Windows 10 Install

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

JaumeJ

Senior Member
Jul 2, 2011
21,909
7,063
113
Well, Windows 10, the free upgrade, came on my PC yesterday. When I clicked on the White Flag Logo in my tsk bar, a window opened saying it is here with the option button contained therein to "get started."

Well the usual asking permission window opened if I wanted it to install, I clicked yes, and it began with the circular rotating small globes in a circle and a message saying "working on it," or something very close to that.

It did not nor would not install.

A light went on in my head, first very dim due to age, then it became qui9te bright.

If this happens to you go to your Windows updates, click search for updates, and if you have the free upgrade, it should show up.

It would be a good thing to install any other updates first........but this probably is not absolutely necessary.......good using.
 
I downloaded the media onto a USB stick and installed it through that. Much less hassle :)

So i'm assuming you got it going?

Or and I quick tip, don't try and install e-sword on Windows 10, it froze on installation so I restarted and wasn't able to boot into Windows again, so I had to nuke hard drive.
 
  • Like
Reactions: JaumeJ
Thanks B.........


It installed quckly with no hitches using Windows Update, but the installer that came with the notification did not work. It installed immediately.

e-Sword was on my Windows 7, and it transfered fine using W Update. I used it this morning, as I do every day. God bless you and hold you close always.............j

I downloaded the media onto a USB stick and installed it through that. Much less hassle :)

So i'm assuming you got it going?

Or and I quick tip, don't try and install e-sword on Windows 10, it froze on installation so I restarted and wasn't able to boot into Windows again, so I had to nuke hard drive.
 
Well, Windows 10, the free upgrade, came on my PC yesterday. When I clicked on the White Flag Logo in my tsk bar, a window opened saying it is here with the option button contained therein to "get started."

Well the usual asking permission window opened if I wanted it to install, I clicked yes, and it began with the circular rotating small globes in a circle and a message saying "working on it," or something very close to that.

It did not nor would not install.

A light went on in my head, first very dim due to age, then it became qui9te bright.

If this happens to you go to your Windows updates, click search for updates, and if you have the free upgrade, it should show up.

It would be a good thing to install any other updates first........but this probably is not absolutely necessary.......good using.
So, is it worth it? We got this last desktop for me, when it became obvious Microsoft was going portable. We don't want to go portable. I'm also not big on cleaning my screen three times a day. (I'm not big on cleaning my screen once a month. lol) I think Windows 10 is all about touching screens.

But it's been nagging me to update for a month now and I can't get it to stop, so I'm really asking, is it worth it? If I do it do I have to buy yet another Word? Do I have to download e_Sword yet again? Do I get stuck with another IE? Will it kill off my Firefox and Chrome? What does Microsoft insist I do even when I don't want to now?
 
Dear Lynn,

My experience is with my desktop and a laptop. I do not use touch anything. My laptop is still awaiting the free update to W-10. I installed 10 on my desktop, and it works very well. I just installed it last night, so for me to say it is fine means something, at my age and with my vision problems.

The day before the offer of the free upgrade came out, I had determined to buy in installation disk for Windows 8 because my desktop was 7 and my laptop is 8.1. I wanted them to be both the same. Well Someone Who knows more than I do made certain the store was out of Windows 8 installastion disks asking me to come back in a week. Well, I did not have to because the offer for the free upgrade to 10 is or XP, 7 and 8. Now Who do you suppose arranged this for US...?

Now I await the upgrade n the laptop only, again, I have nothing touchy feely, just the mouse and keyboard short cuts, and Windows 10 is great for this usage. It combines the best features of 7 and 8, so do not be timid about it. You will love it............no touchy feely stuff involved, just a gift frome Someone to you.


So, is it worth it? We got this last desktop for me, when it became obvious Microsoft was going portable. We don't want to go portable. I'm also not big on cleaning my screen three times a day. (I'm not big on cleaning my screen once a month. lol) I think Windows 10 is all about touching screens.

But it's been nagging me to update for a month now and I can't get it to stop, so I'm really asking, is it worth it? If I do it do I have to buy yet another Word? Do I have to download e_Sword yet again? Do I get stuck with another IE? Will it kill off my Firefox and Chrome? What does Microsoft insist I do even when I don't want to now?
 
So, is it worth it? We got this last desktop for me, when it became obvious Microsoft was going portable. We don't want to go portable. I'm also not big on cleaning my screen three times a day. (I'm not big on cleaning my screen once a month. lol) I think Windows 10 is all about touching screens.

But it's been nagging me to update for a month now and I can't get it to stop, so I'm really asking, is it worth it? If I do it do I have to buy yet another Word? Do I have to download e_Sword yet again? Do I get stuck with another IE? Will it kill off my Firefox and Chrome? What does Microsoft insist I do even when I don't want to now?

Windows 8 was more about portability than 10 is, even to the extent of forcing a portable user interface onto desktop which received bad reception. Windows 10 for one fixes that, it is designed to work across all different types of screen media but it won't affect you, as desktop user in such a way.
You will be able to install it and keep all your programs already in tact, it'll ask you if you want to do that if you go ahead with the upgrade and you won't have to buy another Word. You will get a new version of IE called Edge and it will not restrict you from using Firefox or Chrome and it never has.
MS will always insist you upgrade because they want to push users forward. You can either do it now for free, or after a years time you will have to pay for Windows 10.
 
For e-Sword to function properly on you PC try going to the e-Sword folder in your Programs, open it, go to the e-Sword application icon, right click on it and select "pin to start."

For me, e-Sword worked immediately, but my theWord did not. I did the above for theWord, and it functions wonderflly now. God bless your work.

(It will come up as a tile when you pull up the menue and table on your desktop if it works for you.)

I downloaded the media onto a USB stick and installed it through that. Much less hassle :)

So i'm assuming you got it going?

Or and I quick tip, don't try and install e-sword on Windows 10, it froze on installation so I restarted and wasn't able to boot into Windows again, so I had to nuke hard drive.