Wisdom for everyday living

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
P

psychomom

Every time my mom comes to visit us, she watches very carefully.
She takes it all in...the way our children speak to one another, the advice asked for and given, the way my husband loves me with his life, the laughter at the dinner table, the games played while the baseball game is on, etc. etc.

Then she calls me when she gets home and says she has to remind me that our family isn't 'poor', we just don't have money. :)
(we do have money, though---enough to live, and some to give away!) ♥

That was a great point, Blain. I am the wealthiest woman I know! God has a lovely way of letting us know how blessed we are.
He has given us redemption, and everything we need. Now need is a somewhat mysterious word.
Sometimes what I really need is for the Father to discipline me. (and praise Him--He does!!)
Sometimes I need a trial; to go through something really distressing, or hard.

These trials the Lord sends us, they help us to grow in grace and knowledge. They help us shed a little more of our sinful nature and take on the mind of Christ. Of course, we can do that without trials, but for myself, I learn better when I am challenged to really pay attention, and nothing gets my attention like going through something I don't like. It turns my eyes to the Lord, if they have strayed, super fast!

But God (I love those two words together) doesn't stop giving with only what we need. He lavishes us with things that delight us! :)
He gives us the desire to seek His wisdom, and the strength to seek, and the ability to use knowledge, to apply it.
He makes us able to discern (or judge) what is true; what is right.
The Lord gives us His wisdom! Worldly wisdom...is that an oxymoron? lol Like 'deafening silence' or 'same difference'?
Of course, humans can have wisdom, but it's so limited!

I like these words from the book of James (chapter 3, v. 13-18)

Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom.
But if you have bitter jealousy and selfish ambition in your heart, do not be arrogant and so lie against the truth.
This wisdom is not that which comes down from above, but is earthly, natural, demonic.
For where jealousy and selfish ambition exist, there is disorder and every evil thing.
But the wisdom from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, reasonable, full of mercy and good fruits, unwavering, without hypocrisy.
And the seed whose fruit is righteousness is sown in peace by those who make peace. :)

S

shirley

proverbs 6:23 for the commandment is a lamp; and the law a light.......
we live in a dark world; and wthout getting familierwith GODS WORDAND LEARNING HOW TO EFFECTIVELY shine its light on our problems , we will certinalystumble in the darkness ;
when i think about it this hold true for all of us when we have problems instead of turning to his word we think we can solve ourselfs but when we seek his word GOD will shine his answers in his words '

F

ForeverHis42

in the book "A Wrinkle in Time" the lady shows the kids vast solar systems by using little floating globes, when Earth comes into the picture there are dark tentacles around it constantly growing. three forths of earth r about the least they cover at once, the book is fiction but kind of true, earth is overcome with darkness :( :( :(

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Yes this is true, acually this reminds me of a promise I made god a long time ago, i told him i wanted to be a beacon of light unto a world of darkness. some words of wisdom- Don't settle for less, you have to dream big to be big. This is especailly true in our walk of faith. if you want to be a great christian and never lose that thirst for god's heart Make a huge and wonderful goal. Did you know everysingle one of us have the power to heal The sick? I once tried to use this power, I commanded my desk to move and as far as i know it didn't move but i don't regret it at all. One day i will be able to heal the sick and i will do it for god not myself which means I will not heal my own sickness But i know god will. I mean since we have the power to do all jesus did because of the holy spirit why keep it hidden? This doesn't even have to be a goal for all of us, someone else may have a fantastic promise to god that we could never hope to do. Sometimes we ask god for a miracle, and sometimes god replies saying ( you want a miracle? be the miracle)

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
some words of wisdom is from what i experianced this morning. No matter what anyone tells you if you know it is what god wants never give up on your dreams. I was told by some people i am dreaming to big and that what i am asking for to do for god may not be his plan and i need to repent. LOL jesus said these kind of peole will come but we cannot allow them to change our minds. God is looking for people with a flaming heart for him. Not just your average christian, But one who is willing to lose it all for him and his name, who is willing to go that far from him. I know there are some of you here with that kind of heart and passion, So never give up because even if we lose it all, will it even matter? If we trust and love Jesus more the only thing that will realy hurt losing is people right?

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Words of wisdom for today is this, we want to be more like jesus right? well while he was on earth his first priorty was to serve not be served as he prepared to die. So today i choose to serve the needs of others first before myself, and I encourage everyone else to take this step as well. This world has always been about ourselves, Now serving others may sound easy but it will deny you most of your wants. So who is willing to lose their life to gain it? who is ready to take a leap of faith? If we really want to be more like jesus we will act like he does and put ourselves last.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
This word of wisdom is about prayer, when i first began to pray i could not get it down so I wrote to god. Like anything prayer takes practice and i am sure you have all heard to pray expectantly and i am just now learning to do this. I have asked god to heal my body and my damaged brain did it happen right when i asked? in a way yes, in god's eyes it has already happened because i have FAITH it will happen. we actually have a say in how long we wait for answered prayer in a way, I guess it would really depend on three things 1# if it is god's will, 2# if we have faith it will happen, 3# If we are willing to wait for it. What are you waiting on? what prayer have you asked for and haven't recieved yet? Have you been doing these three things? because if you have and it still isnt answered keep waiting for it, Joseph waited seventeen years for his prayer to be answered And the reason he was able to be patient is because he put his trust in god. have you done this? Wouldn't it be so much easier to just hand over your prayer or problem to god and just know he will take care of it for you? we don't have to carry a heavy burden when we can just take the load off and give it to god.

J

jkalyna

:) HEY BLAIN EACH ONE OF US HAS THE HOLY SPIRIT, IT'S ALL DIFFERENT AS OUR UNIQUE PRINTS AND DNA ARE. SOMETIMES THE HOLY SPIRIT WILL QUICKEN SOMEONE IN THE MIDDLE OF WASHING DISHES, OR ANY TIME OF THE DAY, TO PRAY FOR SOMEONE. I USUALLY LIKE TO MAKE A SET TIME IN THE EVENING TO SPEND WITH THE LORD. I JUST TALK TO HIM MOST OF THE TIME ALL DAY. I FOUND THAT IF I AM PREOCCUPIED WITH OTHER THINGS LIKE EMOTIONAL DISTURBANCES, AND TROUBLES, THEY ARE LIKE THE FIERY DART, THAT JUST ROBS ME OF MY TIME TO SPEND TALKING OR PRAYING TO THE LORD. I NEVER FEEL ALONE, AND THE TIMES I DON'T HAVE THIS FELLOWSHIP IS THE TIME THE ENEMEY HAS SENT THINGS TO DISTURB THE PEACE THAT JESUS HAS GIVEN ME. FOR HE SAID, MY PEACE I GIVE, YOU. WE ARE TOLD TO GUARD OUR HEARTS AND MIND, BY PRAYER AND SUPPLICATIONS, AND THANKSGIVING, AND THE PEACE OF GOD WILL GUARD US. :):D:)

O

OFM

Psalms 1 be a tree planted by the waters the Waters are the Living Waters of Our Lorsd Jesus Christ.amen-eth....

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
So Today i am going to ask you about your faith and what you want in christ. Here is what i beleive we should all desire it's actually part a song- a wonderful song. ( It's gotta be more like falling in love than something to beleive in. More like losing my heart than giving my allegiance. I need a truth that Loves lives and breaths. Do you see what this person is wanting? He has seen many fake christian who speak of words but no heart and action. He doesn't want a fake relationship like so many others have, he wants to take a huge risk here, Giving all of his heart not some of it. Do you know how many so called christians there are in this world? If i were to say as a percentage I would say 70% So many christians actually lead people away from god because they cannot see god is a god of love. And then there are others who put on a facade- let me explain. The dc Talk album on jesus freaks, author and speaker brennan manning draws this conclusion.( The single greatest cause of atheism in the world today is christians who acknowledge jesus with their lips then walk out the door and deny him by their life style. that is what an unbelieving world finds unbelievable. You see everyone despises a fake. Unfortuanatly my whole family will do this very same thing, but now as christians the main problem we face is what this person was singing about except unlike most of us he was willing. The problem is not how strong our faith is. or much we trust and obey god the problem is we are not willing to give him ALL of our hearts. This is very risky because when we take this plunge- this leap of faith we can very easily get hurt by it and will change everything especailly how we live and who we are. it will show our darkest area of our hearts and we wwill have to face it. But as another person said in a song ( i dont care care if i bleed at least i will be feeling something. This is yet another man who says( Okay thats it! no more holding back I will not be like so many others. I am going to take the risk and go radical in my faith, odds are i will get hurt but i dont care I choose to be A JESUS FREAK. Even i am too scared to do this i will admit it but i hope this will inspire everyone to take this leap of Faith, who has the courage? Who is willing to get hurt for god? Who is willing to Face the deepest darkest and most shameful part of our hearts?

F

ForeverHis42

Toby Mac was originally part of DC Talk, his album Tonight has a lot of Jesus Freak songs. A really good one can be found on the Portable Sounds album, called "Lose My Soul". Really good lyrics..."I don't wanna gain the whole world, and lose my soul"