Will God Send You THE Perfect Person... While They're Dating Someone Else?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Will God Send You THE Perfect Person... While They're Dating Someone Else?

• I have met THE perfect person for me--and that person was or is with someone else.

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • I would pursue someone who was just casually dating someone else.

• I would pursue someone who was ina relationship with someone else.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I would leave my relationship for someone I thought was better for me.

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • It's ok for someone to try to pursue someone in a relationship if it will help them (for example, ge

• It is never right to pursue someone who is seeing someone else, period.

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • It's ok to "drop hints" to someone who is with someone else that you would like to be with them.

• If the person is unhappy in their relationship, I'm doing them a favor by pursuing them.

• I would seek a friendship with the person I had my eye on, hoping they might leave their boyfriend/g

• It would be ok to pursue someone in a relationship under certain conditions... (such as?)

• I would never pursue someone who was seeing someone else.

• I have pursued someone who was with someone else and (how did it go?) Did you ride off into the suns

• God would only send you the right person while you BOTH are single.

• God might want two people to get married who are NOT both single when they meet.

• If you pursue someone who is already taken, you will one day reap what you sow (don't be surprised i

• I have something to share in my post.

• Total voters
M

Matthew

There is biblically no such thing as the perfect person. Are we Christian or not? The bible clearly states we're all sinners and that Jesus is the only perfect one. SO WHY, are you letting so many stupid hollywood films convince you single people otherwise??
I think hollywood gets a bit too much credit for this idea of a 'perfect person', or 'soul mate' etc....

I think it's misunderstood, I could say to you that you aren't perfect, but you are perfect for someone......in other words, everyone has someone that compliments them perfectly, even in spite of sins.

I think that is what people mean when they speak about 'the perfect person' to marry.

Last edited:
K

KiwiCA

I think hollywood gets a bit too much credit for this idea of a 'perfect person', or 'soul mate' etc....

I think it's misunderstood, I could say to you that you aren't perfect, but you are perfect for someone......in other words, everyone has someone that compliments them perfectly, even in spite of sins.

I think that is what people mean when they speak about 'the perfect person' to marry.
No, I still disagree with that concept as innocent as it is but I agree with one word you chose compliment.
People should never expect another to compliment them perfectly, complimentarism is advisable in marriage but it is something you work towards together not something you get straightaway. We should never aim to match our quirks up, thats just stupid and will make people think because they like the toilet roll the same way they are perfect for each other.

I have hardly anything in common with my husband (other than reading and Jesus). Hes a male Im a female, we're never going to compliment each other just with that. We were built differently. We compliment each other because we agree about God, Jesus, the bible and whats in the bible and what we should do as told by the bible. But thats because we work on that and still struggle with it. Thats pretty much it.

Im never going to be perfect for anyone least of all my husband. Jesus is the only perfect person between us. Thinking theres someone out there who will compliment us perfectly despite our sins is bordering on idiolising on an idea.

M

Matthew

We should never aim to match our quirks up, thats just stupid and will make people think because they like the toilet roll the same way they are perfect for each other.
I did not put that idea forward, nor is it anywhere close to what I meant.

I was speaking in far broader terms, such as views on what each person considers the 'big things', obviously matters of faith would be important for you, me and Christians et al.

Trying to match up idiosyncrasies is clearly not a good approach, but in terms of views and attitudes people can perfectly compliment each other.
There are couples in marriage but also people with close friendships where they are opposite in major ways and they work to bridge those differences to keep a strong relationship, but conversely there are people who 'click' and just find their views and attitudes aligning.

It happens, there is no one way, while it's a bad idea to set down the way we want it to happen because it's not our choice to make, that it happens both ways and many others besides is not a fact I consider debateable.

K

KiwiCA

I did not put that idea forward, nor is it anywhere close to what I meant.

I was speaking in far broader terms, such as views on what each person considers the 'big things', obviously matters of faith would be important for you, me and Christians et al.

Trying to match up idiosyncrasies is clearly not a good approach, but in terms of views and attitudes people can perfectly compliment each other.
There are couples in marriage but also people with close friendships where they are opposite in major ways and they work to bridge those differences to keep a strong relationship, but conversely there are people who 'click' and just find their views and attitudes aligning.

It happens, there is no one way, while it's a bad idea to set down the way we want it to happen because it's not our choice to make, that it happens both ways and many others besides is not a fact I consider debateable.

Ok, I agree :)
Did you read the link though? Its very interesting

M

Matthew

I actually read that a few weeks ago, someone else linked it from another thread, it is interesting and I agree with most of it. :)

D

djness

Everyone will be single in heaven no male or female. Spend less time in this life wasted on this stuff, serve God and go to heaven. All eternity, no male or female. No marriage. Time to get over it in life and stop asking the same questions over and over.

G

GreenNnice

There is biblically no such thing as the perfect person. Are we Christian or not? The bible clearly states we're all sinners and that Jesus is the only perfect one. SO WHY, are you letting so many stupid hollywood films convince you single people otherwise??

1 sinner + 1 sinner does not = perfection and sunshine and daisies.

Get your standards for a wife or husband from the bible but don't be surprised when they sin against you and act like God didnt warn you and hes a big fat meanie.

Secondly, if you like a person whose in a relationship, soberly ask for advice (esp if you and the two others are all christian) from someone outside of the situation who would give you clear advice and not instantly join your argument and tell you to go get em.
Isnt one of the 10 commandments - do not covet. Just because a relationship worked from 'stealing' a person away from another doesnt means its right. Should you try to take a woman away from an abusive husband, yes, but it should be done with a clear conscious not to date them right away, but to help them find their own footing and build their relationship with Jesus first.
-----....----
Good long thread, as uze, seoulsearching, . :D

For me, I would see flirting with someone else's girl by me as ujcomrortable. But it really depends on the situation as their are MANY movies with this storyline of guy with one girl losing her to a friends.

The Lord leads but I see it this way....

I feel like if the girl is showing a leaning to me then she would sooner or later be dropping my friends But, before anything would happen serious , I would talk with God (pray) and then talk with my friend.

This is a situation to remain humble and let your friend's girl really be the initiator IF your friend is utterly opposed, or, worse get, utterly distraught at fact that YOU are his best bud and YOU are taking his girl.

I'm just saying....really, not something I'm personally hard happen , but that's how I would do.that scenario nicelyv
IF wasn't so green on this subject :.D

N

nomerhunks

At time yes, but it will always be a personal decision in which no one is to be blame.