will we all be judged by the same standard?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
C

Complete_In_Him

Thank you for the insight, God bless
yep sure, I enjoy Christian discussion, sharing thoughts :)

God has appointed a 'day' (Acts 17:31)... and at His "appearing"(Day of Christ, a shout) we are caught away to our appointment for glorification with our new bodies, so we can be put to work in our vocation, our inheritance and position of the heavenly places, a dominion currently occupied by the angles of the adversary... whom we will judge, while the saints of another house(or church) judge the world with God at His 'coming'(Day of the Lord, a voice).

[SUP]2 [/SUP]Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters? [SUP]3 [/SUP]Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?

Feb 7, 2015
how about the teachings of Christ? remember His own words concerning His return. some will have prophecied in his name, driven out demons in hois name, so obviously they accepted Him ( if they are doing these things in His name. yet to those same He will say away from me you evildoers.......these are His words. and who will be welcomed ? those that feed the hungry, clothe the naked, offer companionship to the stranger ect. it is not saying Jesus is Lord that will save anyone ( according to His own words of truth) but only those who do the will of God. and His will? to Love one another in truth with action and not tongue alone.......accepting Jesus is more than words it is evident in a persons Life. " it is not those who call me Lord, Lord...but those who DO what I have told you to. absolutely we will give an account to the master, and He gives many warnings for those seeking the truth. God bless you
Without a doubt, the one thing Jesus stressed over, and over, and over again was that He expects us to care about and treat other human beings the same way He did. He didn't say we have to perform a particular ritual, or act a certain way or speak certain words. He said we had to love other human beings.

C

coby

I would hesitate on judging another persons motives. I think he was pretty honest and forward in speaking a fear he has in His heart. I'm not sure, but do you know him? or have any other reason besides this short comment to say hes lazy in ministering to some people? The best leaders are out in the world helping people. they are providing food, clothing, shelter, kindness, encouragement, comfort ect. Jesus saves, anyone who tells of the gospel is no more than an instrument used by God to bring another into the knowledge of salvation. All glory goes to Jesus in all ways, eternally. giving money to some ministry wont save anyone either. Giving our selves to God allows Him to do much good. I find it interesting that what you chose to comment on was a small part of what was said, it has an appearance of someone who is looking to criticize another who belongs to and is Loved by Christ and also has a pretty apparent zeal for sharing Jesus with others. I would look to the minister you are talking about and do as he does...encourage , help, pray for...and do as Jesus taught, Love others in Him.
I don't judge his motives. He says anyone's motives are that we don't want to, but when I look at myself on one hand it's laziness, on the other hand I simply got lazy because I was only told you have to and have no clue how. But now you can be trained here and without prayer it's no use to evangelize. I can do that as a start.

Last edited:
J

jasonj

Without a doubt, the one thing Jesus stressed over, and over, and over again was that He expects us to care about and treat other human beings the same way He did. He didn't say we have to perform a particular ritual, or act a certain way or speak certain words. He said we had to love other human beings.
agreed, though he did speak of communion....but nevertheless. I have found over the years that the law of moses really was about the same thing, treating other people with the same Love we treat ourselves with. if we steal, it is from our neighbor, if we lie about, it is our neighbor, adultery, murder ect.....people focus on "sin" so much it seems that many have forgotten what sin actually is and why God hates it, why he punished it so severely in the beginning ect. again jesus stressed things like the Sabbath being made for man, that giving a tenth should be less important than caring for our parents....and again and again he gives warnings so that people don't think we are no longer accountable. thanks bro I have enjoyed the discussion and have much to consider.

J

jasonj

I don't judge his motives. He says anyone's motives are that we don't want to, but when I look at myself on one hand it's laziness, on the other hand I simply got lazy because I was only told you have to and have no clue how. But now you can be trained here and without prayer it's no use to evangelize. I can do that as a start.

how to what brother? ask of God and He will. petition Him and He will provide all you need to go share His beautiful word. I found a very long time ago that if we listen to people telling us we aren't able in Christ, we only delay our future and the glory that is witnessed when His word is accepted. I am grateful that you have a desire to go and share, that's awesome. its really very simple, go tell the good news to anyone with ears, pray ion all occasions that Gods word will take root and remember we plant seed, it is God alone that makes it grow. if you are planting seeds God can make a forest. when evangelizing, stick to the simplest truths that you know. sin, death, repentance......Jesus, grace, forgiveness, brotherly Love, eternal Life. God bless you I will be praying

J

jasonj

yep sure, I enjoy Christian discussion, sharing thoughts :)

God has appointed a 'day' (Acts 17:31)... and at His "appearing"(Day of Christ, a shout) we are caught away to our appointment for glorification with our new bodies, so we can be put to work in our vocation, our inheritance and position of the heavenly places, a dominion currently occupied by the angles of the adversary... whom we will judge, while the saints of another house(or church) judge the world with God at His 'coming'(Day of the Lord, a voice).

[SUP]2 [/SUP]Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters? [SUP]3 [/SUP]Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?

thanks again and God bless you

Feb 7, 2015
agreed, though he did speak of communion....but nevertheless. I have found over the years that the law of moses really was about the same thing, treating other people with the same Love we treat ourselves with. if we steal, it is from our neighbor, if we lie about, it is our neighbor, adultery, murder ect.....people focus on "sin" so much it seems that many have forgotten what sin actually is and why God hates it, why he punished it so severely in the beginning ect. again jesus stressed things like the Sabbath being made for man, that giving a tenth should be less important than caring for our parents....and again and again he gives warnings so that people don't think we are no longer accountable. thanks bro I have enjoyed the discussion and have much to consider.
Communion is heartfelt remembering. It is not the physical ritual we have made it. In fact, what we call "Communion" and practice in an often very regimented ritualistic manner, is nothing like what they seem to have done in the early church.

Dec 19, 2009
just inquiring into peoples beliefs on what the standard is that Christians will be judged by? is it the same as another? is it the same as those under the mosaic laws ect.....just your beliefs and knowledge thank you.....God bless you
It isn’t so much that we are judged, as it is that sin has consequences. Those consequences are the same for everybody, and they aren’t pleasant. That’s why the Lord gave us commandments to obey – to keep us out of trouble.

J

jasonj

Communion is heartfelt remembering. It is not the physical ritual we have made it. In fact, what we call "Communion" and practice in an often very regimented ritualistic manner, is nothing like what they seem to have done in the early church.

bro it is definitely done in sincere remembrance from the heart, but I would say it is a ritual we are told to do. do this in remembrance of me......its not an empty ritual tho ur correct. God bless