Will there be multiple walks in the valley of the shadow of death?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

TM19782017

Dec 15, 2018
Or we ignorant to believe once we came out, we won't have to return?

Dec 12, 2013
Does not matter if it is but one or a million....the result will always be the same if one loves God and seeks his face.....Death will always be but a shadow to the true believer.....!!!

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Scripture doesn't unpack the phrase "the valley of the shadow of death" and give us one clear, specific meaning for it (that I'm aware of offhand). I suspect that is intentional, because God wanted the psalm to be applicable in a wide variety of situations. Any particular person may come near death more than once in their life... literally. There are no promises to the contrary. Most people will face situations in which the death of others (or near-death) affects them. If we trust in the Lord for salvation, we can trust that He will be present with us in these most difficult of life circumstances... over and over.

KD

Nov 20, 2018
Does not matter if it is but one or a million....the result will always be the same if one loves God and seeks his face.....Death will always be but a shadow to the true believer.....!!!
Amen!!

I remember hearing a teaching once on this scripture and 1 of the talking points was there cannot be a shadow unless light is present.