agree in part.
Just not willing to burn down the barn over 5 rats ,even though they are disgusting creatures.

look at it this way,if you really,really,really want justice for all,none of us would make it.

Jul 23, 2018
WRONG. The Prophets of old whose oracles we read in the OT were never wrong, otherwise his Word is untrustworthy. Those who claim to hear from God had better speak in accordance with God's Word and not their puffed up pride.

Isaiah 8:20 (KJV) To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.
Well like i said before. I agree in part but lets say you are right,and your brother has prophesied 100% correct for 30 years.
But of late he missed one really bad. Is he some unsaved freak now?
See that is the problem with any police action. We drift into the law. Once there ANY MINUSCULE violation is still a VIOLATION.

Not saying you do that,just maybe see it how it really is.

what would we do with Jonah?

Jul 23, 2018
Folks do not need to be getting up saying God told them something when he did not. Those fakers are the cause that the rest judge the gifts so harshly. Some of these mega churches look more like cults than actual Christians. Some folks are worshiping these fakers just like they are some kind of god, when in all actuality if those folks were ever exposed to the real genuine Spirit of God they would be afraid and hopefully repent. Doesn't appear to me that God is in this multi-million dollar industry...No where have I read anything like that in the New Testament...Also aren't teachers held to a higher standard?
I pretty much agree.
I dont operate in overkill though

lightbearer

Jun 17, 2017
HBG. Pa. USA

1ofthem

Mar 30, 2016
I agree in part.
Just not willing to burn down the barn over 5 rats ,even though they are disgusting creatures.

look at it this way,if you really,really,really want justice for all,none of us would make it.
I agree in part. No we don't need to burn down the barn, but we do need to get the rats out before they start multiplying and take the whole barn over. Not saying stone them or any such thing but they do need called out and hopefully they will repent. We can't just turn a blind eye to it though. Those folks need rebuked so that they will be made sorrowful and hopefully repent.

What did Paul say about it?
He had to call some out and rebuke them, but he did not repent that he made them sorrowful, because Godly sorrow works repentance.

2 Corinthians 7 King James Version (KJV)
8 For though I made you sorry with a letter, I do not repent, though I did repent: for I perceive that the same epistle hath made you sorry, though it were but for a season.

9 Now I rejoice, not that ye were made sorry, but that ye sorrowed to repentance: for ye were made sorry after a godly manner, that ye might receive damage by us in nothing.

10 For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death.

1ofthem

Mar 30, 2016
I pretty much agree.
I dont operate in overkill though
I'm not sure what you're talking about with overkill. If it is calling people out when needed, then I don't think that is overkill.

I'm not sure who it was they had posted on here that had come up with all those prophecies that didn't come true, but whoever it was then he needs called out and people need to mark him and stay away from him because he surely isn't a prophet of God. That is evident because we will know them by their fruits. To me that's not overkill...that is simply what the Word of God says to do.

Jul 23, 2018
lightbearer said:
I am not here for that. But since you insist.
No I am Scott, and I am Christian.

i can be all three at once.
never mind.
I woulda never thought something so simple would take a week to establish.

Jul 23, 2018
Goody, does it matter? NO....
I suppose not. I am so ready to give an account of my faith i guess i forget others are shaky about it.
It helps to locate where someone is coming from.

no worries,

lightbearer

Jun 17, 2017
HBG. Pa. USA
I suppose not. I am so ready to give an account of my faith i guess i forget others are shaky about it.
It helps to locate where someone is coming from.

no worries,
Faith is not a denomination. And I answered your question. NO I am Scott a Christian.

I don't subscribe or promote any denomination. No denomination is without fault.

And Faith is about a relationship. Ours with God through Christ.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Well like i said before. I agree in part but lets say you are right,and your brother has prophesied 100% correct for 30 years.
But of late he missed one really bad. Is he some unsaved freak now?
See that is the problem with any police action. We drift into the law. Once there ANY MINUSCULE violation is still a VIOLATION.

Not saying you do that,just maybe see it how it really is.

what would we do with Jonah?
True Prophets of God don't miss period, unless they are speaking from their own. Do you think God mis-speaks?
No prophet's (or any Christian's) salvation is dependent on the accuracy of their words (although it may be an indication of the source of their words), that indeed would be legalism.
What police action? God is fully capable of handling self proclaimed prophets who speak falsely using His name. Again, God does not mis-speak.

Jul 23, 2018
True Prophets of God don't miss period, unless they are speaking from their own. Do you think God mis-speaks?
No prophet's (or any Christian's) salvation is dependent on the accuracy of their words (although it may be an indication of the source of their words), that indeed would be legalism.
What police action? God is fully capable of handling self proclaimed prophets who speak falsely using His name. Again, God does not mis-speak.
A prophet is a human.
Not a diety.
Of course God does not mispeak.
Men "hear incorrectly".
Teachers the same
Pastors the same.
Prophets the same.
They can and do make mistakes.
There are visions God gave me.
There are a couple of prophetic declarations I have made.
I have an excellent "track record".
But I have missed it too.
Just like the rest of us.
Does not mean I do not have a prophetic mantle/calling/and office.

I am secure in him. Man will call you this ans that. Man will dump trash cans on your head.
That my friend is part of it.
I have seen some including myself get a prophetic vision and then fail in the interpretation.
It takes maturity to process my thoughts from Gods words being spoken to me.
Many times I see what peoples dreams mean.
That is also a dimension where sometimes I am not allowed to tell them their dream. (It would not be recieved)
The visions i have seen over 40 years i have shared very little. The door will not be open.
David made bigger mistakes than all of us.
He was also judged Heavily.
But did not lose his prophetic mantle.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
A prophet is a human.
Not a diety.
Of course God does not mispeak.
Men "hear incorrectly".
Teachers the same
Pastors the same.
Prophets the same.
They can and do make mistakes.
There are visions God gave me.
There are a couple of prophetic declarations I have made.
I have an excellent "track record".
But I have missed it too.
Just like the rest of us.
Does not mean I do not have a prophetic mantle/calling/and office.

I am secure in him. Man will call you this ans that. Man will dump trash cans on your head.
That my friend is part of it.
I have seen some including myself get a prophetic vision and then fail in the interpretation.
It takes maturity to process my thoughts from Gods words being spoken to me.
Many times I see what peoples dreams mean.
That is also a dimension where sometimes I am not allowed to tell them their dream. (It would not be recieved)
The visions i have seen over 40 years i have shared very little. The door will not be open.
David made bigger mistakes than all of us.
He was also judged Heavily.
But did not lose his prophetic mantle.
This is an excuse false prophets make to cover their false utterances.
True prophets are God's voice period...no mistakes.
The major role of the Prophet was in rebuking the apostasy of His people and other false prophets.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee

I fully concur with your estimation on prophets. The gold biblical standard for prophets is 100% accuracy without fail because the words uttered were spoken under the direct authority of God.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Yeah men are fallible, but God is not. If God is telling someone something then it is going to be 100 percent correct every single time. If it ain't 100 percent correct, then be sure it is not of God.
Absolutely.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
I fully concur with your estimation on prophets. The gold biblical standard for prophets is 100% accuracy without fail because the words uttered were spoken under the direct authority of God.
Yes, which disqualifies those self deceived into thinking they are prophets but by their own mis-speaking prove otherwise.