Will There Be Sex in Heaven?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Will There Be Sex in Heaven?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

2ndTimeIsTheCharm

Feb 17, 2023
God has said that the number of people in the New Earth and New Heavens will be more numerous than the stars in the universe. Currently, the amount of people who are or will be saved is nowhere near that figure. God does not say that sex was created exclusively for procreation. A lot of married couples who are beyond childbearing age still have intimate physical sex. Nothing in the bible says that God has placed a limit on the amount of people that He has and will create.

Where in the Bible does it say that the number of people in the New Earth and New Heavens (which is after the GWTJ) will be more numerous than the stars in the universe? I can't find it.

Joshua_783

Sep 15, 2022
If sex is allowed in heaven, then I think at least self-sex would be allowed for singles. But I don't believe the unmarrieds will be allowed to have sex with each other.
MsMediator self sex? What is that supposed to be??

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Where in the Bible does it say that the number of people in the New Earth and New Heavens (which is after the GWTJ) will be more numerous than the stars in the universe? I can't find it.

Genesis 13:16 And I will make thy seed as the dust of the earth: so that if a man can number the dust of the earth, then shall thy seed also be numbered.

This has not yet happened. Must be in the future.

2ndTimeIsTheCharm

Feb 17, 2023
Genesis 13:16 And I will make thy seed as the dust of the earth: so that if a man can number the dust of the earth, then shall thy seed also be numbered.

This has not yet happened. Must be in the future.

Where does it say that God will make Abraham's seed as dust of the earth....through sex?

Abraham's Seed in this verse is Jesus and we become God's children through His salvific work - NOT SEX.

Oy! 🤦

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Where does it say that God will make Abraham's seed as dust of the earth....through sex?

Abraham's Seed in this verse is Jesus and we become God's children through His salvific work - NOT SEX.

Oy! 🤦

Obviously, by context, sex must be involved. Somewhere in the bible there is mentioned about becoming an heir of Abraham, even if not Jewish. Oy?:cool:

2ndTimeIsTheCharm

Feb 17, 2023
Obviously, by context, sex must be involved. Somewhere in the bible there is mentioned about becoming an heir of Abraham, even if not Jewish. Oy?:cool:

Okay. Show me where in the Bible what you're talking about. :cool:

HeIsHere

May 21, 2022
I think they had sex because they were on the earth, no longer in heaven.

Jesus said we will be like the angels in heaven.
Angels were able to give themselves procreative ability when God did not?

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Okay. Show me where in the Bible what you're talking about. :cool:

Post 327.

Counting everyone born since Abraham does not even come remotely close to his descendants numbering as the dust of the earth. Even 1000 years from now the number born would not even be close.

Nowhere in the bible does God explicitly state that there will not be sex in heaven.

If God is love, and He is indeed love, why would He limit the amount of people that can be loved by Him.

Do I know that there will be sex in heaven? No, I do not but do believe that there is a possibility and hope that this is the case.

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
I think they had sex because they were on the earth, no longer in heaven.

Jesus said we will be like the angels in heaven.
Not marrying. But, we'll have glorified BODIES. I doubt we'll be walking around without our genitals. What are we going to be? Smooth "down there"?? Why?

Now, how would it be done, I do not know. No marriage, so how would it exist? But, there is a lot about Heaven we do not know. Most of what we know is that it will be "perfect", which seems to be open to very subjective interpretations.

We'll have bodies... we'll enjoy sensual things like music and food and amazing sites... why would sex, the highest form of physical pleasure, be denied in Paradise of all places?

Anyway, we'll all find out soon enough.

BrotherMike

Be Still and Know
Jan 8, 2018
These are just thoughts and I'm probably wrong in the reason, but I strongly think there won't be only because He has His chosen and doesn't need more procreation... isn't why He created sex for in the first place? o_O:unsure::coffee:

Karlon

Mar 8, 2023
the Bible says no one will be married in heaven & you won't be able to get married either.

HeIsHere

May 21, 2022
These are just thoughts and I'm probably wrong in the reason, but I strongly think there won't be only because He has His chosen and doesn't need more procreation... isn't why He created sex for in the first place? o_O:unsure::coffee:

Let common sense prevail. Thank you!!

HeIsHere

May 21, 2022
Not marrying. But, we'll have glorified BODIES. I doubt we'll be walking around without our genitals. What are we going to be? Smooth "down there"?? Why?

Now, how would it be done, I do not know. No marriage, so how would it exist? But, there is a lot about Heaven we do not know. Most of what we know is that it will be "perfect", which seems to be open to very subjective interpretations.

We'll have bodies... we'll enjoy sensual things like music and food and amazing sites... why would sex, the highest form of physical pleasure, be denied in Paradise of all places?

Anyway, we'll all find out soon enough.

So where do we read in the Bible that we will be eating in heaven?

A glorified body is not a superhuman corporal body.